Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 97  All

Author Topic: Role Madness Mafia I GAME OVER, everyone wins sort of!  (Read 234725 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Role Madness Mafia I (Day 5 Started, PM for Spectator's QT)
« Reply #1275 on: August 03, 2012, 05:08:32 pm »

It was entitled "Night 3 Update" but sent during Night 4. At least mine was.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: August 03, 2012, 05:09:05 pm »

List of cultists:

Axxle
Robz
Jotheonah
Frisk
Dsell
Insomniac
Galz (dead)

correct? complete?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: August 03, 2012, 05:09:16 pm »

Interestingly, I was told I could use them on even-numbered nights only.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: August 03, 2012, 05:09:37 pm »

It was entitled "Night 3 Update" but sent during Night 4. At least mine was.

I can also verify this

List of cultists:

Axxle
Robz
Jotheonah
Frisk
Dsell
Insomniac
Galz (dead)

correct? complete?

yes
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: August 03, 2012, 05:10:03 pm »

EHal just confirmd the titled of the message was erroneous. So there ya go.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: August 03, 2012, 05:10:18 pm »

Also: do you guys have daychat, or just nightchat?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: August 03, 2012, 05:11:00 pm »

List of cultists:

Axxle
Robz
Jotheonah
Frisk
Dsell
Insomniac
Galz (dead)

correct? complete?

You forgot redacted, our super secret second cult leader.

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: August 03, 2012, 05:11:29 pm »

Also: do you guys have daychat, or just nightchat?

We can chat at any time.

timchen

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: allfail
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: August 03, 2012, 05:12:08 pm »

Um, I don't believe anything anyone Ironworks-aligned is saying.

vote: Robz888
oh god we're screwed

CULT CONVERT ME TONIGHT

I SUPPLICATE MYSELF TO YOUR GOD OF MOLTEN STEEL

I think that the cultists don't in fact lose their abilities.

They teamed up to make the town and mafia spend a bunch of resources killing Galz, then Traded out who the Cult leader was.
I think it's time for a massclaim.
I've found the Mountebank!

It's me today!
It was me last night too!

I targeted Eevee, Frisk, and Galzria.

I targeted Galz because obv.
I targeted Frisk because he hadn't ever lost VPs and I wanted to make sure I got my +1 VP for selfish reasons.
I targeted Eevee... without thinking very much about it, but I thought it might help confirm his claim.

Here are some of the things I don't make sense out of it (that happens today. Earlier double votes and things, well I don't quite remember.) The first half is about a crazy bus Robz did to Galz. I don't see how that is likely.

The second part is being mountebank. The weirdest part that I don't understand the most is that she went straight up claiming without much response from anyone else. Also, maybe I remembered wrong? I thought eevee said he redirected -2 vp to galz. I know I gave Galz -2 VP each in night 3 and 4,  so I don't see he was hit by a third mountebank. And when did the mountebank start to target 3 people?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: August 03, 2012, 05:12:32 pm »

*sigh* So my fears of like a 6-cultist quickhammer are not entirely ungrounded. Though it seems unlikely that you'd all be online at once.

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: August 03, 2012, 05:13:55 pm »

Um, I don't believe anything anyone Ironworks-aligned is saying.

vote: Robz888
oh god we're screwed

CULT CONVERT ME TONIGHT

I SUPPLICATE MYSELF TO YOUR GOD OF MOLTEN STEEL

I think that the cultists don't in fact lose their abilities.

They teamed up to make the town and mafia spend a bunch of resources killing Galz, then Traded out who the Cult leader was.
I think it's time for a massclaim.
I've found the Mountebank!

It's me today!
It was me last night too!

I targeted Eevee, Frisk, and Galzria.

I targeted Galz because obv.
I targeted Frisk because he hadn't ever lost VPs and I wanted to make sure I got my +1 VP for selfish reasons.
I targeted Eevee... without thinking very much about it, but I thought it might help confirm his claim.

Here are some of the things I don't make sense out of it (that happens today. Earlier double votes and things, well I don't quite remember.) The first half is about a crazy bus Robz did to Galz. I don't see how that is likely.

The second part is being mountebank. The weirdest part that I don't understand the most is that she went straight up claiming without much response from anyone else. Also, maybe I remembered wrong? I thought eevee said he redirected -2 vp to galz. I know I gave Galz -2 VP each in night 3 and 4,  so I don't see he was hit by a third mountebank. And when did the mountebank start to target 3 people?

The only problem I see about anything I said there is that I misused "supplicate".

she/her

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: August 03, 2012, 05:17:15 pm »

The title of whose message?  Robz's, or jo's?

Let's make this absolutely clear:

- Robz, confirm/deny:  after Night 3, but BEFORE Night 4, you received a message saying your powers were back and usable on odd-numbered nights.  Yes?
- jo, confirm/deny:  after Night 4, you received a message saying your powers were back and usable on even-numbered nights.  Yes?

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: August 03, 2012, 05:18:03 pm »

Timchen, cayvie has been one of my #1 deckreads in this game, and I fail to see where all of this suspicion is coming from. I may be warming up to a Timchen lynch.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: August 03, 2012, 05:20:14 pm »

- Robz, confirm/deny:  after Night 3, but BEFORE Night 4, you received a message saying your powers were back and usable on odd-numbered nights.  Yes?
- jo, confirm/deny:  after Night 4, you received a message saying your powers were back and usable on even-numbered nights.  Yes?

Volt, i'm sure mine came at the same time as Jo's. I said it was after night 3, because that's what it said in the title. EHal just told me that was a mistake. I guess they both came after night 4. They came at the same time, man.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: August 03, 2012, 05:20:59 pm »

No, actually wrong on both counts. DURING Night 4, I received a message saying my powers were UNusable on even-numbered nights. I misread it and thought it said usable on even-numbered nights. The mod just PM'd me to point out my error.

So it appears Robz and I received the same PM.

He/him

eHalcyon

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1290 on: August 03, 2012, 05:25:43 pm »

Vote Count 5-2

Robz888 (2) - cayvie, Eevee
timchen (1) - jotheonah

Not voting (11): Axxle, Captain_Frisk, Dsell, Insomniac, Lekkit, Robz888, shark_bait, Tables, timchen, Voltgloss, yuma

With 14 alive, it takes 8 to lynch.

Lynch deadline: Thursday, August 16, 6:00pm MDT

Point Counter Extension 5.2

3 - Axxle
3 - Captain_Frisk
4 - cayvie
0 - Dsell
0 - Eevee
-1.5 - Insomniac
-1 - jotheonah
-1 - Lekkit
-2 - Robz888
0 - shark_bait
1 - Tables
0 - timchen
-5.5 - Voltgloss
0.5 - yuma

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: August 03, 2012, 05:25:55 pm »

For you guys saying cayvie's your #1 deckread, (dsell, Jo), do you mind explaining a bit what she did to make you think so? Because I just didn't follow. I thought she double voted on Grujah earlier? And had a twin-black-market claim with tables which we thought should contain one curse one deck?

But ok, the core of my recent confusion is this:
@cayvie: why didn't you reveal you are the mountebank when eevee first mentioned being hit last night? Then you immediately claimed after I went back to the issue-- which made me thought that you were joking. And when you said further that you targeted three people (I assumed -2 VP each) I just thought that it is quite impossible if the mountebank can hand out 3 -2 VPs that we didn't notice for the first 3 nights.

Seriously, I was so confused that I was thinking whether you have a post constraint that in some posts you have to post something you know that is not true.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: August 03, 2012, 05:27:48 pm »

scum are generally secretive about their powers and skittish about reveals.

cayvie has been very open about hers. VERY open.

unlike you, there's no evidence she's lied.

i.e. town read.

He/him

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: August 03, 2012, 05:32:36 pm »

I was suspicious of cayvie after the doublevote on Grujah, who I thought was town, but jo is right, she's been so open about her roles and who she's targeted and EVERYTHING and while I don't actually like that play because it gives scum info they know is true, it strikes me as quite town. Also, Black Market was not a twin thing, it was apparently a triplet thing with Axxle, who they did not initially reveal.

Disclaimer: I've never actually seen scum-cayvie play (that I know of) and I DID see Mafia VI from a mod-position, so I knew she was town. So I've kind of always had a town read on her.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: August 03, 2012, 05:34:47 pm »

Hey Tables, how much are you allowed to tell us about being Possessed?

He/him

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: August 03, 2012, 05:35:18 pm »

No, actually wrong on both counts. DURING Night 4, I received a message saying my powers were UNusable on even-numbered nights. I misread it and thought it said usable on even-numbered nights. The mod just PM'd me to point out my error.

So it appears Robz and I received the same PM.

Thank you.  Do you all at least see the issue I was trying to pin down?  If powers got restored to someone (Robz) before Galz died, that suggests Galz's death wasn't the reason those powers came back.  Maybe something else.  Maybe, for example, Galz using that power.  Which could be a very important thing for us to know (i.e., that Galz was able to use your guys' powers), and could explain some of the mysteries surrounding Galz.  But apparently that wasn't the case.

Look, I'm sorry that was so drawn-out, but man, some of you guys were fighting me every step of the way.  There WAS a discrepancy in the details here.  :p

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #1296 on: August 03, 2012, 05:35:58 pm »

Sorry about your conspiracy theories, Volt. It looks like we all got the message at the same time, at it was the same message.

timchen

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: August 03, 2012, 05:37:08 pm »

Ok, I went back and reviewed d2 and d3 cayvie. I guess she is probably not scummy, but just that her role is confusing.

So, do people agree on that mountebank can give 3 people -2s? Or maybe it is actually -1?

yuma

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: August 03, 2012, 05:39:50 pm »

Ok, I went back and reviewed d2 and d3 cayvie. I guess she is probably not scummy, but just that her role is confusing.

So, do people agree on that mountebank can give 3 people -2s? Or maybe it is actually -1?

That seemed to easy

vote: timchen

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: August 03, 2012, 05:40:59 pm »

For you guys saying cayvie's your #1 deckread, (dsell, Jo), do you mind explaining a bit what she did to make you think so? Because I just didn't follow. I thought she double voted on Grujah earlier? And had a twin-black-market claim with tables which we thought should contain one curse one deck?

But ok, the core of my recent confusion is this:
@cayvie: why didn't you reveal you are the mountebank when eevee first mentioned being hit last night? Then you immediately claimed after I went back to the issue-- which made me thought that you were joking. And when you said further that you targeted three people (I assumed -2 VP each) I just thought that it is quite impossible if the mountebank can hand out 3 -2 VPs that we didn't notice for the first 3 nights.

Seriously, I was so confused that I was thinking whether you have a post constraint that in some posts you have to post something you know that is not true.

Yeah, double voting was a mistake. That's one of the reasons I posted this:

God I'm playing badly.

the morning after. That's also about the time I started taking this game seriously again and trying all-out to win.

As Mountebank, I act a lot like the Mountebank card, actually. I can choose up to 3 targets. For each target, if that player loses points for any other reason that night, I do nothing. If they do not lose points for any other reason, I give them -1. If I give -1 to anyone, I gain +1.

I didn't claim Mountebank immediately for a couple reasons. One, I was planning on revealing it later that day, after some conversation had happened. Two, I wanted to see how the people I'd targeted reacted. I feel like giving -1 is not actually very threatening to anyone, but enough to irritate them. And I thought scum might overreact.

And I didn't want them reacting with the knowledge that I was the one who had targeted them.

Here's a larger point about my honesty this game.

Normally, as a town power role, it's good to hide that fact; you don't want to be singled out and nightkilled. But, in this game, there are three reasons that logic doesn't apply.

1) Mafia don't have a nightkill
2) Everyone's got a power role
3) My role can change at any time

Now, DSell points out that, if the person stealing roles can give my role to scum, then that might be a reason to hide my role. However, with the exception of Black Market, I don't think any of the roles I've had are actually particularly powerful roles in the hands of scum.

she/her
Pages: 1 ... 50 51 [52] 53 54 ... 97  All

Page created in 0.048 seconds with 15 queries.