Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 139  All

Author Topic: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (GAME OVER - MAFIA WINS!)  (Read 338345 times)

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia IV: Within These Estate Walls (DAY 1 START!)
« Reply #425 on: June 04, 2012, 10:23:01 pm »

It is damn hard to actually post a reply with the speed at which updates are flying.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 04, 2012, 10:23:47 pm »

In fact, if nothing else to get his attention: Vote: SwitchedFromStarcraft
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Axxle

• Torturer
  • Most Valuable Serial Killer
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 04, 2012, 10:28:18 pm »

No one voted me for being silent?  I'm just not as cool as SFS and Glooble I guess...ah well.  It does mean that I can respond to every accusatory post, since no one really cares.  And, I guess I'll die night 1, since no one really cares...:(
This strikes me as incredibly Vanilla Town, for whatever reason. Maybe something between the combination of "I don't understand why you're treating me differently" and just the right amount of resignment.
Although this can also warrant looking at who's been attacking SFS and Glooble since they might be Theorel's potential partners if he is mafia.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: June 04, 2012, 10:28:34 pm »

@Robz, why are you so worried about Pops? 5 is far from 8. I had forgotten Insomniac had voted way back when, but your suspicions that we band wagoned to join him are ludicrous. I believe O and myself have reasons for voting Pops. Both of us have expressed interest in JUST HEARING an explication. So I really don't understand your points or concerns for Pops.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: June 04, 2012, 10:30:06 pm »

In the future, when people ask me to give an example of a post I find to have the right mix of factors to make it suspicious in my view, I will point to this one:

And, that's the whole thread.  Now for a quick post before bed...

@Pops: I didn't mean to say I wasn't going to read the thread (although I guess I did say IF...put it up to frustration at number of posts to read (especially because I couldn't read some while waiting for code to run at work because I couldn't get on f.DS))  The IF was more of a IF I read it all before I post.

Okay, the rest:

No one voted me for being silent?  I'm just not as cool as SFS and Glooble I guess...ah well.  It does mean that I can respond to every accusatory post, since no one really cares.  And, I guess I'll die night 1, since no one really cares...:(  Maybe this day will last a long time, slow down a bit, and things will change.

Things directed at me:
I played mafia IRL in college a few times.  I enjoyed it, but enjoyed more reading Mafia I and II.  I decided I wanted to play a forum game, since I haven't in some time...here I am with no forum mafia experience.

Quicktopic is totally fine by me

Hmm...Pops is at 4, so he's unlikely to be mafia...IMO too quick to build.  Of course Axxle was willing to push it further (from 3 to 4 also) nvm he hit it to 5.  Hmm...Draw your own conclusions, I don't think Pops is acting scummy.  The question is who's pushing the bandwagon looking for scum, and who's scum trying to jump on?

Wonder how many posts will be up by the time I read tomorrow morning?

See how it hits all the bases: Immediately taking back something that caused the slightest friction? Check. Light humor? Check. Reminder of player's inexperience? Check. Substance-less commentary masquerading as substance? Check. Restated questions? Check. Emoticon? Almost.

I don't mean to pick on you, Theorel. Glad to have you in the game, and thanks for doing all that reading. But... these posts make me suspicious, because they are easy posts for a mafia to make. If I had to pick a template for what your average mafia-person would say in this game, it would look like this.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 04, 2012, 10:30:58 pm »

No one voted me for being silent?  I'm just not as cool as SFS and Glooble I guess...ah well.  It does mean that I can respond to every accusatory post, since no one really cares.  And, I guess I'll die night 1, since no one really cares...:(
This strikes me as incredibly Vanilla Town, for whatever reason. Maybe something between the combination of "I don't understand why you're treating me differently" and just the right amount of resignment.
Although this can also warrant looking at who's been attacking SFS and Glooble since they might be Theorel's potential partners if he is mafia.

As I just posted, it gives me the exact opposite read.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 04, 2012, 10:31:16 pm »

WAAAY to early to be talking about partners IMO. You'll go mad. Plus, don't forget - there are Masons. So play that appears collaborative, could be Masoney.

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 04, 2012, 10:32:48 pm »

@Robz, why are you so worried about Pops? 5 is far from 8. I had forgotten Insomniac had voted way back when, but your suspicions that we band wagoned to join him are ludicrous. I believe O and myself have reasons for voting Pops. Both of us have expressed interest in JUST HEARING an explication. So I really don't understand your points or concerns for Pops.

I'm not concerned for Pops. I'm concerned about who is voting Pops, and why. Many of you have good reasons--and many of you voiced them. But a couple people just kind of got in there to register a vote. You don't think it was odd? I don't think it was odd of YOU, Galzria. You vote all the time.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 04, 2012, 10:33:21 pm »

I have no reason to believe there are any scum on the bandwagon ATM. Maybe Grujah.

He/him

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: June 04, 2012, 10:35:01 pm »

I have no reason to believe there are any scum on the bandwagon ATM. Maybe Grujah.

Well, Grujah was also the one who stuck out to me. I didn't have the order straight of who voted when regarding O, so now that I see when his vote came in, it's not as odd.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: June 04, 2012, 10:37:17 pm »

Well, Grujah was also the one who stuck out to me. I didn't have the order straight of who voted when regarding O, so now that I see when his vote came in, it's not as odd.

And if you look back (I know things move quickly), I indicated that if Pops gives an explanation, I could see moving my vote to Gruj.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 04, 2012, 10:38:09 pm »

Anybody want to weigh in on what I said about Thoerel? His post really struck me, and Axxle had the opposite reaction from me.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 04, 2012, 10:38:33 pm »

Generally.

But my intention here was to purposly jump the bandwagon.

I mean, really?

Mafia Record:

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 04, 2012, 10:39:17 pm »

It's too obvious, and I don't think he's experienced enough to be double-bluffing us.

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 04, 2012, 10:41:15 pm »

As I just posted, it gives me the exact opposite read.
Logically I should have the same read as you.  But "for whatever reason" my gut says no.  I'm fine being wrong if enough other people are in agreement with you.  Or if he does something else that smacks of mafia.

I'll discuss where my vote goes after pops responds.
We might be from all over the world, but "we all talk this one language  : +1 card + 1 action +1 buy , gain , discard, trash... " - RTT

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: June 04, 2012, 10:41:21 pm »

Anybody want to weigh in on what I said about Thoerel? His post really struck me, and Axxle had the opposite reaction from me.

I didn't find it either tbh. I understand that some people don't realize what they're signing up for, especially with people like Me, J, Robz, Me, O, Me, and others driving the post count up at a million pages an hour.

Mafia Record:

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: June 04, 2012, 10:42:37 pm »

Fair enough.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: June 04, 2012, 10:42:58 pm »

It's too obvious, and I don't think he's experienced enough to be double-bluffing us.

I would agree if Robz hadn't called him out on his vote. Now, I'm not sure.

Mafia Record:

Axxle

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: June 04, 2012, 10:45:32 pm »

It may be my fault.  The article I linked to said "bandwagons are good, pressure is good, votes are good" and he probably took that to heart not knowing the negative stigma of bandwagons we've created in the past few games.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: June 04, 2012, 10:48:52 pm »

It may be my fault.  The article I linked to said "bandwagons are good, pressure is good, votes are good" and he probably took that to heart not knowing the negative stigma of bandwagons we've created in the past few games.

True, and fair point. I'm not in any way convinced that vote makes him Mafia. I just believe it's a fair place to look if Pops doesn't speak up, which I'm honestly thinking more and more as being a disengage tactic to try and get people to unvote, hoping he didn't give away enough for people to be SURE of him.

Mafia Record:

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: June 04, 2012, 10:51:00 pm »

@Robz, I see what you are saying. I also think it could be that he(?) is legitimately new, but he almost disproves that himself by saying he's played quite a bit before. And then as a point of interest, he says that he has followed M I & II, but does not mention reading Mafia III, where you made a big deal of denouncing as mafia-like posts exactly like what he just posted. Yeah, whether it's mafia or not, he is gonna learn fast that posts like that are cookie-cutter mafia. We apparently like really funny or really meaty, and that post was neither. I think it's too soon to draw any strong conclusions but I think he may be one to watch.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Dsell

• Saboteur
  • He/Him
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: June 04, 2012, 10:52:20 pm »

I just believe it's a fair place to look if Pops doesn't speak up, which I'm honestly thinking more and more as being a disengage tactic to try and get people to unvote, hoping he didn't give away enough for people to be SURE of him.

Yeah where is pops? He is online right now.
"Quiet you, you'll lynch Dsell when I'm good and ready" - Insomniac

Winner of Forum Survivor Season 2!

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: June 04, 2012, 10:52:33 pm »

@Me -
As I said when Rob called me out:
"I merely agree to Galz post (quoted one)."

"VOTE: POPSOFCTOWN

I'm interested in seeing where this leads, with my above suspicions as my reasonings."

I.E. I want to see Pops pressured, as his lack of explanation, rash and too-confident handling of SFS was strange.

@Theo -
I actually found his post #367 to be more-townie-likely (the game part not the lurking and not posting part). Though this accusation made against him (Axxl's) do give me and off-beat and make me weary. (Yeah, quite impressable here?)

Grujah

• Mountebank
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: June 04, 2012, 10:53:53 pm »

Pops is online for some time, he posted some short time ago in his Fan Expansion thread. (are things like this too metagame-y? I mean, things like following people on forum (or even Iso!))

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: June 04, 2012, 10:55:38 pm »

@Me -
As I said when Rob called me out:
"I merely agree to Galz post (quoted one)."

"VOTE: POPSOFCTOWN

I'm interested in seeing where this leads, with my above suspicions as my reasonings."

I.E. I want to see Pops pressured, as his lack of explanation, rash and too-confident handling of SFS was strange.

@Theo -
I actually found his post #367 to be more-townie-likely (the game part not the lurking and not posting part). Though this accusation made against him (Axxl's) do give me and off-beat and make me weary. (Yeah, quite impressable here?)

Ugh, yeah... I grown to myself and say "well he's mafia" every time anybody downplays their own abilities. "I'm new," you're allowed to say once. Once. This is the second time Grujah has called himself impressionable. If I say I find this highly suspect, will he agree with me?
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 139  All

Page created in 0.049 seconds with 20 queries.