Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 70  All

Author Topic: Mafia XII: A Fistful of Waffles! (THE GAME IS OVER: MAFIA WINS!!)  (Read 153422 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XII: A Fistful of Waffles! (DAY 1 START!!)
« Reply #300 on: September 20, 2012, 01:52:47 pm »

angrybirds is not in this game!
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: September 20, 2012, 01:53:35 pm »

Eevee suddenly began accusing some annoyed avians in a tree yonder, but nobody else in town had any idea who he was talking about.

PPE: sure jo, ninjaspoil my fun

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: September 20, 2012, 01:55:53 pm »

Interesting!
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: September 20, 2012, 01:57:18 pm »

Like cayvie points out, angrybirds (very subtly but still) sounds like he knows PPS is going to flip town, which is a lot different from my "I think him being an experimental VT is more likely than him being a gambit-y scum" stance. I've only seen AB once before (in cayvie's major arcana, which was a huge game, so only vague recollections), there he seemed neutral to townish to me and here he looks neutral to scummy to me (this is ignoring all facts and evidence, just from gut feeling). Other than that, he has stayed in the sidelines, which is where scum is often found day 1 in my experience. If he and his scumpair are both avoiding all the suspicion (=if he is scum with anyone but Robz or PPS), he has no reason to actively try to advance either of our wagons, because both options are fine for his faction.

A lot of little things adding up. Generally taking positions I would expect scum to take day 1.

This is... what? What is this? Does he mean sparky?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: September 20, 2012, 01:59:00 pm »

Angrybirds and sparky have the same avatar or something? No idea why I confuse those two! I was thinking about major arcana but not really an excuse. :(

Sorry guys, repost with the correct name:

Like cayvie points out, sparky (very subtly but still) sounds like he knows PPS is going to flip town, which is a lot different from my "I think him being an experimental VT is more likely than him being a gambit-y scum" stance. I've only seen sparky once before (in cayvie's major arcana, which was a huge game, so only vague recollections), there he seemed neutral to townish to me and here he looks neutral to scummy to me (this is ignoring all facts and evidence, just from gut feeling). Other than that, he has stayed in the sidelines, which is where scum is often found day 1 in my experience. If he and his scumpair are both avoiding all the suspicion (=if he is scum with anyone but Robz or PPS), he has no reason to actively try to advance either of our wagons, because both options are fine for his faction.

A lot of little things adding up. Generally taking positions I would expect scum to take day 1.

Sorry twice to sparky.  :) Post is 100% what I meant to say though!

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: September 20, 2012, 02:47:40 pm »

unvote

I actually think that was really interesting...unfortunately I need to be leaving.  In short, after voting Robz up to 4, pingpongsam went up to 4, then robz went to 5, then pingpongsam went to 5.  The voters were joth, pingpong, and robz.  Anyways, it's kind of like permission was given to go beyond 3 votes, and an attempt to make Robz the more prominently voted player was defeated, as they stayed at the same number of votes.  Like one-wagon can't be bigger than the other.  Unfortunately the voters involved were not different players, which drives a lot of uncertainty into the activity.  But it is interesting, regardless that they both went from 3 to 5 in the last few hours.

Also, no one has suggested a soft deadline of this Friday.  Grujah just suggested we should have one, I suggested something in the neighborhood of 10 days (which would actually be next Thursday morning), then said next Friday would be a good in that neighborhood.  Eevee suggested next Wednesday.

I think we should not lynch before next week unless the case is compelling, and I see no compelling cases at this time.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: September 20, 2012, 02:53:04 pm »

Having played my 1st two games well and then totally shitting on a 3rd game doesn't make me some experienced maverick at this game. Equating me as such comes off somewhat scummy. I used to think I had a keen sense for scum but BMV taught me otherwise. For the record my name is associated with MIX but I didn't make any applicable plays; I just got substituted into a well developed pile of poop Frisk was already tired of wallowing in.

I'm on the Robz wagon because he's a decent pick for being scum and the people I perceive as town are on it. My 1st pick for scum is Jo and I've not seen any good reasons to think otherwise. In other words I'm sheeping my townmates because my own reputation is too blemished to push a wagon on my own merit.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: September 20, 2012, 02:56:01 pm »

I am for lynching sooner rather than later. We would rather leave time for later in the game when our odds of lynching scum get better.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: September 20, 2012, 03:10:11 pm »

I am for lynching sooner rather than later. We would rather leave time for later in the game when our odds of lynching scum get better.

I agree with this.  There is a limit to the amount of information we can glean from D1.  Now, I suppose if you have folks posting and posting with no end in sight, someone may be more likely to slip up, or we may all start seeing things that aren't there.

I don't want to lynch just to lynch in the next X minutes, but I don't know if using up the bankable time now instead of banking it up for when we can better use it (i.e., when the odds of catching scum are greater) is the best plan of action.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: September 20, 2012, 03:21:22 pm »

Like cayvie points out, sparky (very subtly but still) sounds like he knows PPS is going to flip town, which is a lot different from my "I think him being an experimental VT is more likely than him being a gambit-y scum" stance.

I didn't say PPS was definitely going to flip town; I've been back-and-forth between kinda-town and neutral for him, and I feel like I've repeatedly stated it several times and no one seems to be listening, reading instead "he's knows for CERTAIN PPS is going to flip town!"

Other than that, he has stayed in the sidelines, which is where scum is often found day 1 in my experience. If he and his scumpair are both avoiding all the suspicion (=if he is scum with anyone but Robz or PPS), he has no reason to actively try to advance either of our wagons, because both options are fine for his faction.

This is exactly what I've been cautious about, I've stated this several times as well, but now it's being used against me. And I've been one of the more active ones imo, what about those who voted for either wagon and haven't stated much of anything since? Isn't THAT more scummy? They're trying to accelerate a lynch while staying on the sidelines praying it'll happen faster?

Well, I don't have a vote. I want to keep the wagons going; gives us something to discuss. Plus it'll be more interesting to see who L-1's and (possibly) hammers. VOTE: Robz.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: September 20, 2012, 03:23:52 pm »

Vote Count 1-9

Robz888 (5): Insomniac, ashersky, O, pingpongsam, sparky5856
pingpongsam (5): Grujah, Captain_Frisk, Cuzz, jotheonah, Robz888
sparky5856 (2): cayvie, Eevee

Not voting {1}: theorel

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Monday, October 8, 10:30 a.m. EDT

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: September 20, 2012, 03:47:07 pm »

Has anyone made this connection yet? This game's Day 1 is extremely similar to MX Day 1, and involved many of the same people. Like MX, I strongly went after someone who made an early anti-town post. In that case it was Morgrim, in this case it's PPS. I proceeded to try and argue with the person, get their side of the story, but it didn't shake my believe that the person was more likely to be mafia than others.

Then O (in both cases) swooped in, took that person's side, and voted for my lynch. Ashersky has also sided against me, as he did (later with regret) in MX. I note that this time Frisk supports me, whereas last time he didn't, but last time he was mafia, so good for him here.

I will note that I was lynched Day 1 for my anti-Morgrim activity. I was town, but also wrong about Morgrim. O was also town.

So, this is a similar situation, although I have to say that arguing with PPS here has been more productive than arguing with Morgrim, which is a challenge of sorts, and I do think PPS should have known better. His offense was greater. That said, maybe this is just some weakness I have now, where I attempt to punish anti-town behavior Day 1, missing the scum. Still, punishing anti-town behavior isn't so bad, and this is PPS not Morgrim, so I think I am still standing by it.

But anyway, if I get lynched Day 1 again, for this very similar situation, it will be regrettable. I have a fairly recent (MX) meta for investigating anti-town activity to find scum, and it surprises me to see 5 people ready to lynch me for it. So, that's my defense.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: September 20, 2012, 04:02:35 pm »

Has anyone made this connection yet? This game's Day 1 is extremely similar to MX Day 1, and involved many of the same people. Like MX, I strongly went after someone who made an early anti-town post. In that case it was Morgrim, in this case it's PPS. I proceeded to try and argue with the person, get their side of the story, but it didn't shake my believe that the person was more likely to be mafia than others.

Then O (in both cases) swooped in, took that person's side, and voted for my lynch. Ashersky has also sided against me, as he did (later with regret) in MX. I note that this time Frisk supports me, whereas last time he didn't, but last time he was mafia, so good for him here.

I will note that I was lynched Day 1 for my anti-Morgrim activity. I was town, but also wrong about Morgrim. O was also town.

So, this is a similar situation, although I have to say that arguing with PPS here has been more productive than arguing with Morgrim, which is a challenge of sorts, and I do think PPS should have known better. His offense was greater. That said, maybe this is just some weakness I have now, where I attempt to punish anti-town behavior Day 1, missing the scum. Still, punishing anti-town behavior isn't so bad, and this is PPS not Morgrim, so I think I am still standing by it.

But anyway, if I get lynched Day 1 again, for this very similar situation, it will be regrettable. I have a fairly recent (MX) meta for investigating anti-town activity to find scum, and it surprises me to see 5 people ready to lynch me for it. So, that's my defense.

similar situation, but your behavior is quite different.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: September 20, 2012, 04:03:00 pm »

So you don't think I'm scum this time, then?

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: September 20, 2012, 04:05:11 pm »

Well you were town last time, and your behavior is quite different.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: September 20, 2012, 04:10:01 pm »

I just can't win with you then.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: September 20, 2012, 04:13:07 pm »

I just can't win with you then.

Well let's see our behavior:

You're scum and I'm town: ????
You're town and I'm town: I try to lynch you (not MI tho)
I'm scum and your town: Depends (MIV, MV)
You're scum and I'm scum: We try to lynch eachother

I really need to make sure that case 1 is me trying to lynch you.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: September 20, 2012, 04:25:20 pm »

Hey, people on the robzwagon, what percentage would you say Robz has of flipping scum?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: September 20, 2012, 04:25:56 pm »

*what percentage chance.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: September 20, 2012, 04:44:29 pm »

Hey, people on the robzwagon, what percentage would you say Robz has of flipping scum?

I'd put it at 33.3%.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: September 20, 2012, 04:45:20 pm »

Well you were town last time, and your behavior is quite different.

I noticed the similarities, which is partly why I'm not crazy about a Robz lynch at the moment. Also, if he's acting differently, maybe it's not because his alignment is different, but because his behavior last time got him lynched D1.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: September 20, 2012, 06:18:18 pm »

I'd put Robz at 55%; just a tad over 50/50 on him. I'd put Jotheonah at something more like 70%.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: September 20, 2012, 06:37:33 pm »

So you're not actually voting for your top scum read? I guess that's just because you've decided to be willfully anti-town this game.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: September 20, 2012, 06:55:13 pm »

So you're not actually voting for your top scum read? I guess that's just because you've decided to be willfully anti-town this game.
Come on joth - Voting for your #2 if it's a viable lynch and the other is not is reasonable.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 20, 2012, 07:00:46 pm »

You're right. But nothing PPS does makes him look any more townish to me. Maybe I'm just tunneling. God knows if I'm wrong I'm not going to have a fun day 2.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.103 seconds with 19 queries.