Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 67  All

Author Topic: BM27: Bad Idea Mafia- Game Over, Everyone Loses!  (Read 172877 times)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
Re: BM27: Bad Idea Mafia (Day Three)
« Reply #850 on: November 22, 2019, 05:14:44 am »

Vote:Datswan
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: November 22, 2019, 05:18:46 am »

Vote:DatSwan
Roleclaim. Everything I said yesterday still stands. You were way too resistant to telling us you were vanillaized, and now you're being difficult in telling us what your role was before.

On the Space front, I'm pretty sure he knew what he was doing, but tried to make it seem like it was a mistake, taking advantage of the confusion to end the day early. The post where he hammered had way too much thought put on into it. If it was a simple message followed by the vote i'd be much more inclined to believe it was incompetence.

read better.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: November 22, 2019, 05:21:10 am »

Roleclaim. Everything I said yesterday still stands. You were way too resistant to telling us you were vanillaized, and now you're being difficult in telling us what your role was before.

On the Space front, I'm pretty sure he knew what he was doing, but tried to make it seem like it was a mistake, taking advantage of the confusion to end the day early. The post where he hammered had way too much thought put on into it. If it was a simple message followed by the vote i'd be much more inclined to believe it was incompetence.

read better.

also your pursuit of my role claim is extremely skummy. I could easily fake claim most things as skum. Also, your unwillingness to read through one of (if not my only) substantial post, prior to hammering down on your channel that you already were pursing is continually skummy.

I am on space today, but you are next on my list at this point. too lazy of play for someone pretending to put in the work.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: November 22, 2019, 05:27:37 am »

read better.

also, space prefers they or she. I have messed it up enough myself, but it is their preference.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: November 22, 2019, 05:28:15 am »

see how I read your post instead of having a pre composed assault ready for the first thing you said?

read better.

also, space prefers they or she. I have messed it up enough myself, but it is their preference.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: November 22, 2019, 05:29:06 am »

see how I read your post instead of having a pre composed assault ready for the first thing you said?

read better.

I messed up the last quote - but if you read it you will find it.
real good. That’s how

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Brightgalrs
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: November 22, 2019, 05:29:40 am »

read better.
Yeah I see it now.
DatSwan discarded Nurse – Turned Vanilla Night 1 - I chose 1-Shot Kingmaker. I did not use my shot Night 1.
What would your strategy have been? What was your thought process?

also your pursuit of my role claim is extremely skummy. I could easily fake claim most things as skum. Also, your unwillingness to read through one of (if not my only) substantial post, prior to hammering down on your channel that you already were pursing is continually skummy. .
You're far better off admitting to your mistake, that you should've told us you were vanillaized ASAP, then lashing out like a child a casting suspicion on me. Do you seriously deny that your behavior yesterday was illogical? This is independent of any suspicion, if you are town, you fucked up.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: November 22, 2019, 05:53:42 am »

read better.
Yeah I see it now.
DatSwan discarded Nurse – Turned Vanilla Night 1 - I chose 1-Shot Kingmaker. I did not use my shot Night 1.
What would your strategy have been? What was your thought process?

also your pursuit of my role claim is extremely skummy. I could easily fake claim most things as skum. Also, your unwillingness to read through one of (if not my only) substantial post, prior to hammering down on your channel that you already were pursing is continually skummy. .
You're far better off admitting to your mistake, that you should've told us you were vanillaized ASAP, then lashing out like a child a casting suspicion on me. Do you seriously deny that your behavior yesterday was illogical? This is independent of any suspicion, if you are town, you fucked up.

1) Good thanks for trying a little

2) Strategy was to wait for there to be a form of an IC'd player (mason claim, actual IC, things like that) then make them king. Obviously claim myself out the beginning of day limiting the field. My hope was that i could use it later in the game, given how many factions could possibly exist. But because of the investigation roles, I assumed I would get a chance to use it if I lived long enough. Alternatively, I could take a role that could potentially be VT, or I could die first. I thought the utility weighed in the favor of Kingmaker. FWIW - I was only going to use the shot on essentially confirmed town - I would of held it through the end unless needed different if we did not have a MIC+.

3) You are being irrational here. You are thinking from your perspective. I have already stated that I was going to come out with it prior to the end of day. Why would I admit it at the beginning? All that does is give the ones that know it was done a channel to start segueing the conversations of the day towards that topic. As it turns out it was mute... as the end game was to catch the person that targeted me... Faust came out... so I claimed... they were lying (which I called), and then someone happened to kill MiX which puts all the effort to vain. But it wasn't useless at the time I did it. I am not saying that town should ever withhold relevant info... but like, to an extent. There is a difference between me "not claiming it" and there being literally less than a IRL day between me checking in and then people finding me skummy for not saying something. If I had to do it again, I would of withheld the info longer to expand the game day, if anything - that was my mistake - claiming too early.

Also my pursuit of you is independent of our conversation here. I do no think you are skummy because you thinky I am skum... I think you are skummy because your logic does not parse with how town would play my role in my spot.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: November 22, 2019, 06:05:50 am »

Also, I should point out my initial reasoning.

I assume everyone got there on there own, but prior to any claim or anything like that, my first thought was "by me claiming VT I help skum limit the pool of people they want to kill".

Would not assume I need to point that out, but as it appears I need to spell things out to some folks here, i wanted to make sure I got it in.

real good. That’s how

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: November 22, 2019, 06:08:49 am »

Vote:LL

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: November 22, 2019, 06:11:41 am »

You don't put spaces, because you don't want Space to be in your vote?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: November 22, 2019, 06:13:46 am »

You don't put spaces, because you don't want Space to be in your vote?
Vote: LL

WestCoastDidds

• Ambassador
  • Shuffle iT Username: WestCoastDidds
  • Didds, ya'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: November 22, 2019, 06:31:52 am »

Good morning, peoples!

Oh, pour one out for e. He was bringing much needed levity to the game.

I like what Swan is doing more than I like what Brighty is doing.
classic Diddsian meddling
I never got to read what Didds said, but whatever she's saying, she's right.

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: November 22, 2019, 06:58:42 am »

On the Space front, I'm pretty sure he knew what he was doing.

As others have now said, I'm not a "he". I react almost as badly to being "default he" online as I do to being called "lady" or "ma'am" IRL.. please stick to they/them if you can handle that, or she/her if not. Thanks!

As for knowing what I'm doing, take a look at the timestamp and my timezone :-P It was 01.20am for me at that point, and I have to try to be actually asleep by 01.00 in order to be functional in the office the next day. I saw that Joseph had unvoted amidst a discussion on not wanting a hammer, so I dropped a vote and then felt okay about going to bed. Obviously you have no reason or evidence to believe me, but people who know my meta can probably tell you that being verbose and explaining things is just me, especially when super-sleepy :-)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: November 22, 2019, 07:00:56 am »

Good morning, peoples!

Oh, pour one out for e. He was bringing much needed levity to the game.

Didn't Swan pretty much say "yeah, Space would do that" in one post, and then vote me in the next? That doesn't seem very believable as a real thought-out position at all.

Conversely, other than Bright's default-he-ing of me, I like how his brain works :-)

Vote: Swan
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: November 22, 2019, 07:05:59 am »

I have already stated that I was going to come out with it prior to the end of day. Why would I admit it at the beginning? All that does is give the ones that know it was done a channel to start segueing the conversations of the day towards that topic.
I'm not following how that conversation would go.
DatSwan: Guys I was Vanilla-ized last night, there is at least one Alien Vanillaizer in this game. Maybe even one of the kills last night was from them, there might not be a Serial Killer at all.
Alien (let's say MiX himself): Okay let's start talking about that, etc. etc.
Then what?

they were lying (which I called), and then someone happened to kill MiX which puts all the effort to vain. But it wasn't useless at the time I did it.
faust never claimed to be the Vanillaizer, just that his faction had one. It appears you mistakenly believed that. However, it appears you did indeed believe he was lying about that:
I suppose it doesn't have to be him who did it

I am not saying that town should ever withhold relevant info... but like, to an extent.
That's what all this is all about. You had information that didn't reach that extent, yet kept it withheld because... conversations could've been steered in that direction? Or.. you didn't see how it would help?

There is a difference between me "not claiming it" and there being literally less than a IRL day between me checking in and then people finding me skummy for not saying something.
Suspicion was directed at you (then-unknown to us) since faust claimed.

Here's a summary of events for your convenience:
  • November 19, 9:30am - Day Start
  • November 19, Between 9:30am and 4:15pm - DatSwan checks the thread (or at least his QT), doesn't post
  • November 19, 4:15pm - faust claims Alien, claims someone was Vanillaized
  • November 20, 1:20am - DatSwan posts, doesn't say anything about being Vanillaized
  • November 20, 11:15am - faust gives us DatSwan's name
  • November 20, 4:00pm - DatSwan confirms he was Vanillaized
Event two is implied by this:
2) I chose not to say anything at first because I did not see how it would help. Then Faust claimed.
The less than IRL day you are talking about is between events 5 and 6. But suspicion had been cast on you since event 3, when faust claimed.

Following through on yesterday's events? Would've been weird if everyone just forgot about it, wouldn't it?

Vote: Swan
Okay, Unvote: DatSwan. I'm clearly being distracting.

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: November 22, 2019, 07:08:02 am »

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: November 22, 2019, 08:59:43 am »

On the Space front, I'm pretty sure he knew what he was doing.

As others have now said, I'm not a "he". I react almost as badly to being "default he" online as I do to being called "lady" or "ma'am" IRL.. please stick to they/them if you can handle that, or she/her if not. Thanks!

As for knowing what I'm doing, take a look at the timestamp and my timezone :-P It was 01.20am for me at that point, and I have to try to be actually asleep by 01.00 in order to be functional in the office the next day. I saw that Joseph had unvoted amidst a discussion on not wanting a hammer, so I dropped a vote and then felt okay about going to bed. Obviously you have no reason or evidence to believe me, but people who know my meta can probably tell you that being verbose and explaining things is just me, especially when super-sleepy :-)

Ma'am is the word I use when somebody is being an entire butt at work. Totally agree it falls harder into the insult category than compliment!

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: November 22, 2019, 09:19:41 am »

Was anybody else on the "not faust" side of life yesterday?

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: November 22, 2019, 09:51:39 am »

Also, just checked my QT and I got vanilla'd.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: November 22, 2019, 09:58:37 am »

What was your role before?

Brightgalrs

• Pawn
  • pubby smells
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: November 22, 2019, 10:06:09 am »

He shouldn't claim before, say, Space does. The point I'm making with Swan is that he acted suspiciously, and then was resistant to roleclaiming. Being a role with no abilities (meaning there's no danger to them if they claim) isn't grounds to make someone claim.

Post and word count for yesterday will be posted shortly.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: November 22, 2019, 10:08:21 am »

Is there a negative thing that would happen with her claim?
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: November 22, 2019, 10:14:24 am »

He shouldn't claim before, say, Space does. The point I'm making with Swan is that he acted suspiciously, and then was resistant to roleclaiming. Being a role with no abilities (meaning there's no danger to them if they claim) isn't grounds to make someone claim.

Post and word count for yesterday will be posted shortly.

I'll do whatever I want and I'm not about to ask permission.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: November 22, 2019, 10:14:32 am »

Town Nymphomaniac. Honestly, how could I pass that up?
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 67  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 20 queries.