Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18  All

Author Topic: Blitz Mafia V: Return of the Veteran Ship - Flawless Mafia win!  (Read 43943 times)

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Blitz Mafia V: Return of the Veteran Ship (D1 Start) - PM for Spec
« Reply #150 on: November 20, 2012, 11:49:33 am »

NVM was thinking deadline was PST not forum time. Yes about 6 hours.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: November 20, 2012, 11:50:08 am »

Also Galz get in here, we aren't gonna get meaningful discussion this late into the day without both of us rallying.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: November 20, 2012, 11:50:53 am »

I don't like that Eevee was so quick to make sure he didn't go against my suggestion in posts #74-#77, especially given how terrible the idea was and is.

Still, Vote: Robz for lurking.
I don't think the idea is as bad as you are saying it is.

Just watching how we react to such a plan is interesting.

I also don't like the wording of this. The "we" used by Frisk doesn't feel like town inclusive.

Also Frisk, you may be dead in GoF-III, but you're still a Zombie. Stop holding up the show. ;)
Nothing really seems odd to me about the use of the word 'we'.  I don't think that paints Frisk as scummy at all (I'm still debating in my mind whether that is null or townish).  What do you think Jimmmm?

I wouldn't take the 'we' to be scum-specific, given that if Galz is Town then he has no idea who the scum are so can't be looking at their reactions specifically.

Also, Galz seems to be doing a fair bit of finger-pointing. Not too sure if that's Town or scum?

I believe the above (bolded) is a scumslip. Why? I find it much more likely that a scum will have a harder time remembering who the ICs are than a townie would. As evidence, I sight myself in the previous game. I just caught myself several times in the early game when I was about to call shraeye out, and then realized I couldn't.

As scum, you want to fire on all cylinders, directing suspicion to everyone. So it is natural to see somebody write something, and try to spin it as scummy. Of course we know Galz isn't scummy, but the kind of person who can momentarily forget that in order to call an IC scummy is a scum.

Vote: Jimmmm

Not too much else has jumped out at me.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: November 20, 2012, 11:52:14 am »

@Robz please answer the question I have posed

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: November 20, 2012, 11:52:29 am »

Where's shraeye? I'm interested to hear his reads.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: November 20, 2012, 12:02:10 pm »

Scum: Jimm and Eevee. Jimm for the reason I just laid out, and Eevee for calling Jimm out for soemthing I disagree with (that Jimm's reads and posts were insubstantial. He said that, right? I breezed through the thread this morning.) So their fight could be staged in a QT, I think. It's inauthentic.

Town? I don't know, shraeye. I can't remember him saying anything, and I think scum will be wary about not having a presence, after what happened to me in the last game on Day 1.

Disclaimer: These are weak, weak reads, folks.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: November 20, 2012, 12:03:12 pm »

I'm waiting for the rest of the answers Insomniac - however, to Robz' point about Jimmmmm, I disagree. I think as a member of town you're much more likely to be critical of everyone because you know nothing (or that's generally the case). From a scum perspective, you're all too aware of everything that's going on.

However, I've got 3 people in mind already that I would be willing to bet 2 of are scum based on their posts thusfar. I want to make sure we have all the responses down before calling anybody in particular out though.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: November 20, 2012, 12:03:42 pm »

Robz, I agree and meant to post that when explaining my bad feeling about Jimmm. Jimmm, I can explain all the quotes that you pulled up in 4 hours or so, on mobile now so quoting is awfully hard. Nothing particularly interesting, I just think part of your scum read on me is based on you misunderstanding me (unintentionally if you are town, intentionally to paint me in bad light if you are scum). I wonder if Jimmm's scum team would coach him to play this active and leader-y to make everyone think 'well new player wouldn't be that bold as scum'. Cause you know, he was an IC in the last game and the difference in style is just huge!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 20, 2012, 12:04:15 pm »

I have not said that robz.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: November 20, 2012, 12:06:30 pm »

I'm waiting for the rest of the answers Insomniac - however, to Robz' point about Jimmmmm, I disagree. I think as a member of town you're much more likely to be critical of everyone because you know nothing (or that's generally the case). From a scum perspective, you're all too aware of everything that's going on.

No, no, no. You're wrong. As a member of the scum, you're more likely to be critical of everyone. You need to get the real town lynched, and you need to criticize your scummates so you don't get pegged as "in cahoots" with them. Scum, in this game, has to take things people say and tear them down, or try to spin them. (Not for absolutely everyone--you can choose a buddy, maybe two.) So I can much more easily see scum forgetting Galz is IC, than town doing that. I very nearly forgot shraeye was IC in the last game, because I was in such a rush to slam him for something.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: November 20, 2012, 12:07:08 pm »

This, this is what I meant that you said, Eevee:

It's great to see Jimmmm active like that, but it sort of feels forced and tbh makes him my top suspect. Call me omgus.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: November 20, 2012, 12:07:39 pm »

Okay, you didn't call them insubstantial, you called them "forced." Similar, right?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: November 20, 2012, 12:08:24 pm »

No, no, no. You're wrong. As a member of the scum, you're more likely to be critical of everyone. You need to get the real town lynched, and you need to criticize your scummates so you don't get pegged as "in cahoots" with them. Scum, in this game, has to take things people say and tear them down, or try to spin them. (Not for absolutely everyone--you can choose a buddy, maybe two.) So I can much more easily see scum forgetting Galz is IC, than town doing that. I very nearly forgot shraeye was IC in the last game, because I was in such a rush to slam him for something.

I -never- forgot he was an IC and I couldn't OMGUS him.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: November 20, 2012, 12:09:26 pm »

Well, I did. And I suspect Jimm did, too.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: November 20, 2012, 12:10:10 pm »

And anyway, I was surprised to see that he barely got called out on it at all.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #165 on: November 20, 2012, 12:10:17 pm »

Okay, you didn't call them insubstantial, you called them "forced." Similar, right?
It's not what he said (there wasn't much to analyze!), it's that he chose to say it despite there being so little content. Felt like it could have been arranged in day chat, because IC Jimmm wasn't like that at all.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 20, 2012, 12:12:11 pm »

I agree with robz on this. Scum is paranoid about endgaming itself by having town reads on too many people, and because of that might not remember who they can't suspect. See SfS in the end of blitz 3 (?)!

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 20, 2012, 12:13:32 pm »

However, I've got 3 people in mind already that I would be willing to bet 2 of are scum based on their posts thusfar. I want to make sure we have all the responses down before calling anybody in particular out though.

Right-o I think we are on a same page then

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 20, 2012, 12:18:27 pm »

This is very interesting - 2 people with scum experience in this setup disagreeing.  One of them is mod confirmed town... does that make RobZ scum?
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 20, 2012, 12:22:24 pm »

No.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 20, 2012, 12:23:51 pm »

This is very interesting - 2 people with scum experience in this setup disagreeing.  One of them is mod confirmed town... does that make RobZ scum?

It's a perspective question to the individual, not a theory question to be debated on its merits of scumminess.

Eager to paint people scum Frisk?

Mafia Record:

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 20, 2012, 12:23:58 pm »

No.

It's a weak argument for sure, but it does seem pretty strange to be disagreeing with a confirmed town who shared your experience last game.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 20, 2012, 12:24:34 pm »

I agree with robz on this. Scum is paranoid about endgaming itself by having town reads on too many people, and because of that might not remember who they can't suspect. See SfS in the end of blitz 3 (?)!

Yep, of course I wouldn't gamble anything on anything I've said. Just trying to come up with something other than "I don't know!".
I also agree with what Robz has said. The quote above me by Jimmm has him saying that most of his reads are 'I don't know'. This seems particularly scummy, just posting to show others you have posted.

I don't have a big enough scum read on him to vote, but I'm eager to hear his thoughts on the small case made on him.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 20, 2012, 12:25:48 pm »

It's a perspective question to the individual, not a theory question to be debated on its merits of scumminess.

Eager to paint people scum Frisk?

When did you stop beating your wife senator?  Is that the response you're looking for?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 20, 2012, 12:28:42 pm »

I guess my "RobZ is lurking" read is gone.  Going to go full reread during lunch.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 18  All

Page created in 0.167 seconds with 16 queries.