Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 76  All

Author Topic: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 161495 times)

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - Day 2, PM mod for QT
« Reply #1550 on: September 09, 2012, 11:37:01 pm »

Vote Count 3.1

Insomniac(1): cayvie
Galzria(1): Insomniac
Robz888(2): ftl, Robz888

not voting(9):  theorel, Captain_Frisk, Dsell, Archetype, O, ashersky, Cuzz, Eevee, Galzria

With 13 alive it takes 7 to lynch.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1551 on: September 09, 2012, 11:38:17 pm »

Ooh! Voltgloss posted!

*click*

Aww, just a vote count :(

Just kiddin, vote counts are sweet.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1552 on: September 09, 2012, 11:38:29 pm »

To Dsell, you're right about Eevee! Good catch. Actually, that's probably pretty damning against Eevee.

To Cayvie, that's a better explanation, you're right.

Do you mean I'm right about cayvie? Or could you be more specific? I'm not sure I've offered damning evidence against anyone.

I think he thought you wrote the first half of my post, and he's agreeing with both my points :)

Yes.

Gotcha. I could see it being either. I certainly think the evidence is stronger against Insom and Cuzz, but we mustn't forget eevee. I agree that he's not nearly as cleared as I was originally thinking.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1553 on: September 09, 2012, 11:56:34 pm »

Hmm. Eevee's response when he claimed his role was a little weird, I think. He didn't bother researching the scarecrow in Oz. I could see Scarecrow being unlynchable actually, or one-shot. It might not be good to look into flavor too much, but roles have matched flavor pretty well.

Insomniac, you haven't claimed either by the way. I take it I'm allowed to claim now, I'm a Scarecrow (in the magical land of Oz). No idea what that means. The doctor-guy with the bad medicine was called scarecrow in the first (and I guess third) Batman-movie from Nolan's trilogy, so me saying batman for no reason earlier was sort of a breadcrumb/proof I'm not lying (although why would I lie about that anyways + I'm confirmed town now, but Batman is awesome and I like saying it. Been watching HISHE.)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1554 on: September 10, 2012, 12:01:26 am »

Hmm. Eevee's response when he claimed his role was a little weird, I think. He didn't bother researching the scarecrow in Oz. I could see Scarecrow being unlynchable actually, or one-shot. It might not be good to look into flavor too much, but roles have matched flavor pretty well.

Insomniac, you haven't claimed either by the way. I take it I'm allowed to claim now, I'm a Scarecrow (in the magical land of Oz). No idea what that means. The doctor-guy with the bad medicine was called scarecrow in the first (and I guess third) Batman-movie from Nolan's trilogy, so me saying batman for no reason earlier was sort of a breadcrumb/proof I'm not lying (although why would I lie about that anyways + I'm confirmed town now, but Batman is awesome and I like saying it. Been watching HISHE.)

Oh, I guess I didn't pay this much attention when it happened. Eevee, are you the Batman Scarecrow or the Oz Scarecrow? I mean, the Batman Scarecrow is a scum role for sure, so I'm guessing you're definitely claiming the other one.

I'm a big Oz books fan (Return to Oz the movie is like my favorite thing). The Scarecrow becomes (briefly) the King of Oz. Also, he basically can't be killed. Uh, I'm trying to think what else he does that could be relevant.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1555 on: September 10, 2012, 12:11:26 am »

I'd super love to hear Cuzz' thoughts on all this.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1556 on: September 10, 2012, 12:13:31 am »

Oz scarecrow, nothing to do with batman (although batman is still awesome). i didnt research because a) i know what my role does already and b) i've
got nothing to hide.

i mean sure, i get i'm not as obvtown anymore in the light of new info but it's not like i've done anything even remotely scummy either? being suspicious of me feels like an overreaction.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1557 on: September 10, 2012, 01:07:10 am »

Man, people calling me scum on D2 already? Not sure how to defend myself other than to claim town and insist that my power has nothing to do with Darth Vader music. Unlike some people I don't claim to have any conveniently timed mod information confirming my innocence the second someone suspects me.

I'm a little confused about all that has happened so far, but I see no reason to doubt Galz's quote here. If he is scum and managed to completely fabricate a QT conversation like that one then he deserves to win. The "you and Eevee" line directly implicates Insomniac in my opinion. Those two were confirmed as town simultaneously, and would certainly go together in that context. Hence Insomniac's immediate accusation that Galz (and 2 or 3 other people i guess?) must be lying is so obviously scummy that I'd say lynch him right now, if it weren't for Robz throwing a wrench into that plan. I could definitely see Robz being a Jester, though, waiting for just a situation like this (an obvious scum lynch) and then coming out with the target-switch thing.

That's my two cents for now. It's past bedtime round these parts, so I'll reread the day and see what's new in the morning.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1558 on: September 10, 2012, 01:13:35 am »

Well since I'm not scum I'M still gonna do some digging.

Food for thought. Roles have somewhat matched what they sound like. So Robz claims we have a bus driver, anyone wanna clue me in on who could POSSIBLY be a bus driver? (note don't actually say it scum don't need the info but consider this list of roles can ANY of them be a bus driver)

Galzria - Fluttershy
Robz - General Iroh
ftl - Samwise Gamgee
cayvie - Ned Flanders
Cuzz - Jigglypuff
Theorel - Snapcaster Mage
O - Donald X Vaccarino
Insomniac - jotheonah
Captain_Frisk - Jubilee
Archetype - The Mad Hatter
Eevee - Scarecrow

Also Watno WAS alive but something redirected a kill to him apparently? So
Watno - Zaphod Beeblebrox

Now to be fair since I am the target of the suspicion I will FULL claim before I am asked to.
I have 1 shot roleblock, this is the mod retconning a mistake by preventing a night action
On even days I can ask the mod a question, he will post the answer to it truthfully and he will mod confirm it. Yes this is where the modfirmed came from, I knew I was town and started to suspect Eevee was yesterday so I asked him if both Eevee and I are town. This resulted in him saying that we were and that there was at least 1 scum left which didn't seem helpful but presumably there was a reason he added it. This is to reflect the fact that jo is the mod so as jotheonah I would know the setup and thus can ask questions about the setup.

I did not talk about the post after it happened because I didn't want to draw the scums attention to my role as it is quite powerful. Now that I have used my roleblock and it is an odd day though my power is NOT that strong anymore.

However the card O gave me is rather strong and if you truly think I'm scum even after considering the above then you should absolutely kill me. I will however put it out there that I will use the ability on the card at night how the town feels best about.

The card is possession. It allows me to pick a player at night and I get to see their hand (I don't understand this part I assume it's their role) and make all decisions for them that they would make during that night phase.
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1559 on: September 10, 2012, 01:25:52 am »

Man, people calling me scum on D2 already? Not sure how to defend myself other than to claim town and insist that my power has nothing to do with Darth Vader music.

Okay, I was waiting for you to say something like this before I came out with this: I targeted you last night with my neighborization attempt.

I thought, maybe, you had some sort of passive roleblock effect that put people to sleep when they targeted you, and I didn't want to out you if that were the case.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1560 on: September 10, 2012, 01:29:33 am »

Re: Insomniac
Essentially, for this to be true, it would have to be an enormous con by several members of the mafia, and it's a con that's supported by the claims of the one other person you still claim to be town (along with yourself).

If it's an enormous, brilliant con, then the obvious solution is to lynch you, and if you turn up town, we've found pretty much all our scum.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1561 on: September 10, 2012, 01:36:43 am »

Cayvie, do you think this makes Cuzz more or less likely scum? Seems like it doesn't change much.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1562 on: September 10, 2012, 01:40:33 am »

Also, Archetype/Ashersky (whichever heard the music before) could tell us if whether they targeted Cuzz or whether Cuzz did it to them. Er..."whoever" targeted them with the music.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1563 on: September 10, 2012, 01:41:03 am »

Cayvie, do you think this makes Cuzz more or less likely scum? Seems like it doesn't change much.

I think it makes it more likely that whoever roleblocked me is scum.

If that's Cuzz (which seems most likely), then that makes him scummier, yes.

Also, Archetype/Ashersky (whichever heard the music before) could tell us if whether they targeted Cuzz or whether Cuzz did it to them. Er..."whoever" targeted them with the music.

this too

she/her

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1564 on: September 10, 2012, 07:40:39 am »

It was I who heard the music the first time
I did not target Cuzz under any design

It seems one of the two in Galz's quote did it
And whoever that was probably will not to it admit
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1565 on: September 10, 2012, 07:45:45 am »

Request Replacement: I don't have time for this insanity
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1566 on: September 10, 2012, 08:16:09 am »

So, as scum already knows about O's powers, I'll clarify this card business to others as well.
Night 1 I was told I received a scout (the card) from someone. Any night, I could name 4 players and joth would tell me whether there was scum in the group or not. Last night, in the fear of not living much longer, I used it on Insomniac, O, cayvie and Robz. Got "there is scum in that group" back.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1567 on: September 10, 2012, 12:28:49 pm »

Hey all. Just got back and caught up. Frisk is being replaced.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1568 on: September 10, 2012, 12:32:18 pm »

Hey everyone, this is Captain_Voltaire talking. Give me a (long) time to get caught up on this madness as I figure out who I am and what I've done so far.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1569 on: September 10, 2012, 12:32:30 pm »

Voltaire has replace Captain_Frisk. Frisk, you are off the hook and may go your merry way. Thank you for playing.

I probably shouldn't have to do this, but P.I.N.L.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1570 on: September 10, 2012, 12:34:31 pm »

Hey everyone, this is Captain_Voltaire talking. Give me a (long) time to get caught up on this madness as I figure out who I am and what I've done so far.

Oh, boy. Good luck. Gold star to you, sir!

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1571 on: September 10, 2012, 01:00:40 pm »

Thanks. It helps that I've been following along as an observer (with no QT access, no worries) from the start. So some things, now that I know who I am and what I've done:

1. This game is insane.
2. The case against Insomniac looks like as much of a sure thing as we're going to get.
3. I don't know what's going on with the Robz/bussing thing, but I'd rather vote: Insomniac than deal with whatever a Robz-lynch directly might offer. If this seems wrong someone speak up?

What does this mean? Google failed me.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1572 on: September 10, 2012, 01:04:49 pm »

Promise I'm Not Lying

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1573 on: September 10, 2012, 01:06:39 pm »

Thanks. It helps that I've been following along as an observer (with no QT access, no worries) from the start. So some things, now that I know who I am and what I've done:

1. This game is insane.
2. The case against Insomniac looks like as much of a sure thing as we're going to get.
3. I don't know what's going on with the Robz/bussing thing, but I'd rather vote: Insomniac than deal with whatever a Robz-lynch directly might offer. If this seems wrong someone speak up?

Voltaire, I promise you, a lynch of Insomniac will have the effect of killing me. To lynch Insomniac, we must lynch me. Please do not vote for Insomniac.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile
« Reply #1574 on: September 10, 2012, 01:09:18 pm »

1. This game is insane.

Voltaire, I promise you, a lynch of Insomniac will have the effect of killing me. To lynch Insomniac, we must lynch me. Please do not vote for Insomniac.
Argh. Unvote. I see what you are saying, but I don't see why the reverse isn't true - why we can't lynch Insomniac directly. I mean, my goal isn't to kill you, but we have a (virtually certain) scum here, and if we have to kill you that's a regretable sacrafice to make - unless I've missed something?

Seriously, this thread is huge, I could have missed something.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.052 seconds with 14 queries.