Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Author Topic: Weekly Design Contest #190: Nintendominion  (Read 3385 times)

Augie279

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Augie279
  • f.ds's Resident Furry Trash™️
  • Respect: +494
    • View Profile
Re: Weekly Design Contest #190: Nintendominion
« Reply #25 on: June 16, 2023, 11:00:28 pm »
+2

Tiberium Crystal
$6
Treasure

$2
Gain a Tiberium Spore and a card costing up to 4. You may play this card immediately.

Which gets played immediately? The Crystal, the Spore, or the card costing up to $4?

I have no idea how many cards we can make for a WDC.
I usually only post one, but do we really have a limit?

I believe the consensus is that you can make as many as you want, but only one will be judged. Unless they're in combination or rely on each other. (split piles, stuff like Hermit/Madman and Tournament/Prizes, etc.)
they/them

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1445
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2023, 06:01:48 am »
+2

My take for this WDC; may change it if I have a better idea

Pelt trader
3$ Event
Do this any number of time: Trash a Treasure from your hand to gain a non-Treasure card costing up to $2 more than it.
(Inscryption)

Help you trash Coppers if there is a decent enough 2$ in the kingdom.
Give you Provinces in the late game if you've get some Gold previously.
Can have other combo (Masterpiece, Treasure map, Trader...) but I don't have them all...
(bc of my lack of talent at this game '-.-)

I think that this is too similar to Enhance and too strong. Especially the option to Remodel several Gold seems broken.

majiponi

• Jester
  • Respect: +734
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2023, 02:59:01 am »

Pelt trader
3$ Event
Do this any number of time: Trash a Treasure from your hand to gain a non-Treasure card costing up to $2 more than it.
(Inscryption)

Can have other combo (Masterpiece, Treasure map, Trader...) but I don't have them all...

I think that this is too similar to Enhance and too strong. Especially the option to Remodel several Gold seems broken.

Play 2 Priests as Chameleon, draw all, trash a Copper, discarding a Market Square, and we're in the richman's world!

segura

• Torturer
  • Respect: +1445
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 18, 2023, 10:57:00 am »
+2

Donkey Breeder
$4 - Action
+1 Buy
This turn, cards cost 1 less and when you do gain a non-Donkey card, gain a Donkey.

Donkey
$4 - Action
+3 Cards
+1 Action
Discard 2 cards. Return this to its pile.
(This is not in the Supply.)

The idea is from Settlers 2 where Donkeys help you with traffic congestion. The closest mechanical equivalent to this in Dominion is sifting, hence the one-shot Forums.
I am not sure whether the cards do too much (Buy, cost reduction, sifting).
« Last Edit: June 18, 2023, 11:12:29 am by segura »

majiponi

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 18, 2023, 11:05:38 am »
+1

Donkey Breeder
$4 - Action
+1 Buy
This turn, cards cost 1 less and when you a non-Donkey card, gain a Donkey.

Donkey
$4 - Action
+3 Cards
+1 Action
Discard 2 cards. Return this to its pile.
(This is not in the Supply.)

The idea is from Settlers 2 where Donkeys help you with traffic congestion. The closest mechanical equivalent to this in Dominion is sifting, hence the one-shot Forums.
I am not sure whether the cards do too much (Buy, cost reduction, sifting).

When do you gain a Donkey? Do what?

Violet CLM

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +448
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: June 18, 2023, 10:33:00 pm »
+6

Goes nicely with Wishing Well or Mystic. The same cannot be said for Menagerie or Harvest. Especially good for in-person games where you say every card's name out loud as you play it.

(from "Doki Doki Literature Club")
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 01:42:34 pm by Violet CLM »

fika monster

• Witch
  • 27 year old swedish guy. PFP by haps
  • Respect: +493
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2023, 04:29:02 am »

edit 2: Hopefully this works better

Etrian Odyssey
$3 Action

+1 Card
+1 Action
Trash a card from your hand. If it stayed trashed and cost $3 or more, gain +1 Buy and play this again.

You may spend 3 Buy to trash this. If you did, gain a loot to your hand.

Edit: tried to update the card so that it can't go infinite on some cards like fortress or the "play when trashed/discarded/gained" card.
The wording feels clumsy, but idk how to write it.
Also changed the prize gain to a wish and loot. May be too strong. But felt like it needed a buff after the edit

Edited card:
+1 Card
+1 Action
Reveal your hand and Trash a card from your hand that isn't in the trash. If it stayed trashed, play this again or gain an estate.

If you have 5 Actions after playing this, then trash this. If you did, gain a loot and wish to your hand.

My card is inspired by the Dungeon RPG series Etrian odyssey. Its a niche type of rpg where you dive into a deep dungeon, and try to get further and further and kill big bosses and enemies to gain loot, to get stronger. Its very easy to get tunnel vision in these games and go too far, only to die and lose a bunch of progress.

Hence, this card:

Etrian Odyssey.
Action, $3

+1 Card
+1 Action
Reveal your hand and trash a card from your hand costing $2 or more. If you did, then play this again or gain an estate.

If you have 5 Actions after playing this, then trash this. If you did, gain a loot or prize to your hand.

My goal with this card was to make a spin on the student card, and any card that you "play again". I dont think we see too many of those. I also wanted a card that makes use of the prizes from tournament, but without being reliant on Luck from drawing a province.

I also wanted to make a +1 Card +1 Action Trasher that isnt overpowered. It might be too similar to rats. I wanted some way to make the card stop so it doesnt massacre your deck, so you can choose to play it again or to gain an estate, which is usually bad.

« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 04:08:26 am by fika monster »
Swedish guy, Furry hipster otter

majiponi

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2023, 11:36:22 am »
+4

My card is inspired by the Dungeon RPG series Etrian odyssey. Its a niche type of rpg where you dive into a deep dungeon, and try to get further and further and kill big bosses and enemies to gain loot, to get stronger. Its very easy to get tunnel vision in these games and go too far, only to die and lose a bunch of progress.

Hence, this card:

Etrian Odyssey.
Action, $3

+1 Card
+1 Action
Reveal your hand and trash a card from your hand costing $2 or more. If you did, then play this again or gain an estate.

If you have 5 Actions after playing this, then trash this. If you did, gain a loot or prize to your hand.

My goal with this card was to make a spin on the student card, and any card that you "play again". I dont think we see too many of those. I also wanted a card that makes use of the prizes from tournament, but without being reliant on Luck from drawing a province.

I also wanted to make a +1 Card +1 Action Trasher that isnt overpowered. It might be too similar to rats. I wanted some way to make the card stop so it doesnt massacre your deck, so you can choose to play it again or to gain an estate, which is usually bad.

With Fortress, you can draw all!

Will(ow|iam)

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: willowhelmiam
  • Respect: +184
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2023, 04:44:05 pm »
+1

Hence, this card:

Etrian Odyssey.
Action, $3

+1 Card
+1 Action

Not technically all, only 5 cards at most before you have 5 actions and have to trash it.

RovingBear

• Scout
  • Respect: +66
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 19, 2023, 05:08:53 pm »
+1

Inspired by the infected stages from the Last of Us. the remodeling effects is supposed to be similar to the fungus growing and upgrading, as are the traveller stages themselves.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
  • Respect: +3235
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 19, 2023, 05:24:44 pm »

Flavor is on point. I just looked at the art and went "reminds me of the last of us" before reading the text.

LTaco

• Scout
  • Shuffle iT Username: LTaco
  • Respect: +127
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 19, 2023, 09:04:08 pm »
+2

I've played a lot of grand strategy games back when I was still in school. My most played of the bunch were Europa Universalis IV and Crusader Kings II. One prominent mechanic of those games is the Coalition (or similar concepts with other names, e.g. Defensive Pact). Many small nations form an alliance against a larger one that is displaying signs of aggression or overextension. In Dominion terms: Do you take the route of many cheap or few expensive Victory Cards?

In colony games, the break even point lies at $22 with 2 Colonies vs. Coalition (1VP + 2VP + 3VP + 4VP + 5VP = 15VP) +5 Estates (5VP) with 20 VP each.

4est

• Duke
  • Shuffle iT Username: 4est
  • Respect: +1455
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 19, 2023, 09:51:24 pm »

24 hours

majiponi

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 19, 2023, 10:57:40 pm »
+1

Hence, this card:

Etrian Odyssey.
Action, $3

+1 Card
+1 Action

Not technically all, only 5 cards at most before you have 5 actions and have to trash it.

No, I don't think so.

play Odyssey
- +1 Card, +1 Action
- trash Fortress
- before checking Actions left, replay Odyssey

after drawing all, checking happens
- trash Odyssey
- try to trash Odyssey again and fail

So Odyssey will be one-shot draw-all.

Augie279

• Conspirator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Augie279
  • f.ds's Resident Furry Trash™️
  • Respect: +494
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 19, 2023, 11:08:10 pm »
+2

Something to time right. You wanna snipe your opponent's last chance at getting a Province? You want to get a bit more VP while Duchy dancing? You wanna just buy this the first chance you get instead of a Province? Go for it, but think it through and use it well.
they/them

JW

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: JW
  • Respect: +1793
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 19, 2023, 11:18:01 pm »
+2

Something to time right. You wanna snipe your opponent's last chance at getting a Province? You want to get a bit more VP while Duchy dancing? You wanna just buy this the first chance you get instead of a Province? Go for it, but think it through and use it well.

I think that it would be correct to buy this as soon as you hit $8 in the vast majority of games.

fika monster

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2023, 03:46:58 am »

Edited

Edit: tried to update the card so that it can't go infinite on some cards like fortress or the "play when trashed/discarded/gained" card.
Also changed the prize gain to a wish and loot. May be too strong. But felt like it needed a buff after the edit

Edited card:
+1 Card
+1 Action
Reveal your hand and Trash a card from your hand that isn't in the trash. If it stayed trashed, play this again or gain an estate.

If you have 5 Actions after playing this, then trash this. If you did, gain a loot and wish to your hand.

Hence, this card:

Etrian Odyssey.
Action, $3

+1 Card
+1 Action

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5161
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2023, 04:14:09 am »
+4

Goes nicely with Wishing Well or Mystic. The same cannot be said for Menagerie or Harvest. Especially good for in-person games where you say every card's name out loud as you play it.
First Mate Monika approves of this card.

EDIT: This actually raises a rules question. If I play First Mate into Literature Club and then take Just Monika, can I play further Actions?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2023, 04:21:25 am by faust »
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

sumrex

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: sumrex84
  • Respect: +48
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2023, 06:33:14 am »

Very cool, but I honestly think a "All actions are ALSO named Monica would be cool, otherwise it kills other combos that rely on names."

AJL828

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: AJL828
  • Respect: +395
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2023, 12:02:24 pm »
+3

Edited card:
+1 Card
+1 Action

Hence, this card:

Etrian Odyssey.
Action, $3

+1 Card
+1 Action

I think this new version provides way too much of an advantage to whoever happens to draw it first. The first person to play this most of the time will be able to cantrip trash a Copper and Estate for the low price of $3 while the others just… can’t.
This can also autopile itself (in addition to gaining a ton of Loots) whenever the bottom half is triggered. You can spend the wish on another Etrian Odyssey, that can then gain another Wish + Loot, and so on.
Did you hear about the skyscraper with one really tall floor? I could tell you but it’s a long story…

Shael

• Bishop
  • Respect: +57
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 20, 2023, 02:08:17 pm »
+1

Pelt trader
3$ Event
(Inscryption)

I agree that turning multiple gold in one turn is quite scary, and this is why I've first asked on the dominion discord if the card was fine or not, and for them you have to work enough to reach this situation so that was ok. I think it may be because events are less limited in term of power than more "normal" cards (e.g. Delve).
Anyway, I'll ask them again to get more feedbacks since it seemed to be an issue.
¤ Post here your favorite fan-cards ¤ The Archive ¤ Witchcraft, a Potion & Exile themed Expansion ¤ Not so Soon ¤                                          

Violet CLM

• Moneylender
  • Respect: +448
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2023, 01:18:30 am »

First Mate Monika approves of this card.

EDIT: This actually raises a rules question. If I play First Mate into Literature Club and then take Just Monika, can I play further Actions?
I think so, but I've gone back and forth on this question several times now. As First Mate is written...... probably? There's not a huge amount of difference between playing the two cards in one order vs. the other order, I suppose, it's +1 action more or less.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2023, 01:40:39 pm by Violet CLM »

fika monster

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2023, 03:51:49 am »

Edited card:
+1 Card
+1 Action

Hence, this card:

Etrian Odyssey.
Action, $3

+1 Card
+1 Action

I think this new version provides way too much of an advantage to whoever happens to draw it first. The first person to play this most of the time will be able to cantrip trash a Copper and Estate for the low price of $3 while the others just… can’t.
This can also autopile itself (in addition to gaining a ton of Loots) whenever the bottom half is triggered. You can spend the wish on another Etrian Odyssey, that can then gain another Wish + Loot, and so on.

asdasdasda

Thanks for the feedback, will try to salvage the card.

fika monster

• Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2023, 04:08:45 am »

Edited again

Etrian Odyssey
$3 Action

+1 Card
+1 Action
Trash a card from your hand. If it stayed trashed and cost $3 or more, gain +1 Buy and play this again.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
  • Respect: +5161
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2023, 04:41:29 am »
+1

Edited again

Etrian Odyssey
$3 Action

+1 Card
+1 Action

Well, this is now a cantrip trasher+, for $3.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All

Page created in 2.706 seconds with 21 queries.