Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 70  All

Author Topic: Mafia XII: A Fistful of Waffles! (THE GAME IS OVER: MAFIA WINS!!)  (Read 153428 times)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XII: A Fistful of Waffles! (DAY 1 START!!)
« Reply #250 on: September 20, 2012, 12:40:16 am »

I think I enjoy playing scum more, but sometimes it's really liberating to be town, because I just post whatever I want without worrying.

this. Plus you're always at least half right in all the arguments.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: September 20, 2012, 01:18:52 am »

I think Robz is pretty scummy especially with all his reaction lately to the added pressure from O playing the O game.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: September 20, 2012, 01:23:39 am »

I haven't yet been Mafia on these forums. I like being town though!

Being an overpowered recruiting SK was actually less fun because I didn't even have to try, really. I just trolled with Galz and made up stuff.

Okay, that was actually pretty fun.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: September 20, 2012, 01:24:34 am »

I haven't yet been Mafia on these forums. I like being town though!

Being an overpowered recruiting SK was actually less fun because I didn't even have to try, really. I just trolled with Galz and made up stuff.

Okay, that was actually pretty fun.

Us mafia would have won too if they had listened to me conspiracy theory that you were an SK day 2 when you claimed vig.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: September 20, 2012, 01:28:55 am »

I really liked this case. Vote: sparky

I still think PPS is town. The fact that no one but O seems to agree with me makes me think me feel even better about this read. Very early wagon on day 1, an excellent player, everyone is after him.. have you seen this before? Has it ever ended well (before anyone brings up blitz2, this is analogous to joth wagon in that game).

I would hide behind PPS, if you fools lynch him lets say ashersky.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: September 20, 2012, 01:38:48 am »

I think Robz is pretty scummy especially with all his reaction lately to the added pressure from O playing the O game.

What is pretty scummy?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: September 20, 2012, 01:39:05 am »

I could have sworn everyone was saying how town I was, like, 5 seconds ago.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: September 20, 2012, 01:48:24 am »

Haha. Maybe. My recruiting ability and NK would have passed on to Galz though.

We were seriously overpowered. Also we had daychat.

Back to this game, does PPS here remind anyone of timchen in BMM1? That's kind of where I'm at.

Sure, reads on everyone, why not.

1 - ashersky: moderate scum. Calls Robz out for sitting on the PPS wagon, which Robz started.
2 - Robz888: town. and I don't always think that.
3 - Eevee: weird defense of PPS early. #59 is bad. Then he thinks PPS is scummy, then he thinks he's town again.
4 - Captain_Frisk: eh, no read
5 - cayvie: obvtown.
6 - sparky5856: moderately scummy, for reasons presented earlier
7 - jotheonah: slight town.
8 - Insomniac: I am getting an Insomniac vibe off of Insomniac. Which means he reads scummy, but is probably actually town. Kinda funny that Galz and I have opposite problems reading Ins.
9 - Grujah: lurking.
10 - Cuzz: his analysis of the PPS wagon reads townie to me.
11 - pingpongsam: slight town
12 - O: slight scum. And I don't always think that, either.
13 - theorel: no read
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: September 20, 2012, 02:05:14 am »

3 - Eevee: weird defense of PPS early. #59 is bad. Then he thinks PPS is scummy, then he thinks he's town again.
Why is my #59 bad? I stand by it. Clarification on my thoughts on PPS: I think he has played in a scummy way and it's certainly very easy to build a case against him. However, I do not think he is mafia. Attack mafia behavior, not scummy behavior guys!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: September 20, 2012, 02:05:52 am »

That is to say I don't approve of his methods, but I do not think it's more likely than average that he is mafia.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: September 20, 2012, 04:56:15 am »

jo already pointed out why it was bad

PPS, whether you were serious earlier or not, you should absolutely now make clear you are not clsming VT. I tried to do this for you, Robz and jonah sadly insisted on reading the claim literally.

Guys, I'd rather punish people who do this in a later game. Not really liking the idea of giving mafia a free pass on lynching a townie in this game. In fact, Vote jotheonah for trying to get the wagon rolling. I would vote both of you if I could.

"Scumbuddy, here's how you get out of this. I tried to save you but it didn't work. Now I'll see if I can chainsaw you instead"

.... is a perfectly valid reading of that post.

she/her

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: September 20, 2012, 05:25:21 am »

Uhm yeah, but not a correct one given how I'm not scum. What do you want me to do, not try to help town with my reads and impressions in the fear of possibly looking like PPS's scum partner? Seriously that is a fine interpretation and I do expect to catch some heat if PPS dies and flips scum, but saying the post was outright BAD is really weird to me.

How can a townie posting his honest read on the situation be bad? Should I have lied? Not said what I thought? What?

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: September 20, 2012, 05:35:17 am »

Vote Count 1-6

Robz888 (3): Insomniac, ashersky, O
pingpongsam (3): Grujah, Captain_Frisk, Cuzz
jotheonah (1): pingpongsam
sparky5856 (2): cayvie, Eevee
O (2): jotheonah, Robz888

Not voting {2}: sparky5856, theorel

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Monday, October 8, 10:30 a.m. EDT

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: September 20, 2012, 06:04:05 am »

Uhm yeah, but not a correct one given how I'm not scum. What do you want me to do, not try to help town with my reads and impressions in the fear of possibly looking like PPS's scum partner? Seriously that is a fine interpretation and I do expect to catch some heat if PPS dies and flips scum, but saying the post was outright BAD is really weird to me.

How can a townie posting his honest read on the situation be bad? Should I have lied? Not said what I thought? What?

you weren't just saying what you thought! you were instructing him on how to behave!

she/her

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: September 20, 2012, 06:31:12 am »

you weren't just saying what you thought! you were instructing him on how to behave!
Oh I understand now.

Yeah I was, and that's why I was defending him so much before he got here. I really really thought/hoped he had just made a mistake and that he was going to retract his VT-claim and say it was just a joke. His devious plan of knowingly claiming VT to create confusion and WIFOM scum or something (I don't even..) is definitely anti-town, so had he just followed the plan I laid out for him THIS TOWN would be better off now. That's why I did it, I thought I was coaching another townie who had made a mistake.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: September 20, 2012, 10:27:15 am »

thanks for reminding me about that cayvie! definitely the scummiest thing I've seen this game. Who's up for Vote: Eevee?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: September 20, 2012, 10:50:50 am »

What is pretty scummy?

I just feel like in the last few posts you've been flailing around like your at L-1 in a way that scum Robz does.

I still think PPS is town. The fact that no one but O seems to agree with me makes me think me feel even better about this read.

Uhh what? I am one of the few still defending PPS

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: September 20, 2012, 11:44:33 am »

What is pretty scummy?

I just feel like in the last few posts you've been flailing around like your at L-1 in a way that scum Robz does.

Flail? Pshhaw. I never flail.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: September 20, 2012, 11:57:14 am »

Sorry Ins, then there are three of us.

Joth, I explained the post, in my mind sufficiently. What do you think of the explanation?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: September 20, 2012, 11:59:23 am »

I think it's a pretty good cover, all things considered. It's a pity you cant unsay things, isn't it?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: September 20, 2012, 12:13:08 pm »

I think it's a pretty good cover, all things considered. It's a pity you cant unsay things, isn't it?
I've said it twice and I'm going to say it again as no one ever seems to listen to me (maybe I'm too cute?): I do not regret making that post. I think it was a protown thing to do, even if it didnt do us any good here. I'll say this though, PPS's stupid gambit and hider theory talk at least gave us something to discuss here. Completely skipping the RVS was very pleasant.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: September 20, 2012, 12:15:31 pm »

soooo derptastic, this means A) any town that chooses a scum person will not be targeted because if they're hider they'll die
B) Scum kill someone and there's extra kills somewhere and we wonder if the person they hid behind is scum

I should lurk less, because you come up with ideas like this when I don't.

B) If someone flips hider, and the used there power, they can only die if 1: they target scum, 2: their target dies.  If the hider has clearly stated ahead of time who they'll hid behind, then we'll know which happened, and potentially find scum.

A) If the scum refuse to target townies who claimed to hide behind them, then they're reducing their kill-pool based on townie actions rather than choosing their ideal kill-choices, this is a town benefit.  Any possibility of them not targeting the hider vs. the possibility of the hider not targeting scum, I believe come out to a wash.

A couple comments on the popcorn hider thing, that I didn't get a chance to post.  I think town should feel free to target someone who's already targeted and feel free to change targets.  I'd suggest that we use a soft limit of 2 people per target.  Now, I hear you say, but only the real hider would actually change targets.  Actually it would seem beneficial to me that ANY power role would want scum to think they're the hider.  Because scum DON'T WANT to shoot the hider.  So, please fake-hiders keep in mind, that it may behoove you specifically to appear as much like the hider as possible, this in turn helps the real hider to not be found out, which makes scum more likely to target him, which means he's more likely to get use out of the protective half of his power.  This might be confusing, so I'll tl;dr it:
Suggestion: use a soft-limit of 2 "hiders" per target.

The more likely scum finds you to be hider, the less likely they are to shoot you...hence, consider changing targets especially if you're a PR.  (you can even breadcrumb your actual target, or secondary target or whatever if you're an investigative role, since it's likely that you're actually putting thought into it, it may make you look even more like the hider.  Or just breadcrumb whoever you feel like).

If I were hider, I'd hide behind joth right now.

Crap, I spent a whole nother post talking about the hider thing.  I'm going to stop that now.  cayvie's analysis is interesting in that it's opposite of mine in many ways.
Hmm...still no clear leaders from my perspective on scumminess.  That said, I'm going to Vote: Robz to create a clear leader in the vote-counts, and see how he responds to the increased pressure.  This is basically still about the pps issue...him voting for O I do not read as scummy, nor his avoidance of the hider debate...those both read null to me.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: September 20, 2012, 12:16:49 pm »

If I were a hider, I would hide behind O.

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: September 20, 2012, 12:20:12 pm »

That said, I'm going to Vote: Robz to create a clear leader in the vote-counts, and see how he responds to the increased pressure.  This is basically still about the pps issue...him voting for O I do not read as scummy, nor his avoidance of the hider debate...those both read null to me.

Watch me, I am going to respond exceedingly well.

I voted for PPS to illicit a response from him explaining his totally unacceptable behavior. He defended it less than adequately, and I feel it was a productive exchange between us. It informed and aided the town in a real way in contrast to your thesis on a role that might not even be in this game.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: September 20, 2012, 12:37:04 pm »

That said, I'm going to Vote: Robz to create a clear leader in the vote-counts, and see how he responds to the increased pressure.  This is basically still about the pps issue...him voting for O I do not read as scummy, nor his avoidance of the hider debate...those both read null to me.

Watch me, I am going to respond exceedingly well.

I voted for PPS to illicit a response from him explaining his totally unacceptable behavior. He defended it less than adequately, and I feel it was a productive exchange between us. It informed and aided the town in a real way in contrast to your thesis on a role that might not even be in this game.
A+, laughed IRL.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.051 seconds with 15 queries.