Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 87  All

Author Topic: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Game Over!  (Read 211935 times)

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
Re: RMM54: Hunger Games Mafia - Day 2
« Reply #1525 on: April 02, 2020, 09:40:33 am »

This doesn't follow.  The poison didn't increase the number of kills yet. It's not relevant to looking at why there was a non-mafia kill last night. Why is ash pretending to give advice?

What?

I am positing that the poison will increase the number of kills.  That is, that we had one kill on N1 does not preclude multi-ball.

I am not pretending to do anything.  Your post seems entirely too antagonistic, especially as literally no one else had such a negative reaction.

There was just a back-and-forth about the existence of more mafia, multiple scum teams, etc.  Some of those posts took into account that there was only one NK, that the claimed vig claimed not to be responsible, and that the target was mafia.  My reaction when reading was that no one seemed to be taking into account the poisoner role, which is not so common.  It could just have been forgotten, so I was reminding folks.

I don't get it. We don't need to know the number of kills to know if there's a third-party, just the fact that there's a NKd mafia tells us that, right? And that it wasn't claimed by anyone.

cayvie

• Explorer
  • old
    • View Profile
« Reply #1526 on: April 02, 2020, 09:50:12 am »

This doesn't follow.  The poison didn't increase the number of kills yet. It's not relevant to looking at why there was a non-mafia kill last night. Why is ash pretending to give advice?

What?

I am positing that the poison will increase the number of kills.  That is, that we had one kill on N1 does not preclude multi-ball.

I am not pretending to do anything.  Your post seems entirely too antagonistic, especially as literally no one else had such a negative reaction.

There was just a back-and-forth about the existence of more mafia, multiple scum teams, etc.  Some of those posts took into account that there was only one NK, that the claimed vig claimed not to be responsible, and that the target was mafia.  My reaction when reading was that no one seemed to be taking into account the poisoner role, which is not so common.  It could just have been forgotten, so I was reminding folks.

I don't get it. We don't need to know the number of kills to know if there's a third-party, just the fact that there's a NKd mafia tells us that, right? And that it wasn't claimed by anyone.

i pretty much concur with MiX here; other explanations become vanishingly unlikely the longer we go with nobody claiming the kill.
18:28 MEASURE YOUR LIFE IN LOVE: you shouldve done the decent thing and resign rather than go on being that lucky all the time

she/her

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1527 on: April 02, 2020, 10:33:41 am »

Thank you both for agreeing with me.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1528 on: April 02, 2020, 11:32:51 am »

What?

i pretty much concur with MiX here; other explanations become vanishingly unlikely the longer we go with nobody claiming the kill.

"Longer" meaning more in game days, right? Because I don't really see a reason why someone wouldn't claim it earlier today and change their mind. Other than perhaps being close to lynched.

Lekkit

• 2011 Swedish Champion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Lekkit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1529 on: April 02, 2020, 11:35:30 am »

I'm hoping to be somewhat around for the next couple of hours, but I'll put a vote down.

Vote: scolapasta

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #1530 on: April 02, 2020, 11:57:23 am »

I'll be back before deadline.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1531 on: April 02, 2020, 12:22:05 pm »

What?

This
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1532 on: April 02, 2020, 01:59:08 pm »

So what are your conclusions from the "this"ing, Didds?  What should my conclusions be?

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1533 on: April 02, 2020, 02:48:47 pm »

Other people's reactions are irrelevant.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1534 on: April 02, 2020, 03:26:55 pm »

Vote Count 2.7:

scolapasta (6): faust, ADK, WCD, Cayvie, Glooble, Lekkit (L-2)
Ashersky (3): EFHW, scolapasta, Shraeye
faust (2): MiX, LaLight
Cayvie (1): Jimmm

Not Voting (2): E!, Ashersky

With 14 alive, takes 8 players to lynch.
Deadline for Day 2 is April 2nd at 9:12pm Forum Time. That is less than 6 hours from now!
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #1535 on: April 02, 2020, 03:38:58 pm »

So what are your conclusions from the "this"ing, Didds?  What should my conclusions be?

EFHW seems to have a more aggressive posture than usual.  Both with ashersky and then here

I am not sure I have any big conclusions, but I didn't want to lose it in the event that I don't die...or in the event that I do.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1536 on: April 02, 2020, 03:53:02 pm »

If I am to be lynched, please don't finish me off until I have a chance (after work hours, before deadline) to type a few things! :)
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1537 on: April 02, 2020, 03:56:24 pm »

If I am to be lynched, please don't finish me off until I have a chance (after work hours, before deadline) to type a few things! :)

It you can summarize it now?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1538 on: April 02, 2020, 04:14:24 pm »

Went back and read d2.

Well, skimmed more like it. There were some interesting arguments and such.

In the end, I don't think anything D2 movers the needle from where I was leaning after the flips, which is on pasta.

I may fall asleep and not wake up until the day is over, so

Vote: scolapasta

L-1

Time to say what you have on your mind
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1539 on: April 02, 2020, 04:19:47 pm »

It you can summarize it now?

Not so much, on work call.
Feel free to join us at scolapasta's cards for discussion on any of my custom cards.

Glooble

• Bishop
    • View Profile
    • Solutions to Problems
« Reply #1540 on: April 02, 2020, 04:26:07 pm »

I've been watching a lot of Voyager during this quarantine, and I definitely heard this in 7 of 9's voice.

I think town!Glooble pointing to something as a scum tell and then shortly thereafter doing that thing is a lot more likely than scum!Glooble doing that.

He/ Him

Check out my podcast: www.stppodcast.com

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1541 on: April 02, 2020, 05:34:49 pm »

OK, so I'm at L-1, pretty sure Ash is about to hammer me, unless someone unvotes first.

Don't see what I can do to change anyone's mind - though I'll point out that Shraeye, my District mate, who seemed so sure I was scum, hasn't voted for me. Not sure if that means he no longer thinks I'm scum, but I suggest we ask him and wait to see what he says?

Without that the only "evidence" against me is:
• I didn't vote for either raptor or mail-mi on D1. Yes, they ended up both being mafia, but this was D1 folks. I mean, maybe it's just my being a rookie, but I think we just got lucky - I don't see a lot of info that supports are being able to "know" they were scum.

• my actual voting was for Shraeye, because OMGUS, and it made no sense to me (still doesn't), and ash, who has been suspect by many others. I don't think that's a bad track record.

• oh and apparently I sounded like I was trying to hard to sound like town. Or maybe, wild idea, I said those things, because I am town??

I will say my shraeye being town theory - that was purely to help the team. I don't think that thinking he is town for that reasoning adds any evidence to my not being town. i.e. there was not self serving in putting that theory out. I am not saying that now as a defense. Just for y'all to consider if/when I'm gone.

Last thing here: the one other thing I did say somewhere was that I had a role that was probably better for scum, and that I don't know how to sue effectively. In retrospect, I feel like that helped put a target on my back, as there's less reason to keep me around. Why would I do that?

So here's my role: 2-shot Role Blocker. Do you agree that better for scum? (i.e. I had on idea who to try to block N1, so did not)
. If I do live tonight, and we have two strong (other than me!) suspects, we could lynch one and I block the other.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1542 on: April 02, 2020, 05:36:13 pm »

Oh, and I'm about to step out for a quick walk. If I'm still around when I get back and you want me to answer some other questions, let me know. (I still may or may not, but it seems to me it's probably helpful to answer if it helps save me)

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #1543 on: April 02, 2020, 05:40:33 pm »

Oh, when you got to L-1 I was very tempted to just hammer away.  But I thought I'd listen to your words (here or in the QT) first.  Just read them, haven't mentally processed yet.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1544 on: April 02, 2020, 05:42:43 pm »

OK, walking out the door now - it'll be fun to see if I'm still here when I get back! :)

@shraeye, if you have any QT questions, feel free to ask too.

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1545 on: April 02, 2020, 05:43:50 pm »

OK, so I'm at L-1, pretty sure Ash is about to hammer me, unless someone unvotes first.

Don't see what I can do to change anyone's mind - though I'll point out that Shraeye, my District mate, who seemed so sure I was scum, hasn't voted for me. Not sure if that means he no longer thinks I'm scum, but I suggest we ask him and wait to see what he says?

• I didn't vote for either raptor or mail-mi on D1. Yes, they ended up both being mafia, but this was D1 folks. I mean, maybe it's just my being a rookie, but I think we just got lucky - I don't see a lot of info that supports are being able to "know" they were scum.

• my actual voting was for Shraeye, because OMGUS, and it made no sense to me (still doesn't), and ash, who has been suspect by many others. I don't think that's a bad track record.

• oh and apparently I sounded like I was trying to hard to sound like town. Or maybe, wild idea, I said those things, because I am town??

I will say my shraeye being town theory - that was purely to help the team. I don't think that thinking he is town for that reasoning adds any evidence to my not being town. i.e. there was not self serving in putting that theory out. I am not saying that now as a defense. Just for y'all to consider if/when I'm gone.

Last thing here: the one other thing I did say somewhere was that I had a role that was probably better for scum, and that I don't know how to sue effectively. In retrospect, I feel like that helped put a target on my back, as there's less reason to keep me around. Why would I do that?

So here's my role: 2-shot Role Blocker. Do you agree that better for scum? (i.e. I had on idea who to try to block N1, so did not)
. If I do live tonight, and we have two strong (other than me!) suspects, we could lynch one and I block the other.

I would not want to lynch faust or ash over you. Who would be your top candidate after them?
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1546 on: April 02, 2020, 05:45:07 pm »

Seems town.

Is there a point in rereading scola or is this like the only non-ash non-faust lynch we can do today?

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1547 on: April 02, 2020, 06:24:11 pm »

I would not want to lynch faust or ash over you. Who would be your top candidate after them?

After ash and faust?

My strongest town reads are Jimmmm, WCD, EFHW, so not them.

I still have my suspicions about MiX, and cayvie, and e. probably in that order. I might also through Lekkit in there, but that's mostly because I think I haven't had any read on them.

scolapasta

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1548 on: April 02, 2020, 06:25:34 pm »

After ash and faust?

My strongest town reads are Jimmmm, WCD, EFHW, so not them.

I still have my suspicions about MiX, and cayvie, and e. probably in that order. I might also through Lekkit in there, but that's mostly because I think I haven't had any read on them.

OK, this is funny, I went back to see Lekkit's most recent post and found this:
"People I definately won't want to lynch is e, cayvie and MiX."

which is the exact opposite of what I just said!

A Drowned Kernel

• 2015 World Champion
  • They/Them
    • View Profile
« Reply #1549 on: April 02, 2020, 07:04:57 pm »

Seems town.

Is there a point in rereading scola or is this like the only non-ash non-faust lynch we can do today?

Anything is possible if you believe in yourself
The perfect engine
But it will never go off
Three piles are empty
Pages: 1 ... 60 61 [62] 63 64 ... 87  All

Page created in 0.056 seconds with 16 queries.