Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 84  All

Author Topic: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Game Over, Scum and Treasure Hunter win!)  (Read 199336 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #600 on: April 29, 2020, 11:01:41 am »

What could a baseball cap do? If MM gets lynched, whomever needs the cap can’t get it.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: April 29, 2020, 11:02:45 am »

Unvote

Just backing off the L-1 for a beat or two

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: April 29, 2020, 11:04:35 am »

For the record, I feel like tying people up to jailkeep them is a bit of a stretch.  What if he's a scum roleblocker and made up the doc part?

Weird, I presumed one of skip/mail had the rope-becomes-JK part.

Mail-mi's obv!town btw. Hammer withdrawn

How so?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: April 29, 2020, 11:04:44 am »

What could a baseball cap do? If MM gets lynched, whomever needs the cap can’t get it.

What indeed.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: April 29, 2020, 11:05:40 am »

There are a handful of us here....lynch MM, lynch skip, or no lynch are the most plausible options.

The stuff component make a lynch more consequential than usual (and interesting! Thanks Glooble!) so not lynching is perhaps advantageous.

Unless a ball cap is not at all valuable....

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: April 29, 2020, 11:07:12 am »

What indeed.

Come on, Galzy. Drop some knowledge on me.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: April 29, 2020, 11:07:47 am »

Point of note: Skip is the first to claim an item, in post #100. So before even ADK's plan, Skip is out there claiming stuff. Sounds like a way to goad out other claims, which is scummy.

He also continually clarifies himself about his "I have an item to give to someone plan." I find myself correcting my plans and finetuning them unnecessarily more as scum so I don't get caught with a bad, scummy plan.

Before skip goes for me, he's not pushing a 1v1. He's keeping his options open, asking others about what he should do, etc. Not until after I post does he vote for me, and he does say he's going to leave it there for the rest of the day. So he pushes the 1v1 more than I thought he did, but what else does he do at that point?

He also allows me to claim the item first, leaving all his options open again.

Also, his defense at post 316 is perfect for tomorrow when I flip town. "Come on, you think I'd do this as scum? I'm not that dumb." It's a bunch of WIFOM that doesn't turn out to be a good defense.

Also there's his unreasonable expectation of me, which Galz pointed out, that no other person who posted a list said "Whoa this is a potential 1v1, we should look into this." Not necessarily alignment indicative, but it's still there.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: April 29, 2020, 11:08:30 am »

There are a handful of us here....lynch MM, lynch skip, or no lynch are the most plausible options.

The stuff component make a lynch more consequential than usual (and interesting! Thanks Glooble!) so not lynching is perhaps advantageous.

Unless a ball cap is not at all valuable....

For the record, the description of the baseball cap doesn't give me any hints as to what it could be used for or who needs it.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: April 29, 2020, 11:08:33 am »

What indeed.

I'm waitin' on you! No?

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: April 29, 2020, 11:08:54 am »

I for one am unimpressed with the claim. A scum jailkeeper is a little weird, but not impossible, especially if this is multiball. And he could absolutely just be a roleblocker. Or it could all be a lie.

I'm a little skeptical that scum would be weak enough that they have to work for their PR(s) but of course we don't have nearly enough info to make that judgement.

That said, if we don't have the votes to lynch mail-mi and we have an hour left... skip? ADK (I liked Galz's case)?

I really doubt we can get a non-skip non-mail-mi lynch through. So if we don't have the votes for mail-mi, I guess I can switch to skip to get a lynch. Maybe skip should claim too at this point?

ppe: a bunch
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

sudgy

• Cartographer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sudgy
  • It's pronounced "SOO-jee"
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: April 29, 2020, 11:09:43 am »

Note that from my reads post I townread skip now, so I don't want to lynch him.
If you're wondering what my avatar is, watch this.

Check out my logic puzzle blog!

Quote from: sudgy on June 31, 2011, 11:47:46 pm

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: April 29, 2020, 11:10:10 am »

I guess if someone needs the ball cap, and thinks it very valuable, now would be the time to claim that.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: April 29, 2020, 11:11:07 am »

I guess I can switch to skip to get a lynch.

Convenient
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: April 29, 2020, 11:11:33 am »

Point of note: Skip is the first to claim an item, in post #100. So before even ADK's plan, Skip is out there claiming stuff. Sounds like a way to goad out other claims, which is scummy.

He also continually clarifies himself about his "I have an item to give to someone plan." I find myself correcting my plans and finetuning them unnecessarily more as scum so I don't get caught with a bad, scummy plan.

Before skip goes for me, he's not pushing a 1v1. He's keeping his options open, asking others about what he should do, etc. Not until after I post does he vote for me, and he does say he's going to leave it there for the rest of the day. So he pushes the 1v1 more than I thought he did, but what else does he do at that point?

Also, his defense at post 316 is perfect for tomorrow when I flip town. "Come on, you think I'd do this as scum? I'm not that dumb." It's a bunch of WIFOM that doesn't turn out to be a good defense.

Also there's his unreasonable expectation of me, which Galz pointed out, that no other person who posted a list said "Whoa this is a potential 1v1, we should look into this." Not necessarily alignment indicative, but it's still there.

I find all of this to be a bit silly, because I feel like all of the stuff skip has done makes sense as town.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: April 29, 2020, 11:12:16 am »

What indeed.

I'm waitin' on you! No?

Not me. I don’t need the baseball cap, and I don’t have any guesses

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: April 29, 2020, 11:13:01 am »

I find all of this to be a bit silly, because I feel like all of the stuff skip has done makes sense as town.

Like if it was town v town

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: April 29, 2020, 11:13:47 am »

Unofficial Vote Count

skip wooznum (6): Awaclus, mail-mi, scolapasta, MiX, Joseph2303, Galzria
mail-mi (6): skip wooznum, LaLight, faust, A Drowned Kernel, sudgy, jotheonah
Awaclus (1): Eevee
Not voting (1): DatSwan

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: April 29, 2020, 11:14:35 am »

I don't have a big enough scumread on anyone else.

I blame short day.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: April 29, 2020, 11:14:49 am »

I guess I can switch to skip to get a lynch.

Convenient

::)

A lynch I'm less sure about is better than no lynch! What a striking, bold, original thought never before articulated in a game of mafia. Come off it.

He/him

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: April 29, 2020, 11:14:57 am »

It also makes sense as scum. Scum want to make sense as well, you see.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: April 29, 2020, 11:14:59 am »

What indeed.

I'm waitin' on you! No?

Ah, well, nevermind then. I'll say that if I *had* the baseball cap to give, you would've been the person I sent it to. But I don't know any more about it than you do it seems.

Mafia Record:

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: April 29, 2020, 11:16:21 am »

Yeah, but scum is statistically less likely than town.  You want to find stuff that makes sense as scum but not as town.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: April 29, 2020, 11:17:25 am »

Yeah, but scum is statistically less likely than town.  You want to find stuff that makes sense as scum but not as town.

And scum tries to do things that make sense as town, not as scum. C'mon. This circle can play 'round all day.

Mafia Record:

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: April 29, 2020, 11:18:02 am »

What indeed.

I'm waitin' on you! No?

Ah, well, nevermind then. I'll say that if I *had* the baseball cap to give, you would've been the person I sent it to. But I don't know any more about it than you do it seems.

I definitely need something but that’s not it!

sudgy

• Cartographer
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: April 29, 2020, 11:18:13 am »

Unofficial Vote Count

skip wooznum (6): Awaclus, mail-mi, scolapasta, MiX, Joseph2303, Galzria
mail-mi (6): skip wooznum, LaLight, faust, A Drowned Kernel, sudgy, jotheonah
Awaclus (1): Eevee
Not voting (1): DatSwan

Something's not right here, you have 14 people listed here when 15 are playing.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.181 seconds with 20 queries.