Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 271354 times)

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #1100 on: June 11, 2020, 12:31:46 pm »

Vote: Galzria

Why's that?
We need wagons, I like this one best of the people with at least one vote.

better than vote: EFHW?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: June 11, 2020, 12:32:51 pm »

The fact that you don't agree that this is at least a reason to be suspicious of MiX is weird. The fact that you didn't check if it was actually reasonable with any combo of 5 before suggesting that is weird.

I get that I could be following a red herring. But to be so dismissive of this - including "this is bad" seems itself suspicious.

I'm actually very much looking forward to Jim's read of MiX, to see if he (or frankly anyone) has opinions on this.
I mean, you may be right, after all MiX himself seemed to suggest that there was something more going on. To me it just looked like the thing where people scumread someone because they accidentally wrote "scum" when they meant "town". Also MiX has done a lot more this game. I always find that zeroing in on perceived "scumslips" and not judging the whole performance of a player leads to bad results.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: June 11, 2020, 12:33:10 pm »

Why's that?

better than vote: EFHW?
I think so, at least for now.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: June 11, 2020, 12:33:39 pm »

Why? It's a stretch at best and it's occupying all of his attention. If I was scum I would know a bit more what a Reporter ability would cost by comparing with other order powers. But I just have mine, and that doesn't let me extrapolate much.

i already think you're not mafia, MiX. but scola's post makes me think he is also not mafia, whereas previously i didn't have much of a read on scola at all. i.e., i think scola is genuinely trying to scumhunt.

if looking for a case on you is "occupying all his attention", that means he's town, right?

I agree with "I like (...) scolapasta" but not "this is good".

PPE: Also faust's town. Good job!

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: June 11, 2020, 12:42:35 pm »

Why's that?

Hmmm...I hadn't realized the deadline was so close. He's at the top of Jimmm's list too. And since no one else is feeling EFHW ,vote: Galz is okay in the interest of consolidation.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: June 11, 2020, 12:52:30 pm »

huh, interesting.

it feels like wagons have had a tough-ish time forming today. but EFHW in particular has seemed to be almost allergic to wagons, despite widespread suspicion upon her from many players (myself, WCD, faust, jimmmmm, GHS off the top of my head)
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: June 11, 2020, 12:55:29 pm »

huh, interesting.

it feels like wagons have had a tough-ish time forming today. but EFHW in particular has seemed to be almost allergic to wagons, despite widespread suspicion upon her from many players (myself, WCD, faust, jimmmmm, GHS off the top of my head)

I had this thought as well.  It definitely makes my spidey-senses tingle

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: June 11, 2020, 12:56:42 pm »

But I also recognize that there are still some battle scars from thinking she was scummy almost all of Ashe's game but never being able to get a wagon to build.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: June 11, 2020, 12:59:27 pm »

huh, interesting.

So why weren't you voting for her earlier?

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: June 11, 2020, 01:04:03 pm »

huh, interesting.

So why weren't you voting for her earlier?

i wanted to push GHS, iirc. also no real case on her, just gut.

she/her

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1110 on: June 11, 2020, 01:22:37 pm »

what about you, Rhand, what's your top 4 scums looking like?

she/her

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1111 on: June 11, 2020, 02:03:19 pm »

talk to me, scola: gun to head, who are your top ~4 picks for mafia?

Well, clearly MiX. Possibly also faust and GHS? I don't know, even with all the chatter, I have yet to feel super strong on D1.

(I am concerned about misreading both MiX and faust, as I know their styles of play do lead to misreads)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1112 on: June 11, 2020, 02:06:50 pm »

What is the reasoning behind Galz wagon here?

The only thing I can find at all surrounding him is his back and forth with faust. Are ya'll reading that as skummy?
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1113 on: June 11, 2020, 02:08:23 pm »

While I agree that the style of the claim seems very MiXish, I still think there should still be a valid reason for an assumption. In this case, I fail to see it:

Assuming he has access to 5 powers, then it can't be that since there's no combo of 5 that are all 15. So then next, it's the one extra order power - who makes an assumption off 1 example??

But if I say to you this story: "scum talk N1, learn that all their order special powers cost 15. One of them observes, hmmm, looks like all order special power could cost 15 (or something like that), and then for one of them to scumslip" - I mean that should at least sound plausible no?

The fact that you don't agree that this is at least a reason to be suspicious of MiX is weird. The fact that you didn't check if it was actually reasonable with any combo of 5 before suggesting that is weird.

I get that I could be following a red herring. But to be so dismissive of this - including "this is bad" seems itself suspicious.

I'm actually very much looking forward to Jim's read of MiX, to see if he (or frankly anyone) has opinions on this.

this is good. i like this from scolapasta.

Why? It's a stretch at best and it's occupying all of his attention. If I was scum I would know a bit more what a Reporter ability would cost by comparing with other order powers. But I just have mine, and that doesn't let me extrapolate much.

Um... isn't "If I was scum I would know a bit more what a Reporter ability would cost by comparing with other order powers" exactly what I'm saying?

And while it's occupying all my posting, it's not occupying all my attention. A lot of it really has been faust's pushback on this not being a reasonable lead.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1114 on: June 11, 2020, 02:09:38 pm »

Um... isn't "If I was scum I would know a bit more what a Reporter ability would cost by comparing with other order powers" exactly what I'm saying?

And while it's occupying all my posting, it's not occupying all my attention. A lot of it really has been faust's pushback on this not being a reasonable lead.

Yes, but I would be more right than wrong. You know, bigger sample and all that.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1115 on: June 11, 2020, 02:19:23 pm »

I mean, you may be right, after all MiX himself seemed to suggest that there was something more going on. To me it just looked like the thing where people scumread someone because they accidentally wrote "scum" when they meant "town". Also MiX has done a lot more this game. I always find that zeroing in on perceived "scumslips" and not judging the whole performance of a player leads to bad results.

Sure, but this wasn't accidental. He repeated several times about spending 15 for reporter. Again, I may completely be going down the wrong path here, but this wasn't a type: MiX made an assumption that it costs 15 in his words "for some reason".

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1116 on: June 11, 2020, 02:37:51 pm »

The only thing I can find at all surrounding him is his back and forth with faust. Are ya'll reading that as skummy?

That, Jimmmmms reread, his general of disengagement, lack of helpfulness to town, that EFHW isn’t happening.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1117 on: June 11, 2020, 02:40:14 pm »

That, Jimmmmms reread, his general of disengagement, lack of helpfulness to town, that EFHW isn’t happening.

Later tonight, I'll try to reread some of galz and efhw, see if anything jumps out at me.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1118 on: June 11, 2020, 03:03:34 pm »

People who voted for Glooble: cayvie, LaLight, MiX, Dylan

I kinda hoped to find some more.

unclear on the intentions behind this list. its day 1 in an 18 player game - completely NAI.
Glooble is the only known town we have, so those votes are more indicative of alignment than other votes. Would be more telling if the wagon was bigger, but hey - cayvie, LaLight, Dylan would all make better wagons than we have right now. And I guess MiX already is a wagon.

Sir faust - would you please explain to me why galz is a better vote than anyone you placed on this list?
real good. That’s how

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #1119 on: June 11, 2020, 03:17:51 pm »

Sure, but this wasn't accidental. He repeated several times about spending 15 for reporter. Again, I may completely be going down the wrong path here, but this wasn't a type: MiX made an assumption that it costs 15 in his words "for some reason".

He admitted as much about making an assumption, and I don't think anyone has suggested it was a typo. He got a couple votes early particularly because of how many assumptions he made in that conversation. You're saying he would be more likely to project out from the scums' powers all costing 15. MiX is saying it's more likely that scum would have different cost abilities and so that's an unlikely assumption for scum to make.  Honestly, until we have more info, I don't think there's any point going down this path because there is a plausible narrative both ways.

I didn't realize I was still on MiX. Unvote.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1120 on: June 11, 2020, 03:33:36 pm »

He admitted as much about making an assumption, and I don't think anyone has suggested it was a typo.

Faust did, in the msg I was responding to:

To me it just looked like the thing where people scumread someone because they accidentally wrote "scum" when they meant "town".

He got a couple votes early particularly because of how many assumptions he made in that conversation. You're saying he would be more likely to project out from the scums' powers all costing 15. MiX is saying it's more likely that scum would have different cost abilities and so that's an unlikely assumption for scum to make.  Honestly, until we have more info, I don't think there's any point going down this path because there is a plausible narrative both ways.

Well, I'm also saying (and this is just as important) that there should be some reason he would project that and I'm trying to hunt that down. "For some reason" is not good enough.

I mean yes it's true that if scum had different cost order special powers, scum!Mix would not make that assumption, but we don't need to consider that case, since MiX did make that assumption. That's not a logical counter argument.

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #1121 on: June 11, 2020, 03:37:07 pm »

I don’t know at this point. Faust’s handling of me has gotten me to a point where I keep procrastinating catching up in this game.
I’ll come back to it tomorrow, I promise.

Part of me is hoping faust is just cocky scum and that’s why he is like that.
Come play mafia at mtgsalvation!

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1122 on: June 11, 2020, 03:39:42 pm »

I'm personally hard no on the stealing pact and vote: jotheonah because HARD NO on ever suggesting no lynch D1.

joth (who imo is town) said this was the scum reaction he was looking for with that suggestion. I buy that.

Not a Dustrbringer, sadly, and although my first instinct was (much like other folks) to decry this plan, the more I think about it the more I see the value. Scum basically has to consider the tradeoff of allowing a Dustbringer to live to try to get our investigative roles versus killing off a potentially huge danger of allowing the Vigis to shoot their shot.

As Vig is my favorite role, I know well how with a little luck a Vig can absolutely dominate a game, so... yeah. I think this puts scum in an awkward place.

All of chair's logic hear flows from scum's perspective. His first thought was to decry this plan (much like he did the D1 no lynch), but as he thought about it from scum's perspective he came around and went with it. Sounds like he knew the towny thing to do was try to stop the plan, but after thinking about it realized there was enough of a justification that town might be ok with it and so went along with it in order to out potential dustbringers.

what happens if two alignment inverters target the same player?
Good question, cayvie. Townpoints, since I would've expected it to be the same as if 0 inverters targeted.

Giving townpoints for this question feels like they knew they needed a reason to give a townread on someone, and they saw this question as a good enough reason rather than something town would actually give townpoints for.

If I see what chairs was talking about, I don't think the townslip is actually town-idicative. It gives info, but not alignment.

Vote: chairs

ppe 2
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #1123 on: June 11, 2020, 03:55:39 pm »

He admitted as much about making an assumption, and I don't think anyone has suggested it was a typo.

Faust did, in the msg I was responding to:

To me it just looked like the thing where people scumread someone because they accidentally wrote "scum" when they meant "town".

He got a couple votes early particularly because of how many assumptions he made in that conversation. You're saying he would be more likely to project out from the scums' powers all costing 15. MiX is saying it's more likely that scum would have different cost abilities and so that's an unlikely assumption for scum to make.  Honestly, until we have more info, I don't think there's any point going down this path because there is a plausible narrative both ways.

Well, I'm also saying (and this is just as important) that there should be some reason he would project that and I'm trying to hunt that down. "For some reason" is not good enough.

I mean yes it's true that if scum had different cost order special powers, scum!Mix would not make that assumption, but we don't need to consider that case, since MiX did make that assumption. That's not a logical counter argument.

1) I don't think that's what faust is saying there. His point is that it looked like the times where someone makes an easily explainable, almost trivial mistake and other people latch onto it as a "scumslip" and get tunnel vision on that one thing in spite of the body of work the suspect has done through the rest of the game.

2) Yeah, we do. Say there are two theories to explain a certain event. Theory A requires something, let's call it P, to be true. P only has a slim chance of being true. It is not irrelevant to consider how likely the case that not P is true, as if it is determined that not P is true, then Theory A cannot be true.  Theory A is that MiX saw the scumteam's abilities and projected out that all special role powers cost 15.  This would only be true if, P, the whole scum team has nothing but 15 cost special powers.  The likelihood that Theory A is true is affected by how likely you think P is.  I have seen 1 special ability, and it does not cost 15. I guess I can trust that Mix is telling the truth that at least his is 15.  So for the abilities I "know," it's 50/50 on if a given person's ability costs 15. Obviously there is a huge amount of uncertainty there, but from my perspective, choosing 3 or more people is going to be fairly likely to pick at least 1 person with a not 15 cost ability. Thus, I don't think theory A is the best explanation for the assumption.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1124 on: June 11, 2020, 03:56:35 pm »

I don’t know at this point. Faust’s handling of me has gotten me to a point where I keep procrastinating catching up in this game.
I’ll come back to it tomorrow, I promise.

Part of me is hoping faust is just cocky scum and that’s why he is like that.

there is no tomorrow. DL is in like 18 hours or something.
real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 43 44 [45] 46 47 ... 115  All

Page created in 0.067 seconds with 20 queries.