Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 298314 times)

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 4)
« Reply #2350 on: February 24, 2019, 05:14:07 pm »

Vote Count 4.2

silverspawn (1): faust
faust (1): silverspawn

Not Voting (5): Debatepro, arishipshape, EFHW, raerae, Uncleeurope

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.
Day 4 ends March 03, 2019, 04:00:00 pm.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2351 on: February 24, 2019, 05:55:10 pm »

So the biggest shift has been to move silver into that second group, so I am more likely to read a compelling case against him with more neutral eyes. Whereas prior to this day I viewed him as towny.

Why is that? Aren't all the things that made me town yesterday still true?

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #2352 on: February 24, 2019, 06:33:39 pm »

So the biggest shift has been to move silver into that second group, so I am more likely to read a compelling case against him with more neutral eyes. Whereas prior to this day I viewed him as towny.

Why is that? Aren't all the things that made me town yesterday still true?

Fair enough, I can’t think of anything, just trying to re-examining my assumptions.

This is an ass kicking, so part of me is thinking there may be two very good players on team scum and there are only so many of those around. If there is only one their doing some good coaching.

I asked this question before and no one answered, what is the rough win percentage for town in a closed setup, because this looks imbalanced.
FNG

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #2353 on: February 24, 2019, 06:38:17 pm »

Between 40 and 45% I'd guess, but I don't think anyone has gone and actually counted. It's definitely not intended that it's under 50% if there are only two factions.

(If there are three factions, it should be 33-33-33, so the overall winrate should be below 50%).

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2354 on: February 24, 2019, 07:03:21 pm »

Well, I'm ready to vote as soon as debate and Ari answer my questions.
This the question you talking about?
Ari, can I get your lunch order, please?
If so, for my last meal I shall have seafood. Like, pretty much any halveway decent seafood.
Vote: Arishipshape
Ok, yesterday and the day before that, I was a lot more chill with my lynch. I kinda gave up proving my townieness as a lost cause, and figured you could lynch me and have it over with. Now, that has changed. We are now at Lynch right or Lose. Therefore, i'm going to have to demand a better case than "you were fake at the start of day 2". Why, in exact and excruciatingly glorious detail, are you voting for me?

She meant your lynch order, as in ranking all of us in the order you would lynch them.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #2355 on: February 24, 2019, 07:37:02 pm »

If so, for my last meal I shall have seafood. Like, pretty much any halveway decent seafood.
Ok, yesterday and the day before that, I was a lot more chill with my lynch. I kinda gave up proving my townieness as a lost cause, and figured you could lynch me and have it over with. Now, that has changed. We are now at Lynch right or Lose. Therefore, i'm going to have to demand a better case than "you were fake at the start of day 2". Why, in exact and excruciatingly glorious detail, are you voting for me?

She meant your lynch order, as in ranking all of us in the order you would lynch them.

Seconded.

@Ari, I think it's cute you pretending like you didn't know what I was talking about like my phone hasn't been autocorrecting lynch to lunch all game. Just. F-ing. Adooooorrrrrrable.

arishipshape

• Salvager
  • Shuffle iT Username: arishipshape
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: February 24, 2019, 07:46:17 pm »

Seconded.

@Ari, I think it's cute you pretending like you didn't know what I was talking about like my phone hasn't been autocorrecting lynch to lunch all game. Just. F-ing. Adooooorrrrrrable.
I thought lunch was a running gag, and I was trying to take part in it. I would lynch faust, then uncle, then probably efhw. I have no idea whats roles are in this game, and with the dozens upon dozens of role possibilities it seems like fakeclaiming one of them is a pretty smart move.
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: February 24, 2019, 07:53:51 pm »

Seconded.

I thought lunch was a running gag, and I was trying to take part in it. I would lynch faust, then uncle, then probably efhw. I have no idea whats roles are in this game, and with the dozens upon dozens of role possibilities it seems like fakeclaiming one of them is a pretty smart move.

Why not silver, you are high on his list, shouldn't town!ari scrutinize and be skeptical of him. If you are not, why?
FNG

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: February 24, 2019, 07:59:18 pm »

Seconded.

Why not silver, you are high on his list, shouldn't town!ari scrutinize and be skeptical of him. If you are not, why?
Silver stayed under my radar by not giving literally any reasons for voting for me. Thats actually way way scummier than uncle, who at least has a halve baked one.
arishipshape
Silver, why the heck do you find me scummy? This is lylo, the town has to get it's act together
Words I like: Flourish, Mountebank, Masquerade, Cogitate, Touché, Aerial ace, Tricorn, Shenanigans

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: February 24, 2019, 08:08:28 pm »

Silver stayed under my radar by not giving literally any reasons for voting for me. Thats actually way way scummier than uncle, who at least has a halve baked one.
arishipshape
Silver, why the heck do you find me scummy? This is lylo, the town has to get it's act together

This response is rubbish. The case is stronger against you on this day than the previous days. I suspect people believe it isn't very informative to lynch you. Your degree of newbness and feigned ignorance fluctuates wildly.
FNG

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: February 24, 2019, 08:09:27 pm »

This response is rubbish. The case is stronger against you on this day than the previous days. I suspect people believe it isn't very informative to lynch you. Your degree of newbness and feigned ignorance fluctuates wildly.
What case?

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: February 24, 2019, 08:18:40 pm »

What case?
Dude you hammered a town without announcing your intent to hammer.
FNG

arishipshape

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: February 24, 2019, 08:20:28 pm »

I swear, on the last shred of honor that I may or may not have preserved in this train wreck of a game, that that hammer was completely un-intentional.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: February 24, 2019, 09:50:12 pm »

EFHW, Uncle, how about Debate?  You guys want to make that lynch happen? 

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: February 24, 2019, 10:10:12 pm »

I would probably prefer doing him later rather than sooner.

But I am definitely willing to lynch him overall.

That being said, I am suspicious that you asking me and EFHW suggests that you are not asking what you appear to be asking, and my opinion will sway you negatively.

Uncleeurope Eddie

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: February 24, 2019, 10:12:26 pm »

That being said, I am suspicious that you asking me and EFHW suggests that you are not asking what you appear to be asking, and my opinion will sway you negatively.

1) Why later?
2) What do you think I'm asking? 
3) I'll explain everything, I promise this time I'm not just asking to ask. 

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: February 24, 2019, 10:21:13 pm »

I want a silver lynch.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: February 24, 2019, 10:23:09 pm »

I want a silver lynch.

Cool, I don't think you're wrong but just hear me out.  After Eddie comes back.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: February 24, 2019, 10:43:21 pm »

1) Why later?

1. I think Lynching other people enables a higher chance at another day.
2. You are asking your scumreads who to kill as a way to then do the opposite.
3. Okay

Uncleeurope Eddie

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: February 24, 2019, 10:51:34 pm »

1) Why later?

1. I think Lynching other people enables a higher chance at another day.
2. You are asking your scumreads who to kill as a way to then do the opposite.
3. Okay

Naw, you two cool.  I'm pretty sure it's you, me, EFHW, and faust.  I'm pretty sure they're (Ari and silver) protecting Debate (notice how he's getting about as much suspicion as me and EFHW?) so I think that means he's got the PR, or at least the one they want to protect the most.  Which is why I'd prefer his lynch today.  You game?

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2370 on: February 24, 2019, 11:06:54 pm »

Well that’s a switch from your previous beliefs.

Interesting theory about him being the PR... There comes a point where their power role doesn’t matter, though, but I don’t know.

If he is Ninja then that kicks EFHW’s influence up a lot.

Ehhhh, I would still probably push one of the other’s first to be safe. Ehhhhhhhhh...

Uncleeurope Eddie

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2371 on: February 24, 2019, 11:12:15 pm »

Well that’s a switch from your previous beliefs.

Interesting theory about him being the PR... There comes a point where their power role doesn’t matter, though, but I don’t know.

If he is Ninja then that kicks EFHW’s influence up a lot.

Ehhhh, I would still probably push one of the other’s first to be safe. Ehhhhhhhhh...

Yeah, definitely a switch but you know I'm town so you know it's genuine.  I think silver's a slamdunk but I'll be dead tomorrow and EFHW won't have a result again.  If we kill Debate today EFHW has a better shot at a result but may not survive the night.  I think it's the right thing to do and, sorry I'm gambling with your life, EFHW, I think it's worth the risk.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2372 on: February 24, 2019, 11:39:29 pm »

And, for what it's worth, when I suggested an EFHW lynch at the beginning of the day I was fishing, hoping scum would see it as an easy lynch since the IC suggested it.  Clearly they are clever devils.  That is highly disappointing.

Debatepro

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #2373 on: February 25, 2019, 12:23:50 am »

If you lynch me we will have extra free time to join a new game. This game is not being powned by a team that includes Ari and Debatepro with a coach.

We are losing in an epic way, this will be a perfect scum win, new players can’t pull this off.
FNG

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #2374 on: February 25, 2019, 12:24:20 am »

And consider what a silver lunch does re: faust. Does it make him town? Do we consider a faust lunch tomorrow? I think it hurts us to kill one of them today IF we're willing to entertain the thought of them being a team.
Pages: 1 ... 93 94 [95] 96 97 ... 100  All

Page created in 0.076 seconds with 20 queries.