Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 267614 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #2075 on: June 20, 2020, 05:28:54 am »

wait. if a scum!lightweaver hid behind joth and alignment inverted hypercube, doesn't it explain how joth maybe town?
Depends on how exactly the power is worded... you weren't targeting joth after all.

It seems like a huge stretch compared to the obvious answer.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #2076 on: June 20, 2020, 06:42:43 am »

joth re-read #2. Last time I gave him mild scum points for his reasons for voting for chairs and MiX.

vote: chairs

apparently he's going to die anyway so may as well /s

I'm in for a vote: faust actually. Galzria articulated it better than I could, but he is definitely pinging my "scum!faust" radar a bit.

Presumably the articulation was "This is why faust is scum this game. He’s actively engaging in discrediting players and not arguments. His response to me earlier was derision and dismissal, rather than debating points made."

ok, that was a kneejerk before having caught up on the thread. now that I am caught up I am seeing that an EFHW vote would be more useful from me. I have to admit I'm not super-feeling that case. Anyone want to try and convince me real quick?

Possible Mafia-points for this. States potential willingness to lynch EFHW but puts the onus on others to tell him to.

sorry, I don't know how to deal with threads that move this fast. I now see that we are dealing with EFHW vs cube. I ... don't have a strong preference. And in no universe do I have time to do the re-reading necessary to have one. So, here's what I'm gon' do: sheep the IC.

vote: hypercube

Sure, being behind and therefore not having a strong preference is a thing, but sheeping the IC is as good a reason as any to avoid voting for a teammate.

sorry, I don't know how to deal with threads that move this fast. I now see that we are dealing with EFHW vs cube. I ... don't have a strong preference. And in no universe do I have time to do the re-reading necessary to have one. So, here's what I'm gon' do: sheep the IC.

vote: hypercube
This vote... if hypercube flips town, jotheonah needs to be looked at toMorrow.

settin up them mislynches?

Maybe it's just me, but I think scum uses this argument more often than they actually try to set up mislynches.

OK, knee-jerk here is that the squire claim is fishy.

We're in a game where everyone is a PR. So what do you claim to make town say "oh wow we should keep this person around"? Well, claiming that you're not only a PR but also an enabler for another PR would be a way to go. And how convenient that it's something that's not in the (very extensive) setup.

Color me skeptical.

This post becomes interesting to me later.

TBH not the most comfortable with either wagon, but what you gonna do?

Possible hedging? Leaving himself the option of defending EFHW if it comes down to it and also not taking responsibility if cube is lynched.

Also willing to hammer here.

Stated willingness to hammer EFHW, but cube had already stated intent.

Cayvie is a weird kill choice all told. Should make for an interesting re-read.

Really psyched about the D1 scum lynch, even if I was totally wrong about EFHW.

I think scum tends to say both of these things more often than Town.

They shouldn't be voting for me because (A) I'm town (B) I have useful powers and (C) I'm generally a pretty cool guy when you get to know me.

The earlier post in which he said "We're in a game where everyone is a PR" seemed to be saying that there's generally no reason not to lynch someone based on their role, so cube had to invent a reason. Now asking not to be lynched because of his role strikes me as strange.

Given that he set out to "see if anyone stands out as trying to stop [the EFHW lynch]", it seems strange that he settled on me, who stated that I found EFHW scummy and was in the first half of the wagon, and based his argument on the theory that maybe I planned to move my vote; and neglected to mention someone like scola who was actively campaigning for the faust lynch. There's also the question of why is on the wagon the first place to look when looking for EFHW defenders?

I don't have all that much to say about this post. The earlier points seem pretty weak. The point on Galz' cube vote is maybe okay. The MiX point is fine but no longer relevant.

This was looking like a reasonable case, but as joth realised, the vote on EFHW kind of kills it (not that we're necessarily just looking for Mafia). (I still think it's unfair to describe going to bed because it's night time as "peacing out" and a "disappearance".)

You should definitely believe that I am a light caller regardless of my alignment. So I am a cop who has a QT with the IC for the rest of the day. I also have sufficient storm light to cop again, even without a high storm. And I’m perfectly willing to let Glooble direct my night actions. So there is a lot of extra downside to lynching me tonight, above and beyond the fact that I’m town.

Vote: LaLight

Again, asking to not be lynched because of his role, despite pointing out that everyone is a PR.

So, joth gets Mafia-points for stating willingness to lynch EFHW but ultimately being against the lynch. Scumpoints for the results of searching for EFHW defenders. Overall I'd put him down as moderate scum.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2077 on: June 20, 2020, 07:53:18 am »

The modified hider....So, for kind of a lot of storm light, light weavers can hide behind someone and then make themselves look like that player. Any actions that targets the hider will fail, but anything that happens to who we hide behind will happen to us, too.

And if you are watched, what does the watcher see?

I don’t know for sure, it sounds like it would fail, since any actions that target the hider fail?
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #2078 on: June 20, 2020, 07:54:54 am »

The modified hider....So, for kind of a lot of storm light, light weavers can hide behind someone and then make themselves look like that player. Any actions that targets the hider will fail, but anything that happens to who we hide behind will happen to us, too.

what's the point of looking like another player, if any actions targeting you fail?

I’m not the one who can answer this question
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2079 on: June 20, 2020, 08:29:44 am »

All these Night action scenario's are nuts lol.
This whole game became purely mechanical.
Come play mafia at mtgsalvation!

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2080 on: June 20, 2020, 08:53:05 am »

I am reserving judgment for when the game is over, but it kind of seems like the setup was not fully thought through.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2081 on: June 20, 2020, 08:59:07 am »

I am reserving judgment for when the game is over, but it kind of seems like the setup was not fully thought through.

I think the third-parties are playing a huge role in the balance of the game, and since both of them are trying to be town, everything looks...mechanical.

This is really like any other RMM, except everyone's powers are supercharged so we all decided to massclaim. There's nothing that says scum can't take advantage of this.

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2082 on: June 20, 2020, 10:26:01 am »

I’m not saying it’s townsided per se, it’s just that with the pure focus on mechanics I have no clue how to look for scum outside of them lying about their actions.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2083 on: June 20, 2020, 10:35:29 am »

I’m not saying it’s townsided per se, it’s just that with the pure focus on mechanics I have no clue how to look for scum outside of them lying about their actions.
We've had a scum flip, that is probably a good place to start.

But all in all, we've had a bunch of complicated flip, yet what it boils down to is we caught joth in a lie, so we should lynch him. The fact that he was scummy beforehand is just an added bonus.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2084 on: June 20, 2020, 10:39:04 am »

But all in all, we've had a bunch of complicated flipclaims, yet what it boils down to is we caught joth in a lie, so we should lynch him. The fact that he was scummy beforehand is just an added bonus.
That's what this was meant to say.

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2085 on: June 20, 2020, 10:50:25 am »

We've had a scum flip, that is probably a good place to start.

But all in all, we've had a bunch of complicated flip, yet what it boils down to is we caught joth in a lie, so we should lynch him. The fact that he was scummy beforehand is just an added bonus.
Kind of tough to look for associations without a decent iso function.
I will see if I can spend some time at my laptop tomorrow.

Vote: Joth

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: June 20, 2020, 10:50:44 am »

Tried catching up, but still don't have a ton of time.  I'm going to trust faust that Joth was caught in a lie until someone explains how he's not.

Vote: Joth

ppe 1
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: June 20, 2020, 10:51:03 am »

L-?

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: June 20, 2020, 11:34:11 am »

I think L-3

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: June 20, 2020, 01:36:27 pm »

vote: joth

I don't understand why scum!joth would lie, but I also don't understand why scum!LL would either, seems like too risky of a play this early in the game.
I have sigs off.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: June 20, 2020, 02:29:23 pm »

*sigh*

It doesn’t matter. I’m town and I’m a cop but town is so far ahead right now you can lynch me and still win. At least hem you’ll know I was telling the truth about everything.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #2091 on: June 20, 2020, 03:19:06 pm »

*sigh*

It doesn’t matter. I’m town and I’m a cop but town is so far ahead right now you can lynch me and still win. At least hem you’ll know I was telling the truth about everything.

Well that's a scumslip, cool. So what else should we do with the rest of our day?
I have sigs off.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: June 20, 2020, 03:31:33 pm »

*sigh*

Well that's a scumslip, cool. So what else should we do with the rest of our day?

Where's the scumslip?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #2093 on: June 20, 2020, 03:33:04 pm »

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #2094 on: June 20, 2020, 03:35:31 pm »

Someone please explain what about joth’s actions is consistent with a scum narrative? If one of Joth and LaLight is lying, why are we so sure it’s Joth? I just don’t get why Scum!Joth gives me the Alerter.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: June 20, 2020, 03:43:54 pm »

Someone please explain what about joth’s actions is consistent with a scum narrative? If one of Joth and LaLight is lying, why are we so sure it’s Joth? I just don’t get why Scum!Joth gives me the Alerter.

Well, hmm, joth gives the Alerter to make you see scola target you...while he does something else with you as well. That's my on-the-spot theory anyway.

Why is it LL?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: June 20, 2020, 03:49:32 pm »

Because joth was caught in a lie, and LaLight did not need to share what they did.

He gives it for towncred, clearly. If scum knows you have the Alerter, clearly they can play around that, so it's not like it hurt them.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: June 20, 2020, 03:50:44 pm »

And for a scum narrative I agree with most of the points raised by Jimmmmm.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: June 20, 2020, 03:54:19 pm »

LaLight's play with scolapasta does not make a lot of sense from a scum perspective.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: June 20, 2020, 03:56:12 pm »

MiX's theory is a good one, that it could provide cover for me. It's wrong though.

My other action was to track MiX. (result: no result, which does corroborate his claim)

Both Rhand and LL can confirm this.

I am an Edgecaller.

Here's a question for joth that may have been asked, but I can't remember, why cop faust?

According to the theory, his wagon is good proof that he is town. So why not cop someone else?

I guess the case against joth is that he was trying to get towncred with Gloobie? Except that he would'nt have known he'd have that neighbhood today. So feels risky.

vote: LaLight
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.
Pages: 1 ... 82 83 [84] 85 86 ... 115  All

Page created in 0.259 seconds with 21 queries.