Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 267512 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1250 on: June 12, 2020, 08:55:57 am »

I mentioned the thread cluttering only because I was accused of doing that in scumhunting Didds and defending you.

Yeah, well, okay.

Hey faust is this towny enough to drop EFHW and join the merry hyper wagon?

Can you summarize your hyper case? I was feeling it when the Cult Leader stuff was going down, but since then?

I see EFHW tunneling me over and over again by holding onto things that have been discussed and laid to rest (the full claim “slip”). To me, it feels aggressive in a way that goes beyond confirmation bias. But since I am the target, I know It’s not scumhunting, so then I wonder if it’s really scummy.

I can ISO him and point out scummy posts, but if I had to say why I'm scumreading him it would be a lot of gut. He doesn't seem to be developing, doesn't seem to try to be better (he has returned from a long hiatus, right? why don't I see that?), I don't see pushes on people he thinks are scum, just low hanging fruit like scumslips and third-party hunting, I can't remember a single read that wasn't based on a single post nor any gut read, he's trying to "solve" Uncle in a way scum would, by determining if he's town or third-party, instead of scum or third-party. And overall I've had a gut scumread on him early on that never died out.

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: June 12, 2020, 08:58:40 am »

Cool, thanks.

I really like hyper. He started playing around when I did, but he’s been gone for a while and I’d like him to come back. But the only game where I played really well, I think, was one where I found hyper early and then we won. And that was all on gut.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: June 12, 2020, 09:01:23 am »

* I'm town and you're demotivating me by taking potshots at me rather than engaging with me.
I may like to be a bit confrontational, but I don't see where I "took potshots at you". Being confrontational garners more reactions, and having reactions is pro-town.

* If you think I am mafia, then not explaining why is not going to convince anyone else that I am.
If you are town, then me convincing people that you're mafia would not exactly be pro-town, would it?

* Town needs to get as much alignment-showing info in thread as possible because that's how we find mafia.
I think I do a good amount of that in here without making a case on you. You are also refusing to explain to me why you're town, which would be more directly alignment-showing info.

* If you don't explain me why you think i am mafia, you're not giving yourself the chance to re-evaluate me.
I am giving myself plenty of chances at re-evaluation. If you want me to re-evaluate, you are free to make a case for why you are town.
Asking town why they're town is creating useless busywork. What do you want me to do? Iso my own posts and quote them for you?
If you would explain why you think I'm mafia you give me the chance to argue why I am not AND others the chance to look into your reasons and decide if you're right. It ticks both boxes.

LL? Really?

I would be ok with MiX.
Of course you would.
This post was a potshot.

I wouldn’t bother arguing with him. He thinks he’s above everyone else. What he’s doing to you is literally exactly what he’s attempted to shame me for doing to him (see: “Galzria has done nothing this game except throw shade at me. At least his next best option is EFHW. So now's the time to get in here and switch, since you are obviously not interested in convincing other people to vote for me.”).

This is why faust is scum this game. He’s actively engaging in discrediting players and not arguments. His response to me earlier was derision and dismissal, rather than debating points made. Cayvie even called him on it at the time.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: June 12, 2020, 09:09:30 am »

I wouldn’t bother arguing with him. He thinks he’s above everyone else. What he’s doing to you is literally exactly what he’s attempted to shame me for doing to him (see: “Galzria has done nothing this game except throw shade at me. At least his next best option is EFHW. So now's the time to get in here and switch, since you are obviously not interested in convincing other people to vote for me.”).

This is why faust is scum this game. He’s actively engaging in discrediting players and not arguments. His response to me earlier was derision and dismissal, rather than debating points made. Cayvie even called him on it at the time.
I don't know where you've got this terrible image of me.

I'm not judging you for not making a case on me; I'm just saying, you didn't make an effort to convince people, I'm not getting lynched, so your vote is not in a useful place. I was not trying to convince people on Rhand, and so when noone else joined there I moved my vote. I am merely asking you to do the same.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: June 12, 2020, 09:12:20 am »

I'm in for a vote: faust actually. Galzria articulated it better than I could, but he is definitely pinging my "scum!faust" radar a bit.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: June 12, 2020, 09:14:41 am »

I'm in for a vote: faust actually. Galzria articulated it better than I could, but he is definitely pinging my "scum!faust" radar a bit.

Oh you're hyper's partner! Awesome, I thought I had to do a whole D2 after this.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: June 12, 2020, 09:14:55 am »

ok, that was a kneejerk before having caught up on the thread. now that I am caught up I am seeing that an EFHW vote would be more useful from me. I have to admit I'm not super-feeling that case. Anyone want to try and convince me real quick?
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: June 12, 2020, 09:17:35 am »

sorry, I don't know how to deal with threads that move this fast. I now see that we are dealing with EFHW vs cube. I ... don't have a strong preference. And in no universe do I have time to do the re-reading necessary to have one. So, here's what I'm gon' do: sheep the IC.

vote: hypercube

He/him

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: June 12, 2020, 09:18:45 am »

ok, that was a kneejerk before having caught up on the thread. now that I am caught up I am seeing that an EFHW vote would be more useful from me. I have to admit I'm not super-feeling that case. Anyone want to try and convince me real quick?
You're voting faust and considering switching to me?

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: June 12, 2020, 09:19:58 am »

vote: EFHW. Will do Cube if needed.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1260 on: June 12, 2020, 09:20:23 am »

Didn't get a PPE, sorry.

I'm good with voting hyper. Would really like to see the count. I'll try to estimate it.

PPE 1

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: June 12, 2020, 09:23:33 am »

Looks like Hypercube and I are both at 6 votes.

Vote: Hyper

hypercube

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: xyrix
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: June 12, 2020, 09:25:22 am »

I mentioned the thread cluttering only because I was accused of doing that in scumhunting Didds and defending you.

Yeah, well, okay.

Can you summarize your hyper case? I was feeling it when the Cult Leader stuff was going down, but since then?

I see EFHW tunneling me over and over again by holding onto things that have been discussed and laid to rest (the full claim “slip”). To me, it feels aggressive in a way that goes beyond confirmation bias. But since I am the target, I know It’s not scumhunting, so then I wonder if it’s really scummy.

I can ISO him and point out scummy posts, but if I had to say why I'm scumreading him it would be a lot of gut. He doesn't seem to be developing, doesn't seem to try to be better (he has returned from a long hiatus, right? why don't I see that?), I don't see pushes on people he thinks are scum, just low hanging fruit like scumslips and third-party hunting, I can't remember a single read that wasn't based on a single post nor any gut read, he's trying to "solve" Uncle in a way scum would, by determining if he's town or third-party, instead of scum or third-party. And overall I've had a gut scumread on him early on that never died out.

Eh, people read me as low-effort all the time since I'm terse, that's NAI. I'm never going to be the person who writes extended treatises on stuff.

Anyways with Glooble voting for me I may as well claim now. I'm a Windrunner and House Kholin. I'll claim the Windrunner special ability if there's some need to. I have a squire who is also a Windrunner, they'll lose their role powers upon my death.
I have sigs off.

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: June 12, 2020, 09:27:04 am »

sorry, I don't know how to deal with threads that move this fast. I now see that we are dealing with EFHW vs cube. I ... don't have a strong preference. And in no universe do I have time to do the re-reading necessary to have one. So, here's what I'm gon' do: sheep the IC.

This vote... if hypercube flips town, jotheonah needs to be looked at toMorrow.
Come play mafia at mtgsalvation!

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: June 12, 2020, 09:28:29 am »

Yeah, well, okay.

Eh, people read me as low-effort all the time since I'm terse, that's NAI. I'm never going to be the person who writes extended treatises on stuff.

Anyways with Glooble voting for me I may as well claim now. I'm a Windrunner and House Kholin. I'll claim the Windrunner special ability if there's some need to. I have a squire who is also a Windrunner, they'll lose their role powers upon my death.
Do you know who the squire is? (Not asking who it is, just if you know)

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: June 12, 2020, 09:29:25 am »

I do know who it is.
I have sigs off.

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: June 12, 2020, 09:30:49 am »

I do know who it is.
Do they know who you are? Do you have a chat?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1267 on: June 12, 2020, 09:32:46 am »

What's a squire? I don't remember reading that part.

Also pls don't sheep me I literally just voted cause work continued to be busy and I wasn't sure I'd be on for deadline and cube looked most likely to go through.

Also cause I remembered scumreading hyper earlier in the day.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1268 on: June 12, 2020, 09:32:56 am »

I do know who it is.
Do they know who you are? Do you have a chat?

Yes, we have a QT.
I have sigs off.

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: June 12, 2020, 09:33:20 am »

Squires aren't in the setup so don't waste your time looking for that.
I have sigs off.

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: June 12, 2020, 09:34:22 am »

Do you think your squire is town?

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (PMs sent!)
« Reply #1271 on: June 12, 2020, 09:35:34 am »

Unofficial vote count

chairs (1): Dylan32
hypercube (6): chairs, MiX, Rhand, Glooble, jotheonah, EFHW
MiX (1): scolapasta
EFHW (7): cayvie, faust, UncleEurope, Jimmmmm, hypercube, LaLight, Galzria
Galzria (1): WCD

Not Voting (2): GreatHallScout, Swowl

He/him

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: June 12, 2020, 09:36:47 am »

This vote... if hypercube flips town, jotheonah needs to be looked at toMorrow.

settin up them mislynches?

He/him

hypercube

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: June 12, 2020, 09:37:47 am »

Do you think your squire is town?

Yes, they seem towny to me.
I have sigs off.

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: June 12, 2020, 09:40:05 am »

OK, knee-jerk here is that the squire claim is fishy.

We're in a game where everyone is a PR. So what do you claim to make town say "oh wow we should keep this person around"? Well, claiming that you're not only a PR but also an enabler for another PR would be a way to go. And how convenient that it's something that's not in the (very extensive) setup.

Color me skeptical.

He/him
Pages: 1 ... 49 50 [51] 52 53 ... 115  All

Page created in 0.11 seconds with 16 queries.