Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 338306 times)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 1 UNDERWAY)
« Reply #1025 on: June 08, 2012, 02:29:47 am »

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: June 08, 2012, 02:31:26 am »

http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?action=stats

weeeeee are the champiooonnssss

+1. /Raises Glass

So. How about that official Dominion App?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: June 08, 2012, 02:34:08 am »

One thing I wanted to mention is that if one or the other of Jo and Axxle is mafia, or neither is mafia... well, there is a good chance some of the mafia are sitting out the voting right now, waiting to see which bandwagon gets closest to hammer. Or maybe they aren't even going to vote, because why would they? They might not need to.

Right now, the people who haven't voted for anybody are Tables, Grujah, and Glooble. Insomniac, O, and Theorel have all voted for someone other than Jo and Axxle.

Insomniac and O have votes on Pops, which is something I understand, so I'm going to discount them here a bit. That leaves Tables, Glooble, Grujah, and Theorel. Other than Tables, I have gotten some funny vibes from all of these people. When we go hunting for 2nd and 3rd mafia (or possibly 1st mafia), this is a group I will be keeping my eye on.

Just food for thought. I'm starting to get anxious for this round to end. I don't plan to switch my vote, though.

SwitchedFromStarcraft, Tables, and Grujah searched the deceased Lord's Throne Room, hoping for the key, or clues, or both.

When that didn't work, they did it again. 

Vote Count 1-13

popsofctown (2) - Insomniac, O
jotheonah (4) - Green Opal, Robz888, Dsell, Axxle
Dsell (1) - theorel
Axxle (5) - Galzria, jotheonah, Captain_Frisk, SwitchedFromStarcraft, popsofctown

Not Voting {3} - Tables, Grujah, Glooble

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Monday, June 25, 9:59 a.m. EDT

I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: June 08, 2012, 02:36:42 am »

I no longer have my vote on pops and am trying to start another bandwagon at the moment  ;)

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile

@Grujah, you got anything to add?

On what exactly? Jo? Generally who I consider scummy?

(Also, your last few posts give me big townie read, unlike before.)

Just looking over some people that have behaved strangely before and now.  This is Grujah's last post, and he was most recently logged in twenty minutes ago.  He's lurking, which smacks of scum.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1030 on: June 08, 2012, 02:40:47 am »

I no longer have my vote on pops and am trying to start another bandwagon at the moment  ;)

He's working hard too. I /applaud his effort.

Also, a small note Robz (although likely irrelevant to the point you made), is that at some point this game, everybody has cast their vote at least once (I believe).

Still, I'm tired now, so I'm going to sleep. See you all in 4 hours. Don't kill anyone while I'm away. I'd hate to miss the entertainment.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile

Just looking over some people that have behaved strangely before and now.  This is Grujah's last post, and he was most recently logged in twenty minutes ago.  He's lurking, which smacks of scum.

Hey look Axxle, I agree with you on something! Post more Grujah!

Ok, not entirely. It doesn't "smack of scum" to me, but the rest of your point is taken/well made.

Mafia Record:

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Just trying to get some discussion going since it seems like J and Axxle discussions are stalling.  If we can get me and J talking more maybe we can get more evidence, and if talk about other people maybe we can help find partners for Day 2.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: June 08, 2012, 02:55:21 am »

Sleep is calling me too, good night everyone.

@Galz: Four hours of sleep?!  You be crazy.  See everyone in 9 hours.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #1034 on: June 08, 2012, 02:57:31 am »

Also, a small note Robz (although likely irrelevant to the point you made), is that at some point this game, everybody has cast their vote at least once (I believe).

Some of us cast our votes EXACTLY once.  ;)
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1035 on: June 08, 2012, 03:04:42 am »

As per request and in the order given by the sign up thread

1 - Galzria - Talks a lot, accuses a lot, if Galzria is mafia I commend the switch up. Probably town, trying something different then previous Galz iterations, want to find scum

2 - Dsell - For a guy who posts a lot I don't actually have a good read. I'll brush up on his posts and see if I come back thinking hes scum or not, my suspicion is that he could be and hes higher ranking than some others

3 - Insomniac - Insert completely unbiased review here.

4 - Robz888 - Much like Galzria if Robz is mafia I'd be highly shocked it would be a completely different game then something that worked so well last time. I don't think he is but I won't rule him or Galz out yet

5 - Captain_Frisk - I like Captain_Frisk as a player he prods people without being too crazy gets people to defend themselves and creates bandwagons. Definetly could be mafia or town. Top 5

6 - O - Well O plays every game of mafia the same way, in the one game we can talk about he was town, if he's mafia then it would be straight up hard to read and could definetly be the case. 50/50

7 - Axxle - I don't think he's mafia, seems wrong for mafia to contribute an article on scumhunting. Doesn't make him safe but I don't buy into the recent bandwagon around him

8 - theorel - Makes big posts that explain his outlook well, he's having a feud with Robz, based on Mafia II, I would suspect one of these two to be mafia and since I don't think its Robz Im inclinded to blame theorel but it's day 1.

9 - Glooble - You know I've seen his posts but they tend to be a big blob of text in one paragraph with no line breaks. I hate text with no line breaks, I tend to skim over his posts, I'll go back and review

10 - popsofctown - Like O I can see pops being mafia or town. Hes an aggitator, he actively tries to piss people off, it draws attention to himself but in the same way as O it cools down quickish, If he is mafia I'd be ok with my lynch here if he is well I guess one aggitator at a time

11 - Tables - Gettin a strictly town read here, thats worrysome but his posts are similar to M2 where he was super helpful. I'd be inclined to reconsider after I see how the events this round go

12 - Grujah - Another one I dont have a good read on  I haven't seen that much from him either. I'll go back and re-read seems like he's another of the less active players

13 - jotheonah - Well he could be mafia but his gambit would be all too risky, letting him live day 1 isn't a big deal, he claimed vanilla townie which isn't great but not terrible either. He also claimed scum. I'm pretty sure its just bad town play but again I will definitely reevaluate on day 2.

14 - SwitchedFromStarcraft - Another one that had a spat with Robz, could be mafia I'm unsure. pops claims he's not which makes me suspect him more as well and probably puts him near the top of my watch list. Again though no solid read yet.

15 - Green Opal - Posts infrequently. enough to be another lurker.

Most of my good evaluations come after a lynch when I go back and re-read day 1 and come to conclusions much like I drew the Robz conclusion on day 2 in M2. As you'll note I didn't partake much day 1 in Mafia 2 either, had a real life reason but also I just don't have much of a read on people until theres hard evidence to draw from. If that makes my suspicious thats fine but I guarantee open on day 2 I'll have some real quantatative posts. Not Galzria tome style but like Insomniac day 2 crusade style.

Cue pops revoting for me with an insulting post. In 5....4...3...2...
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Insomniac

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: June 08, 2012, 03:05:35 am »

To be fair this list does include me as exactly once so far, let's get out of that boat just to be safe...

UNVOTE
Vote: popsofctown

;)
"It is one of [Insomniacs] badges of pride that he will bus anyone, at any time, and he has done it over and over on day 1. I am completely serious, it is like the biggest part of his meta." - Dsell

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: June 08, 2012, 04:02:25 am »

Well I was gonna post about how things were slowing down and then...Insomniac! Well Insomniac and SFS.

SFS, I'm really glad to see some more content and I think you are actually looking for the right kind of thing but I don't think I buy this specific connection you are pointing out. I mean, you could be right, but I think it's pretty farfetched.

Insomniac, that's some pretty good analysis. Actually pretty similar to mine with the huge exception of jo. I also feel like Grujah has been scummier than you've given him credit for. I'm not exactly sure what your reason for voting pops is though and I'd love if you could explain that one in more detail. I agree with you that I don't know how to tell whether he is town or mafia. I don't think it's a secret that some of his posts rub me the wrong way though. I'm also very curious of your thoughts on pops' bandwagon? One of the main reasons that I stayed off was that it built up too fast for that early stage in the game. I would not mind attempting to lynch him again here but I am very very worried that his early bandwagon may have included some mafia, which suggests he could be town.

I agree with your conclusion on Axxle but I don't think that it should seem so "wrong" for mafia an article on scumhunting. Indeed, it could be a very good tactic to convince someone like you (and others have had the same point) that he is on your side. Nonetheless, I actually do believe him to be town and I too (as I've mentioned) think his bandwagon's case is fairly weak.

I don't see your connection between Mafia II and why you think either Robz or Theorel is mafia. Could you explain that some more? From my pov, Robz has definitely been more reasonable but I still think Theorel is town. With 15 people there are bound to be arguments between townies so I'm not sure how you made the jump to thinking one is mafia.

Then that leaves jo, my only major disagreement. You say you will reevaluate day 2 but can I encourage you to reevaluate before day 1 is over? I agree that it would be a risky gambit but I think it pays off huge for him if he makes it past day 1. As long as suspicion lies elsewhere he has practically a free pass at nighttime. I know it looks like bad town play but has he seemed like a bad player in Mafia II and III to you?

Insomniac, this analysis has been pretty solid so if you say it'll be even better day 2 I'm looking forward to that. I've gotten pretty much a town read from you this whole time and was really really baffled when pops laid that vote on you. I could kinda see his reasons there but I didn't agree.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Voltgloss

• Conspirator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: June 08, 2012, 07:50:25 am »

Fifteen people gathered together for a lunch Feast.  Fifteen people described their various efforts at finding the portcullis key, and how they came up empty-handed. 

Someone suggested that they convert the Feast hall into a meeting area of sorts, specifically for discussing strategy and taking lynch votes.  But that meant trashing their Feasts and taking a Council Room instead, and everyone was too hungry to actually make that sacrifice.

Vote Count 1-14

popsofctown (1) - Insomniac
jotheonah (4) - Green Opal, Robz888, Dsell, Axxle
Dsell (1) - theorel
Axxle (5) - Galzria, jotheonah, Captain_Frisk, SwitchedFromStarcraft, popsofctown
theorel (1) - O

Not Voting {3} - Tables, Grujah, Glooble

With 15 alive, it takes 8 to lynch

Lynch deadline: Monday, June 25, 9:59 a.m. EDT

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: June 08, 2012, 08:07:24 am »

Always fun to start the day off with several new pages of arguments.  Axxle hasn't done anything new to further cast suspicion, and I don't yet see anything else that changes my mind.

Overly Antagonistic O: Since my argument for Axxle is empty and without merit, would you like to present your argument for theorel using more than a sentence?

I support funsockets.... taking as much time as they need to get it right.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: June 08, 2012, 08:11:12 am »

Always fun to start the day off with several new pages of arguments.  Axxle hasn't done anything new to further cast suspicion, and I don't yet see anything else that changes my mind.

Overly Antagonistic O: Since my argument for Axxle is empty and without merit, would you like to present your argument for theorel using more than a sentence?

Besides the freudian slip pops mentioned (seriously, who says "if I flip town" like he doesn't know?) and the general nervous volume of Axxle's posts this morning.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: June 08, 2012, 08:20:33 am »

Besides the freudian slip pops mentioned (seriously, who says "if I flip town" like he doesn't know?) and the general nervous volume of Axxle's posts this morning.

No offense intended J - but you aren't exactly super credible in this game - every time I see you argue for harder for Axxle - I doubt myself.  I'm happy with my vote on him, but I'm not going to try to start pushing harder for it.

Also, I'd like to hear more from: Glooble, Grujah and Green Opal.  When someone pointed out that "G" is ambiguous, I had to go back and look, because you guys are nearly invisible. 

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1042 on: June 08, 2012, 08:20:55 am »

Ok, I've officially deliberated this for too long. I'm gonna go with my gut here.

VOTE: AXXLE

Right now I'm feeling 60 - to 70 percent sure he's mafia. Obviously, that's what I'm hoping is true. Even if he comes up town, though, I feel like that will give us a lot good information. Tables' early "I trust Axxle" post, his feud with Galz, his votes on the pops and j bandwagons, etc. If Axxle comes up town, Galz, pops, theorel, and myself will all need to be examined in a new light. I see this making for a much more productive day 2.

J has been acting so suspicious that if we lynch him we learn nothing. Everyone who voted for him has reasons that are hard to argue with.

Still, and I hate to sound like a broken record, I don't believe j is mafia. I don't think he would play scum in such a light-hearted, cavalier way. It doesn't match up with anything I know about him. It matches up pretty well with him telling the truth about transparency and not watching his words because he has nothing to hide.

@Insomniac: I'm trying to use more line breaks. How's this?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: June 08, 2012, 08:21:56 am »

He does seem determined to change targets, and he's trying to do it in as straight, and calm a manner as he can. Almost feels rehearsed to me, not genuine at all. Well, the redirecting is, but his method doesn't.

Mafia Record:

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: June 08, 2012, 08:34:31 am »

No offense intended J - but you aren't exactly super credible in this game - every time I see you argue for harder for Axxle - I doubt myself.

Well that's... not by design. Whatever though. I'm not just going to stop playing the game because some people no longer trust my arguments.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

SwitchedFromStarcraft

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: June 08, 2012, 08:40:44 am »

Yes, because remember, Robz doesnt vote lightly!
Quote from: Donald X.
Posting begets posting.

Quote from: Asper
Donald X made me a design snob.

There is a sucker born every minute.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: June 08, 2012, 08:46:46 am »

hey pops, were you being flippant before or do you actually think Insomniac is scummy?

He/him

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: June 08, 2012, 09:15:55 am »

So tempted to vote...The "all" button went away on the thread.  I don't really see how you guys can use a user's profile to review only his Mafia IV posts (at least for Axxle).  I'm a little tired of re-reading the thread.  I think I could force myself to reread Axxle at least one more time if it was easy...

I thought Axxle was the most suspicious of Pops voters, and he's been more suspicious since then (in voting for j, trying to stir others up to the same, and in unvoting j...though he claims reasonability in everything).  I guess even I can get tired of abstract reasoning without any firm foundation, I apologize to those that I may have antagonized that just wanted something concrete.  I'm legitimately concerned about what will happen if he flips town, but maybe Pops' whole prism-thing will actually work reasonably in that case.

@Insomniac: Thanks for responding.

I want to hear from Green & Grujah.  I won't vote until at least one of them responds with something, even if it's another weak "I don't have anything to add".  Refer to my previous post if you want specific questions.

Also, is there anyone left who thinks there's something more to squeeze out of day1?  I'm ready for night to come, if for nothing else than to have a break.  But if anybody feels like more info can be gathered in the abstract stages of the game I'll hold off for you too.

Maybe while I wait, I'll find a better way to review posts, or get up enough willpower to slog through the thread.

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: June 08, 2012, 10:25:28 am »

One thing I wanted to mention is that if one or the other of Jo and Axxle is mafia, or neither is mafia... well, there is a good chance some of the mafia are sitting out the voting right now, waiting to see which bandwagon gets closest to hammer. Or maybe they aren't even going to vote, because why would they? They might not need to.

Right now, the people who haven't voted for anybody are Tables, Grujah, and Glooble. Insomniac, O, and Theorel have all voted for someone other than Jo and Axxle.

Insomniac and O have votes on Pops, which is something I understand, so I'm going to discount them here a bit. That leaves Tables, Glooble, Grujah, and Theorel. Other than Tables, I have gotten some funny vibes from all of these people. When we go hunting for 2nd and 3rd mafia (or possibly 1st mafia), this is a group I will be keeping my eye on.

Just food for thought. I'm starting to get anxious for this round to end. I don't plan to switch my vote, though.

I am trying to figure out how much sense this has. I mean, it does to extent (mainly the part where they it benefits them if they do not join any and still a townie dies). But it would seem to me that landing a hammer blow generates more heat, so joining a wagon earlier (any wagon) seems like a better idea. Even better if they spread their votes on both. Not saying that it is not possible, but that it isn't that much likely that they are riding BW.

I'll try to comment on everyone, even though I don't have strongly based opinion on most people.

1 - Galzria - seem to be actively scumhunting, interrogating and such. Town read.

2 - Dsell - Though he did post, I completely have no idea or what to form opinion on, not really feeling anything here, so slight scum.

3 - Insomniac - Not sure about this guy. Neutral, maybe slight scum. It might be the evil looking avatar.

4 - Robz888 - Ok, I for most considered Robz townie, as he seemed to be actively trying to scumhunt. What threw me off a lot is him going on how his vote is precious and he is slow on the trigger, and than he votes J quite easily.

5 - Captain_Frisk - He plays great, hunts/attacks/stuff like that, but there is just something, I don't know, gut feeling says slight scum read.

6 - O - He's been voting on his own, that kinda gives me slight town read.

7 - Axxle - Seems more scummy than J. What I particular didn't like was him backing off J than voting against him back (and general, seemingly erratic play).

8 - theorel -
Also, is there anyone left who thinks there's something more to squeeze out of day1?  I'm ready for night to come, if for nothing else than to have a break.  But if anybody feels like more info can be gathered in the abstract stages of the game I'll hold off for you too.

Ok, I get people want night to come and to see day 2, but this is the similar thing to that Axxle posted ("let's lynch quick and finish off") but said in a more politically correct way as, "I think we should lynch and finish it off.. but if you guys need more time.. suuuure". Though this doesn't mean much.  Still not sure on him, maybe little scummy?

9 - Glooble - Slight scum read.

10 - popsofctown - His SFS "he's good" thing aside, his posts 660, 669 give off a town read.

11 - Tables - Hmm.. We've agreed on some stuff (like Glooble-Theo-J backing up). Axxle's his most town read? hmm. Neutral, maybe slight town read.

12 - Grujah - Hi.

13 - jotheonah - Ok, this was some seriously bad play. I don't find it necessarily scummy, but I would cry over too much if he died, unlike glooble I don't think we learn nothing from his death, as him and theo have been protecting J and that gives us something depending on the flip.

14 - SwitchedFromStarcraft - slight town read.

15 - Green Opal - I agree with general consensus of not having a opinion.

I guess that's generally it.

Does someone know which people have been on BOTH of J and Axxle wagons?

Captain_Frisk

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: June 08, 2012, 10:41:32 am »

I have convinced theory to up the limit on "ALL".  He has set it at 10K posts.  Please do not abuse.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42] 43 44 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 20 queries.