Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 70  All

Author Topic: Mafia XII: A Fistful of Waffles! (THE GAME IS OVER: MAFIA WINS!!)  (Read 153455 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia XII: A Fistful of Waffles! (DAY 1 START!!)
« Reply #225 on: September 19, 2012, 10:03:35 pm »

This is why I keep saying PPS lynch is

obsequious lynch?
devious lynch?
creepiest lynch?

Those barely rhyme and none of them say what I want to say.

Ping Pong Sam lynch is Sing a song and jam lynch.

What I'm trying to say is, let's lynch this guy who just admitted to intentional anti-town play.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: September 19, 2012, 10:27:16 pm »

I never stated my play to be pro-town in fact I specifically called it anti-town.  The idea is to stay alive. A dead D1 towny is completely useless and entirely anti-town. Having just come out of a game as the D1 mislynch I'd like to not only avoid the gallows but put scum up there D1. If I get NK'd N1 but this play hangs scum D1 then I consider it a perfect success.

Yeah, so many things wrong with this. Admitting anti-town behavior. "The idea is to stay alive." Saying it's all in the name of lynching scum despite utter lack of active scumhunting so far. Expecting a NK N1 despite claiming VT (?)

Vote: pingpongsam. That's L-2 by my count and I'm ok with that.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: September 19, 2012, 10:27:45 pm »

so scum is either pushing hard for this townie lynch or bussing a teammate D1 for super-duper-cred (after all, scum would never POLICY LYNCH another scum D1, right?). Either way I see a scummy wagon.

I think its possible they all concocted this up from pregame, actually.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: September 19, 2012, 10:30:12 pm »

Alternately, scum is sitting on the sidelines bashing the wagon without offering a constructive alternative.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 19, 2012, 10:31:16 pm »

Or there's only town on the wagon. Or there's an SK. I'm not saying which is most likely but there are other possibilities.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: September 19, 2012, 10:33:10 pm »

Alternately, scum is sitting on the sidelines bashing the wagon without offering a constructive alternative.

vote for me then, if you think I'm scum

vote: Jotheonah

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 19, 2012, 10:37:50 pm »

I'll Vote: Robz.

I think I learned my lesson ignoring/believing silent/lurky Robz.  But really, no content to speak of, hiding from the hider chatter, on the pps wagon (an easy place for scum to sit if they want)...

Let's see some Robz!
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: September 19, 2012, 10:38:43 pm »

mmk. Vote: O

He/him

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: September 19, 2012, 10:48:48 pm »

After an extended chat on the merits of hiding until this all blows over, the town finally realized "hey we've got these votes sitting around, might as well use 'em."

Vote Count 1-5

Robz888 (2): Insomniac, ashersky
pingpongsam (4): Robz888, Grujah, Captain_Frisk, Cuzz
jotheonah (3): Eevee, pingpongsam, O
sparky5856 (1): cayvie
O (1): jotheonah

Not voting {2}: sparky5856, theorel

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Monday, October 8, 10:30 a.m. EDT

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: September 19, 2012, 11:03:52 pm »

You did.
Robz is making cogent and reserved analysis of my play which has been intentionally rash and as a consequence is anti-town in many ways. I still maintain that it is pro-town in terms of throwing Scum off a typical D1.

LOL, fair enough, I called it both.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: September 19, 2012, 11:08:09 pm »

???

No matter who you are, why would you intentionally play anti-town? Unless he wants to die? The only role that has an ability upon death is vengeful townie, but I don't see much of a purpose to immediately get killed. I'm gonna start my analysis now.

I see this early claim as being more valuable the longer it stays in the game. Statistically, chances of a D1 mislynch are strong; mislynch me D1 and all you learned was that I was truthful, mislynch me D3 and my reads are suddenly very informative.

Isn't that the case with anyone though? I guess the key word here is "suddenly". But wasting the whole game intentionally steering the town in the wrong direction?

So, am I scum playing to my own demise? What scum hates most is losing control of the game. While this early claim has verifiably controlled the flow of the game to date it seems heavy handed for worthy scum play to me.

So that's why he claimed; he thinks it's clumsy scum play to claim VT this early. But it's currently attracting a lot of suspicion. If he is town, then it's quite a bold move. If he is scum, then he DOES consider it worthy scum-play, since, well, he did it. His arguments could go either way, which doesn't help in the purposes of defending himself, which is what we were asking to begin with.

Scum knows I am Town.  They do not know if I am VT or PR regardless of my claim.

This is actually a valid observation, in general. If he is scum then he's speaking really ambiguously. It's completely true if he's town though.

It's just a fact. The statement of fact was in response to Eevee's false assertion that Mafia knows not to kill me at night due to my claim. They don't know anything other than the fact that I am not them and therefore either Town or SK.

But you realize that your actions have made it advantageous for the mafia to kill someone other than you, right? This is the paradox; if you are telling the truth, then you have thrust the likelihood the night kill on to someone more likely to be a town PR. If you are lying, then you are either a PR townie who very shrewdly guaranteed his safety tonight--at the cost of the town trusting him--or you are a scum.

I do realize this and I see it as a predicament for scum which is precisely the intent. The WIFOM is on Scum in this case.

Scum want to leave in suspicious players. Which happens to be you.

It means something because it was said and also when it was said. Had I not said it then it is simply implied as it is for every man in the game. That it is the center of discussion means it holds value, as to which alignment can make that value theirs is up to everyone else in the game. My assertion, which can only be proven or disproven as the game progresses is that this tilts the field so that Scum does not hold the D1 advantage that they typically do.

Not following you here. I especially don't understand the "implied VT". Most start out with a PR, and while they may not get to use their powers immediately, they still want to defend their powers. And the last bit (scum not holding the D1 advantage) needs some clarifying. He only mentions it briefly.

UGHHHH I'm done. Defenses do not make sense >_< He could flip either way, but the fact that he specifically called his stunt anti-town is questionable. I did say before that he's more likely to turn up town, now it's about even. My previous assertion before was me being over-cautious for a mislynch. But as I also said before, maybe it's beneficial to have an early Day 1 lynch. What jo said:

I know lots of people will say I'm scummy for trying to rush us into a Day 1 lynch. But I think it's anti-town to wait for the sake of waiting, especially with bankable deadlines, and I, for one, don't have much else to say. Thoughts?

(If jo himself is scum I just made myself look bad there. >_> He's attracting too much attention with his audacity.)

Bottom line: PPS is a living breathing WIFOM. He can go either way almost 50-50 imo, and analyzing just leads to time-delays in the case of him, because nothing good is coming out of it. Vote time?

I think I learned my lesson ignoring/believing silent/lurky Robz.  But really, no content to speak of, hiding from the hider chatter, on the pps wagon (an easy place for scum to sit if they want)...

Let's see some Robz!

Indeed, Robz has turned lurky again. He's accruing scum points by the hour lol.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: September 19, 2012, 11:12:53 pm »

All I want to achieve this game is to put scum on the gallows D1. Manage that and Town can make the rest of the game without me. If Mafia doesn't NK me out of spite Town will lynch me D2. But it will be worth it for hanging scum D1. There are 2 wagons and one of them is full of town looking to hang a Mafia. Hang me and perpetuate the D1 mislynch f.ds is so "good" at.

sparky5856

• Bishop
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: September 19, 2012, 11:28:58 pm »

Let me go back to this quote:

So, am I scum playing to my own demise? What scum hates most is losing control of the game. While this early claim has verifiably controlled the flow of the game to date it seems heavy handed for worthy scum play to me.

I am what I say I am and the outrage erupting is from scum trying to gain control of the game. Even if I get NK'd N1 those pushing this wagon in D1 look out of place.

So, you were expecting a reaction such as those that Robz and Jo gave? I will admit, you DID change the flow of the game with your stunt lol. If we do hit scum D1 because of it though, why does that set you up for lynch D2? I'm still missing some pieces of your arguments.

The wagon that's...

full of town looking to hang a Mafia.

is jo's wagon? I can understand his arguments for sure. But the way he's pushing those arguments (being forceful) does seem suspicious. Totally possible he's scum. But it's also totally possible that he's not. And that's what I don't get about your reasoning. All the scum could be off to the sidelines with popcorn and Pepsi.

Hang me and perpetuate the D1 mislynch f.ds is so "good" at.

Guilt trip = no.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: September 19, 2012, 11:51:31 pm »

Vote: Robz

Joth omgus is a town omgus (scum would passively avoid omgus while staying on PPS wagon), but I still see a scummy wagon

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: September 19, 2012, 11:53:39 pm »

so scum is either pushing hard for this townie lynch or bussing a teammate D1 for super-duper-cred (after all, scum would never POLICY LYNCH another scum D1, right?). Either way I see a scummy wagon.

I think its possible they all concocted this up from pregame, actually.

mmk. Vote: O

I will also vote for O. I didn't care for this reaction at all. It might actually be in keeping with O's general behavior, but O's general behavior is scum decently often, so it strikes me as worth a vote. I agree with Jo. Vote: O

I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #240 on: September 19, 2012, 11:54:35 pm »

PPE, I did not know that O was about to vote for me. If you don't believe that, fine.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: September 19, 2012, 11:56:00 pm »

I believe you, you very much could be rushing to Joth's defense instead of OMGUSING me.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: September 19, 2012, 11:56:35 pm »

Rushing to Joth's defense as in gaining towncred, not implying joth is scum.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: September 19, 2012, 11:56:52 pm »

Let's see some Robz!

I think it's unfair to say that I am on the PPS wagon. I started the PPS wagon, and did the fundamental work of interrogating PPS over behavior that I think most people agree is offensive and possibly scummy. Whether PPS turns out to be scum or not, I think I stand on the correct side of that argument.

I avoided the hider argument because I have nothing to contribute to it. Really, analyzing good use of powers is Theorel's department, not mine. As I've said 100 times before, I don't contribute for the sake of contributing. I talk when I have something worthwhile to add.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: September 19, 2012, 11:57:06 pm »

I believe you, you very much could be rushing to Joth's defense instead of OMGUSING me.

but I thought I was townie?

He/him

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: September 19, 2012, 11:58:00 pm »

Rushing to Joth's defense as in gaining towncred, not implying joth is scum.

but I thought I was townie?

;)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: September 20, 2012, 12:03:04 am »

I pretty much never get a scum read on Robz. Sometimes I can convince myself to vote him based on evidence, but he's really very good at seeming town to me.

Basically if Robz is to be lynched, you probably can't count on me to be on that wagon.

O, on the other hand, I will usually defend even if he's being obnoxious, because it's a pro-town kind of obnoxious (in fact, O is the only one I know who actually can pull off pro-town obnoxious).

But this game O has seemed a little more intentional and invested. He really does seem like he's trying to be the superhero that saves town PPS from lynch. If O is scum, I think PPS is probably actually town.

So I appreciate O's vote of confidence, but I think he's scummy and will leave my vote on him.

He/him

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: September 20, 2012, 12:04:51 am »

After MVIII, MIX I realized how much more fun it is to be a townie than scum. All these attacks on me just bounce off.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: September 20, 2012, 12:10:44 am »

After MVIII, MIX I realized how much more fun it is to be a townie than scum. All these attacks on me just bounce off.

Cripes, I found being scum to be far more fun. Something about knowing makes the game more fun. I find Town play very difficult to enjoy.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: September 20, 2012, 12:13:54 am »

I think I enjoy playing scum more, but sometimes it's really liberating to be town, because I just post whatever I want without worrying.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 70  All

Page created in 0.318 seconds with 19 queries.