Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 84  All

Author Topic: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Game Over, Scum and Treasure Hunter win!)  (Read 199272 times)

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
Re: BM30: MacGuffin Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #375 on: April 27, 2020, 06:24:41 pm »

Mixy, what you hope I have and what you have...have many letters combined?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: April 27, 2020, 06:28:14 pm »

Mixy, what you hope I have and what you have...have many letters combined?

Like, adding the number of letters of each word? I think that steps into cryptothingy, did you ask Glooble? It also steps into QT quoting maybe.

I will answer that, the idea behind each item would let me believe the number's 9/10. Does that help?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: April 27, 2020, 06:37:46 pm »

I didn't ask, but that's enough of an answer

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: April 27, 2020, 06:38:24 pm »

This Mix-Didds thing is so curious, odd and interesting. Probably means they are both tow or one is scum and trying to rope in the other who is town, but not two scum from the same faction because what would be the point?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: April 27, 2020, 06:40:29 pm »

This Mix-Didds thing is so curious, odd and interesting. Probably means they are both tow or one is scum and trying to rope in the other who is town, but not two scum from the same faction because what would be the point?

Do you think it's impossible for scum to have an item that another scum needs?

I...don't. Because that sounds weirdly amusing.

I didn't ask, but that's enough of an answer

Can't wait to see what that means!

Ok now it should definitely be the last time we bring this up.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: April 27, 2020, 06:44:36 pm »

yep yep

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • Shuffle iT Username: Skip Wooznum
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: April 27, 2020, 06:45:27 pm »

I lean more on this being town vs town.  I didn't see anything from either of them that made me think either was scum, and I feel like it is more likely for town to knowingly go into a 1v1 than scum.  (skip, as scum, could have remained silent; mail-mi, as scum, could have claimed something other than the rope.)

This is a much more reasonable response. One of Mail-Mi or Skip may in fact be scum. The fact that they've claimed need of the same item is irrelevant. It's much more worthwhile to look at the how/when/why of their claims. In neither case is it a particularly logical scum play - they've both, independently of each other and at different times, set up claims that don't make sense from scum D1. That is, both had ways to avoid being put into a 1v1 today and neither of them took that out. Scum avoids this conflict if they have the chance to do so.
That is not true though. And skip in particular wasn't apporaching the claim in a townie manner at all; instead he first asked what people believed about two people needing different items before going through with the claim, the only reasons for which I can see are testing the waters for how a claim would turn out and getting people to talk more about items, both of which are scummy.

Oh, and he let mail-mi claim the item rather than doing it himself, so that he had all the options available.
The reason I asked people's opinions is because I wanted scums' opinions (mail-mi in particular) on record before they knew who claimed my item. After a while, I got tired of waiting.

I don't understand what you mean by your second point. Are you saying my plan was to claim whichever item he claimed? Seems like a strange plan.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: April 27, 2020, 06:45:57 pm »

Are you softclaiming a third use of Rope?
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: April 27, 2020, 06:46:22 pm »

Vote: Galzria

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: April 27, 2020, 06:49:07 pm »

It was sarcasm, MiX.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: April 27, 2020, 06:51:00 pm »

It was sarcasm, MiX.

Vote: skip

You can't just do things and expect me to not react, Galz. You need to give me a heads up.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: April 27, 2020, 06:51:19 pm »

Eh whatever let's do it now.

I have an item

It's 8 letters long, 3 of the letters are 'o's.

If you need that item, use the word in a post of yours within the next 48 hours.

I suggest that everyone with an item to give do something like this. It will probably be protown, and definitely be fun.

Can you go over why you thought this was a good idea, in extreme detail?
I don't really have a good answer for you. It was obviously a bad idea. I've already admitted as much. I'm actually kind of embarrassed about it. My only excuse is that I had very little time to think and I knew I wouldn't be able to post for 24 hours so I just said "what the heck" and went for it. In fact, in the very next post, I had already realized it was bad to say I had an item.

I'm sorry if this is unsatisfying, but know that I feel worse about it than you do.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: April 27, 2020, 06:53:43 pm »

Eh whatever let's do it now.

I have an item

It's 8 letters long, 3 of the letters are 'o's.

If you need that item, use the word in a post of yours within the next 48 hours.

I suggest that everyone with an item to give do something like this. It will probably be protown, and definitely be fun.

Can you go over why you thought this was a good idea, in extreme detail?
I don't really have a good answer for you. It was obviously a bad idea. I've already admitted as much. I'm actually kind of embarrassed about it. My only excuse is that I had very little time to think and I knew I wouldn't be able to post for 24 hours so I just said "what the heck" and went for it. In fact, in the very next post, I had already realized it was bad to say I had an item.

I'm sorry if this is unsatisfying, but know that I feel worse about it than you do.

Is there any harm in saying what the item is?

Do you have to give the item away?

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: April 27, 2020, 06:55:51 pm »

I mean, I don't exactly know what harm there might be.

I have no use for it so I will be giving it away in all likelihood.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: April 27, 2020, 06:58:38 pm »

I see, thanks.

This setup is weird. We need a night to solve it.

Who's scum, skip?

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #390 on: April 27, 2020, 07:02:41 pm »

Mail-mi

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 27, 2020, 07:03:42 pm »

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 27, 2020, 07:06:28 pm »

Since this whole thing started most of my time and exertion has gone towards defending myself so I haven't had much capacity for looking into who's been scummy.

I would look into the people that voted mail-mi initially, then jumped off for weak votes on other players.

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: April 27, 2020, 07:08:48 pm »

Mail-mi

Why.
I feel the scenario in which town and scum want the same item is significantly more likely than one in which town and town do. I have no information on the matter other than what I've posted in thread.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 27, 2020, 07:12:30 pm »

Mail-mi

Why.
I feel the scenario in which town and scum want the same item is significantly more likely than one in which town and town do. I have no information on the matter other than what I've posted in thread.

If mail-mi flips town, will you self-vote?

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 27, 2020, 07:19:11 pm »

Mail-mi

Why.

vote: mix this is asinine
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

skip wooznum

• Golem
  • he/him
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: April 27, 2020, 07:20:40 pm »

Mail-mi

Why.

Definitely not. I'll try as hard as I can to stay alive. I doubt that will work though. I'm sorta banking on him being scum.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 27, 2020, 07:25:33 pm »

Mail-mi

Why.

It's not. It's making the point that arguments based on scumminess based solely on the concept of "Two people needing the same item must mean one is scum" are dumb. If Skip finds Mail-Mi's reaction, revelation, responses to be scummy then he should be able to formulate a case based on that. The fact is that we know nothing about this mechanic - and so if the argument is "I want to make it a 1v1 based on my belief of this mechanic", then you've got to be able to own the backside of that if the player in question is lynched and flips town.

Mafia Record:

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 27, 2020, 07:41:59 pm »

Mail-mi

Why.

It's not. It's making the point that arguments based on scumminess based solely on the concept of "Two people needing the same item must mean one is scum" are dumb. If Skip finds Mail-Mi's reaction, revelation, responses to be scummy then he should be able to formulate a case based on that. The fact is that we know nothing about this mechanic - and so if the argument is "I want to make it a 1v1 based on my belief of this mechanic", then you've got to be able to own the backside of that if the player in question is lynched and flips town.

I buy the argument that this doesn't need to be a 1v1. I don't buy the argument that skip is scummy for making it a 1v1
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 27, 2020, 07:42:57 pm »

I buy the argument that skip is scummy for making this a 1v1 but then expects to not be lynched when mail-mi flips town.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 84  All

Page created in 0.206 seconds with 16 queries.