Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 84  All

Author Topic: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Game Over, Scum and Treasure Hunter win!)  (Read 199283 times)

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #850 on: May 02, 2020, 06:42:15 pm »

Alright, so Galzria.

First, I mentioned yesterday that he hasn't been scumhunting that much.  I tried to compile all the times he's said anything remotely like scumhunting: here (FoS on people for using the 1v1 and an unexplained vote on ADK), here (lists people for "various, individual reasons", but doesn't explain of those reasons), here (the one good one where he gives a case on ADK), and here (where he says he likes the Awaclus lynch more).  There is not much scumhunting at all from him.

What the hell is fence-sitting. Don't you dare introduce big boy words without an explanation.

PPE: Galz, that's exactly what I'm saying. Vote skip with me.

I have a preference if it comes down to one or the other. I’m not stating which that is at this time however.

This post here (which he repeats) seems like a cop-out.  "Oh, I don't want to give my opinion yet because I don't want to have an opinion yet, I'll just pretend to keep it a secret."

Fairly minor, but claiming what you have is anti-town in my opinion.

I've already said this, but I'm not really buying his new explanation that he's giving today for his arguments yesterday.  It just feels like scum came together last night and were like, "Hey, here's a good idea.  Say this is why you argued against it!" and then he started using that today.  He could have said yesterday that he had reasons that he thought two people needing the same item didn't need to be opposing factions, but he instead went on a rampage about good design.

And, of course, if one of skip/mail-mi is scum, Galz looks even more scummy.  But even if they aren't, then all of what I just said above still stands.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #851 on: May 02, 2020, 07:15:53 pm »

There was something new in the air that day. The previous night’s murder had everyone on edge. And when people are on edge, they don’t trust strangers.

After the... incident with the fruit vendor, that cute little cafe had been shut down by the health inspector (turns out brutal stabbings are okay, but turning around and using the same knife to chop a cucumber is a bridge too far.) So I headed to the only other brunch spot in town- a run-down little diner called Jimmy’s. I had just sat down at a greasy little booth when a familiar dame walked in. I hadn’t seen that face in years, but suddenly the memories came flooding back. I didn’t know what she was doing here, but I knew it couldn’t be a coincidence.

Vote count 2.2:

mail-mi (2): A Drowned Kernel, MiX, LaLight
Galzria (1): sudgy
Not voting (10): mail-mi, Galzria, shraeye, WestCoastDidds, scolapasta, jotheonah, faust, Joseph2302, Eevee

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 2 will end at 2 pm ET on Wednesday, May 6th.

« Last Edit: May 02, 2020, 08:26:56 pm by Glooble »

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #852 on: May 02, 2020, 07:22:45 pm »

There was something new in the air that day. The previous night’s murder had everyone on edge. And when people are on edge, they don’t trust strangers.

After the... incident with the fruit vendor, that cute little cafe had been shut down by the health inspector (turns out brutal stabbings are okay, but turning around and using the same knife to chop a cucumber is a bridge too far.) So I headed to the only other brunch spot in town- a run-down little diner called Jimmy’s. I had just sat down at a greasy little booth when a familiar dame walked in. I hadn’t seen that face in years, but suddenly the memories came flooding back. I didn’t know what she was doing here, but I knew it couldn’t be a coincidence.

Vote count 2.2:

mail-mi (2): A Drowned Kernel, MiX, LaLight
Not voting (11): mail-mi, Galzria, shraeye, WestCoastDidds, scolapasta, jotheonah, faust, Joseph2302, sudgy, Eevee

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch. Day 2 will end at 2 pm ET on Wednesday, May 6th.

I'm voting Galzria.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 02, 2020, 07:26:53 pm »

One thing I want to know about setup is how town PRs work*. i.e. as I hypothesized at one point that people who have town PRs can only do things if they get their needed item.

* I'm not saying anyone can answer me directly, because they may not want to reveal their PR

But it does seem likely scum can do things without items. I mean several blocks and steals happened on N1. Unless town could do that without items, of course.

I also was planning on calling out whoever first posted about scum being able to steal and block early in D1, but it turns out that was recently departed DatSwan. :(

so my case on skip continues:

So if scum can do things, wouldn't it make sense for them to claim the same item (and then role) as someone else and then block them from getting it.

I will be sad if we don't lynch one of skip or mail-mi today, or maybe galz. We should have yesterday, before so many moved to awaclus (including all three of the above).
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 02, 2020, 07:31:32 pm »

Also joth, was the you needed both the codebook and notebook to decode correct? Are both items that can be passed? Could anyone decode if they had both items? or just you?

Is this at all tied in with a PR or will this just provide us with some info?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: May 02, 2020, 07:36:04 pm »

I tried to give mail-mi the rope, but I was somehow blocked and the rope was stolen from me. I think it's probable whoever stole the rope is scum, and that they aren't the same faction as mail-mi (why would they stop me from giving him the rope if they were?), reinforcing my belief that mail-mi is probably town.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why do you think that scum would think that you had the rope?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: May 02, 2020, 08:10:13 pm »

One thing I want to know about setup is how town PRs work*. i.e. as I hypothesized at one point that people who have town PRs can only do things if they get their needed item.

* I'm not saying anyone can answer me directly, because they may not want to reveal their PR

But it does seem likely scum can do things without items. I mean several blocks and steals happened on N1. Unless town could do that without items, of course.

I also was planning on calling out whoever first posted about scum being able to steal and block early in D1, but it turns out that was recently departed DatSwan. :(

so my case on skip continues:

So if scum can do things, wouldn't it make sense for them to claim the same item (and then role) as someone else and then block them from getting it.

I will be sad if we don't lynch one of skip or mail-mi today, or maybe galz. We should have yesterday, before so many moved to awaclus (including all three of the above).
There could also be town blocking people (and they've been trying to block scum), or maybe a third faction (like a SK or something that can block)
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: May 02, 2020, 08:32:47 pm »

My item was stolen and eevee’s item was stolen. So, if it’s scum, that’s kind of a lot of stealing power.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: May 02, 2020, 10:16:58 pm »

I did not recieve fruit.

I did send joth the notebook and I have it mod confirmed that he got it, which anyway, he claimed to have received it, but it may be useful in the future to know that people get confirmation that their gifting was successful.

I do not have the rope.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 02, 2020, 10:30:11 pm »

My item was stolen and eevee’s item was stolen. So, if it’s scum, that’s kind of a lot of stealing power.
It's interesting that my item wasn't stolen. Were there any other items that were public information and weren't stolen? I don't remember.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: May 02, 2020, 10:56:20 pm »

I don’t remember either. I need to go back and make some notes, but that will have to wait until I’m back at “work”.

I assume LL still has his item and that it was not stolen.

Mine was stolen on my way to give it away. Eevee, was yours also hijacked en route?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 02, 2020, 11:15:48 pm »

I did not recieve fruit.

I did send joth the notebook and I have it mod confirmed that he got it, which anyway, he claimed to have received it, but it may be useful in the future to know that people get confirmation that their gifting was successful.

I do not have the rope.

Hmm. I don't believe I got confirmation that my gifting was received.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 02, 2020, 11:35:08 pm »

I did not recieve fruit.

I do not have the rope.

Me neither.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: May 03, 2020, 12:06:07 am »

I did not recieve fruit.

I do not have the rope.

Me neither.
Looking back in my qt, I realize it might be because I asked glooble. He only told me after I asked.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: May 03, 2020, 05:38:16 am »

I tried to give mail-mi the rope, but I was somehow blocked and the rope was stolen from me. I think it's probable whoever stole the rope is scum, and that they aren't the same faction as mail-mi (why would they stop me from giving him the rope if they were?), reinforcing my belief that mail-mi is probably town.

Maybe I'm missing something, but why do you think that scum would think that you had the rope?
I don’t. That’s why I’m assuming it’s more likely they somehow targeted anyone targeting mail-mi with a giving action and got me that way.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 03, 2020, 05:39:26 am »

was yours stolen when trying to give it away?
my flavor strongly implied i’d still have the rope if i didn’t try to gift it.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: May 03, 2020, 05:40:27 am »

I don’t remember either. I need to go back and make some notes, but that will have to wait until I’m back at “work”.

I assume LL still has his item and that it was not stolen.

Mine was stolen on my way to give it away. Eevee, was yours also hijacked en route?
Heh, sorry, posted my question before reading the whole thread. Same happened to
me.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 03, 2020, 07:42:44 am »

Let's go over the logic: if scum targeted mail-mi with a "steal everything they get", that means they need the rope. Which means skip is scum.

The only reason I'm not voting there is because I think you're scum with mail-mi, but I just realized that makes no sense.

Vote: skip

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: May 03, 2020, 07:43:22 am »

I don’t. That’s why I’m assuming it’s more likely they somehow targeted anyone targeting mail-mi with a giving action and got me that way.

I quoted the wrong thing...whatever.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: May 03, 2020, 08:01:07 am »

that does make sense.

on the other hand, other people having stuff stolen too would indicate there is some unusual mechanic in play here.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: May 03, 2020, 08:04:58 am »

that does make sense.

on the other hand, other people having stuff stolen too would indicate there is some unusual mechanic in play here.
I thought this being labeled bastard was already plenty indication that there is some unusual mechanic in play.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: May 03, 2020, 08:13:33 am »

Unusual mechanic that pertains to night actions getting blocked.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 03, 2020, 09:37:38 am »

Same! I was pickpocketed on my way!

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: May 03, 2020, 09:54:14 am »

Glooble town is a rough place!

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 03, 2020, 10:25:05 am »

This makes me believe that Didds is town too, stealing items seeming like a scum power. Could be different scum factions of course, so not definitive but pretty strong evidence.
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.245 seconds with 16 queries.