Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18  All

Author Topic: Blitz Mafia V: Return of the Veteran Ship - Flawless Mafia win!  (Read 44582 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Blitz Mafia V: Return of the Veteran Ship (D1 Start) - PM for Spec
« Reply #225 on: November 20, 2012, 02:57:51 pm »

Oh, Eevee worries too much about posting enough. Just post if you have something to say, man. Appearances only matter if you're scum.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 20, 2012, 02:59:11 pm »

Insomniac, who are your biggest scum reads right now? For me it's sitting at Frisk/Shraeye. My vote is currently on Frisk, although I could be happy lynching either one. I'm tossing up on my third choice right now.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 20, 2012, 03:00:44 pm »

Biggest is Eevee, second in Shraeye, I could be happy on Frisk due to the dismissal
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 20, 2012, 03:03:35 pm »

Oh, Eevee worries too much about posting enough. Just post if you have something to say, man. Appearances only matter if you're scum.
I don't worry about it at all? I seriously don't understand. I said "why would I worry about that seeing as I'm posting more than almost anyone already?", archetype answered with a vote on me for worrying about it!?

I'll be on until the deadline now, fwiw.

Galzria, I dont' see your Frisk suspicion, but I'd get behind a shraeye lynch. I might like Robz's Jimmm-case a little better but you being an IC adds some credibility to your reads obviously.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 20, 2012, 03:14:12 pm »

I'm on a conf. call for a while, but I should be around from 5-6, madly hitting F5 and watching the active users.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 20, 2012, 03:17:54 pm »

@eevee - are you trying to buddy me?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 20, 2012, 03:19:40 pm »

@eevee - are you trying to buddy me?
Nah, I just think you appear townier than others here.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 20, 2012, 03:24:23 pm »

Galzria, I dont' see your Frisk suspicion, but I'd get behind a shraeye lynch. I might like Robz's Jimmm-case a little better but you being an IC adds some credibility to your reads obviously.

A case is a case.  It doesn't become stronger just because an IC made it.  This reads to me like you're saying "awwww, yea! both ICs want a shraeye lynch; let's make that happen"

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 20, 2012, 03:27:40 pm »

A case is a case.  It doesn't become stronger just because an IC made it.  This reads to me like you're saying "awwww, yea! both ICs want a shraeye lynch; let's make that happen"
it does i think. I know galzria's case is made with good intentions and is genuine.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 20, 2012, 03:29:52 pm »

it does i think. I know galzria's case is made with good intentions and is genuine.
An Innocent Child doesn't neccesarily have correct reads. It just means they won't be trying to trick us, because they aren't Mafia.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 20, 2012, 03:33:38 pm »

Is exactly what I just said.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 20, 2012, 03:34:06 pm »

"adds some credibility to the case because at least i know the smart guy making it isnt trying to trick me." what part of that do you disagree?

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 20, 2012, 03:36:04 pm »

"adds some credibility to the case because at least i know the smart guy making it isnt trying to trick me." what part of that do you disagree?
None.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 20, 2012, 03:37:14 pm »

I'm waiting for the rest of the answers Insomniac - however, to Robz' point about Jimmmmm, I disagree. I think as a member of town you're much more likely to be critical of everyone because you know nothing (or that's generally the case). From a scum perspective, you're all too aware of everything that's going on.

No, no, no. You're wrong. As a member of the scum, you're more likely to be critical of everyone. You need to get the real town lynched, and you need to criticize your scummates so you don't get pegged as "in cahoots" with them. Scum, in this game, has to take things people say and tear them down, or try to spin them. (Not for absolutely everyone--you can choose a buddy, maybe two.) So I can much more easily see scum forgetting Galz is IC, than town doing that. I very nearly forgot shraeye was IC in the last game, because I was in such a rush to slam him for something.

This is very interesting - 2 people with scum experience in this setup disagreeing.  One of them is mod confirmed town... does that make RobZ scum?

It's a perspective question to the individual, not a theory question to be debated on its merits of scumminess.

Eager to paint people scum Frisk?

When did you stop beating your wife senator?  Is that the response you're looking for?
I'm not sure defensive is the right word here.  Definitely combative, and it also feels like rather forced and phony indignation.  Do not like.  I would put Frisk right up there with my top reads from before.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 20, 2012, 03:38:04 pm »

None.

Yep, I know that Galz isn't trying to trick us, but I know that his reads are less accurate than mine, because he's missing the mod-confirmation of my townitude.

You're both right here?

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: November 20, 2012, 03:39:01 pm »

buddying and subtle encouragement of the ICs current reads; and I know each of them is wrong on at least one person, since they both suspected me.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 20, 2012, 03:40:07 pm »

I'm not sure defensive is the right word here.  Definitely combative, and it also feels like rather forced and phony indignation.  Do not like.  I would put Frisk right up there with my top reads from before.

There is no right way to respond to misplaced suspicion.  If there was, then scum would do it too.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 20, 2012, 03:40:52 pm »

Scum: Jimm and Eevee. Jimm for the reason I just laid out, and Eevee for calling Jimm out for soemthing I disagree with (that Jimm's reads and posts were insubstantial. He said that, right? I breezed through the thread this morning.) So their fight could be staged in a QT, I think. It's inauthentic.

I think that the fight between Eevee/Jimmm sounds very inauthentic.  At least one of those two is scum, possibly both. (I'm feeling like saying likely both, but I need to think more about player interactions before calling teams)

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 20, 2012, 03:42:05 pm »

There is no right way to respond to misplaced suspicion.  If there was, then scum would do it too.
I feel that there is.  Last game, Insomniac really convinced me he wasn't scum through his reactions; you were a town read for most of the game due to your reaction to what you thought was me suspecting you.  Galzria on the other hand, reacted to my suspicion in a way that felt artificial, and it turns out that it was.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: November 20, 2012, 03:43:20 pm »

buddying and subtle encouragement of the ICs current reads; and I know each of them is wrong on at least one person, since they both suspected me.
I always call Galzria smart, because I think he is.

And Frisk, that doesn't matter when comparing Robz's and Galzria's cases. Or I think it is bigger that I know Galz's alignments and don't know Robz's.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: November 20, 2012, 03:45:04 pm »

I feel that there is.  Last game, Insomniac really convinced me he wasn't scum through his reactions; you were a town read for most of the game due to your reaction to what you thought was me suspecting you.  Galzria on the other hand, reacted to my suspicion in a way that felt artificial, and it turns out that it was.

Call Shraeye a terrible IC, get town cred.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: November 20, 2012, 03:45:46 pm »

Hmm, I claim that I think scum would be friendly/neutral towards each other D1 based off the results of previous games.

I call my top two reads Shraeye/CF - largely (though not specifically mentioned) because of their interactions to date.

I go make lunch.

I come back and Shraeye/Frisk are aiming snipes at each other.

Fascinating.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: November 20, 2012, 03:46:40 pm »

Wouldn't gamble on anyone but the IC's or myself (no one seems towny yet). Scum reads are also super vague, lets say Robz for lurking and Jimm for weird feeling  (his explanation makes sense and I seriously appreciate the effort though).

Robz and Archetype have said so little and Jimmm feels forced to me (although again, I'm not sure about this), so by PoE Frisk would then be my top town read. I wouldn't gamble the game on any of these reads unless I had to!

Eevee, I got a question.  You initially put scum reads on Robz/Jimmmm, and then suspected archetype as well, making Frisk town by PoE.  But you forgot about me (which is not the point of my read, I lol-forget about things all the time).
Lol forgot shraeye, he is a total null read (townier than archetype, scummier than Frisk). Sidenote, if Jimmm is scum, I think it's possible they planned getting me lynched in the daychat and are now hoping one of the IC's buys the "case".
When posting the update about me, you picked Frisk as somebody townier than me but Archetype as scummier.  Does that mean that Archetype is on the smallest side of your scum-scale?  Also, what has changed that moved you from putting me at complete null, to being ok with lynching me?

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: November 20, 2012, 03:47:35 pm »

Hmm, I claim that I think scum would be friendly/neutral towards each other D1 based off the results of previous games.

I call my top two reads Shraeye/CF - largely (though not specifically mentioned) because of their interactions to date.

I go make lunch.

I come back and Shraeye/Frisk are aiming snipes at each other.

Fascinating.

Shraeye is also sniping at Eevee. Gotta try and avoid confirmation bias

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: November 20, 2012, 03:51:46 pm »

Sir, I've been sniping at Eevee for a while now, that's not news.  I'm sniping at Frisk now because I'm more suspicious of him.  My first instinct for scumteam was Archetype/jimmm/eevee, but I don't like how boldly jimmm listed both archetype and eevee on his scumlist.  So now I'm considering other alternatives.  Archetype and Eevee I still find scummy, for the reasons I've seen before.  Between Robz/Frisk, I'm having a much easier time seeing Frisk on the scumteam.  I'm gonna go look at interations between the three i suspect (frisk, archetype, eevee).
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 18  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 16 queries.