Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 84  All

Author Topic: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Game Over, Scum and Treasure Hunter win!)  (Read 199196 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #800 on: May 01, 2020, 08:13:49 pm »

I wonder if there is two of every role, but only enough stuff for one person to use it.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #801 on: May 01, 2020, 08:37:16 pm »

I received an item, but I wasn't told who from
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #802 on: May 01, 2020, 08:39:43 pm »

I wonder if there is two of every role, but only enough stuff for one person to use it.

Based on the wording of my role, I can (mostly, unless Glooble is trolling me) confirm that I’m not the only one of my role in the game (it’s possible there are more than 2 - but a specific phrasing suggests exactly 2). Hence my belief that Mail-Mi/Skip doesn’t necessarily equal 1v1 - however, I very much believe that my “counter” player/power is scum.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #803 on: May 01, 2020, 08:40:58 pm »

Based on the wording of my role, I can (mostly, unless Glooble is trolling me) confirm that I’m not the only one of my role in the game (it’s possible there are more than 2 - but a specific phrasing suggests exactly 2). Hence my belief that Mail-Mi/Skip doesn’t necessarily equal 1v1 - however, I very much believe that my “counter” player/power is scum.

I believe this is correct based on everything I know.

And obviously scum stole Didds' thing, but I think that was obvious.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #804 on: May 01, 2020, 09:31:37 pm »

Interesting. I had no idea that I had a matching role. I mean, if that's more common, it would make it way too easy to just say "lynch one of the 1v1s" and find all the scum that way. So skip being a counterpart in no way means he's scum.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #805 on: May 01, 2020, 10:28:26 pm »

Joseph, did you receive part of a useful item last night?
I received an item yes
What makes you think that it would be useful to me?

I don't want to say too much yet, but given what you said you wanted, I was thinking what I had was a part of it.  I was going to say that if it was useful, anybody else who has a similar part should probably give it to you.  But if it's not, then it doesn't matter.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #806 on: May 01, 2020, 10:29:52 pm »

I am leaning more town vs town on skip vs mail-mi, but I could still see one of them being scum (from a design standpoint).  I am even less on the "two people with the same role must be a 1v1" train now that it looks like it's more common.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #807 on: May 01, 2020, 10:30:37 pm »

Why didn't you say this yesterday?  It might have been helpful.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #808 on: May 01, 2020, 10:38:08 pm »

Why didn't you say this yesterday?  It might have been helpful.

I think the reason is pretty obvious - and it’s not as if I didn’t argue hard for the conclusion of this knowledge.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #809 on: May 01, 2020, 10:39:39 pm »

Interesting. I had no idea that I had a matching role. I mean, if that's more common, it would make it way too easy to just say "lynch one of the 1v1s" and find all the scum that way. So skip being a counterpart in no way means he's scum.

Definitely interesting thoughts here. I could well be wrong on the "not 2 sailors" path. And true, if there are multiple pairs, then they likely aren't all be 1v1. Unless they're both in opposite scum factions?

But clearly some things can happen without an item, since things were stolen.

Galz, can you say anything about the specific phrasing that makes he think "exactly" 2?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #810 on: May 01, 2020, 10:46:45 pm »

Definitely interesting thoughts here. I could well be wrong on the "not 2 sailors" path. And true, if there are multiple pairs, then they likely aren't all be 1v1. Unless they're both in opposite scum factions?

Galz, can you say anything about the specific phrasing that makes he think "exactly" 2?

I started to answer this by making the meaning explicitly clear (which I’m confident I could do without violating any rules) - but I realized that in doing it would also make pretty clear to the other player with this role that I am exactly what I am - and as I’ve stated my belief that they’re scum, I’m not certain revealing that fully now is wise. I’m open to thoughts on this though.

Mafia Record:

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #811 on: May 01, 2020, 10:49:29 pm »

I started to answer this by making the meaning explicitly clear (which I’m confident I could do without violating any rules) - but I realized that in doing it would also make pretty clear to the other player with this role that I am exactly what I am - and as I’ve stated my belief that they’re scum, I’m not certain revealing that fully now is wise. I’m open to thoughts on this though.

Good point.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #812 on: May 02, 2020, 12:16:00 am »

I’m getting such a strong scum vibe of Galz this game. I can not pinpoint why, but I’ve played with him a lot and he feels off. So not super inclined to trust him on this without some corroboration.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #813 on: May 02, 2020, 12:19:41 am »

I mean if Galz and 1 of Skip/mail-mi. is, this would e a good way to get us away from it? (especially since there was a though that if we prove the 1-1, we might target galz next, so that'd be two quickish scum lynches.

i.e. trying to get us to believe there are multiple paired roles could be a scum gambit.

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #814 on: May 02, 2020, 12:23:57 am »

I mean if Galz and 1 of Skip/mail-mi. is, this would e a good way to get us away from it? (especially since there was a though that if we prove the 1-1, we might target galz next, so that'd be two quickish scum lynches.

i.e. trying to get us to believe there are multiple paired roles could be a scum gambit.

That could also explain why Galz wouldn't have talked about it until today.  You know what, for now I'm going to go with a Vote: Galzria.  I'll come up with more of a case tomorrow.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #815 on: May 02, 2020, 12:41:48 am »

I’m getting such a strong scum vibe of Galz this game. I can not pinpoint why, but I’ve played with him a lot and he feels off. So not super inclined to trust him on this without some corroboration.

What sort of "corroboration" are you looking for? This seems like an attempt to get town to claim things unnecessarily
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #816 on: May 02, 2020, 03:18:02 am »

I received an item yes

I don't want to say too much yet, but given what you said you wanted, I was thinking what I had was a part of it.  I was going to say that if it was useful, anybody else who has a similar part should probably give it to you.  But if it's not, then it doesn't matter.
Okay without saying too much, yes you're correct, it was partially helpful (as I'm looking for something with multiple pieces)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #817 on: May 02, 2020, 03:18:25 am »

Well, I have the same role as LaLight.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #818 on: May 02, 2020, 03:20:14 am »

I received an item yes

Okay without saying too much, yes you're correct, it was partially helpful (as I'm looking for something with multiple pieces)
And because if this, I think sudgy is towny, because they're trying to be helpful, and scum wouldn't try to help me because I'm not scum

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #819 on: May 02, 2020, 08:11:02 am »

Can you tell us more?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #820 on: May 02, 2020, 08:18:28 am »

yay!
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #821 on: May 02, 2020, 08:18:37 am »

Can you tell us more?
I could, but unless you give me a reason to provide more info I would prefer not to.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #822 on: May 02, 2020, 08:20:38 am »

so, unless i misread and/or forgot something, no one needs an item I have. weird
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #823 on: May 02, 2020, 08:43:59 am »

so, unless i misread and/or forgot something, no one needs an item I have. weird

You can’t use it? It seems like it would be useful to someone

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #824 on: May 02, 2020, 08:46:22 am »

Can you tell us more?
I could, but unless you give me a reason to provide more info I would prefer not to.

No good reason. Just curious. I wonder if the item he has would be useful to you? It doesn’t make sense that it would....if you have the same role it would be useless to both of you, but I wonder if there is something important about finding our pair.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.244 seconds with 16 queries.