Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 115  All

Author Topic: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 267515 times)

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #900 on: June 10, 2020, 12:08:49 pm »

vote: MiX

I do think the 15/5 mixup is enough for me to vote.

I could easily see that if all scum order powers cost 15 for Mix to erroneously assume that all order powers are 15.

There is an alternative, that he correctly made this assumption and that those claiming there's are 5 are both lying, in order to frame MiX, but that seems significantly less likely.
No this is bad. You say "all scum order powers cost 15" but it could be the same if all order powers for MiX's own order cost 15, and the latter is signficantly more likely than the former, and NAI.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
Re: RMM56: Stormlight Archive Mafia (PMs sent!)
« Reply #901 on: June 10, 2020, 12:10:29 pm »

A strong voice booms from the sky. It seems like the voice of the Almighty himself.

Glooble is a Child of Honor. I cannot help you more. I am sorry.

mail-mi looks toward Glooble. "Well," he said, "looks like he's one I can trust."

Vote Count 1.6

chairs (1): WestCoastDidds
GreatHallScout (1): Rhand
scolapasta (1): Uncleeurope
faust (1): Galzria
hypercube (1): MiX,
Uncleeurope (3): chairs, cayvie, LaLight
MiX (4): Dylan32, EFHW, jotheonah, scolapasta
Rhand (1): faust
WestCoastDidds (1): hypercube

Not Voting (4): GreatHallScout, Jimmmmm, Swowl, Glooble

With 18 alive it takes 10 to lynch.

Day 1 ends at 3:00pm FT on June 12, 2020.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: June 10, 2020, 12:11:23 pm »

So, Glooble: Do you think we can use Eddie to relay information to you? Or is that too dangerous?

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #903 on: June 10, 2020, 12:16:10 pm »

So, Glooble: Do you think we can use Eddie to relay information to you? Or is that too dangerous?

I'm pretty sure we can trust him to do that. I need to ask the mods a question in my QT which might make me more sure.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: June 10, 2020, 12:18:33 pm »

I could easily see that if all scum order powers cost 15 for Mix to erroneously assume that all order powers are 15.

There is an alternative, that he correctly made this assumption and that those claiming there's are 5 are both lying, in order to frame MiX, but that seems significantly less likely.
No this is bad. You say "all scum order powers cost 15" but it could be the same if all order powers for MiX's own order cost 15, and the latter is signficantly more likely than the former, and NAI.

How would MiX know what the powers in his own order cost?
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: June 10, 2020, 12:20:04 pm »

This. ^ If we decide we can trust Eddie, then these QTs of his are now very useful. Unless there's a catch (what if they're only D1, for example, which could be why he's been trying to ping so many).
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: June 10, 2020, 12:20:18 pm »

I'm pretty sure we can trust him to do that. I need to ask the mods a question in my QT which might make me more sure.

Does he claim to be town-aligned now?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: June 10, 2020, 12:22:03 pm »

...by reading his role PM?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: June 10, 2020, 12:23:41 pm »

So we should all claim to Eddie, who then gives these claims to you, and we can solve the game?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: June 10, 2020, 12:24:34 pm »

Either this game is fundamentally broken, or there is something we're missing about Eddie's role.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #910 on: June 10, 2020, 12:29:32 pm »

Never mind, I don't think the mods can help me here.

Ok, so the setup post says all town and mafia aligned players are Knights Radiant, right? Only faust and cayvie have confirmed the Knights Radiant can have additional powers beyond what their order gives them. Which means the fact that Eddie's powers are not connected to an order doesn't automatically make him not mafia.

His QT power obviously is confirmed. He has mentioned another power which can be confirmed after the first highstorm. It doesn't necessarily seem unbalanced for scum to have a player with this power suite, it just seems like really weird game design.

I'm inclined to say we can trust him to deliver messages. I'm just scared of tanking the whole town if I'm wrong.

PPE:

So we should all claim to Eddie, who then gives these claims to you, and we can solve the game?

How does that solve us the game? From the setup post:

As a last note, not every Order is guaranteed to be in the game. There may be 1 Edgedancer and 1 Skybreaker, or 4 Edgedancers and no Skybreakers.

So what does my knowing everyone's order tell us?

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: June 10, 2020, 12:35:47 pm »

Sorry, confused house and order here and thought you meant that he would lnow powers from others in his house.

But I still don't get your point. Each order has access to 1 RP. So not sure what you mean by "all order powers".

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: June 10, 2020, 12:39:28 pm »

Sorry, confused house and order here and thought you meant that he would lnow powers from others in his house.

But I still don't get your point. Each order has access to 1 RP. So not sure what you mean by "all order powers".
Each order has access to 2 Surges, with 2 powers each, plus a special power, equaling 5 powers.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: June 10, 2020, 12:41:37 pm »

As a last note, not every Order is guaranteed to be in the game. There may be 1 Edgedancer and 1 Skybreaker, or 4 Edgedancers and no Skybreakers.

So what does my knowing everyone's order tell us?
I mean, you can send back Night action orders for everyone, and whoever is noticed working against those will be lynched. We also nail down scum's fakeclaims early on. It seems extremely powerful.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: June 10, 2020, 12:42:36 pm »

Ok, so the setup post says all town and mafia aligned players are Knights Radiant, right? Only faust and cayvie have confirmed the Knights Radiant can have additional powers beyond what their order gives them. Which means the fact that Eddie's powers are not connected to an order doesn't automatically make him not mafia.
I've only read the first book so far, but from a flavor perspective it seems fairly unlikely that Eddie would be a Knight Radiant.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #915 on: June 10, 2020, 12:49:49 pm »

Each order has access to 2 Surges, with 2 powers each, plus a special power, equaling 5 powers.

OK, I have been referring to the order special (non surge) powers.

Particularly, because there is no order for which all 5 powers cost 15.  So one can't make the assumption that all powers cost 15 based on just one's own powers.

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: June 10, 2020, 12:50:10 pm »

Even so, I think I'm onto something here. Sometimes if it walks and talks and smells like a duck, it's a duck. MiX is posting like a person who's working with a different info set than the rest of us.
If MiX would work from tmi, then that would mean all mafia extra order abilities cost 15 or more. The dustbringer one is 5. Mine is 5. I can’t believe mafia doesn’t have a cheap one.

@faust: Why exactly are you still voting me at this point?
It's because I think you're scum. Why shouldn't I be voting for you?
Because you were voting me over a misunderstanding and now you’re parroting me. I have no clue why you would think I am scum.
Come play mafia at mtgsalvation!

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: June 10, 2020, 12:53:44 pm »

Even so, I think I'm onto something here. Sometimes if it walks and talks and smells like a duck, it's a duck. MiX is posting like a person who's working with a different info set than the rest of us.
If MiX would work from tmi, then that would mean all mafia extra order abilities cost 15 or more. The dustbringer one is 5. Mine is 5. I can’t believe mafia doesn’t have a cheap one.

Because you were voting me over a misunderstanding and now you’re parroting me. I have no clue why you would think I am scum.
Your case for being town seems to rest entirely on actions I took. Not a particularly strong defense.

Rhand

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: June 10, 2020, 12:59:06 pm »

Your case for being town seems to rest entirely on actions I took. Not a particularly strong defense.
I can’t defend myself vs nothing :shrug:
Come play mafia at mtgsalvation!

Greathallscout

• Pawn
  • he/him wazzup
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: June 10, 2020, 01:15:01 pm »

Sorry about my inactivity- mixture of moving to a new house and bad internet. I think i will focus now on eddie's qt ability and faust's extra powers versus other's claims. I feel like I missed something as I just skimmed regarding both of those.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: June 10, 2020, 01:24:29 pm »

How is this different from us just all agreeing to full claim in the thread?
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

jotheonah

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: June 10, 2020, 01:26:51 pm »

Toldya Glooble was town.
"I know old meta, and joth is useless day 1 but awesome town day 3 and on." --Teproc

He/him

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #922 on: June 10, 2020, 01:29:04 pm »

Im confirmed town and Eddie is at least confirmed not mafia. There’s a lot I could do knowing everyone’s roles and being able to dm any of them. But there’s a lot scum could do to screw it up.

He/ Him

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #923 on: June 10, 2020, 01:30:53 pm »

Are there any restrictions to eddie's neighborhood creation? do they cost stormlight?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: June 10, 2020, 01:34:35 pm »

Scum does not have any information.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 115  All

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 21 queries.