Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 267548 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #925 on: June 10, 2020, 01:34:48 pm »

So, Glooble: Do you think we can use Eddie to relay information to you? Or is that too dangerous?

I'm pretty sure we can trust him to do that. I need to ask the mods a question in my QT which might make me more sure.
So we should all claim to Eddie, who then gives these claims to you, and we can solve the game?

How is this different from us just all agreeing to full claim in the thread?

That the only people that would know everyone's roles is Uncle and Glooble.

But faust's right. This is a broken setup if this is the case. I'm sure Uncle can disrupt this. He may be third-party, but we know nothing about how he wins.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: June 10, 2020, 01:39:57 pm »

So, Glooble: Do you think we can use Eddie to relay information to you? Or is that too dangerous?

I'm pretty sure we can trust him to do that. I need to ask the mods a question in my QT which might make me more sure.
So we should all claim to Eddie, who then gives these claims to you, and we can solve the game?

How is this different from us just all agreeing to full claim in the thread?

That the only people that would know everyone's roles is Uncle and Glooble.

But faust's right. This is a broken setup if this is the case. I'm sure Uncle can disrupt this. He may be third-party, but we know nothing about how he wins.

Okay, that makes sense.

I think I'm in for trying it, though.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #927 on: June 10, 2020, 01:47:02 pm »

I proposed a plan to Eddie.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: June 10, 2020, 02:03:51 pm »

If it ain't Eddie, vote: Greathallscout

I want to bring up a key point that I think may have been lost.

Read this progression. Here, GHS clearly implies that his townread on joth has something to do with joth's sincerity regarding no-lynching.

These are my current thoughts as a reread people. not all at once since theres so many. so i will update. And it helps me get clarity with so many people.

Mix, joth(i think their no-lynch seemed sincere even though i disagree) and Cavie seems the most town to me.

Then, when I bring up that this is not a good reason to townread joth, he pivots:

mmm vote: GreatHallScout

this feels like a faked readlist

1) the sincerity of joth's no lynch suggestion is a poor reason to townread him. after all, he has stated that he posted it to fish for reactions.

1) I must've missed where joth said they did it for reactions. I wasn't saying that's why i think they are town just that i didn't think it was scummy. i think he is town mostly because he directly pointed out the "game design flaw"

Why this pivot? It doesn't make sense to me from a town standpoint. faust has dismissed this concern as standard noobishness, but I disagree. Why would town give one reason for townreading someone, then switch to a different one, and, crucially, deny that they were ever townreading joth for the first reason in the first place?

This thought process, to me, reeks of scum deciding "Yes, this is my fake read on someone" and then changing the reasons for the read when challenged, because he has already decided on a read that he wishes to present.

His explanation for why he did this doesn't clear things up for me:

1)I probably could have phrased it better- i guess i thought it was obvious why I thought joth was town since other people responded that they were town after the house-issue. I felt the need to explain why i thought i didnt care too much for the No lynch since some players seemed it was bad enough to think he is scum(that was the parentheses part).

It just sounds like more made-up justification. "I thought it was obvious why I thought joth was town" is just a wild thing to say, in particular. in context. Think about what this means.

He's saying he thought it was so obvious that he was townreading joth for pointing out the game design flaw, that he didn't need to state that in his readlist. Not only that, he thought his reasons were so obvious, that he could put something else in parentheses, after joth's name, and that the reader would somehow know that the stuff in parentheses was not evidence for his townread.

This is just too much. I don't believe this explanation. He just pivoted and got confused because his townread wasn't genuine. He's scum.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

Greathallscout

• Pawn
  • he/him wazzup
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: June 10, 2020, 02:04:55 pm »

vote: MiX

I do think the 15/5 mixup is enough for me to vote.

I could easily see that if all scum order powers cost 15 for Mix to erroneously assume that all order powers are 15.

There is an alternative, that he correctly made this assumption and that those claiming there's are 5 are both lying, in order to frame MiX, but that seems significantly less likely.
No this is bad. You say "all scum order powers cost 15" but it could be the same if all order powers for MiX's own order cost 15, and the latter is signficantly more likely than the former, and NAI.

How would MiX know what the powers in his own order cost?
...by reading his role PM?

Sorry, confused house and order here and thought you meant that he would lnow powers from others in his house.

But I still don't get your point. Each order has access to 1 RP. So not sure what you mean by "all order powers".
Each order has access to 2 Surges, with 2 powers each, plus a special power, equaling 5 powers.

i dont want you to give more information about it. im just confused- didnt you say you have another power in post 830?

Greathallscout

• Pawn
  • he/him wazzup
    • View Profile
« Reply #930 on: June 10, 2020, 02:09:30 pm »

1)I probably could have phrased it better- i guess i thought it was obvious why I thought joth was town since other people responded that they were town after the house-issue. I felt the need to explain why i thought i didnt care too much for the No lynch since some players seemed it was bad enough to think he is scum(that was the parentheses part).

It just sounds like more made-up justification. "I thought it was obvious why I thought joth was town" is just a wild thing to say, in particular. in context. Think about what this means.

He's saying he thought it was so obvious that he was townreading joth for pointing out the game design flaw, that he didn't need to state that in his readlist. Not only that, he thought his reasons were so obvious, that he could put something else in parentheses, after joth's name, and that the reader would somehow know that the stuff in parentheses was not evidence for his townread.

This is just too much. I don't believe this explanation. He just pivoted and got confused because his townread wasn't genuine. He's scum.

right after joth pointed it out. someone called them an IC. In joth!scum position I think they wouldnt have pointed it out and hoped that no one would have because if someone did then town is at a huge advantage.

Greathallscout

• Pawn
  • he/him wazzup
    • View Profile
« Reply #931 on: June 10, 2020, 02:13:32 pm »

I didnt explain most of my reads very well. and If you don't believe that my use of parentheses indicates a paranthetical point that i was making, I'm not sure what I can say more to convince you. If you think the whole list is lame, doesnt it make sense that I'm just not good at making lists?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: June 10, 2020, 02:13:46 pm »

Each order has access to 2 Surges, with 2 powers each, plus a special power, equaling 5 powers.

i dont want you to give more information about it. im just confused- didnt you say you have another power in post 830?

faust has powers outside his order.

right after joth pointed it out. someone called them an IC. In joth!scum position I think they wouldnt have pointed it out and hoped that no one would have because if someone did then town is at a huge advantage.

Was that me, was that meeee, see calling people ICs creates reactions!

Pointing it out first's free town points, why wouldn't scum!joth do that?

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: June 10, 2020, 02:14:07 pm »

Okay, that makes sense.

I think I'm in for trying it, though.

At the very least having some coordination of the investigative roles would be huge, plus some folks keeping he and Glooble safe.

Eddie will be hampered somewhat by the speed that he can open and shut qts (the mod locks and unlocks). He will need to people to be around to respond, and then leave them for the next one.  There are a lot of us in different time zones, so this will be logistically difficult. 

But mostly I think...this is so exciting!!!
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: June 10, 2020, 02:15:56 pm »

There's also a bunch of lurkers (did you know Swan AND Galzria are playing this game?) which makes this plan likely to not work D1. But we should pretend it's working to completion so scum has no idea how far into it Glooble and Uncle got.

Greathallscout

• Pawn
  • he/him wazzup
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: June 10, 2020, 02:18:29 pm »

@mix are you saying that its free points because scum!joth wouldve assumed SOMEONE would have pointed it out?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 10, 2020, 02:19:44 pm »

@mix are you saying that its free points because scum!joth wouldve assumed SOMEONE would have pointed it out?

Yes.

Greathallscout

• Pawn
  • he/him wazzup
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 10, 2020, 02:21:44 pm »

About Eddie: It was already kind of established that he is third party I think. I don't think I necessarily believe that what he told Dylan was true. Seems like a good way to maybe get scum to claim and thus end up with a result that you can share, so there's definitely a pro-town angle here. It's weirder that Dylan didn't claim, I don't see a town reason for that.

Vote: Dylan

Maybe this is a theme of mine that i dont trust that people would figure things out and you guys trust eachothers intellect more. It crossed my mind that eddie might be trying to out scum and i wouldn't have posted it because i would hope scum might fall for it.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: June 10, 2020, 02:31:35 pm »

“I have refused his plan. I have never liked “tell the IC everything” games, so I will not be taking part in delivering anyone’s role info to Glooble. I do this in order to keep the game engaging and fun for all parties.”

Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 10, 2020, 02:32:04 pm »

“I have refused his plan. I have never liked “tell the IC everything” games, so I will not be taking part in delivering anyone’s role info to Glooble. I do this in order to keep the game engaging and fun for all parties.”

Vote: Uncle

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: June 10, 2020, 02:33:23 pm »

There's also a bunch of lurkers (did you know Swan AND Galzria are playing this game?) which makes this plan likely to not work D1. But we should pretend it's working to completion so scum has no idea how far into it Glooble and Uncle got.

Swowl was here yesterday, but Galz and chairs both haven't posted since 6/8.

Request prods on Galz and chairs, please

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #941 on: June 10, 2020, 02:33:33 pm »

I would still much rather lynch scum today.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: June 10, 2020, 02:34:02 pm »

I have refused your plan. I have never liked "trust the third-party" games, so I will not be taking part in an anti-town third-party being alive. I do this in order to keep the game engaging and fun for at least myself, as I believe playing to win is one of the most important things for everyone to have fun.

PPE: Are you absolutely sure you don't want to lynch Eddie?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: June 10, 2020, 02:34:24 pm »

”You wish the game to be boring, do you?”

Uncleeurope Eddie

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 10, 2020, 02:34:54 pm »

Dude, seriously?
vote: Eddie

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #945 on: June 10, 2020, 02:35:46 pm »

Prods sent.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Greathallscout

• Pawn
  • he/him wazzup
    • View Profile
« Reply #946 on: June 10, 2020, 02:36:34 pm »

I believe a no stealing pact would be very good for scum for the reasons GHS outlined, ergo I doubt GHS would outline those reasons. But I acknowledge that given that everyone had already more or less ruled out a no-stealing pact, he might have done it for towncred.

I mean even before people ruled it out it is what most skum would do. Especially in a game like this, with so many players. To have a pact to this extent there would have to be essentially 100% agreement, which skum (or anyone) can assume just isn't gonna happen on Day 1. So, taking the towny approach to the situation is def how I would assume skum to approach it... since it probably ain't gonna happen anyway.

Well before the rule change, we came up with a broken plan for town. why cant there be some consensus with math and logic to the towniest plan?

MiX

• Navigator
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: June 10, 2020, 02:37:16 pm »

I'm used to chairs not being here, to be fair.

I wish to play to win, and you clearly are not playing to win nor for me to win. So, why keep you around?

I believe a no stealing pact would be very good for scum for the reasons GHS outlined, ergo I doubt GHS would outline those reasons. But I acknowledge that given that everyone had already more or less ruled out a no-stealing pact, he might have done it for towncred.

I mean even before people ruled it out it is what most skum would do. Especially in a game like this, with so many players. To have a pact to this extent there would have to be essentially 100% agreement, which skum (or anyone) can assume just isn't gonna happen on Day 1. So, taking the towny approach to the situation is def how I would assume skum to approach it... since it probably ain't gonna happen anyway.

Well before the rule change, we came up with a broken plan for town. why cant there be some consensus with math and logic to the towniest plan?

It's not broken for town for no one to be able to steal.

Greathallscout

• Pawn
  • he/him wazzup
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: June 10, 2020, 02:38:12 pm »

you'll be the star of the show!

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: June 10, 2020, 02:39:14 pm »

you'll be the star of the show!

”It’s not a show I would watch, though.”

Uncleeurope Eddie
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 ... 115  All

Page created in 0.061 seconds with 16 queries.