Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 340915 times)

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 3 START!)
« Reply #2625 on: July 02, 2012, 04:50:17 pm »

UNVOTE: DSELL

If you have something to say, say it. Then I'm re-voting.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: July 02, 2012, 04:50:50 pm »

Unvote.

There better be a reason for that.

Edit: Ninja'd. But seriously.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: July 02, 2012, 04:52:47 pm »

I am a Woodcutter (1-shot vigilante). I have not used my kill yet. Like I've mentioned in the past about the woodcutter, I believe it is much more useful late in the game when there is a good shot at actually hitting mafia. This is why I was quite confident about a serial killer. I am a woodcutter and I know that none of the NKs so far have been from me.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: July 02, 2012, 04:54:23 pm »

And you didn't claim this before now? All the times when we were talking about...

Dammit.

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: July 02, 2012, 04:55:03 pm »

No, I get why you didn't claim before hitting L-1, it's fine. It's just that this changes a lot, IMO.

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: July 02, 2012, 04:55:32 pm »

I am a Woodcutter (1-shot vigilante). I have not used my kill yet. Like I've mentioned in the past about the woodcutter, I believe it is much more useful late in the game when there is a good shot at actually hitting mafia. This is why I was quite confident about a serial killer. I am a woodcutter and I know that none of the NKs so far have been from me.

The interesting thing about this is that I did believe Dsell was a Vigilante since Day 2. When I insisted that the second kill Night 1 was not due to a SK, and I hinted that I suspected there was a Vig, Dsell was the one whom I suspected.

However, the basis of that suspicion was that he would killed Theorel, because he had quarreled with theorel, and theorel would appear scummiest to Dsell.

So while I would have believed the claim, it was contigent upon him having killed Theorel, which he claims he did not. Also, i believe I mentioned already today that I suspected Dsell of being the Vig, so he might just be copying that.

So I don't know if I believe this. He would be the second Woodcutter, after Grujah, who is confirmed.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: July 02, 2012, 04:58:13 pm »

That's the thing. It's a stupid-ass claim for mafia or SK to make right now. Which makes me inclined to believe it's the truth. There are a million better fakeclaims.

He/him

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: July 02, 2012, 05:00:17 pm »

I hoped I wouldn't get to L-1 but I couldn't risk letting mafia quickhammer me.

I don't believe in partial-claiming or hinting. It only puts me at risk for getting NK'd and it's important that I stay alive to the late game to make my kill count.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: July 02, 2012, 05:01:09 pm »

Also, why the heck didn't you Vig me? you've been FoSing/voting me all game, you've never indicated any level of confidence that I'm town, and if I am town you knew I wasn't a PR since day 1.

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: July 02, 2012, 05:03:06 pm »

Also, why the heck didn't you Vig me? you've been FoSing/voting me all game, you've never indicated any level of confidence that I'm town, and if I am town you knew I wasn't a PR since day 1.

That's a great point. Actually, it makes me disbelieve your claim entirely. Why not kill Jo? Two days of voting for him, and you don't kill him?

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: July 02, 2012, 05:06:04 pm »

Because I wanted to save it till the late game. Like I've said. I believe you are scum but I expect myself to have better reads on night 4, for example, than night 1 or 2.

The SK probably has been trying to hit mafia too, and I don't know why my reads would be better than theirs.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: July 02, 2012, 05:08:01 pm »

oh my god

my eyes are bleeding

such bad mafia play

dude, you don't have to hardclaim after a soft claim like that.  Just stick with the softclaim.  Capslocked posts asking for unvotes are rather clear softclaims.

getting him to L-1 so quickly was also bad mafia play to start with.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: July 02, 2012, 05:10:51 pm »

oh my god

my eyes are bleeding

such bad mafia play

dude, you don't have to hardclaim after a soft claim like that.  Just stick with the softclaim.  Capslocked posts asking for unvotes are rather clear softclaims.

I don't believe in softclaims, and if I didn't follow that post up with a claim, I would be back to L-1 faster than you can say "mislynch."

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: July 02, 2012, 05:13:47 pm »

oh my god

my eyes are bleeding

such bad mafia play

you want to cool it with the meta-commentary and get with some useful commentary pops? Do we buy this claim? (Robz doesn't. I'm leaning toward no.)

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #2639 on: July 02, 2012, 05:15:46 pm »

Why not kill jo is the big question. I totally buy multiple 1-shot Vigs.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2640 on: July 02, 2012, 05:16:15 pm »

I believe DSell's claim.  It fits with what I know about his play in other games (like Mafia III).  He really doesn't seem to like to take action as town without being incredibly certain.

I'm obviously still wanting a CF lynch.  Most of my time was taken up by MVI today, but I'll come back tonight with more moreness.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2641 on: July 02, 2012, 05:21:53 pm »

How good is Robz's Dsell-Axxle team looking now?

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2642 on: July 02, 2012, 05:29:14 pm »

I believe DSell's claim.  It fits with what I know about his play in other games (like Mafia III).  He really doesn't seem to like to take action as town without being incredibly certain.

I'm obviously still wanting a CF lynch.  Most of my time was taken up by MVI today, but I'll come back tonight with more moreness.

Clearly MVI is significantly more important at this point - it being at Lylo and all.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2643 on: July 02, 2012, 05:30:15 pm »

Clearly MVI is significantly more important at this point - it being at Lylo and all.
... more to read.  I never said I have my priorities straight.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 2 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #2644 on: July 02, 2012, 05:31:36 pm »

Fine, I’ll just say it: I believe there is a Vigilante who killed Theorel. I also think I know who it is. I am picking up on some tells that possibly other people didn’t notice, but yeah. So that’s why I think it. If the person I have in my head is a Vigilante, the Theorel kill makes a lot of sense. I obviously don’t want to out the person, and I could be wrong. So anyway, that’s why I am so sure.

You don’t know why Theorel was killed, but I do. He was killed by the Vigilante. I think I know who the Vigilante is, and why he killed Theorel. So there.

I said this way back at the start-ish of Day 2. The person I had in my head was indeed Dsell, but only because I believed he killed Theorel. But recently, I confessed this:

I must admit it is only recently that I began to even consider Dsell. He was not an Axxle1 voter. Also--and this is important--I thought he was a Vigilante, off a hunch. It seemed to me he would have killed theorel, because they argued. But now I'm not sure we have anymore Vigs.

SO he could have chosen to claim this, because I did use to believe it. But only because I believed he killed Theorel.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2645 on: July 02, 2012, 05:33:06 pm »

It seems to me like obviously bad woodcutter play to use your kill right away. I mentioned that when discussing SKs and it's why I also doubt that Grujah used his shot.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2646 on: July 02, 2012, 05:33:28 pm »

@Robz: FWIW: I thought you were setting yourself up for a claim when you said that.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #2647 on: July 02, 2012, 05:33:44 pm »

It seems plausible to me he picked Vig because he knew I already believed that he was Vig. I did say I thought it was because he killed theorel, but I also hinted there were other reasons I thought he was Vig. There weren't. So, he may have erred in not claiming to have killed Theorel. It's possible he didn't because he's afraid that whoever did kill Theorel--if not Grujah, a true, living Vig, or our Serial Killer pretending to be a Vig--would contradict him.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2648 on: July 02, 2012, 05:35:11 pm »

Vote Count 3-10

Captain_Frisk (1): Axxle
Dsell (2): Tables, SwitchedFromStarcraft
Axxle (1): popsofctown

Not voting {5}: Dsell, Captain_Frisk, Glooble, Robz888, jotheonah

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch

Lynch Deadline:  Thursday, July 12, 4:59 p.m. EDT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2649 on: July 02, 2012, 05:36:05 pm »

I'm pretty sure we have a Bulletproof SK if we have 2 vigs.
Pages: 1 ... 104 105 [106] 107 108 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 16 queries.