Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 66  All

Author Topic: Mafia Game Index  (Read 144002 times)

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia Game Index
« Reply #400 on: February 14, 2013, 10:09:43 pm »

I imagine the game will be slightly more complex than MXVI, the only real confusing thing being the exchange of PRs, which hopefully won't be too confusing.

I'll probably just finalize the setup, and then post it here when it's done. Then we can take a consensus and if people think it's too crazy, and I can sign it up for a spot in the RMM category.

that sounds totally fair... and I think it a step in the direction that Ozle suggested of having some sort of committee look over setups and approve them, (which we kinda have in co-mods, etc) but with which I tend to agree with.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: February 15, 2013, 11:41:30 am »

I'm with you yuma.

Ash, I'll hop in the queue to host a JK9++ at some point. That was my favorite setup. You get interesting PRs but they're standard and the town is still mostly VT.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 15, 2013, 11:44:15 am »

I'm with you yuma.

Ash, I'll hop in the queue to host a JK9++ at some point. That was my favorite setup. You get interesting PRs but they're standard and the town is still mostly VT.

Sounds good.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: February 19, 2013, 06:57:24 pm »

I'm with you yuma.

I agree, quite good setup, I also think that claiming possibilities are just right, you need to make an educated guess about possibility of your claim, which makes it interesting.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 20, 2013, 09:07:17 pm »

Robz, open for sign ups.

A week and a half until my RMM starts.  Could be time for the Blitz game to start up.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: February 20, 2013, 10:43:14 pm »

I imagine the game will be slightly more complex than MXVI, the only real confusing thing being the exchange of PRs, which hopefully won't be too confusing.

I'll probably just finalize the setup, and then post it here when it's done. Then we can take a consensus and if people think it's too crazy, and I can sign it up for a spot in the RMM category.
Actually, I think I'm going to wait and see how Robz's game plays out first. I'll probably choose a co-mod to share the setup with after that, and if we decide it's too crazy, I'll move it to RMM. I just don't want to spoil all the mechanics publicly it if I end up having to put it into RMM.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 20, 2013, 10:44:04 pm »

Actually, I think I'm going to wait and see how Robz's game plays out first. I'll probably choose a co-mod to share the setup with after that, and if we decide it's too crazy, I'll move it to RMM. I just don't want to spoil all the mechanics publicly it if I end up having to put it into RMM.

for sure! Galz or Ozle might be willing

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 20, 2013, 10:44:54 pm »

I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 23, 2013, 01:49:44 pm »

OK, going to run this by you guys.  I'd like to get in line to mod a game.  Mean Girls is the flavor (boys, don't even pretend you don't love it).  Mafia will get to pick their own partners but I will be keeping most of the set-up a secret from players and spectators.  I have one reluctant co-mod lined up but wouldn't mind another one (reluctance is optional).  I'd like to keep this smallish so thinking 11 or 12 players.  What else needs to happen for me to get in line?

One thing about timing too, I plan to be moving in May/June/July (sometime in there) so I'd like to reserve the right to push this back if needed.

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 23, 2013, 02:23:53 pm »

OK, going to run this by you guys.  I'd like to get in line to mod a game.  Mean Girls is the flavor (boys, don't even pretend you don't love it).  Mafia will get to pick their own partners but I will be keeping most of the set-up a secret from players and spectators.  I have one reluctant co-mod lined up but wouldn't mind another one (reluctance is optional).  I'd like to keep this smallish so thinking 11 or 12 players.  What else needs to happen for me to get in line?

One thing about timing too, I plan to be moving in May/June/July (sometime in there) so I'd like to reserve the right to push this back if needed.

I won't pretend. I love Mean Girls! Nice girls are ok too, but yeah... mean ones are just so much better.

I would suggest 11 players simply for day1 parity. What do you mean by mafia getting to pick their own partners? Is this a multi-scum game? Will you pick one player who is scum and then allow that player to choose who to be scum with? I like the later idea a fair amount actually.... provides some interesting WIFOM once one of the scum partners die.

Archetype

• Jester
  • Suffers from Fancy Play Syndrom
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 23, 2013, 02:24:34 pm »

Would you consider it a gme with no Vanilla Townies/Goons, or does everyone have a power?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 23, 2013, 03:21:38 pm »

Oh yuma...you crack me up a little bit.

I wanted to have an 11 player game but also wanted one three person scum team (bet you can't guess who that'll be flavor-wise!) so shraeye advised me that 12 players would be better with that many scum.  As far as mafia picking their team, I'll send a PM to all players, 10 of them will be the same but the 11th will identify the first scum.  Everybody will be instructed to confirm receipt but the scum will also have to identify their partner.  Once all PMs are received, the 2nd round will go out much the same as the first, then one more round of PMs will go out containing final instructions.

Most of the town players will be VT, mafia will all be goons, but that's all I'm saying.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 23, 2013, 04:35:43 pm »

Would people have interest/time to play a blitz game or blitz games this weekend? Would probably need 9ish players to make it work (right?), so 7 more after me and Robz. I'm thinking like ~1 hour deadlines, basically games that we could get through in one sitting.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 23, 2013, 04:37:58 pm »

Would people have interest/time to play a blitz game or blitz games this weekend? Would probably need 9ish players to make it work (right?), so 7 more after me and Robz. I'm thinking like ~1 hour deadlines, basically games that we could get through in one sitting.

That might be fun.  Should I try to snag shraeye in too?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 23, 2013, 04:38:27 pm »

That might be fun.  Should I try to snag shraeye in too?
Absolutely!

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 23, 2013, 04:40:54 pm »

He's a poo.  When would we start (forum time)?

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 23, 2013, 04:43:10 pm »

I'm no poo; don't libel me, woman!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 23, 2013, 04:46:28 pm »

Whenever you / other interested parties want us to! Still need more players though.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 23, 2013, 04:48:32 pm »

Eevee says, "Robz, go talk up this game. Your online celebrity status counts for something!'

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: February 23, 2013, 04:51:59 pm »

I just have a few things to do today (get dog food & shower, it's an exciting life) so probably game to start whenever.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: February 23, 2013, 05:14:36 pm »

I wonder if I should start a new topic for this to make sure everyone sees it. Do people really spend their saturdays doing something other than stalking this forum?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 23, 2013, 05:39:18 pm »

I can't see what that would possibly be but I suppose a new topic would be helpful

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 23, 2013, 08:18:58 pm »

I could do this.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 23, 2013, 08:19:18 pm »

We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 23, 2013, 09:37:22 pm »

We could do it tomorrow, are enough people willing?
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 66  All

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 16 queries.