Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57  All

Author Topic: Role Madness VI: Mafia Noir - Home of the only TRUE Mafia: (MAFIA WIN)  (Read 114121 times)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
Re: Role Madness VI: Mafia Noir - Home of the only TRUE Mafia: (Day 3 Begins!)
« Reply #1275 on: February 06, 2013, 02:57:52 am »

I'm not sure there's anything else I want to discuss today, I am basically ready to lynch yuma, but will leave time for Lekkit in case he wants to convince Eevee to do massclaim today (which I still support).
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: February 06, 2013, 03:04:04 am »

I'm not sure there's anything else I want to discuss today, I am basically ready to lynch yuma, but will leave time for Lekkit in case he wants to convince Eevee to do massclaim today (which I still support).

Probably safe to vote, then.  Lekkit can hammer if he is okay to postpone the claim.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: February 06, 2013, 03:06:17 am »

No. I am still very afraid of a Yuma selfhammer. He says he wouldn't do it, but he absolutely would if it was best for his team.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: February 06, 2013, 03:16:16 am »

No. I am still very afraid of a Yuma selfhammer. He says he wouldn't do it, but he absolutely would if it was best for his team.

Good point.  I was in that game.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: February 06, 2013, 07:02:45 am »

I'm fine with lynching yuma now.

Vote: yuma

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: February 06, 2013, 08:43:03 am »

see guys... no self vote from me!

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: February 06, 2013, 09:00:28 am »

I'm ready to hammer.  In case I'm not around to help analyze things tomorrow, posts #1033 and #1124 from me deserve a second look.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: February 06, 2013, 09:06:19 am »

vote: Yucca

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: February 06, 2013, 09:13:38 am »

vote: phoenix

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: February 06, 2013, 09:23:58 am »

Zzzzz
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: February 06, 2013, 09:53:38 am »

Someone gets a free scum hammer for yuma's stats! Right, but some of you are scum yourselves so that's no good..

Everybody cross your fingers upon submitting your night actions!

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: February 06, 2013, 10:55:33 am »

Cool, back from class.

Vote: yuma

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: February 06, 2013, 11:03:55 am »

THREAD LOCKED!!!

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: February 06, 2013, 12:09:52 pm »

I won't bore you with the details of the fight. Let's just say that when all was said and done, my man looked a whole lot worse than I did.

"Who are you?"

"Why don't you tell me?"
"Don't play games with me. I've caught you trespassing at the scene of a crime. Now tell me who you are!"
"Look, I don't know, alright?"
"A likely story. On your feet. Now!"

I reached down and picked the man up by one arm, sitting him down in the chair behind the desk. I had already taken his pistol away, so there was no need to worry about being shot, and as long as my GOVERNOR was in hand, he wasn't going anywhere.

"You're a PI, aren't you? I've seen your face somewhere before..."
"You got that right. My name is Rigby Reardon. I've come searching for Inspector Marlowe. Word has it he was close to this Harding fellow."

My head began to swim. Marlowe. Harding. Names from a distant past, and yet nothing more than shadows cast by a flickering candle. Here one moment, gone the next. Who was I? The man who called himself Reardon was still talking.

"... And so here I am. Now, unless you fancy a trip to the slammer, you're going to start answering some of my questions. Understand?"
"I'll tell you what I can, but the truth is I don't remember anything."
"Alright, let's start from the beginning. I'll ask you again: Who are you?"
"I don't know."
"Why did you come here? What were you looking for?"
"I don't remember, and I don't know."
"Damnit. This is going nowhere, and I don't have the time to waste! I came here to find clues about a package Harding sent to Marlowe. I can't deal with..."
"Wait! A package? Yes, I remember a package..."
"Talk! Tell me what you know!"
"Well, it's vague. My memory is a bit spotty. But here's what I know..."

I listened as this man told me his story. From the moment he first woke up in a bathroom stall just outside Marlowe's office, to his flight from the cops, to finding himself in a hotel room. I was beginning to suspect that I might know who this man was, but there were still things I needed to find out.

"Next thing I knew, I find myself here. Something about this place seems so very familiar, but I just can't place it. And I know that if I can just find.... Something, that I can get my memories back."
"Let me see the paper that you took from Marlowe's office. Thanks. Now, I'm going to read it to you, and I want you to write down what I say."

After reading out the remnants of the letter I took the fresh made copy and compared the two. Exact same handwriting. This man was Ace Harding.

"Alright, let me run you through what I know. Your name is Ace Harding. You're a Private Investigator like myself. You knew something was going down in this town and you tried to warn Marlowe. You sent him something for safe keeping, knowing that whatever was happening "they" would be coming for you first. Before you could skip town, "they" caught up with you. By the looks of things, whatever is happening isn't just about murders. Given your memory loss I have to believe we're dealing with a bioterrorist. It fits with the slaying of Doctor Clinton Reed, who was world renown for his biochemistry training. My suspicion then is that the package that you sent to Marlowe contains the anti-virus. You had it, and you knew you couldn't let this criminal organization have it. That means whoever has it now likely has power over death - I just hope it hasn't yet fallen into the wrong hands."

This was a lot to take in. If I thought my head was spinning before, I was wrong. Everything this man said made sense to me... And yet I still couldn't say with certainty that he was right. I felt like I was at a cinema, watching a film of the life this man was describing, knowing it was my own, yet also believing that it was all fake. Again, I snapped back to reality to realize that Reardon was still talking.

"So. Here's the question - who did this to you and how? Quickly now! We don't have much time. They must've been slipping you something in your drinks for you not to notice. Look around for a pill bottle or some form of prescription!"

Together Harding and I began tearing his office apart - well, worse than it was. Books got yanked of their shelves, drawers were emptied and the desk overturned. Nothing.

We made our way into the back room which contained a small kitchen and dining area. We went through the trash, pulled diningware from the cupboards and emptied out the corner fridge. Still nothing.

And then Harding had a revelation.

"Wait! I remember now! I was sitting back here drinking my coffee when my assistant arrived. Said there was a man out front to see me. When I walked into the office there was nobody there. Returning to the kitchen I remember seeing my assistant toeing something under the stovetop - but I didn't think much of it as I was too irritated about having wasted my time out front!"

I quickly dropped to my knees and fished under the stove. I felt something plastic just beyond the grasp of my fingertips.

"Quickly now! Hand me something to get this out with!"

Taking the wooden spoon Harding handed me I pulled the bottle out from underneath the stove.

The bottle itself contained no markings, but when I opened it a small slip of paper fell out. I read over it quickly, but I didn't understand a word. It was written in French. Instructions most likely, but it didn't matter. I knew where I had to go.

"Harding, I've got to track down whoever created this drug. With luck, I'll find Marlowe still alive. As long as whoever took him hasn't yet found the antidote, Marlowe's life should still have value.

I need you to track down the package in the meantime. Get to it before they do. Not only for your own health and sanity, but for Marlowe as well."

I never got the chance to respond. Reardon had tucked the bottle into his coat, grabbed his fedora and was out the door. This all still felt like a dream, but I knew Reardon was right. If I was ever going to get my memories back completely I needed to find this anti-virus before it was to late. I grabbed my belongings and set out, not 2 minutes after Reardon.

-----

Noah Cross smiled to himself. Everything was working out exactly as he planned. The sheep were being slaughtered, and all in his name.

Well, not entirely in his name. Seems some private investigators had been snooping around, so he was forced to do his business under cover. The name Yuma had always held a special place in his heart. It was the name of the first child he had ever sold for cash.

The memory brought back a laugh. He could still hear the cries of the child as it was dragged away. "Father!" the child had screamed to him, "Father, please don't let them take me!".

The only regret that he had was that he hadn't asked more for the child. He was young then, and didn't realize how much one could get away with asking for.

Now though... Now everybody came to him. They begged his favors and his honor. They wanted nothing more than to serve and sacrifice in his name. And oh the sacrifices that had been made.

Nick Charles.
Clinton Reed.
Jerry Connolly.
Kitty Collins.
Dave Bannion.

Yes, the list was impressive, but it was only going to grow. He had been a Businessman his whole life. He had begun working with the Mafia over the past two years. Some called him corrupt, but he just liked to believe he was smart. If it wasn't him, it would be somebody else. And why should he allow that?

The rain had finally let up, and the sun was starting to show through cracks in the clouds. He frowned to himself. This just wouldn't do at all!

Ringing for his butler, he walked to the back of his room and opened a drawer in his desk, looking for the deed to his latest purchase.

"Noah Cross?"

The voice wasn't a familiar one. Looking up he saw a stranger standing in the doorway, gun pointed straight at his head.

"Who the hell are..."
"Shutup. It's time you had a meeting with the Lord."

The man was gone before the body of Noah Cross ever hit the floor.

-----

Night 3 has started! All actions are due within 48 hours to myself and eHalcyon.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: February 07, 2013, 12:36:54 pm »

I'll be looking to start this up in the next couple of hours as I now have all night actions in. If you have forgotten something, PM me and I'll slip it in - otherwise I'm going to sort through this all and then write up flavor.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: February 07, 2013, 01:56:58 pm »

Richard Hannay breathed in deeply, taking pleasure as the cold, wet air filled his lungs. So far his hunt to catch Clara's murders had come up fruitless, but he had a feeling his luck was about to change.

He had been on the trail of her killers for weeks now, and damned if he hadn't tried to kill them! But every time he fired they always slipped away.

He smiled to himself. The thought of himself as the lone Vigilante in the night, out to avenge his fallen lover had a certain dark, poetic ring to it.

He had always been a quiet man, after all. Certainly he never would've thought himself a killer. But times change, and he knew that he must do these things to survive.

He looked up at the warehouse in the night. Number 42.  The place was falling apart, but there was a certain air of use about it.

He crept along the side of the building, hidden deep in the shadows. There were two cars parked out back, both way to nice to be associated with this dump.

Looking ahead towards the back door he cursed. There wasn't going to be anywhere to hide. Well, nothing for it. He had to get in, and that door was his ticket.

He slowly crawled out of the shadows and along the back wall. His right hand was clenched around the handle of his revolver. As cold as the night was, he could feel a trickle of sweat make it's way down the side of his jaw. His heart was pounding.

About ten paces from the back door it all went wrong. The largest man he had ever seen came strolling out the back - there was nowhere to hide.

"Well, looksy what we have here, a trespasser."

Richard bolted for the cars, the sudden shock of this mans appearance causing him to all but forget the pistol in his hand.

Unfortunately, not only was the man huge, he was also quick. He tackled Richard before he had even gone 5 feet.

"Why don't you... Uh!... Tell me your name, little man?"

Thinking fast, I knew Richard decided he was a dead man for sure if his real identity was discovered.

"Dsell" he lied.

"Well Dsell, allow me to... Ugh!"

Richards knee had found the mans gut. Seems for all his size he was still human after all. It didn't take him looking to recover though, and soon he had Richard pinned, one arm wrapped tightly around his throat.

As I was saying, allow me to introduce myself. My name is Cody Jarret, although people around here call me Ashersky. I'm the strongest son of a bitch in this town, and my voice is the last you're ever going to hear."

There was no doubt in Richard's mind. This man was one of the Mafia that had killed Clara. Maybe the exact same one.

His world was growing dark now. He knew he didn't have long to live.

"Clara, I'm so sorry..."

He could feel as his neck began to snap. There was nothing left for him now. With one last surge of pure will he lifted his right arm, forgotten until this moment, placed the gun to the head of "Ashersky" and pulled the trigger.

If he was going to go to hell, he was going to take this godforsaken man with him.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: February 07, 2013, 02:03:08 pm »

You'll need to forgive the many grammatical and spelling errors above. Writing flavor from my phone is a real pain. I'll fix it up tomorrow. Important to note:

Dsell, Vigilante/Bomb has died, as has Ashersky, Mafia Strongman.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: February 07, 2013, 02:05:31 pm »

Votecount: 4.1

Not Voting {5}: Cuzz, Eevee, Insomniac, Lekkit, Shraeye

With 5 alive, it takes 3 to lynch.

Deadline is February 21st, 10:00 PM forum time.

Day 4 has begun!

Mafia Record:

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: February 07, 2013, 02:09:58 pm »

Interesting.

Do I vote for Shraeye or Cuzz?

I'm confident I want to Vote: Cuzz here
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: February 07, 2013, 02:16:01 pm »

So I did kill Dsell last night apparently, fully expecting to die and him to live. Not sure what happened there. He was lying about the roleblocking thing maybe? And no clue why I'm not dead right now, esp if Dsell was a bomb also.

I'm guessing SK killed ash, unless there's 3 vigs or 2 scumteams or something crazy in this game.

Other weird possibility is if Dsell killed ash expecting his bomb to kill me, knowing I'd target him and then something else strange happened too to keep me alive.

Need to seriously reevaluate everything since I had a townread on ash for like the first time ever in this game. Dude is getting much better at playing scum.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: February 07, 2013, 02:20:32 pm »

So I did kill Dsell last night apparently, fully expecting to die and him to live. Not sure what happened there. He was lying about the roleblocking thing maybe? And no clue why I'm not dead right now, esp if Dsell was a bomb also.

I'm guessing SK killed ash, unless there's 3 vigs or 2 scumteams or something crazy in this game.

Other weird possibility is if Dsell killed ash expecting his bomb to kill me, knowing I'd target him and then something else strange happened too to keep me alive.

Need to seriously reevaluate everything since I had a townread on ash for like the first time ever in this game. Dude is getting much better at playing scum.

The flavour implies that Dsell killed ash. and ash killed dsell.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: February 07, 2013, 02:21:30 pm »

Ok that makes sense. I wasn't sure if the flavor was supposed to reflect the resolution of the night actions so literally.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: February 07, 2013, 02:26:40 pm »

Ok that makes sense. I wasn't sure if the flavor was supposed to reflect the resolution of the night actions so literally.

Well Dsell being a bomb is probably what killed ash as I can't see Dsell not targetting you last night. So I have no idea why you are alive.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: February 07, 2013, 02:27:05 pm »

Although today is massclaim day...Eevee has the ordering changed at all?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: February 07, 2013, 02:28:00 pm »

Cuzz - Ins - shraeye - Lekkit

is the order Eevee said removing people who died.
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 57  All

Page created in 0.164 seconds with 15 queries.