Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 340749 times)

Green Opal

• Herbalist
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 1 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #1150 on: June 08, 2012, 07:35:23 pm »

Hi all. Sorry for the extended delay, and what's about to follow:
So I probably haven't mentioned on here that I'm a final year PhD student, but that's what I am. And it's become evident to me this week that my rapidly increasing writing schedule doesn't give me nearly as much time for random gaming as I'm used to, so I think I actually need to drop out from this game due to time constraints (at least the amount of time it'd take for me to be satisfied that I was getting and providing enough to the game)
So, hopefully I'll be back around at some point when there isn't a thesis looming. Sorry again  :( And enjoy the rest of the game! I'll probably end up skimming it in a few months or so to see how my suspicions lined up...

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1151 on: June 08, 2012, 07:43:05 pm »

nooooo staaaay. mafia > academia
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: June 08, 2012, 07:44:27 pm »

hey pops, were you being flippant before or do you actually think Insomniac is scummy?

this is what I asked you
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: June 08, 2012, 07:59:23 pm »

So I probably haven't mentioned on here that I'm a final year PhD student, but that's what I am. And it's become evident to me this week that my rapidly increasing writing schedule doesn't give me nearly as much time for random gaming as I'm used to, so I think I actually need to drop out from this game due to time constraints (at least the amount of time it'd take for me to be satisfied that I was getting and providing enough to the game)
So, hopefully I'll be back around at some point when there isn't a thesis looming. Sorry again  :( And enjoy the rest of the game! I'll probably end up skimming it in a few months or so to see how my suspicions lined up...

Voltgloss: Are you going to replace GO?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: June 08, 2012, 08:01:09 pm »

Voltgloss: Are you going to replace GO?

I have sent PMs to several potential replacements for Green Opal.  The first one to respond back with a "yes" will be replaced in.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1155 on: June 08, 2012, 08:01:54 pm »

Sent one to Robz, right?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: June 08, 2012, 08:02:30 pm »

Sent one to Robz, right?

Ha! Now that's comedy.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: June 08, 2012, 08:03:54 pm »

Is that you accusing me of scumming?

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: June 08, 2012, 08:14:17 pm »

Insomniac was scummy but not on the same level as Axxle

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: June 08, 2012, 08:18:47 pm »

Insomniac was scummy but not on the same level as Axxle
I am the Dougz had to lift the level cap for my scumminess.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: June 08, 2012, 08:35:15 pm »

I know you're playing this game nice and terse, and trying hard to fight O for the most unhelpful player, but any reasons why Opal should come hammer him?

*slow claps* most unhelpful player? I admire your creativity.

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 1; REPLACEMENT NEEDED!)
« Reply #1161 on: June 08, 2012, 09:05:38 pm »

I haven't been able to get on much today, I've just checked on my iPod a few times to try to stay caught up.

I wanted to quickly say why I believe Axxle's roleclaim but not jotheonah's.

-Axxle's was under distress. He could have claimed PR but he didn't. It's a WIFOM argument but it is far more convincing to me than jo's claim which came when he had hardly any suspicion. Jo's felt much more like a passing remark that he hoped no one would make a big deal of.

-Axxle's was purposeful and clear. It's obvious that a vanilla townie about to be lynched has nothing to lose by claiming. It doesn't clear him but there was practically zero risk to do it. Jo's was supposedly accidental, which just seems so ludicrous to me. If he is townie, his role is literally the only piece of for sure information he has in the game. How do you just forget that?

-Axxle's behavior fits his description. He has been sheepish and sorta all over the place. Obviously this has made some get a town read and others a mafia read, but at least he admits it. But like I've said before, jo has made posts that make it seem like he thinks he's in control of the game, or at least his game. And yet he has made these ridiculous and accidental claims and blames "careless play."
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: June 08, 2012, 10:39:56 pm »

Alright, I reviewed Axxle's posts.  I'm no more confident than before, but no less suspicious.  Axxle played straight-faced right to the end of MI...and he was obviously mafia with no way out.  I don't really expect anything different from him this time.  I think this is a town-wagon, regardless of Axxle's role which makes me feel way better about the vote than I would otherwise.  The discussion in here has already pretty much died.  It feels like people are just waiting for Axxle to drop.  I'm really glad Axxle weighed in before his death, I'm glad Tables and Grujah both said something.  I guess this is where I pull the trigger...feels weird.

Vote: Axxle

Good night everybody.  Hope to see you in the morning.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: June 08, 2012, 10:42:10 pm »

Here's hoping for the best.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: June 08, 2012, 10:52:22 pm »

Vote Count 1-16

popsofctown (1) - Insomniac
jotheonah (4) - Green Opal, Robz888, Dsell, Axxle
Axxle {8} - Galzria, jotheonah, Captain_Frisk, SwitchedFromStarcraft, popsofctown, Glooble, Grujah, theorel
theorel (1) - O

Not Voting {1} - Tables

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

Galzria stood up and argued the case against Axxle.  With twenty-seven eight-by-ten colour glossy photographs with circles and arrows and a paragraph on the back of each one explaining what each one was to be used as evidence against Axxle.

And jotheonah and Captain_Frisk and SwitchedFromStarcraft all agreed that this called for a typical case of Dominion blind justice, and popsofctown and Glooble passed around the shovels and rakes and implements of destruction, and they all had Axxle immediately arrested.  Handcuffed.  And marched him off to the Cellar and put him in a cell.  And Grujah asked Axxle for his wallet and his belt.

And Axxle said, "Grujah, I can understand you wanting my wallet so I don't have any Silvers to spend in the cell, but what do you want my belt for?"

And Grujah said, "Axxle, we don't want any hangings."

And there was a pause.

And then theorel said, "Wait, yes we do!" and they all lunged forward and hung Axxle with his own belt.

When it was done they searched his body and found the key to his room at the Estate.  When they got there, they found Axxle had taken out all the furniture in his room, and so apparently decided that he didn't have to take out his garbage for a long time.  So they searched the garbage.  And at the bottom of the garbage, they found an envelope with Axxle's name on it.

And inside was a form, filled out and signed by Axxle and certified by none other than the deceased Lord himself:

"Name: Axxle

And they began to cry.

Axxle, Town Vanilla, has been lynched.  We will now have (at least) 48 hours of night. 

Roles with access to quicktopics can now discuss with each other therein.  Roles with nighttime abilities should please PM me their actions.  Action PMs must be sent no later than Sunday, June 10, 11:00 p.m. EDT.  If I do not receive your action PM by that time, you will default to taking NO action during Night 1.

You may not post in this thread until Day 2 starts.  Day 2's start time will depend on how quickly I get a replacement for Green Opal.  Assuming I get a replacement sometime by midday Sunday, Day 2's start will likely be between 11:00 pm and midnight EDT, Sunday evening.  If Green Opal has not been replaced by then, I will post to that effect and extend Night 1 as necessary. 

The dead may not talk until the game is over.  Deceased non-Mafia players may request a link to the spectators' discussion Quicktopic by sending me a PM.

THIS THREAD IS NOW LOCKED.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (NIGHT 1; REPLACEMENT NEEDED!)
« Reply #1165 on: June 10, 2012, 12:58:37 pm »

A replacement has been found for Green Opal, so we will begin Day 2 this evening as originally scheduled.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (NIGHT 1 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #1166 on: June 10, 2012, 11:07:00 pm »

Eleven people shuffled out of their rooms, bleary-eyed, not quite ready to face the day but relieved to have lived through the night.

Eleven people watched with amazement as Green Opal's door opened and out walked, not Green Opal, but the recently lynched Axxle.  Who smiled at them.  "Sorry for the shock, but y'know, Axxle looked so stylish last night - right up until he was killed, of course - that I figured some late-night Remodeling of my own appearance was necessary.  Pretty convincing, eh?"

But that was only the first shock of the morning.  Twelve people walked to the Throne Room for a breakfeast, only to find two others had gotten there ahead of them.  Apparently late in the night, to play a friendly match of Dominion, as the cards were all laid out on a table between them.

Covered in blood from their viciously splattered heads. 

One body had fallen back out of his chair and lay splayed on the floor.  A search of the corpse uncovered Insomniac's room key.  A quick visit to his room found nothing out of the ordinary, and indeed uncovered notarized documentation cementing his status as (now-deceased) Town Vanilla.

The other body had fallen forward, hand outstretched to the cards, about to pick up his next buy.  It was a Village.  Tipping the corpse over, they found his deck.  It consisted of seven Coppers, three Estates, and the other nine Villages. 

A quick check of the corpse's coat revealed theorel's room key, but they didn't even need to visit there to know his identity: Town Village Idiot.

Twelve people looked at each other.  Who would be next? 

Day 2 Start

Insomniac, Town Vanilla, has been killed.
theorel, Town Village Idiot, has been killed.
Axxle has replaced Green Opal.

Not voting: Galzria, Dsell, Robz888, Captain_Frisk, O, Glooble, popsofctown, Tables, Grujah, jotheonah, SwitchedFromStarcraft, Axxle

With 12 alive, it takes 7 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Monday, June 25, 9:59 a.m. EDT

THIS THREAD IS NOW UNLOCKED.

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: June 10, 2012, 11:12:47 pm »

Well this is going to make thread searching confusing.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: June 10, 2012, 11:13:52 pm »

Erm... What's a village idiot? Mafiascum wiki didn't have it outside of just an insult

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: June 10, 2012, 11:16:42 pm »

Erm... What's a village idiot? Mafiascum wiki didn't have it outside of just an insult

I think its: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Innocent_Child

Has the ability to have the Mod confirm role, but presumably something you don't really want to do.
I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1170 on: June 10, 2012, 11:17:25 pm »

Well this is going to make thread searching confusing.
Quite.

Also:

If you check the first post, it's a rethemed Innocent Child.  "At any time during the game, you may send a PM to the Mod asking to be revealed.  The Mod will then in his next post publicly announce you as a Village Idiot, confirming you as Town."
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

popsofctown

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 2 START!)
« Reply #1171 on: June 10, 2012, 11:18:45 pm »

uh.   As much as I'd love for you to be alive I think we lynched you yesterday Axxle.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: June 10, 2012, 11:20:06 pm »

If you're going through the archive I have now replaced Green Opal.  Ignore any posts by Axxle before this (minus the previous post) and instead take into consideration Green Opal's posts.

(for non-confusing searches)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: June 10, 2012, 11:20:30 pm »

I think its: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=Innocent_Child

Has the ability to have the Mod confirm role, but presumably something you don't really want to do.

Useful if it's lategame or we were going to lynch him.

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: June 10, 2012, 11:22:18 pm »

uh.   As much as I'd love for you to be alive I think we lynched you yesterday Axxle.

Axxle has replaced Green Opal.  Apologies for any confusion but the alternative was to drag out Night 1.  I sent about 12 PM's to potential replacements and they all responded with some variation of "nah."  Axxle was good enough to step up for reincarnation.
Pages: 1 ... 45 46 [47] 48 49 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.055 seconds with 16 queries.