Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 76  All

Author Topic: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - GAME OVER, TOWN WINS  (Read 161586 times)

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: BMV - Truly Bastard Role Madness Mafia - Day 2, PM mod for QT
« Reply #1125 on: September 05, 2012, 08:05:47 am »

quick everyone ask joth a question! Joth you said you won't answer town questions but what about scum????

Rereading last few pages. Summary: ash claims rolecop/cop/flavorcop/investigator and points at Watno. Vote: Watno .

We're waiting for watno here? Did anything else happen that I missed?

You go to far in saying I claimed,
I am not so specially famed,

I just passed on that I heard that song,
I'm certain that it meant something wrong,

And why Watno chose to be so specific
in saying he was<b>n't</b> someone so horrific

Just struck me as so far out of the norm
that I had to make it known, in some form

So please Watno please, let us hear
Why it isn't you, we should so fear.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Watno

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Watno
    • View Profile
« Reply #1126 on: September 05, 2012, 08:59:47 am »

I was so specific in saying I'm not Darth Vader, because you basically asked me if I was.
While Cuzz is right that I didn't Universe Claim on Day 1 (I didn't see the point in doing so instead of claiming genre, because information that precise wasn't needed then), but i breadcrumbed massively here:
I know the mod might be lying, but since he said giving away fluff information in our pms might hurt, i don't see the point in doing that, so I wont give you the answer to my universe and everything, but maybe someone can explain this to me?
The answer to life, the universe and everything rings a bell? I'm from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. I can also go on and be the first if we do a nameclaim if you want me to.

Also I thought eHalc was from Star Wars and we are pretty sure we don't have multiple people from one Universe?

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1127 on: September 05, 2012, 09:04:39 am »

Watno then calls out a few people for lurking (he calls out me in the post directly following), and votes ashersky based on the quoted post (he actually votes me based on a counting error and then votes ashersky again but I'm condensing):

I looked through the posts again and noticed that the following people havent neither claimed their genre/universe
nor given a reason why they dont, even though they have been posting:
Captain_Frisk, Morgrim7, O, ashersky

Especially, I noticed this:
Is 10 votes a lynch?

And how do you define genre?  Isn't everyone saying fantasy a bit uninformative, since that could mean anything?

And is it geeky to think a buffyverse bastard role mafia game would be awesome?
with no mention of the genre/universeclaim later. This seems to be kinda dodgy to me. vote: ashersky

I'd like to know from all of you why youre ignoring this issue in your posts totally.
I want to pint out that I didn't accuse you and others of lurking, but of totally ignoring the discussion about a possible genre-/whatever-claim

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1128 on: September 05, 2012, 09:10:42 am »

Also I thought eHalc was from Star Wars and we are pretty sure we don't have multiple people from one Universe?

eHalc claimed to be some sort of robot I think. And based on what people have said, it appears that no one shares a universe. But I feel the obvious issue is that someone with a role name of Darth Vader might have lied about their universe from the beginning.

I want to pint out that I didn't accuse you and others of lurking, but of totally ignoring the discussion about a possible genre-/whatever-claim

Good point. My mistake.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1129 on: September 05, 2012, 09:19:32 am »

So you're voting me based on my claim that im from the SciFi-Genre, because I might be Darth Vader, and now you're still voting me because I might have been lying from the very beginning?

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1130 on: September 05, 2012, 09:20:45 am »

I'm actually not voting for you at all at the moment. I thought I was mildly defending you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1131 on: September 05, 2012, 09:20:56 am »

Unvote because the breadcrumb looks plausible. But either ashersky is badly mistaken or someone is lying here.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1132 on: September 05, 2012, 09:25:42 am »

I'm actually not voting for you at all at the moment. I thought I was mildly defending you.
Sry, point stays the same though if you replace vote with suspect though.

ashersky, can you tell us more exactly what you claim happened to you? You heard the Imperial March, is the rest just there for the rhymes or did it have any effect?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1133 on: September 05, 2012, 09:32:47 am »

If eHalc didnt have the robot speech restriction earlier, I'd be heavily suspecting him right about now. Good thing we have forced someone to lie already though.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1134 on: September 05, 2012, 09:49:21 am »

Unvote
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1135 on: September 05, 2012, 09:57:30 am »

If eHalc didnt have the robot speech restriction earlier, I'd be heavily suspecting him right about now. Good thing we have forced someone to lie already though.

But do we know for sure he had it? Maybe it was an elaborate fake claim. Though Jo publicly removed it. So I don't know how you could fake the mod's help.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Watno

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1136 on: September 05, 2012, 09:59:47 am »

Also it would have violated the cryptography-rule if it wasnt forced.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1137 on: September 05, 2012, 10:01:25 am »

But do we know for sure he had it? Maybe it was an elaborate fake claim. Though Jo publicly removed it. So I don't know how you could fake the mod's help.
Yeah, Jo publicly removing it proves it was legit. And can't imagine Darth Vader having to write in morse so..

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1138 on: September 05, 2012, 10:05:49 am »

Yeah, Jo publicly removing it proves it was legit. And can't imagine Darth Vader having to write in morse so..

Maybe he was sending out an SoS from the Deathstar!
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1139 on: September 05, 2012, 10:22:54 am »

I think EHal might be trying to pull one over on us.

Also it would have violated the cryptography-rule if it wasnt forced.

I just check back: Neither of these things appear to be true. Here's Jo acknowledging that he didn't know about the cryptography rule:

On the one hand, starting this off and then leaving for many hours was a little bastardly.

On the other hand, this is already turning out better than I e. ver could have hoped.

I apologize for not catching the cryptography rule. I've taken it out for now, but if the cryptography gets too crazy I'll put it back in. No one will be modkilled. Except Morgrim if he doesn't show up soon!

I also just noticed Voltgloss has been trolling in here. Voltgloss, you had your chance to play and now you can't. If you're going to hang around, make yourself useful and post some votecounts or something. You can be unofficial troll/back-up-back-up mod.  But I don't want anyone else who's not playing to post here!

Now I have to go look through 12 pages of posts to come up with a vote count.

More importantly, Jo did not, to my knowledge, say anything publicly about EHal's mod restriction. EHAl was the one who said it had been removed:

Mod: can you relax this posting restriction?  Makes following on an iPad a pain in the anus.

Universal translator now installed.

So I still think it's quite possible EHal set this up. In fact, Vote: EHalcyon. If ashersky heard the Imperial March, and there's only one person from every universe, EHal is lying.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1140 on: September 05, 2012, 10:39:35 am »

I'm inclined to believe eHalcyon wouldn't have claimed a translator if he was faking it. WIFOM obviously.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: September 05, 2012, 10:47:18 am »

So I still think it's quite possible EHal set this up. In fact, Vote: EHalcyon. If ashersky heard the Imperial March, and there's only one person from every universe, EHal is lying.

Ha, why am I the one who is lying?  Anyone could have claimed a different universe.  If I was DV I would not have gone out of my way to weaken ashersky's argument.  I was the one who pointed out that he didn't have a solid case.

jo apologized for not catching the cryptography rule because it conflicted with my post restriction.

I can full/partial claim, if you'd all like.  There is actually a reason why I wanted name claims from people -- I have received info that can catch a liar.  I  have kept it to myself so far because I was hoping we would do name claims without that, but I'm worried that people will believe Robz' silliness.

Since the cryptography rule is lifted, I will abuse it and leave both my info and my own name claim here.  I won't give the key until later.  I am posting this here so that I am accountable, as I will be V/LA for most of today.

.-.-.--..--.-..-.-....-..---.-.-.--..-.-.--.-..-.-....-..-...--..-..-..-.-...---.--..-...---...-.-.--..-.--.-..-.-....-..-.-..-..-..-..-.-...---.--..-...---...-.-.--..-.--.-..-..--.-...--..---.-..-..-.-...-.-.-.-.--..--.-..-.--...-...--..-...--.....--..---.--..-...--.--.-.-.--..-.--..---.-.-.-...--.--.-..--...-.--.----.--..-.-.-.-.---..--.-...---.-.-

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1142 on: September 05, 2012, 10:49:28 am »

Just noticed eHal never really took a stance on Watno being Darth Vader. Never voted for Watno etc he was involved in the conversation by helping ashersky circumvent the post restriction (as was I) but eHal never actually voted or said whether or not he thought Watno was Darth Vader.

@Eevee: eHal is a smart guy if he was going to impose a fake restriction on himself he would add credibility to it in that way for sure.

That said I don't currently feel like eHal is where I want my vote, I want to hear ashersky's reply to Watno's statement.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: September 05, 2012, 11:00:25 am »

Since the cryptography rule is lifted, I will abuse it and leave both my info and my own name claim here.  I won't give the key until later.  I am posting this here so that I am accountable, as I will be V/LA for most of today.

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
1. Bold, blue text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.  except by special dispensation from the Mod.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: September 05, 2012, 11:06:58 am »

Miscellaneous/Mechanics:
1. Bold, blue text is reserved for the Mod. No invisible/small text is allowed, nor is cryptography.  except by special dispensation from the Mod.

For once is happy for troll mod.

I had gone and made a public and private key with which to encrypt and decrypt and I was about to post my role and abilities here.

Saved by the Troll...Now thats an internet show I'd think about watching!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: September 05, 2012, 11:07:34 am »

Quick mod ruling. If eHalc is in violation of the rule (and I'm not saying he is or isn't) I'm letting this one go on account of how much I jerked that rule around (it was confusing).  But the rule stands on from here on out, no leniency.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1146 on: September 05, 2012, 12:33:26 pm »

Quick mod ruling. If eHalc is in violation of the rule (and I'm not saying he is or isn't) I'm letting this one go on account of how much I jerked that rule around (it was confusing).  But the rule stands on from here on out, no leniency.

Oh crap.  Thanks for the kindness on this front.  I thought it had just been lifted entirely.  In any case, I hope this is enough proof then.  All my posts on day 1 (and one early post on day 2) have used morse code.  My most recent one is further encrypted and, I believe, in violation.

Still mostly V/LA but I am dropping in right now because I can't resist looking over the contest entries.  I'll swing by again after that and then I will probably be gone until ~10pm MDT.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1147 on: September 05, 2012, 02:20:20 pm »

Does anyone else think we should nameclaim then, Im interested to see whom eHal catches

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: September 05, 2012, 02:29:16 pm »

Does anyone else think we should nameclaim then, Im interested to see whom eHal catches
I dont mind.

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: September 05, 2012, 02:38:40 pm »

Lots of people still keeping quiet...

Anyway, out until late tonight.
Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 76  All

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 16 queries.