Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 338342 times)

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 2 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #1950 on: June 22, 2012, 06:33:40 pm »

i am unable to view all posts in this thread, Safari complains about a slow script.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: June 22, 2012, 06:41:10 pm »

Erm, I really don't think I post infrequently enough to be lumped with the other semi-lurkers. Not that it really matters, but I at least post 1-3 times almost every day...
I dont currently have time to investigate this claim, but if anyone is keeping post counts it should be easy to verify or debunk.  One of the reasons I chose Tables to investigate is that (at the time) he had almost no posts - the only person we had heard from less (as I recall) was Green Opal.

I know that I'm not posting a lot, and that perhaps things are running together for me, but the two people I feel like we almost never hear from are Grujah and Tables.  If I'm wrong, then disabuse me of my notions.
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: June 22, 2012, 06:50:05 pm »

Explain yo'self O. IIRC you're in the SFS is obvtown camp. SFS claims to have investigated and cleared Tables. You just accused and voted Tables (I'm assuming that means you think he's mafia).

So do you (A) no longer believe SFS is town, (B) believe SFS is town but Tables somehow investigated falsely, or (C) believe Tables is town but voted him anyway?
DUDE, wtf?  I VERY specifically stated that I investigated Tables and he came back as town, THEN ARDUOUSLY SPELLED OUT WHAT THAT MEANT. I then later went through that again in a later post, ARDUOSLY NOT QUOTING VOLTGLOSS AS PM.  NONE OF THAT "CLEARS TABLES".

Please discontinue misrepresenting what I have said.
Posting begets posting.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: June 22, 2012, 07:00:06 pm »

You're being picky SFS.  In a game with confirmed sanity cops, an innocent is generally good enough that you don't touch a player at all before LyLo, and even then you probably don't touch him unless he is mega superscummy.  The investigation is valid 90% of the time, based on the probability of investigation immunity. There's probably one immune player per ten.  Good SKs will pick kill immunity, not investigation immunity.  No one ever scumhunts at a 90% level, if people did, we'd play games with 7 town and 5 mafia, and then still have to give the mafia power roles.  So you forced with the only rational choice of trusting the investigation entirely and accepting a loss a 10% of the time.  Which sucks when that 10% has nothing to do with scumhunting but your hand is forced.  Which is why I find town colored investigation immunity to be retarded. 

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: June 22, 2012, 07:01:10 pm »

it's bad design.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: June 22, 2012, 07:04:11 pm »

Vote:SFS for making crap arguments and... no, not really.  ::)

Unvote, Vote:Glooble because I like making the Mods life difficult apparently.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: June 22, 2012, 07:51:09 pm »

Man, two hours in a Movie, and I get out to find a downright explosion of activity.

Well, I've still got some popcorn left, so...
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: June 22, 2012, 07:59:00 pm »

I wouldn't say it was useful activity...
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: June 22, 2012, 08:07:09 pm »

In all honesty, here's my read on O's slipup:

It's scummy. Of course it is. But when I put my list together of suspicion levels the investigation had slipped my mind as well. I didn't have Tables anywhere near the top of my list, but with close to 80 pages it's not hard for things to get forgotten.

eHalcyon admits in M-III to finding my case against Jo early D1 compelling, but as we neared the end of the day he pounded away at me because he recalled thinking otherwise. I lost my cool over eH's play there, and it was an honest mistake.

Hell, in another game I'm involved in, I forgot MY OWN proposal from early in the game. We all do our best, and sometimes we forget things.

Now, this doesn't EXCUSE the player for those mistakes, and they should be held accountable. Certainly in the face of no better information it's a good enough misplay to consider action on. I'm convinced we lack better information however.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: June 22, 2012, 08:11:40 pm »

I'm *not* convinced we lack better information. Silly little 3 letter word. So important.

Mafia Record:

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: June 22, 2012, 08:12:48 pm »

iPhone posting here-will follow up with proper post when back at pc

We are running out of time and heading Into weekend. 

ReAsons to follow:

Vote: grujah
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: June 22, 2012, 08:14:17 pm »

Wanted to make sure discussion starts before everyone dissapears

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: June 22, 2012, 08:19:57 pm »

*poof*

Mafia Record:

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: June 22, 2012, 08:37:10 pm »

*poof*

Ok - boy nursing now... composing real post.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: June 22, 2012, 08:39:49 pm »

You're being picky SFS.  In a game with confirmed sanity cops, an innocent is generally good enough that you don't touch a player at all before LyLo, and even then you probably don't touch him unless he is mega superscummy.  The investigation is valid 90% of the time, based on the probability of investigation immunity. There's probably one immune player per ten.  Good SKs will pick kill immunity, not investigation immunity.  No one ever scumhunts at a 90% level, if people did, we'd play games with 7 town and 5 mafia, and then still have to give the mafia power roles.  So you forced with the only rational choice of trusting the investigation entirely and accepting a loss a 10% of the time.  Which sucks when that 10% has nothing to do with scumhunting but your hand is forced.  Which is why I find town colored investigation immunity to be retarded.
Pops, my intent was not to be picky, but rather to hold people accountable, which I have promised to do, and to prevent misinformation from being spread.  Given that several subsequent posts have been in the vein of "oh yeah, I forgot about that" I think its important that we accurately remember exactly what "that" was.

@Tables:  Can you explain the dichotomy between your assertions in posts #1923 and 1927 (sorry for the lack of quotes, I'm on an unfamiliar laptop with no ******* mouse but the built-in and I'm really having trouble getting everything to work easily).  In one of those two posts, you say (paraphrasing) "I don't think I'm lurking, I post 1 to 3 times a day almost every day".  In the other, you say (paraphrasing) "I dont post that often cause I'm not online often".  I don't see how both can be true, yet these assertions are only 4 posts apart.
Posting begets posting.

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1965 on: June 22, 2012, 08:42:03 pm »

I'll try to check in on the thread again later tonight, but it will likely be in the morning tomorrow.
Posting begets posting.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: June 22, 2012, 08:50:00 pm »

So - I started with the ASSumption that we had at least 1 mafia on the Axxle1 wagon.

This is

Galzria, J, Captain_Frisk, SFS, Pops, Glooble, Grujah, theorel

I then started ruling out people based on townread / etc.

theorel - dead
Captain_Frisk - this is me - but obviously not everyone else can cross this out.
SFS - 1 shot town claim

Glooble - twinclaim - If either of them are likely to be Mafia - I suspect J more
Jonah - twinclaim.  Still suspicious, but I'm giving him a pass for today. 

Now that leaves:

Grujah, Pops and Galzria.  I tend to think that mafia would be just fine letting a no-lynch happen, or at the very least letting us go up to the wire, and while I have suspicions of both Pops and Galz, I feel that they've each made a reasonable number of good points - and have generally been scumhunting in some manner.  I don't like Galz's crazy serial killer theory town gambit etc, and I don't really like his Glooble vote.  I also don't really like pops' recent O lynch attempt, since we're grasping at straws.  That said, I'm not 100% convinced on either of them, and at other times I'm thankful for insightful play.  Pops - your recent rebuttal to SFS was actually a reasonable argument vs. your usual blip... although can you please just start hitting the quote button?

So that leaves Grujah.  He is a lurker.  I don't know for sure that he's mafia, but I do feel that his odds of being mafia are in the same general ballpark as pops / Galz. 

If I was going to mislynch one of those 3 - I would choose Grujah in a hearbeat - ESPECIALLY as we lose more and more town, the lurkers are going to be an increasing liability - even if they are town.  Since I believe that lynch with chance @ mafia is better than no lynch: Vote: Grujah

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1967 on: June 22, 2012, 09:33:58 pm »

I like your thinking, Frisk. The fact is, we have too many bandwagons, and the only one that seems likely to result in a lynch is still someone I'm pretty sure is town. Most of us have someone we would be comfortable lynching, but if we can't come to a consensus, we're screwed.

I think Grujah has a high probability of being scum. I am now almost certain one of the mafia is someone with a very low post count. I know it's not me. I am leaning toward SFS being town, but regardless of my own feelings, enough people trust him that he will not get lynched today, so voting for him would be useless. I think we've officially Reached That Point.

Vote: Grujah

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1968 on: June 22, 2012, 09:35:42 pm »

oh, and obviously I unvote pops. I forgot, sorry. I'm still watching you, pops. I encourage our cop, if we have one, to investigate him or Galz. Or joth. Or me, for that matter. Any of those four things would be helpful.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: June 22, 2012, 10:56:49 pm »

Vote Count 2-20

jotheonah (4): Dsell, Robz888, SwitchedFromStarcraft, Tables
Glooble (2): Galzria, O
Axxle (1): jotheonah
O (2): Grujah, popsofctown
Grujah (2): Captain_Frisk, Glooble

Not voting {1}: Axxle

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Lynch Deadline:  Monday, June 25, 9:59 a.m. EDT

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: June 22, 2012, 11:05:19 pm »

I'm willing to consider a Grujah wagon over a Glooble wagon, but Gloobles on it... also if I vote Grujah I'm sure everyone will call it an OMGUS vote.

I honestly can't say I have great reads atm. Jo reads town, very town. Tables and SFS keep topping each other over with inane/scummy posts and yet our two closest things to confirmed town. Glooble seems slightly scummier to me than Grujah but both are relatively scummy, especially because Grujah's vote on me seems more like a calculated wagon started then a reaction to anything I said, mostly because I've never really posted much of a read on Grujah I think.

Galz reads townish to me aswell I guess.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: June 22, 2012, 11:17:03 pm »

I'm willing to consider a Grujah wagon over a Glooble wagon, but Gloobles on it... also if I vote Grujah I'm sure everyone will call it an OMGUS vote.

I honestly can't say I have great reads atm. Jo reads town, very town. Tables and SFS keep topping each other over with inane/scummy posts and yet our two closest things to confirmed town. Glooble seems slightly scummier to me than Grujah but both are relatively scummy, especially because Grujah's vote on me seems more like a calculated wagon started then a reaction to anything I said, mostly because I've never really posted much of a read on Grujah I think.

Galz reads townish to me aswell I guess.

I have to say, I was less than enthused for glooble to be the first to join me.

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: June 22, 2012, 11:43:49 pm »

Ok, if this post lacks context, it's because f.ds is lagging for me right now, I swear.

Grujah is a good consensus lynch this close to deadline.  His vote history is terrible, he lurks, most of the people who do pipe up in thread read townish so PoE points at lurkers. 

We'll have another three weeks to figure out the active players.

@SFS

-Since O's defense had nothing to do with the negligible possibility Tables is scum, joth's simplification of your investigation is a reasonable representation.  Thus you were nitpicking.  I'm not trying to say you knew you were nitpicking, but you were.  Joth is probably aware the failure rate for your investigation is but a fraction, and didn't bother cluttering his post with that possibility.

This argument isn't very indicative of anyone's alignment so I should probably stop.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: June 22, 2012, 11:48:48 pm »

he said, surprising no one.

"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: June 22, 2012, 11:50:20 pm »

Well, I guess I have to wagon at some point

Pages: 1 ... 77 78 [79] 80 81 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.059 seconds with 20 queries.