Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 49  All

Author Topic: M134: Conference Call Mafia V 2.0 - Game Over - Skum Wins!  (Read 118605 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: M134: Conference Call Mafia V 2.0 - Day 4!
« Reply #1000 on: March 24, 2021, 05:27:51 pm »

Wow, we're pretty much all prodable now. I know people are waiting around for me to post, but it's been a busy couple of days, and my attention is split.

I'm a bit surprised that nobody else is saying anything at all. Surely not everyone else feels like they're safe from the NK? Anyway, I have from now till deadline free at least. Though I've only just remembered I'm still only 4 hours ahead and not 5, so it's actually quite close.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1001 on: March 24, 2021, 05:47:17 pm »

Dylan re-read, with a strong "what if he's scum" sort of bias:

Early game vote on Mathdude, and a bunch of engagement with the concept of RVS.
Then goes on the post a bunch about stuff like the Space Gambit. It isn't too relevant to the game at that point, and isn't going to help with alignment, but on the flipside, it's getting conversation moving early on, so only really a source of scumpoints in a retrospective re-read where I'm looking for reasons Dylan might not be townie.
Ash made a post at #129 townreading MiX, Mathdude and gkrieg (and voting Joth). Dylan picked up on that in the very next post because gkrieg hadn't really said anything to warrant a change in opinion on his alignment. That's kind of a scum-hunting post, but also we now know that Ash's townreads were all good, so it's something scum would worry about. He did kind of back down at #145, after Ash gave a good response.
#146 now seems to be expressing suspicion on Joth. So now Dylan pivots from questioning Ash to joining him on putting pressure on Joth.
#152 Specific comments inviting MiX to put an EFHW case forward, which is interesting. I'm not sure whether to take it as a townie admission of lack of info, or a scummy "there's no case on EFHW" defensive case, or an alternatively-scummy challenge to MiX to build an EFHW case that scum can then utilise.
#178 Re-votes Mathdude, this time making it clear it's for a scumread rather than RVS. Though for vote count purposes, Dylan still remains the instigator of the wagon, since this was just a re-vote. However, it serves to get the thread talking about mathdude being scummy, especially because it looked like the third such vote in four posts. (For context, Mathdude had dropped a protest vote on me for low activity).
#196 Quite a long post engaging with MiX basically about why Mathdude is scummy, and it's scummy for MiX to suggest that voting there is scummy.
#219 Responding to my post at #218, which was trying to be a gentle reminder that being a newbie here is tough because there's a big learning curve around what the community sees as scummy vs what actually necessarily comes from a scum mindset. Dylan's response was basically that too many people are willing to defend Mathdude. This could just be a totally misguided town tunnel on a newbie, but if so, Dylan's being really blinkered by not even trying to absorb the defenses he's complaining that other people are putting forward.
#287 Keen to squash a possible Robz town-slip.
#289-#290 Lots of reasoning about Robz, with an undertone of worrying about what powers scum will have picked. It's too early for town to be really worrying about what's out there, but hard to say now whether his interest in scum powers is just idle curiosity or if it's because he's on the scummy side.
#365 Like MiX, Dylan claims to have jumped to a conclusion about how Mathdude must be fakeclaiming. We know MiX's was a lie, and that he didn't really think Mathdude was scum fake-claiming, but does Dylan actually believe it, or is he also lying to town in order to lock in the mixile?
#371 Hedgey defence of MiX, in encouragement of the Mathdude exile. No townpoints from me there.
#373 I'm very much not a fan of a post that starts "Wait a second" and then just piles more on the wagon instead of waiting even a fraction of a second...
#386 Weird post-hammer words to Mathdude about why he can't point to anything he did wrong, whereas before, Dylan was really pushing the "bad claim" line.

Day 2
#401: Happily jumps on the MiX wagon with me. I kind of give that townpoints, but not many.
#406: Says he originally thought Mathdude was claiming Vig, before following MiX's lead and reading traitor. We now know that MiX also read Vig initially, but deliberately didn't say so in-thread.
Quite a long absence, then a catch-up post at #555, which sounds really quite reasonable and non-scummy. After-note: I may have been buttered up by his accurate explanation to MiX of why he was just so un-followable this game.
Another long absence, then a small note to the thread at #702 saying he's busy. I can definitely sympathise.
#712 Unvotes MiX, and stays not voting until EoD2, which is disappointingly non-committal, but also probably better than a bad vote if he really didn't have the capacity to engage. Slight scumbells, especially since he was watching and commenting at #743 and #760, saying he was going off a gkrieg exile, but not making any move to offer an alternative by voting anywhere else. The hammer was at #768.

Day 3
#808 Biggish defense of why he stated D1 that he wanted to wait for what Mathdude said, but didn't unvote so that Mathdude wasn't poised at E-1. I think faust had a decent point.
Note: If EFHW's scum then #806 was a bus putting Dylan up to be the leading early-D3 wagon. However, EFHW then uses Dylan's post to say she's now townreading Dylan and scumreading faust. If they're a scum pairing then it's quite nice playing on EFHW's part because she's actively responding to content posted by faust in D3, quite possibly with no cooperation from Dylan if she was indeed the traitor.
#813 Says the risk of quickhammers seemed low in general, which implies that he actually considered it at the time, which just feels like a bit too much detail to give retrospectively.
#814: "I was thinking EFHW might be scum, but I'm not sure if scum!EFHW would have unvoted me right there like that." -- honestly with a decent scum-suspicion on the Dylan-EFHW pairing, this sounds like well-placed distancing, since of course scum!EFHW would want to make exactly the performance she made of unvoting Dylan for townreading him.
#848 another catching-up post. Oddly many mentions of EFHW, who at this point may still be an unrecruited traitor. Even if my traitor theory is off the mark, they could still both have been scum from the start, just with EFHW putting down particular weird votes with respect to mcmc.
#889 puts faust to E-1, which is something scum would want to do on a wagon that is being run up by town.

Day 4
#960 Comes back briefly about having been on vacation. It's true he said in-thread that he was making travel plans, but also I think it was quite easy to miss.
#961-#969 stream of catching-up posts. Picks up on my note about Didds being the only other off-Mathdude person left, with relation to whether scum really thought Mathdude was the traitor. Does a Didds re-read. I'll leave D6's alive townies to think through the wifom implications of that, given that I think I support Dylan as the D5 exile.
#985 Jumps onto the no-Exile wagon, which I think is clearly a bonus for scum.
Also #985, makes a possible scumslip in "but then I remembered that the traitor wasn't recruited N0".
#986 Immediately corrects the possible scumslip, with a plausible-sounding cover story, but it's still out there, and I think we really should consider that Dylan-EFHW is a decent possibility.
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1002 on: March 24, 2021, 05:50:59 pm »

Vote Count 4.Final:

No Exile (1): Dylan32
Not Voting (5): WestCoastDidds, EFHW, SpaceAnenome, Joth, Ashersky

With 6 alive it would of taken 4 to Exile.
Night 4 starts now and ends Friday, March 26th at 5:50pm.
Please submit Night Actions within 36 hours.

** You may post for an early night phase in your QT. If 100% of players does this, Night will end on March 25th at 5:50pm.

THREAD LOCKED!
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: March 26, 2021, 05:53:25 pm »

Another day dawns on this conference call that seems to just keep on going. The town's attempt to stop the violence only lasted until the night. As the remaning members log onto their usual call, they notice that there is one person missing...

Ashersky has been killed! They were Ashersky, the Vanilla Townie.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1004 on: March 26, 2021, 05:53:48 pm »

Vote Count 5.0:

Not Voting (5): WestCoastDidds, EFHW, SpaceAnenome, Joth, Dylan32

With 5 alive it takes 3 to Exile.
Day 5 starts now and ends Friday, April 2nd at 5:53pm Forum Time.

THREAD UNLOCKED!
real good. That’s how

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: M134: Conference Call Mafia V 2.0 - Day 5!
« Reply #1005 on: March 26, 2021, 08:18:53 pm »

Huh...that was unexpected.

Okay, Space....I am ride or die with you.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1006 on: March 26, 2021, 09:27:03 pm »

Huh...that was unexpected.

Okay, Space....I am ride or die with you.

Ok, this feels scummy. Like Space was about the only person that was universally townread to my memory, to the point that it's a bit suspicious that they weren't killed, especially if there was nothing we could do to interfere with the kill. I don't think that's strong enough evidence to completely cancel out my townread on Space, but my first instinct seeing ash instead of Space was "hold up, am I missing something." WCD's first reaction is "I'll follow along with whatever Space says."  In (what's the new replacement for LYLO?), this confidence sheeping someone definitely feels more like scum buddying someone that they know has bad reads that they can follow to an easy win.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1007 on: March 26, 2021, 09:52:26 pm »

Nah... I just made a list of who I thought I could trust and Space is at the top.

I figure scum knows that Space is being universally town read, and they either kill them or leave them alive in order to generate suspicion. Me saying I am ride or die with them is saying that didn’t work....I am not suspicious.

At this point, scum is all about raising new suspicions and casting doubt. So, you trying to throw  shade on me is exactly what I expected to see. Your buddy will likely back you up before too long. You only have to get one misexile off to win.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1008 on: March 26, 2021, 09:59:08 pm »

Nah... I just made a list of who I thought I could trust and Space is at the top.

I figure scum knows that Space is being universally town read, and they either kill them or leave them alive in order to generate suspicion. Me saying I am ride or die with them is saying that didn’t work....I am not suspicious.

At this point, scum is all about raising new suspicions and casting doubt. So, you trying to throw  shade on me is exactly what I expected to see. Your buddy will likely back you up before too long. You only have to get one misexile off to win.

You will note that I'm not, nor did I say Space was scummy. I said my gut reaction was of doubt, but that I don't think that was enough to overcome the strong townread I had, for exactly the WIFOM reason you just said. I think you are scum, which honestly is consistent with what I was thinking before because of PoE. joth is towny (or at the very least not mcmc's partner), and Space was towny. I'm town, so to me that leaves you and EFHW.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: March 26, 2021, 10:01:39 pm »

If it's not actually you Didds, then you need to convince me why it's Joth instead of you if we agree Space is town.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: March 27, 2021, 12:31:33 am »

Huh. Well ash being town blows all my reads of the game out of the water. I feel very much at square one. I think I need to do some re-reads and wagon analysis tomorrow (technically today).
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: March 27, 2021, 08:36:07 am »

If it's not actually you Didds, then you need to convince me why it's Joth instead of you if we agree Space is town.

I think I disagree. I think is in our collective best interest to towncore, so figuring out who is town is better for us than trying to figure out who is scum. So, I’m thinking everyone should layout why they are town and how their actions and votes have been town, might be more valuable than trying to find scum because thus far we have been ridiculously terrible at finding scum.

I’ve just started thinking about it last night, so maybe there are reasons this is not a good idea, but right now I kind of like it.

What do y’all think?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: March 27, 2021, 08:50:14 am »

So, here is my list of friend to foe

WCD
Space
Dylan—Joth
EFHW

I’ll work on a post later about my game and votes this far and why they are evidence of my towniness. I think everyone else should do the same.

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: March 27, 2021, 09:15:36 am »

[qu ;Dote author=WestCoastDidds link=topic=20694.msg865311#msg865311 date=1616809946]

[/quote]
That last paragraph is pretty good scum play if Didds is scum. One thing though. She says "expected." She has thought this through in detail. Not her usual approach. 

I do like the towncore idea, though. Will work on mine.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: March 27, 2021, 09:18:26 am »

It would be hilarious if Didds and Dylan were scum partners having this conversation.  But I think the scumteam is her and joth.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: March 27, 2021, 09:20:09 am »

Why can't it be both of them? This comment is confusing.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: March 27, 2021, 09:24:54 am »

Ok, it makes more sense in conjunction with the previous post. It seemed odd that he was apparently considering me obv!scum without having mentioned it.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: March 27, 2021, 10:38:59 am »

That last paragraph is pretty good scum play if Didds is scum. One thing though. She says "expected." She has thought this through in detail. Not her usual approach. 

I do like the towncore idea, though. Will work on mine.

I’m not sure that anticipating that scum would come out of the gate trying to frame me is scummy. Space has so much goodwill that it would be way harder case. I know that I’m town, so I expect to have to defend that because scum will have decided their person they are gunning for in terms of misexile, and I think I’m probably a pretty good target.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: March 27, 2021, 11:43:45 am »

Ok, it makes more sense in conjunction with the previous post. It seemed odd that he was apparently considering me obv!scum without having mentioned it.

So I don't necessarily have a strong case for obv!scum you, but off of PoE, for me with the assumption Space is town, it's 2 of {EFHW, Didds, Joth}. I think joth is less likely than either of you but not impossible. So if Didds and I are actually both town, that would mean EFHW+joth. The same comment could be directed to you EFHW about why is it joth instead of you.

I think I disagree. I think is in our collective best interest to towncore, so figuring out who is town is better for us than trying to figure out who is scum. So, I’m thinking everyone should layout why they are town and how their actions and votes have been town, might be more valuable than trying to find scum because thus far we have been ridiculously terrible at finding scum.

I’ve just started thinking about it last night, so maybe there are reasons this is not a good idea, but right now I kind of like it.

What do y’all think?

There's so few people left, scum hunting and towncoring are kind of the same thing. Like I said, I don't have a big overarching case (yet) for why you and EFHW are scum, but my townreads are stronger on Space and joth, which by PoE leaves you and EFHW, which is essentially towncoring. Of course, I haven't made a case for those reads yet, so I guess I do need to write that up later. It's worth noting you did just try to shift the convo away from scumhunting as you get accused of saying something scummy.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: March 27, 2021, 03:27:03 pm »

What do y’all think?

There's so few people left, scum hunting and towncoring are kind of the same thing. Like I said, I don't have a big overarching case (yet) for why you and EFHW are scum, but my townreads are stronger on Space and joth, which by PoE leaves you and EFHW, which is essentially towncoring. Of course, I haven't made a case for those reads yet, so I guess I do need to write that up later. It's worth noting you did just try to shift the convo away from scumhunting as you get accused of saying something scummy.

I am only trying to shift the conversation away from scumhunting because I think we suck at it? I am saying that I think it is more important for me to demonstrate the ways that I am town (and I want everyone else to do it too) instead of trying to prove why Joth is scum instead of me.  I think we have, as the town group, been spectacularly bad at finding scum. So lets try to find town. That isn't meant to dissuade anyone else from doing whatever they want to do, but asking me to make a case for why Joth is scum is rough.  I find both him and you super ambiguous.

So, why are you town Dylan? How are you more town than Joth? Space has suggested that you and EHFW are the most likely scum pair.  What causes you to disagree with that?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1020 on: March 27, 2021, 03:39:39 pm »

There's some low hanging fruit we haven't picked yet. For instance, who was ash most suspecting? Obvious as it is, that's very much something scum is considering with a kill this late in the game. My memory is that he was somewhat focused on EFHW, though I don't think he was the biggest fan of me either.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: March 27, 2021, 07:13:45 pm »

Just checking in! I like that suddenly everybody else is saying things, after how dead it was at the end of the game day. I support Didds's suggestion of everyone giving a town-case on themselves. However, I also think that with so few players left, it's worth each person thinking through all the likely scum pairings and seeing what does and doesn't seem to fit everyone's play as they've observed it.

For example, I think Joth-EFHW is still a really unlikely pairing, because either full-scum!mcmc decided to vote full-scum!Joth for most of D1 in spite of the fact he doesn't seem to bus at all in the most recent scum games of his that I could find, or it means that somehow full-scum!mcmc and full-scum!EFHW decided to be the only two people pushing a wagon on scum!Joth (either full-scum or traitor) for 80 votes, before EFHW moved back to the Mathdude wagon. A possible narrative for that could almost b that they wanted to build an alternative wagon that wasn't EFHW, since she was also at 2 votes at that point, and maybe they'd rather have a non-scum be the main alternative to the newbie. But if that's the case, then why not both just pick one of the wagons that already had a townie on it to support instead?

Anyway, my paragraph above doesn't make Joth-EFHW a total impossibility, but it's a weird thing that would need to be explained by anyone trying to say that Joth-EFHW is their top pick for scums. I'd quite like to tabulate the "weird things" for each possible pairing, rather than just considering individual players now, because even if we can only exile people one at a time, the actual reality is that there is a particular set of two who're working together, and at least one of those two was aware of scum!mcmc from the start.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: March 28, 2021, 02:27:46 pm »

Vote Count 5.1:

Not Voting (5): WestCoastDidds, EFHW, SpaceAnenome, Joth, Dylan32

With 5 alive it takes 3 to Exile.
Day 5 starts now and ends Friday, April 2nd at 5:53pm Forum Time.
real good. That’s how

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: March 28, 2021, 03:03:51 pm »

I just reread the entire thread. I've decided I don't want to exile joth, but Didds is the only one I actually see as scummy. But I have to pick 2 somehow. I hesitate to give Space town status because of their driving the faust exile. Certainly they have put in considerable effort and made good points along the way. Dylan is mostly quite towny, but he also voted faust, without a reason, maybe had a scumslip. A bunch of little things that could go either way, depending on how biased one feels when reading, like the unnecessary no exile vote.

Scum to chum: Didds, Dylan, Space, joth

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: March 28, 2021, 03:12:09 pm »

I was going to do a town case on myself, but I'm so clearly biased. Anyone could take the opposite viewpoints of anything I might point out. I don't have evidence, like a result or hammering scum. So I did the reread instead, which took several hours.
Pages: 1 ... 39 40 [41] 42 43 ... 49  All

Page created in 0.582 seconds with 16 queries.