Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 76  All

Author Topic: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 161532 times)

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - Day 2, PM mod for QT
« Reply #1350 on: September 06, 2012, 05:41:39 pm »

Well, from my perspective, all else equal, with the choice between two possible scum, I'd prefer to lynch the one in my neighborhood.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: September 06, 2012, 05:50:39 pm »

Well, from my perspective, all else equal, with the choice between two possible scum, I'd prefer to lynch the one in my neighborhood.

That way, when I neighborize someone else, whatever they say is less likely to get relayed straight to scumville.
So you get to pick a new friend if Watno dies? Definitely a point in favor of lynching Watno again.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: September 06, 2012, 05:52:13 pm »

That way, when I neighborize someone else, whatever they say is less likely to get relayed straight to scumville.
So you get to pick a new friend if Watno dies? Definitely a point in favor of lynching Watno again.

I get to pick someone every night, whether or not Watno dies.

It took me a little bit to realize that, unlike masons, a larger neighborhood is actually worse than a smaller one.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: September 06, 2012, 05:53:46 pm »

After reading again, I'm also quite suspicious of ashersky. On Day 1, he dodged around the genreclaim-discussion at first and popped in shortly before the deadline with a kinda unrelated vote. On Day 2, pretty much the only thing he said was the Darth Vader-thing. I find it strange that an ability supposedly just had him hear music. Also, if I was suspicious that there's a scum Darth Vader in the game and people are discussing wether to do a nameclaim, i wouldn't ask "Who's Darth Vader?" (because scum Darth Vader wouldn't say "It's me, lynch me" in response to that), but try to get that nameclaim going. Plus he still didnt give us his name if I'm not mistaken.

If you worry so about my name
I can giveth it to you just the same

Although you may not be surprised to learn
I am harmless, a young girl who yearns

To learn all about this land of wonder
Before it gets torn asunder

By the likes of you and other scum
Who scare the kids and drink the rum

So if you can clear your suspected name
Then tell me, Alice, who has done the same.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: September 06, 2012, 05:55:33 pm »

After reading again, I'm also quite suspicious of ashersky. On Day 1, he dodged around the genreclaim-discussion at first and popped in shortly before the deadline with a kinda unrelated vote. On Day 2, pretty much the only thing he said was the Darth Vader-thing. I find it strange that an ability supposedly just had him hear music. Also, if I was suspicious that there's a scum Darth Vader in the game and people are discussing wether to do a nameclaim, i wouldn't ask "Who's Darth Vader?" (because scum Darth Vader wouldn't say "It's me, lynch me" in response to that), but try to get that nameclaim going. Plus he still didnt give us his name if I'm not mistaken.

If you worry so about my name
I can giveth it to you just the same

Although you may not be surprised to learn
I am harmless, a young girl who yearns

To learn all about this land of wonder
Before it gets torn asunder

By the likes of you and other scum
Who scare the kids and drink the rum

So if you can clear your suspected name
Then tell me, Alice, who has done the same.

Yeah, okay. That's who I figured you meant with your "look through the looking glass" line, but it was kinda oblique the way you said it.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: September 06, 2012, 06:11:12 pm »

Lol @Watno for saying I'm scummy for saying I don't think we should try to break the game by checking who is online and who is not. Really man?

To prevent missunderstandings: That wasn't me, it was Cuzz.

I'd be fine with lynching Morgrim. I'm convinced he's not town, but i fear lynching him might be exactly what he wants. But we probably won't get around getting rid of him sooner or later, so we can as well do it today.
Morgrim always looks like he wants to be lynched. Has always been vanilla town this far..

Oh and sorry for the mix-up, I was already thinking of my 2nd point. Should preview before posting.

I agree with Robz by the way. Evidence is piling. I really think the case on Watno is stronger than the case on Morgrim.

From a quick look it doesn't look quite as intentional though, but i thinks it makes him just being scum more probable.

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: September 06, 2012, 06:33:15 pm »

I don't support Morgrim lynches without good reason. He's always crazy (except in MIX), and he's always town (in finished games, have no knowledge of his MIX alignment). Yeah, it's a terrible terrible meta, but Morg got lynched in a few early games and that didn't change the meta, so what're we going to do, keep lynching him in all games and keep lynching town? 

As far as I can tell, Morg hasn't posted at all today besides "Vote: Peeta Mellark". And after D1, I bet that's due to a post restriction, it was Insomniac's D1 restriction. IIRC. D1, Morg was trolling and voting for himself. That does not read scum to me. I mean, I can see it being Morg setting up his usual "I'm morgrim and I'm unpredictable" game, but, well, that's the game that's always gotten him lynched in the past, why would he want to keep being super-blatant about doing it?  No, this seems like the usual town Morg.

Vote: Watno. Better lynch for today. I can't support a Morgrim lynch without better info.   

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: September 06, 2012, 06:38:04 pm »

From my reading of the Hitchhiker's Guide,
I recall Zaphrod being a pretty scummy guy

If flavor means anything in this crazy big game
A <b>Vote: Watno</b> makes sense all the same

If he was a depressed robot I might feel different
but at this point, it's against him that's most prudent.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: September 06, 2012, 06:39:50 pm »

Vote: Watno he is still scummy and people don't believe that Morgrim is scum (he is).
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: September 06, 2012, 06:40:01 pm »

That's a hammer, isn't it?

she/her

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: September 06, 2012, 06:40:42 pm »

This will allow cayvie to neighbourize people and have a close knit trust worthy group.

PPE: I don't think so?
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: September 06, 2012, 06:40:49 pm »

Wait, no, this isn't mafia IX, it's 8 to lynch XD

she/her

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: September 06, 2012, 06:41:12 pm »

hes at L-1

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: September 06, 2012, 06:41:32 pm »

Vote Count 2.2.5

Dsell(1): Watno
Watno(7): O, Eevee, cayvie, Archetype, ftl, ashersky, Insomniac
Morgrim7(2): Galzria, Robz888

not voting(5): Cuzz, Captain_Frisk, Dsell, Morgrim7, theorel

With 15 alive it takes 8 to lynch.

Deadline is 4:00 p.m. EDT on September 7.  21.5 hours to go.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: September 06, 2012, 06:49:00 pm »

ftl, what exactly do you imagine Morgrims restriction is?  "May only post nonsense"?
lets lynch Voldemort.
I am every faction combined
Vote: Peeta Mellark
I cant see another restriction that would explain those posts.

Also, what exactly are your good reasons for voting me?
First ashersky accused me of being Darth Vader. I thought after I revealed that i breadcrumbed being from the Hitchhiker's Guide and the whale supporting this, this is pretty much off the table.
Then cayvie accused me of my behaviour in our quicktopic. I think I explained why I acted the way I did.
People think I'm scummy because I think Dsell's restriction doesn't make much sense and want him to nameclaim.

Can everyone voting me at least explain what exactly his reasons are, so they can be accounted for it later?

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: September 06, 2012, 06:53:02 pm »

LOOOL @Insomniac What exactly lets you cayvie himself is trustworthy? The way he displayed my behaviour in the quicktopic was very missleading, which doesn't help my trust in him.

Also, could people take their votes off me, so I (and also others, since probably not everyone will survive the night) can at least use the remaining day to give you my opinions on people, before you lynch me?

ftl

• Mountebank
  • Shuffle iT Username: ftl
    • View Profile
« Reply #1366 on: September 06, 2012, 06:57:51 pm »

D2, Morgrim's restriction is probably that he can only post votes, like Insom was D1.

D1, I have no idea whether he had a restriction, he just posts nonsense because that's what he always does.

I don't think Morg is a worthwhile lynch, and you going to that wagon feels like just sort of jumping on to the other alternative. I don't buy your defense vs cayvie's accusations.

Unvote so Morgrim doesn't hammer.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: September 06, 2012, 07:05:16 pm »

Before the Watno wagon completes a lynch, I'd really like people to consider what it means that Dsell was the only one out of 15 living who refused to give a nameclaim, or even to give a legitimate reason for not doing so.

Vote: Dsell until he does either.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: September 06, 2012, 07:07:17 pm »

What it means?

I think Dsell has a right to be suspicious of name claims. There are not infrequently traps set up by mods to punish the town for mass claiming.

I find Dsell somewhat suspicious for other reasons, but not for that.

she/her

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: September 06, 2012, 07:07:49 pm »

I don't think Watno jumping on the Morgrim wagon was scummy at all. I'm sure he would want to do that as town as well.

For me, most suspect thing about him is the behavior on the QT with cayvie. I've been a townie with a quicktopic, it's freaking awesome. If cayvie was mafia, I'm quite sure she wouldn't want to lynch the townie she shares a quicktopic with.

Oh that and the Darth Vader thing. And the fact the role Watno claims could just as well be a scum role.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1370 on: September 06, 2012, 07:08:43 pm »

ftl, you realize two of the posts I quoted are from today.
Also, if he can only vote, he could do something like Vote: I agree with the above or whatever, if he gets through with Vote: Peeta Meelark or just vote whoever he thinks is scummy.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: September 06, 2012, 07:09:47 pm »

@Eevee the reasons you vote me for contradict each other. I can't be Darth Vader and scum Zaphod Beeblebrox at the same time.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: September 06, 2012, 07:11:42 pm »

What it means?

I think Dsell has a right to be suspicious of name claims. There are not infrequently traps set up by mods to punish the town for mass claiming.

I find Dsell somewhat suspicious for other reasons, but not for that.

He didn't oppose the name claim as such, he only refused to participate. Fearing a trap is not a reason you'd need to keep secret.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: September 06, 2012, 07:16:41 pm »

@Eevee the reasons you vote me for contradict each other. I can't be Darth Vader and scum Zaphod Beeblebrox at the same time.
Damned if you did, damned if you didn't.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1374 on: September 06, 2012, 07:24:16 pm »

I still don't get how evreryone suspects me for not revealing information in the quicktopic after recent bad experience with doing so.
It's not that im convinced cayvie is scum / not town (I think something Cultist-like is also possible). It's just that I don't see any benefit that would outweigh the potential damage caused by revealing information there.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.