Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57  All

Author Topic: Role Madness VI: Mafia Noir - Home of the only TRUE Mafia: (MAFIA WIN)  (Read 115169 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Role Madness VI: Mafia Noir - Home of the only TRUE Mafia: (Day 3 Begins!)
« Reply #1375 on: February 11, 2013, 12:17:43 pm »

Robz888:

--------------------

Nora: "Nick?"

You try your best to ignore her, letting out a soft snore into the darkness.

Nora: "Nicky?"

She won't be deterred. Sometimes you wish life was just you and Aster.

Nick: "What?"

Nora: "Are you asleep?"

Nick: "Yes"

Nora: "Good, I want to talk to you."

You sigh to yourself. You had given up detective work. Retired. Married even! Your days of sneaking through dark offices searching for lost files - or worse - were over! Still, you had to forgive Nora. She had only ever heard stories of your great adventures, and now here you both were, thrown into yet another case, and on your honeymoon no less!

You throw the covers off, sit up on the edge of the bed and reach over to turn on the light.

Nick: "Yes Nora dear, what is it?"

Nora: "Well Nicky, it's just that I was thinking... You used to know Marlowe from years back, didn't you? You always used to talk about the trouble the two of you had gotten in to together."

Nick: "Mmm"

Nora: "Well, if Marlowe HAS gone missing, and since we're in town and all, wouldn't it be just swell if you could help solve the mystery of his disappearance?"

Nick: "My dear, what would be just "dandy" is to be able to lie back down and get some sleep."

Nora: "Oh but Nick! This could be serious!"

Nick: "I think I seriously need a drink..."

Nora: "Nicky, if you're getting up, would you mind getting me a glass of water?"

Nick: "Are you sure you wouldn't like something a little stronger?"

Nora: "Oh no dear. I'm really quite tired. Just a little water will do."

Kicking Aster off the foot of your bed, you reach down to grab your slippers. Just as you're bending over, a bullet comes shattering through your window and lodges itself into your headboard, just behind where your head had been not a moment before. Aster runs to the broken window barking, and you can hear the sound of tires squealing off into the night as a car takes off from the alley-way just outside.

Nick: "It seems my dear that I may not have a choice in the matter. I shall begin looking into the case tomorrow. Happy?"

Nora: "Yes Nick. I am. But could you do me a small little favor and mix me up something a little stronger than that water?"

----------

You are Nick Charles http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Thin_Man world-famous retired detective. At least you USED to be retired. Despite the fact that Nora comes from a very well-to-do family, the two of you had decided to leave most of your money at home when you went on your honeymoon. You thought it would be romantic to live a little more of a rustic lifestyle for a week or so.

Unfortunately this means that you don't have the funding to launch a full out investigation. The police, while certainly trying to stay in charge, aren't always that helpful. They've provided enough support to keep you running for two days, but after that you'll need to find funding from somewhere else.

Every night, as long as you have the supplies to do so, you may PM me the name of 1 player, performing an investigation on them and learning their alignment. At the start of the game, you have enough supplies to keep your operation running for two nights.

You win when all threats to the town are killed, or nothing can prevent this from happening.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1376 on: February 11, 2013, 12:19:02 pm »

Jotheonah:

--------------------

Life on the street can be rough. Food is scarce, and there's corruption all around. Sometimes you gotta be willing to sacrifice some morals just to stay fed.

At least, that's how you used to feel. That was back before they took Rocky away. Rocky. You still feel like owe a debt to him, and to society. It was your fault he got taken away...

The two of you had been talked into robbing a Railcar as kids. Everything went well, until you went to escape. The men who talked you into robbing the train had sold you out, and the Cops were waiting. It was while you and Rocky were running that you tripped and fell onto the tracks. Rocky stopped and pulled you free just seconds before the Steam train thundered past. But you were always faster than Rocky, and the delay let the Police catch up to him while you got free.

Now... Well, it had been 5 years, and life still hadn't gotten any easier. You were still starving, and you still didn't always have a roof over your head. But you were determined to set things right. Maybe you would join the Church, so God could forgive your sins... but first you needed to find the men who set you and Rocky up at the Trains all those years ago. Justice must still be served.

-----

You are Jerry Connolly, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angels_with_Dirty_Faces

You may not be much to look at, but boy are you tiny. Because of this, you cannot be Jailed - you'll just slip through the bars! Each night, as long as you've got enough energy you may do 1 of 3 things:

1) You may Watch a player, and see who visits them that night.

2) You may Follow a player, and see where they go.

3) You may choose to send a previous result (I'll send the PM) to the Detective, and he'll receive an exact copy of the PM that you received, dated with the night that you received it.

Due to the dangerous nature of your work, you've worked hard to keep your identity secret from <i>everybody</i>. Because of this, you will not be told who the Detective is, nor will they be informed of your identity.

You've got just enough funding to provide yourself food for two nights.

You win when all threats to the town are dead.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1377 on: February 11, 2013, 12:19:42 pm »

mcmcsalot:

-------------------

Beauty.

It's a wonderful thing. Have enough of it, and men will do anything. And men have done everything for you.

Yeah, you had sworn to get out of the game after Jim failed to clear your name on his deathbed. You were gonna skip town, take what you could get and leave.

But where would the fun in that be? Besides, you swindled the Swede and the rest of the gang out of $250,000 once, surely you can do it again? You just gotta stay one step ahead of the rest of the Mafia - but hey, you've done so for years.

Life is beautiful. And when you're the most beautiful of them all, then life will do your bidding.

-----

You are Kitty Collins, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Killers_%281946_film%29 You're not the most scrupulous person in the world, but you're not BAD either. You're just always looking out for #1. Men's hearts are like putty in your hands, and why shouldn't you make a profit on it?

Each night, as long as you have the funding to keep yourself looking top of the line, you may seduce one player, preventing them from performing any action that night. Additionally, being as beautiful as you are, nobody wants to see you dead. If a shot is directed at you, the gunman will find himself too mesmerized to pull the trigger. This trick only works once though. You are 1-shot bullet-proof.

You currently have just enough funding for two nights worth of Cosmetics.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1378 on: February 11, 2013, 12:20:25 pm »

Jimmmmm:

--------------------

Today was supposed to be your day off. You were going to spend it out with Nancy and Tommy.

But the sick never stop coming in, and the Coroner had just called about a strange case he had, and it DID sound serious.

Clinton: "I'm sorry Nancy dear, but why don't you take Tommy down to see a show? I've been called in, and I really should stop by. Say, how about I meet up with you two for lunch around 2 O'Clock?"

Nancy: "Oh, alright then. But you're going to owe Tommy!"

Clinton: "Yes, I know. Thank you SO much sweetheart. Tommy? Enjoy the show kiddo, and I'll see you for lunch."

---

Upon arriving at the Coroners office, you head straight in to look at the body.

Clinton: "What do you make of this tissue Ben?"

Ben: "I don't know, but I don't like it."

Clinton: "This one's a specimen of his sputum, and here's one of the bullets Kleber recovered. Let me see that slide."

Ben: "It's practically pure culture."

Clinton: "Holy... I've never... Ben, quickly, get everybody away from the body!"

Ben: "Yessir Dr. Reed"

Outside:
Ben: "Everybody! Out in the hall! Now, hurry up! Hurry up!"

Back in the Room:
Ben: "Doctor, what is it?"

Clinton: "Can you get this man cremated?"

Ben: "Why, sure, I suppose I can, but..."

Clinton: "I don't want no supposing Ben! I want him cremated, now! I want everything that's touched him burned, or sterilized - quickly now, there's no time to waste!"

Ben: "Yes Doctor, but please, what are we dealing with here?"

Clinton: "Look, aside from isolated cases in the last year, there's been at least one major outbreak. It happened in LA, where a woman died of what was thought to be pneumonia. Thirty-two people had had contact with her... and within four days, before the disease could be correctly diagnosed and contained... twenty-six of them had died,and they died suddenly, violently and horribly. The disease was finally found to be... pneumonic plague. And if that is indeed what we're dealing with here, then we may very well only have a matter of days to try and save the lives of countless others. What's more, this disease doesn't occur naturally. If we're seeing an outbreak of it now, then someone, or someones are behind it."

-----

You are Doctor Clinton Reed http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Panic_in_the_Streets_%28film%29

You've been a Doctor for 12 years, and you're a leading disease biologist. You have an ultimate sense of optimism in the world, and believe that through medicine you can make anything right. Each night, as long as you have the funding to keep your tools sanitized, you may save one player from what would otherwise be certain death.

You currently have sanitation funding for two nights.

You win if all threats to the town are dead.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1379 on: February 11, 2013, 12:21:08 pm »

Dsell:

--------------------

You sat silently as the train rumbled down the tracks. The moon had just cracked the horizon, but you could tell it was going to be a dark night. So much had happened over the last 24 hours... you still didn't know how you had gotten involved in all this. All you knew was that you needed to keep your gun close to your side.

The details all blurred together in your head as you tried to recollect the exact sequence of events. You recall meeting... God, you didn't even know her name!

Well, you can't keep calling her "That Woman" in your mind, so Clara will have to do. You remember meeting Clara at the Palace Music Hall earlier that afternoon. The two of you had hit it off right away, and after a nice, quiet dinner, you had both gone back to your flat.

It was there that things went wrong. Clara had told you that she was part of the British Government, on special assignment to find... something. You forget what. She mentioned something about a band of Criminals who had stolen this item. When your doorbell rang, you stepped out to answer it... and when you came back, you found Clara lying dead on the floor, her throat slit.

That's when you bailed. You quickly packed your bag, grabbed your money, and boarded this train. You knew that whoever killed Clara was going to come after you too - you knew to much. And you knew the Police would blame you for her murder as well.

You look up from your table as the door at the end of the train opens - and freeze. 3 Policemen walk into the car, one of whom is carrying and unmistakable picture of you.

Carefully pulling your hat down over your eyes, you reach into your pocket and finger your Revolver. You really don't want it to come to this. Slowly standing up, you move towards the back door and slide through it before anybody can stop you.

Unfortunately, sitting in the back Car means you have nowhere to go... well, nowhere if you don't jump.

Looking back into the Car, you see some people pointing in your direction. Looks like you don't have much choice. It's now or never.

You jump.

-----

You are Richard Hannay, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_39_Steps_%281959_film%29 Fearing for your life from all sides, and knowing that you've been framed, you know that the only way to prove your innocence is to take out those who would do you harm first - and find the missing item "Clara" had told you about. Good thing you've always got your trusty Revolver on you. You're going to need it.

Each night, if you can afford the bullets, you may choose one player to shoot and kill. Additionally, you always carry one spare bullet for emergencies, so anybody who comes to kill YOU during the night, will also find themselves dead.

You have currently enough funds to load your gun twice.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1380 on: February 11, 2013, 12:21:46 pm »

Cuzz:

--------------------

You remember clearly the day your sanity snapped. It was late autumn, and you were just 11 years old. Your parents had died when you were a baby, and you had been brought up by your Aunt.

Your drunk, abusing, God-forsaken Aunt.

The day had been particularly nice, and you had stopped at the park with your friends before coming home from school. When you stepped through your front door, there was a sickening crack as a wooden paddle slammed across your face. You instantly dropped to the floor, spilling your books everywhere. As your head stopped spinning and the world regained focus, the smell of liquor suddenly overwhelmed you. Knowing your Aunt was watching, you slowly got up to your knees and started to collect your books. You knew not to cry, or show any emotion at all - it would only make her wrath worse.

As you reached out grab your last book, your Aunt stepped forward, placing her entire weight on the back of your wrist. Like a twig, it snapped. And so did everything else. You no longer felt the pain in your face. You not longer felt the shattered bones in your wrist. You no longer felt anger and resentment towards your Aunt. You no longer felt anything at all.

The next day the Police found your Aunt dead in her bed. You were locked away and sent to Reform School, but nothing was going to change the world for you now. It was a cruel, dark place, where compassion and love didn't exist. No life was worth saving, and everybody was going to be damned to Hell.

Might as well help them get there.

-----

You are Raven, Professional Hitman: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/This_Gun_for_Hire

You belong to nobody, and you'll take funding from anyone. All you want to do is kill. Kill. KILL. Each night, you may choose to steal one of the following, as long as you have the resources to make sure the operation is a success:

1) Monogrammed Playing Cards: Ellen can't drop her cards as a trace to find you if she doesn't have them. On any night that you choose to steal this item, you will be investigation immune.

2) Chemical Formula: With the Chemical Formula in your possession, nobody will dare to shoot you for fear of losing information on it's whereabouts. On any night that you choose to steal this item, you will be 1-shot bullet proof.

In addition, you may kill one person each night.

You currently have enough funding to last you two nights.

You win if you're the only player left alive, or nothing can prevent this from happening.

Mafia Record:

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: February 11, 2013, 12:22:01 pm »

Was there any way for town to win after day 3?
No wonder the choice between Ins and shraeye felt hard..

Thanks for the extremely fun game and great flavour Galz, and grats to the mafia team. We were powerless.

Town could still have won if Cuzz was not the lynch.

This game had so so much town lying.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: February 11, 2013, 12:25:52 pm »

Package Details:

In addition to all other game related mechanics listed to date, there will also be a McGuffin Package circling around. This package does nothing, but will be announced in the opening flavor of the game, and made clear that every player wishes to obtain it.

Each night, EVERY player in the game may take 1 of 2 additional actions to their Role:

They may:

1) Investigate another player, to see if they currently have the Package. If successful, they learn what that player sees.

2) Name a player and attempt to steal the Package from them. If successful, they learn 4 characters from the below list.

---

Results will happen in "real" time, according to timestamp (They will be resolved in order, with all information being sent out at one time, to reduce mixups. The timestamps will be posted in this thread, and organized). If at any time a player "acquires" the Package, they immediately study it, obtaining results as follows (Cross-Posted against the Sign-up list):

1. Robz: APPA
2. Eevee: RATU
3. mcmcsalot: S_FO
4. Shraeye: R_TR
5. Archetype: APPI
6. Qvist: NG_L
7. Jimmm: IONS
8. Cayvie: _IN_
9. Insomniac: _SCO
10. Jotheonah: TTIS
11. Dsell: H_HI
12. Ashersky: GHLA
13. Cuzz: NDS.

In order: "Apparatus for trapping lions in the Scottish highlands."
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacGuffin#section_1

Random Number Generator says that... Archetype will receive the Package to start the game!

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: February 11, 2013, 12:28:37 pm »

Original Package Flavor to Archetype:

You were first on the scene following my abduction. You found the office trashed, but saw a mysterious package lying off to the side. Thinking it might be important, you grabbed it before fleeing the scene before you were found in an awkward situation.

After a few hours of examining the package, you have discovered the following:

"APPI"

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: February 11, 2013, 12:32:03 pm »

Cuzz's steal flavor on the package:

As the rain began to fall harder, you tipped your fedora down over your eyes. It was going to be a long night. You let out a sigh and watched as your breath curled off into the frigid air. Sticking close to the blood-stained wall you cursed the man that you had discovered holding the package lost at Marlowe's office. You knew that it was important, and you knew you needed to figure out where it came from. Not only could you use it to blackmail the person who sent it, but it just might keep you alive.

But this bastard hadn't come by, and you had been waiting for more than 3 hours in the shadows, feeling as each and every part of your body went numb.

You decide you cannot wait any longer. Slowly you creep out into the street, making your way towards the window that you had spotted the package in. You looked constantly up and down the street for anybody that might be approaching, but the night was dead still. When you reached the window, you tried to peer inside but all the lights were off. Damn.

Taking your gun out of its holster and your fedora off your head you place the gun inside and wrap it up. You can feel your hair get soaked to the scalp instantly, but this shouldn't take long. Taking one more look up and down the street to make sure you don't have an audience, you reach back and use your pistol to smash open the window. You know that even as muffled as it was somebody probably heard it, so you know you don't have much time.

You quickly reach inside the window to unlock it, then throw it open and climb inside. Shaking the remains of glass off your fedora you place it comfortably back onto your head. You make sure to keep your pistol in hand. Unfortunately you knew this would have to be done from memory, and all you could do was hope that the package was still there.

You slowly make your way across the room, feeling out with your free hand to make sure you don't run into something along the way. About halfway across the room to the cabinet that you had seen the package resting, you hear movement and voices coming from upstairs. You knew your time was short. Throwing caution to the wind you tuck your gun back into its holster and pull out"  your box of matches. If you're going to be quick you'll need as much light as you can get.

Firing one up you hold it in front of you as you begin to make your way once more across the room. You reach the cabinet just as you hear someone coming down the stairs. Looking out into the hallway you can tell by their shadow that they're armed. It's now or never. You make a swipe for where you remember the package to be and success! There it is! Taking it in hand you bolt for the window. You've always wanted to try this. The man from upstairs rushes into the room with his shotgun cocked and fires a round of shells into the wall less than 2 feet behind you. You don't look back as you dive headfirst straight for the open window, tucking the package into your chest as you sail clear through.

The landing is a bit rough, knocking the air from your lungs, but you don't stop to recover. Bolting into the side alley where your automobile is parked you jump inside and tear out of there. That was a little bit too close for your tastes.

Only once your heart stopped racing did you pull over to the side of the road and pull out the package. Time to see what this was all about.

Upon examining it closely, you were able to make out the following:

"NDS."

The rest, would remain a mystery for now.[/b]
« Last Edit: February 11, 2013, 12:34:12 pm by Galzria »

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: February 11, 2013, 12:41:10 pm »

Eevee, yes, there were a number of ways to win still. On the night Dsell was killed, there were numerous, numerous outcomes still possible - and even after that on the final day had you lynched mafia instead of the SK, you still could've won. It would've left 1 each, Mafia and SK, along with 2 town. If the Mafioso is Insomniac, he and Cuzz could kill each other, leaving just the two town.

If it was Shraeye, then Cuzz's shot would've failed, leaving you 2 town and Shraeye - standard lylo.
Had Shraeye shot Lekkit, and Cuzz shot Shraeye, you would've had 4 living. Flip the shots and your right back to the example above.

Had Cuzz shot you and Shraeye shot Cuzz, town would lose.
Flip the shots and you've got 1-1-1, with Lekkit BP still (no-lynch could result in a win).

So yes, even at the end there were ways out.

Mafia Record:

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: February 11, 2013, 01:01:23 pm »

In addition to all other game related mechanics listed to date, there will also be a McGuffin Package circling around. This package does nothing, but will be announced in the opening flavor of the game, and made clear that every player wishes to obtain it.

Did I call it or did I call it?

I may not have known who the scum were, but I sure knew how Galz thinks.

Seriously, though, great game, Galz. Great flavor and mechanics. A pleasure to play and watch.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: February 11, 2013, 01:03:43 pm »

Did I call it or did I call it?

I believe you called it.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Role Madness VI: Mafia Noir - Home of the only TRUE Mafia: (MAFIA WIN)
« Reply #1388 on: February 11, 2013, 01:05:18 pm »

Also, I take that back about not knowing who the mafia were. I was aggressively pushing shraeye's lynch when I died (though I just had to go back and look that up).
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: February 11, 2013, 01:25:57 pm »

Eevee had lynched me or Shraeye instead. Cuzz would have shot the other and we would have had to shoot cuzz. Causing a town win on the final day.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: February 11, 2013, 01:31:28 pm »

Didn't you give me a town read jo? I know robz did
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: February 11, 2013, 01:33:07 pm »

Eevee had lynched me or Shraeye instead. Cuzz would have shot the other and we would have had to shoot cuzz. Causing a town win on the final day.

Shraeye was, in fact, still bullet proof. So that would've given you guys a chance. And if for whatever reason Cuzz shot Eevee or Lekkit weird things could happen.

Mafia Record:

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: February 11, 2013, 02:04:36 pm »

Oh, if it isnt clear to everyone by now, giving me a super influencal town role does not bode well with.. town's chances. This should be probably nominated as the worst town performance in the next years awards? And this was the same game where Robz forgot his role..

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: February 11, 2013, 02:35:35 pm »

Great game guys.  I'm sad I didn't get to use my super cool fake claim...stupid "strongman" bomb.  :)
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: February 11, 2013, 03:17:26 pm »

I like how in both of my recent RMM wins I've pulled my role out of thin air :)

An aside why DID Robz claim VIG...GET IN HERE ROBZ

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1395 on: February 11, 2013, 03:25:23 pm »

I like how in both of my recent RMM wins I've pulled my role out of thin air :)

An aside why DID Robz claim VIG...GET IN HERE ROBZ

He somehow misread his PM.  That's it.

When he first made the claim, Galz and I speculated that it was a gambit.  Eevee had just lied and claimed daycop, and claiming Cop after that would be almost tantamount to a counterclaim.  Given that Eevee was considered probtown at that point, it could have led to Robz being lynched as a "liar".  So he lied so as not to force a losing confrontation with Eevee.

But nope.  It was just a simple mistake.

But seriously, so much town lying.  Eevee lied about being a daycop, then again about being out of jailkeeping shots.  Robz (unintentionally) lied about being a vig.  Dsell lied about roleblocking his victim. 

Insomniac and shraeye had some neat fake claims, but I think they were a little too far out there to be true.  Insomniac's role especially seemed overpowered.  A game with possibly two town docs would be crazy.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: February 11, 2013, 03:31:39 pm »

When we got some letters from Galz I puzzled them together to something like "INS GOT S_T _P INFO". It didn't use all letters, but most of them. And I had recieved additional letters as well. So I thought Ins was town, with set up info, and if the mafia had decoded it they would've wanted him dead. I guess I was wrong.

I really liked the game. I think I might enjoy RMM games more than normal games, but I'm not sure.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: February 11, 2013, 03:40:57 pm »

Most of my lying was reasonable, I guess. The lying wasn't why my play sucked here.

The daycop claim was unnecessary though, I panicked and didnt realize the Qvist case was so flimsy I could have been killed without a faked cop result.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: February 11, 2013, 03:44:46 pm »

It was probably the coolest town-lie, though.

Also, I'm really bad at mafia, it seems. I've only won once, and that was when scum was everywhere.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: February 11, 2013, 04:15:57 pm »

It was probably the coolest town-lie, though.

Also, I'm really bad at mafia, it seems. I've only won once, and that was when scum was everywhere.

You'd like RMM7, upcoming.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51
Pages: 1 ... 54 55 [56] 57  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 16 queries.