Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 338439 times)

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 2 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #2200 on: June 25, 2012, 12:11:06 am »

New prediction:  we won't lynch anyone.

I'll check the thread in the hour before the deadline in the morning, and may be sorely tempted to sheep.

Question for all, including Jo:  How is it that we've STILL not lynched Jo?

Good lord I'd like to know that too. I think on my part, because I actually felt BAD for him earlier. I thought his play was irksome, but not scummy. But after the way he has played these last two irl days, I really don't believe that's the case anymore. He's been intentionally divisive, willfully ignorant, and so completely smug with himself that I really fail tutti draw many other conclusions.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2201 on: June 25, 2012, 12:12:14 am »

Fall to* - corrected error.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #2202 on: June 25, 2012, 12:38:44 am »

I most once again implore everybody not to lynch Pops. I just don't think he would act this way if he was mafia. What's more, he has been consistent in his unhelpful, short, nuttiness. Whereas O and Galzria reacted very intriguingly to getting some heat put on them by me and my theory.

Also, consider this: Pops has had votes from soooo many people, certainly from some of the people who are actually mafia. Basically nobody except me has ever defended him.

Tables, i am not forgetting Frisk. I think there is good chance Frisk is mafia. I don't like that he appears to buy into my theory--I think--but votes for the person I think is least likely to fit the theory: Pops. Frisk may very well be mafia, along with either O, or Galzria, or Jo, or I guess Glooble.

Okay, let me go over where I stand again: I want to lynch O or Galzria. Recent events have made them both, in my view, the run away first place people for suspicion. They also did not turn on each other immediately when I asked them about each other--or at least O didn't about Galzria, Galzria has sort of slyly turned on O now, which is a smart thing to do before O flips mafia. And I think O will flip mafia. I think they will both flip mafia. We will see.

Their accomplices are most likely Jo or Frisk, or somebody I have overlooked among the other people: Pops or Glooble, or perhaps even Axxle or Dsell. I know Galzria gets upset about my certainty over these things, so let me pre-empt him: I am NOT certain at all. But I think my argument for why certainly people are mafia is the best theory out there, and Galzria and O's reactions to it have been very, very clarifying.

I will lynch O or Galzria, whichever one is the consensus.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #2203 on: June 25, 2012, 12:39:46 am »

But after the way he has played these last two irl days, I really don't believe that's the case anymore. He's been intentionally divisive, willfully ignorant, and so completely smug with himself that I really fail tutti draw many other conclusions.

Galzria, I have made that argument against Jo since Day 1. It seems awfully convenient that you are buying it now, with you and O in the hot seat.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2204 on: June 25, 2012, 12:58:11 am »

I most once again implore everybody not to lynch Pops. I just don't think he would act this way if he was mafia. What's more, he has been consistent in his unhelpful, short, nuttiness. Whereas O and Galzria reacted very intriguingly to getting some heat put on them by me and my theory.

The thing that worries me about the O bandwagon is that we've never seen O under pressure. He has a very distinctive playstyle but I fear this may be a side of townO that we've just never seen. That's not to say that I haven't noticed his really defensive, jumpy behavior and that it hasn't bothered me and made me suspicious...it has, and I am certainly willing to lynch him if that's the best option over no lynch. But if this is just O being O and we mislynch, then I am really not sure what we've gained (see question posed by Galzria in 2188).
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2205 on: June 25, 2012, 01:10:37 am »

I'll check the thread in the hour before the deadline in the morning, and may be sorely tempted to sheep.

I ask myself this question constantly.

I really don't want to be alive at Lylo, because it'll be too easy for the mafia to convince the remaining town to lynch me instead of them and then the town will lose and it will pretty much be my fault.

Robz, I agree with you re: Galz and O.

Good lord I'd like to know that too. I think on my part, because I actually felt BAD for him earlier. I thought his play was irksome, but not scummy. But after the way he has played these last two irl days, I really don't believe that's the case anymore. He's been intentionally divisive, willfully ignorant, and so completely smug with himself that I really fail tutti draw many other conclusions.

intentionally divisive: not really, that would imply that my votes and FoSes actually had any effect on anybody
willfully ignorant: not really sure what you mean here, but I have to say all my ignorance has been accidental
completely smug with myself: well, ok, guilty as charged, but you could lynch half this town for that offense ; )
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #2206 on: June 25, 2012, 01:23:33 am »

Well - I like that this wagon is different than my grujah wagon, but seriously... Glooble, is there any lynch you don't get behind?

Quite a few. Jo, myself (obviously), Robz, Tables, SFS, and, at the moment, you, are all people I absolutely wouldn't lynch. I voted for the person who was at the top of my suspicion list when it became clear he was on a lot of other people's lists too. I feared not being online again before the deadline.

I didn't realize O was gone and unable to defend himself. This puts me slightly on edge because on the off chance that he has a power role, we might lynch him before he gets a chance to claim. But I'm concerned I might not wake up before the deadline, so I don't want to risk unvoting and leaving the town one vote short of a lynch. I'm keeping my vote where it is for the night.

If I wake up and anyone else on my list (Grujah, pops, Galz, or Axxle) is closer to a lynch than O, I will likely switch my vote to that person for the sake of getting a lynch, having a chance of hitting mafia, and having concrete information. I really can't see myself voting to lynch anyone other than those four based on currently available information.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2207 on: June 25, 2012, 01:34:12 am »

New vote, because deadline is soon and idk where Volt is:

jotheonah (2): SwitchedFromStarcraft
Grujah (1): popsofctown
Glooble (1): Grujah
O (5): Tables, Robz888, Glooble, Galzria, Axxle
Galzria (2): jotheonah, Dsell
popsofctown (2): O, Captain_Frisk
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2208 on: June 25, 2012, 01:35:14 am »

*New vote count.  People were asking, and I'm getting good at doing them in MV, so yeah. 2 switches to O gets us a lynch, though, IMO not as good a lynch as Galzria is right now.

He/him

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #2209 on: June 25, 2012, 01:46:36 am »

Ack, I for some reason thought it was 10 am Pacific. Nope, Eastern. Well I guess I'll be getting up early.

Glooble makes a good point that I'm not sure how I missed earlier: O has no chance now to claim if he's a power role. You'd think he'd have done that before leaving since the bandwagon on him was already rolling but...who knows. Ugh, it's just so risky guys. We have got to get a lynch and I will certainly vote for him over no lynch but it feels too risky.

Ah, but I am really unsure if there's time. Looks like nobody else is really online.  :-\
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2210 on: June 25, 2012, 05:26:07 am »

Great, now f.ds is acting up too. And I am starting to hate forum mafia as this AP from too much WIFOM analysis is driving me nuts.

We again didn't lynch jo (I blame myself for D1, and now I again didn't switch from Glooble last night cuz i wanted "a good night sleep") and he has like 1 vote left.

O wagon: I hate Axxle being on it (actually, I am starting to hate Axxle with his one-liners generally), I am not sure how Galz switched so fast to someone so down in his list (also don't like him being antagonistic against rob after wagongate, but don't take too much from that). I tend to trust Tables as our opinions did match a few times (D1 too) and he is semi-confirmed.

I want to trust Robz. If he was going to make that wagongate analysis and he was mafia, he could have just let me die and do it in hindsight than. It would still work. What I don't like about this guy is that he has clearly put pops on both wagons, and than defends him (that's ok, he trusts him) but he also takes it against Frisk for going after him just because he [pops] is the least likely fit, in Robz's opinion. Weakish claim/attack.

I wary what will happen if O flips town. How much do we read from this lynch mob. Whom do we go after next?

Looking on other wagons, don't know how much Galz' has merit... sdfsd
s
I stated my opinion on O before (even before whole wagon developed here) I need half an hour to think through, but I'll probably
Vote O (Volt: this is not a hard vote yet). Gonna breakfast now.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2211 on: June 25, 2012, 05:27:05 am »

Also don't like Glooble on O as Glooble seems to be on everyone (kinda like jo - is it a genetic thing?)

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2212 on: June 25, 2012, 06:31:43 am »

Galz's wagon so far is.. jo (me no likes him) and Dsell who, if my hunch is correct, is against mafia in any case.

I am starting to think I'd like Galz or Axxle lynch more than O.
In the unlikely event that something changes:
Vote: Galzria

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2213 on: June 25, 2012, 06:34:58 am »

To make it clear, I'd still do O lynch than no lynch, this is just a try to do Galz lynch and not O lynch.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2214 on: June 25, 2012, 07:23:00 am »

Vote Count 2-24

jotheonah (1): SwitchedFromStarcraft
Grujah (1): popsofctown
O (5): Tables, Robz888, Glooble, Galzria, Axxle
Galzria (3): jotheonah, Dsell, Grujah
popsofctown (2): O, Captain_Frisk

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Lynch Deadline:  Monday, June 25, 9:59 a.m. EDT

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2215 on: June 25, 2012, 07:59:16 am »

2 hours left, obviously nothings gonna change drastically, only Galz and Frisk online.

O i considered decent lynch candidate, so,
Unvote
Vote: O

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2216 on: June 25, 2012, 08:04:18 am »

2 hours left, obviously nothings gonna change drastically, only Galz and Frisk online.

Unvote

You JUST voted for me an hour and a half ago man. Why the sudden switch back to O, putting him at L-1, so close to deadline? Multiple people have made it clear they want to lynch me first.

I don't know. I don't like lynching O, but don't mind either since I really can't read him, but your switch here just feels opportunistic.

Mafia Record:

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #2217 on: June 25, 2012, 08:09:16 am »

I am online - but I will not be hammering O.  I hope that he is Mafia, and I generally agree with Robz's theory that there is mafia among the set of

Jo
Galzria
O
Glooble
Captain_Frisk
Pops

I don't understand why the logic for why O is in here.  He's the first member of the non Axxlewagon to jump on the Grujah wagon? 

I'm removing myself because I know I'm not mafia.  That leaves me with Jo, Galz, Glooble, Pops. 

As I've stated before, I prefer J to Glooble, and Pops to Galz.  J for legit suspicions reasons, and Pops over Galz for personality - since I don't really have a strong read for one or the other.  I am willing to let the twinclaim thing ride for a bit, hence my vote for pops, but I lynch J or Galz if need be.

I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2218 on: June 25, 2012, 08:12:59 am »

Robz: I think, looking at the vote spread, there is some merit in a potential O/C.F/Axxle (sub in many others). If O is Mafia, it clears Pops for me. That's the biggest reason I want to see O lynched now. He's been too strongly playing alongside me, and for someone I can't read, that worries me. Similar to how I used Jo in M-II. Captain Frisk I haven't said much about because at this point and time, there wasn't much use. But I DID point out that I've gotten a very shadowy vibe from him a few pages back - and the fact that he's landed on Pops (an unliklely lynch today) alongside O makes me even more suspicious.

Mafia Record:

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2219 on: June 25, 2012, 08:25:58 am »

Unvote

You JUST voted for me an hour and a half ago man. Why the sudden switch back to O, putting him at L-1, so close to deadline? Multiple people have made it clear they want to lynch me first.

I don't know. I don't like lynching O, but don't mind either since I really can't read him, but your switch here just feels opportunistic.

I was pro-O lynch from start. I voted for him before my bandwagon formed, him being on it raised even more suspicion. I am not positive on him, though. I don't like Axxle's and Glooble's vote there, yours not much either. You gave some other reason to suspect you.

But there is no way we are going to get a lynch on you now. Even with Frisk and SFS its 5, rest are offline, i am not willing to gamble and end up with no lynch - which is bad. O is a good lynch target in my opinion.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2220 on: June 25, 2012, 08:30:00 am »

Also, Frisk's most recent post confirms the above if O flips Mafia.

Left to hammer:

SFS
Jo
Dsell
Pops
C.F.

For the record, if you believe the Mafia won't bus, then there are two Mafia in that list. Cross examined with the list of wagon voters, and you get:

C.F. - Jo - Pops

Pops is semi clear if O is Mafia. Jo and C.F. I've tied together in the past. Frisk talked a HUGE game all day about lynching Jo for being Jo, but refused to actually vote for him. His comment to Jo "Unvote yourself NOW and make them work to lynch you!" Was a huge tell.

If O comes up Mafia, then C.F. Needs to be the next target.

And yes Robz, I see that this list is the same as yours, viewed from a different angle. If it's accurate, I stand by the fact that it's serious OMGUS play by the Mafia team this game.

Mafia Record:

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #2221 on: June 25, 2012, 08:35:11 am »

It's worth noting however, that if O flips town, I go right back to Pops/Axxle/---- I stand firmly behind my feelings about them. At this point though it all hinges on O's flip.

Mafia Record:

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2222 on: June 25, 2012, 08:38:49 am »

I am also not sure what to think of you if O flips town. You were backing him up (trusted/protected is maybe better therm actually) and than you voted for him due to "unable to read him well".

I will be online till deadline in case something changes and needs reacting (like votes on you).

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2223 on: June 25, 2012, 08:39:00 am »

Whichever way O flips, I'm pushing for a Galzria wagon tomorrow. It looks like I'll have company, so that's nice.

He/him

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2224 on: June 25, 2012, 08:40:51 am »

Edit: But I agree on Pops going up in scummyness if O is town.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.053 seconds with 16 queries.