Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 76  All

Author Topic: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 161495 times)

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
Re: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - Day 1 in progress
« Reply #750 on: August 29, 2012, 03:33:11 pm »

I'm am willing and happy to be lynched. I am just chagrined that others don't see how my wagon was perpetrated because when I flip town there won't be the necessary retaliation on the perpetrators.

Face, we are gonna D1 lynch and we are gonna D1 mislynch. You lynch me and we mislynch. Okay, fine, accepted, but make it a useful mislynch. I didn't get lynched because I self-voted I got lynched because the wagon got pushed downhill. If you're going to lynch me juts to end the day and end the strain on the brain then I suppose we deserve to lose.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: August 29, 2012, 03:35:33 pm »

PPS, a mess of quotes doesn't make your arguments easier to follow.

Why are almost all the quotes but your own unlinked?

Quoting is important because it keeps you accountable and gives context.  Not everyone has a good memory, and some people are in a bunch of games.

Well, I don't know how you guys are remembering what page these things are on. I've got three tabs open. One for composing the post, on for copying my own quote and another for print mode where I can find the relevant text to copy as a quote. We are at 31 pages according to my forum config so bouncing through all those pages to do direct quotes is a real pain. A bigger pain than say copying the provided quotes into a Ctrl-F on the print mode screen to verify what I'm posting as existing.

I can adopt a better method if I get edumacated on one.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: August 29, 2012, 03:39:50 pm »

Well, I don't know how you guys are remembering what page these things are on. I've got three tabs open. One for composing the post, on for copying my own quote and another for print mode where I can find the relevant text to copy as a quote. We are at 31 pages according to my forum config so bouncing through all those pages to do direct quotes is a real pain. A bigger pain than say copying the provided quotes into a Ctrl-F on the print mode screen to verify what I'm posting as existing.

If you press All instead of page number you can see all the posts instead of just one page and are able to quote.  I have one tab open with All and one tab open with my new post.  I open posts that I want to quote in a new tab and then copy and paste the quote into my new post.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: August 29, 2012, 03:44:20 pm »

Quoting is important because it keeps you accountable and gives context.  Not everyone has a good memory, and some people are in a bunch of games.

Usually I am responding to something recent, so I just quote immediately (like this).  If it's something from many pages back, I would look at the date on the Print page and jump back to find the page it is on.

It's a real pain when you drop a single large post with dozens of quotes.  It's easy if you just quote whenever you reply to something.

Lynching you tells us nothing now, anyway.  I just don't see a good case against you OR the people you are pointing at.  The scummiest person to me right now is actually Axxle, because he claimed Miller and because he has hinted at being the Dark Lord.  I mean, really.  But this is a bastard game so I guess it could be possible that You-Know-Who is a Miller townie... I don't know how we can deal with that constructively though.

But again, I just don't think there is enough to go on right now.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: August 29, 2012, 03:51:21 pm »

Usually I am responding to something recent, so I just quote immediately (like this).  If it's something from many pages back, I would look at the date on the Print page and jump back to find the page it is on.

It's a real pain when you drop a single large post with dozens of quotes.  It's easy if you just quote whenever you reply to something.

Lynching you tells us nothing now, anyway.  I just don't see a good case against you OR the people you are pointing at.  The scummiest person to me right now is actually Axxle, because he claimed Miller and because he has hinted at being the Dark Lord.  I mean, really.  But this is a bastard game so I guess it could be possible that You-Know-Who is a Miller townie... I don't know how we can deal with that constructively though.

But again, I just don't think there is enough to go on right now.

*HP spoilers* FFS I'm Snape, who always seemed super scummy (ie miller) but turned out to be town.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: August 29, 2012, 03:54:46 pm »

*HP spoilers* FFS I'm Snape, who always seemed super scummy (ie miller) but turned out to be town.

Well then why would you be averse to just claiming that?  I figured you didn't want to claim because of how terrible it would be to have You-Know-Who as your role.  Snape is a cool guy.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: August 29, 2012, 04:22:49 pm »

2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.

Wait, theres scum in this game?

I'm scum in every game. That rule is included because I'm playing.

Vote: Galzria
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: August 29, 2012, 04:25:56 pm »

2. There is to be NO personal communication outside of the forum postings unless your role PM specifically allows it. Mafia members may communicate at night and during the confirmation stage.

Wait, theres scum in this game?

I'm scum in every game. That rule is included because I'm playing.

Vote: Galzria

*suspicious eyes*
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: August 29, 2012, 04:53:27 pm »

Just catching up with my thoughts on the last few pages.

Eevee's reactions are still confusing to me. Would be okay with that lynch.

Pingpongsam... well, it's as good a lead as we're going to get D1. Either he's scum in which case we should lynch him, or he's town with strong reads in which case we should sheep him. I don't get the scumreads on Galz and Insomniac that he does, though. Insomniac worked through his post restriction, I know I voted for him at the time but I don't think he's been scummy since he actually started being able to post.  PPS responded to pressure by accusing his accusers and then by self-voting. Both are bad play but neither have been consistent scumtells on f.ds. I think I trust Insomniac/Galz more than PPS. What are we at? I want to vote for pps but I don't want to put him at hammer or L-1.

Dsell, you say you don't want no lynch, but you haven't exactly been preventing it from happening! Had you even voted for anyone before voting for eHalc for wanting no lynch? ...way back at the start of the day, you voted for eHalc *again*, back then for his post restriction. Maybe we should put you on the spot. Who would you prefer to lynch and why? Or are you just scum who wants to push for a lynch, any lynch, but don't want to be the one actually doing the lynching?

You're not really doing yourself any favors by giving approval to the PPS wagon without voting for him! He's at like L-6. Also I forgot you were in this game. I would prefer to lynch nearly anyone over PPS. We can look at his mini-wagon later. In fact, I would much prefer lynching you over him! I suppose we are getting near the deadline. Let's try this and see if it sticks! Vote: FTL

My vote on eHal was mostly to make a point that I strongly disagree with no lynch. He might of course be scum, and I think the chances of that are probably as good as the chances of just about anyone else.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: August 29, 2012, 05:00:10 pm »

Vote Count 1.18:

cayvie (1): Archetype
eHalcyon (1): O
Eevee (1): cayvie
Morgrim7 (1): Morgrim7
pingpongsam (4): Galzria, Captain_Frisk, Robz888, pingpongsam
Captain_Frisk (2): Watno, theorel
theorel (1): Axxle
Archetype (1): Cuzz
Galzria (1): Insomniac
ftl (1): Dsell

No Lynch (1): eHalcyon

Not voting {3}: ashersky, ftl, Eevee

With 18 alive, it takes 10 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Thursday, August 30th, at 3 p.m. forum time
22 hours from now!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: August 29, 2012, 05:12:45 pm »

Oh hey so I read all of FTL's posts so far in the game and he's posted nothing! A lot of nothing, but still nothing.

I'd encourage everyone to read all of FTL's posts. He basically does of a couple RVS and lurker votes, encourages everyone to do a universe claim (which looks like a big diversion to me), and then votes for insomniac and later unvotes. Now he's coming out with tacit approval of the PPS wagon and calling me scummy.

I haven't posted much content today either, but I haven't posted much. Suddenly I feel pretty good about this vote, though. Read his posts and then join me in voting!

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: August 29, 2012, 05:19:19 pm »

Oh hey so I read all of FTL's posts so far in the game and he's posted nothing! A lot of nothing, but still nothing.

I'd encourage everyone to read all of FTL's posts. He basically does of a couple RVS and lurker votes, encourages everyone to do a universe claim (which looks like a big diversion to me), and then votes for insomniac and later unvotes. Now he's coming out with tacit approval of the PPS wagon and calling me scummy.

I haven't posted much content today either, but I haven't posted much. Suddenly I feel pretty good about this vote, though. Read his posts and then join me in voting!
Vote: FTL

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: August 29, 2012, 05:20:55 pm »

Oh, btw, I went and glanced at MVIII. I'm not in it and didn't really read it carefully. They're on D3 now, with a townie having been lynched D2 and a death on each of N1 and N2. No Lynch doesn't seem to have helped them locate scum there, though of course I don't know the real details of what's going on.
I was about to vote for Dsell, but then he actually responded!  ...with a vote on me for calling him out! I didn't actually expect that, perhaps I should have. ...eh, it's still scummy, though. I call him out for not joining any wagons and wanting an abstract lynch, he responds by immediately trying to start a wagon. Vote: Dsell .

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: August 29, 2012, 05:33:27 pm »

Oh, btw, I went and glanced at MVIII. I'm not in it and didn't really read it carefully. They're on D3 now, with a townie having been lynched D2 and a death on each of N1 and N2. No Lynch doesn't seem to have helped them locate scum there, though of course I don't know the real details of what's going on.
I was about to vote for Dsell, but then he actually responded!  ...with a vote on me for calling him out! I didn't actually expect that, perhaps I should have. ...eh, it's still scummy, though. I call him out for not joining any wagons and wanting an abstract lynch, he responds by immediately trying to start a wagon. Vote: Dsell .

OMG!! You suuuuuuuuck.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: August 29, 2012, 05:35:38 pm »

Funny, that's exactly what I thought your vote on me was.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: August 29, 2012, 05:39:16 pm »

It was! At first. Not really, but you were demanding that I start a wagon, so I obliged.

Then I read your posts. ;D And you so scuuuuum.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 29, 2012, 05:44:43 pm »

Ah, so I was right about you and that being an OMGUS vote.

Well, good to know, always nice to have reads vindicated. Am I right about you being scum, too? :)

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: August 29, 2012, 05:54:17 pm »

Ah, so I was right about you and that being an OMGUS vote.

Well, good to know, always nice to have reads vindicated. Am I right about you being scum, too? :)

You didn't vote for me first, so it doesn't really count. My vote also didn't have anything to do with the fact that you suspected me, more to do with the fact that you were accusing me of doing exactly what you'd been doing. You were right and the deadline is near, so I voted for you. I seriously didn't remember you were in the game. That always makes me suspicious.

Then I went back and reread everything you've said, as I encourage everyone to do. And then I decided that unvoting on scum might make me look bad later. So, you know. Here we are.

Oh, and you're quite wrong about me being scum!

Morgrim7

• Torturer
  • Torturer chains? How primitive.
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: August 29, 2012, 06:40:00 pm »

WHY WONT YOU LYNCH ME? C'mon, where are my common lynch supporters. Axxle, Robz, Volt, Insomniac, get over here.
"Oh sweet merciful heavens.

I sit here, lost amongst the cloud, that which is the brain of the Morgrim Mod. Perhaps I will learn the inner workings of that storied mind. Perhaps I will simply go mad.

Mad, I tell you.

Maaaaaaaaaaaaad." -Voltgloss
Dominion Notation: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=7265.msg206246#msg206246

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: August 29, 2012, 07:33:55 pm »

The difference is that this is ROLE MADNESS.  Things happen in the night.  MVIII is a regular game, isn't it?  Not enough happens in the night so the d1 lynch is necessary so you have something bigger to analyse on d2.

ftl

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: August 29, 2012, 07:55:24 pm »

WHY WONT YOU LYNCH ME? C'mon, where are my common lynch supporters. Axxle, Robz, Volt, Insomniac, get over here.

Let's do some positive reinforcement. Morgrim! If you correctly vote for and lynch a scum on D1, I'll support lynching you D2 if you still want to be lynched then! And that's a promise.

...this may be the weirdest post I have made in a mafia game to date. "I promise I'll lynch you" as a promise and not actually a threat.  And a weird D1, too, with two people clamoring for themselves to be lynched, Morgrim and pps.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: August 29, 2012, 08:09:15 pm »

Sigh.... Morgrim... Morgrim everywhere....
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: August 29, 2012, 09:40:29 pm »

I'm am willing and happy to be lynched. I am just chagrined that others don't see how my wagon was perpetrated because when I flip town there won't be the necessary retaliation on the perpetrators.

Face, we are gonna D1 lynch and we are gonna D1 mislynch. You lynch me and we mislynch. Okay, fine, accepted, but make it a useful mislynch. I didn't get lynched because I self-voted I got lynched because the wagon got pushed downhill. If you're going to lynch me juts to end the day and end the strain on the brain then I suppose we deserve to lose.

Well, if it would make you happy!

vote: PPS
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: August 29, 2012, 10:37:34 pm »

Oh right my vote isn't serious right now.

Vote: PPS
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: August 29, 2012, 10:38:44 pm »

Seriously guys?

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 16 queries.