Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 100  All

Author Topic: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Game Over, Perfect Mafia Victory!)  (Read 297834 times)

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
Re: M121: Philosophers Mafia Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #550 on: January 30, 2019, 05:42:55 pm »

I should mention the reasons I found 339 scummy. 1. It's setting up lynches with the silver/faust thing. 2. "good chance to catch scum there" clangs as scummy to me. 3. DatSwan explained his inattentiveness as due to real life issues (sickness and work). I think LaLight is being inattentive himself.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 30, 2019, 06:14:24 pm »

No-one interested in LaLight?
Possibly. They aren't high on my town list
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 30, 2019, 06:15:47 pm »

And as for faust, no need to lynch him today
If he's town, he'll probably get NKed N1 like usual

Also I don't think he's that scummy (now he has been actually contributing to the game)
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

UmbrageOfSnow

• Moneylender
  • Shuffle iT Username: Umbrageofsnow
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 30, 2019, 06:22:33 pm »

Vote Count 1.8

MiX (4): Debatepro, shraeye, raerae, arishipshape
raerae (3): LaLight, Joseph2302, mail-mi
LaLight (2): silverspawn, EFHW
DatSwan (1): faust
shraeye (1): MiX
mail-mi (1): DatSwan
arishipshape (1): Uncleeurope

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to lynch.
Day 1 ends February 01, 2019, 05:00:00 pm. That's in a bit less than 47 hours.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 30, 2019, 07:00:17 pm »

I'll sheep EFHW on that.

vote: lalight
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: January 30, 2019, 07:16:06 pm »

I should mention the reasons I found 339 scummy. 1. It's setting up lynches with the silver/faust thing. 2. "good chance to catch scum there" clangs as scummy to me. 3. DatSwan explained his inattentiveness as due to real life issues (sickness and work). I think LaLight is being inattentive himself.

Good point. Also, IIRC, in the last game I played awhile back LL was scum and he did a similar scum bucket.

Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

raerae

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: raerae
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 30, 2019, 07:32:21 pm »

So for fun let's look at the two biggest wagons.  Obviously these aren't the only lunch options but we need to start narrowing this down.
 Cases boiled down below, if I've totally misread something please feel free to correct.

On MiX: Debatepro, shraeye, raerae, arishipshape

Debatepro: voted MiX on #71, hasn't moved since, doesn't like the types of questions MiX is asking, sees MiX as trying to throw suspicion on nearly everybody else, some of this reads like confirmation bias but some seems legit, doesn't read scum to me
shraeye: voted MiX on #111, case is for calling out some people and not other, being both worried and not worried about votes on him, also mimicking "town" behavior as described by ss
ari: first voted in #51 for RVS, voted again in #81 for buddying and later for being cool w/being at L-2, unvoted at #156, voted again sometime (there were a bunch of votes and unvotes) this time for buddying and painting ari as defensive, seems too impulsive to be scum
rae: case and final vote is #329, shows knowledge of shraeye's intent pre-game

On me: LaLight, Joseph2302, mail-mi

LaLight: voted #333 for asking questions and doing no scumhunting, has not expanded since
Joseph & mail-mi: no explanation

MiX

• Navigator
  • Shuffle iT Username: MiX
  • It's me.
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: January 30, 2019, 08:08:28 pm »

So for fun let's look at the two biggest wagons. 

looks at MiX and raerae's wagons

Don't forget about LaLight!

I should probably step in: I'm fine with a LaLight lynch, but I would much prefer a shraeye lynch...I've been rereading some of his games, what I've concluded thus far is that he's much more consistent as scum, whereas he jokes way more as town. Now, I've only read 3 games, but I think this is a decent pool for me to get a taste of his meta...I'd love to hear the opinions from anyone who has more information on shraeye's meta (especially raerae). This meta matches with scum!shraeye this game, in fact, I'm confident enough to make a case:

- His initial vote on me is classic scumhunting: obvious, low effort and pro-town, I see this as scummy, since he doesn't do much between this and saying the reason.

- When stating his reason on his first vote, he compounds this with my flailing, saying that I went back and forth on his case; then, when I defended it, he essencially disregarded it, using it to further his scumread: I believe no one would do this as town; yes, WIFOM states that scum wouldn't do it either, but shraeye has definitly commited to mislynch me, at worst he doesn't have to make a good case on someone else, at best he gets a free mislynch based on towny's cases on me.

- Throws a lot of shade on uncle, especially for "looking for scummy things" against EFHW; I think that was towny from Uncle, as I was doing the same, I never said anything because I hadn't found enough, but uncle clearly thought otherwise, EFHW was an unscrutinized player and needed some pressure.

- Gives a townread on raerae, which is a very safe play, as she said (he would be called out if he hadn't said it), and...I don't see any more scumreads. For me this signals he very clearly intends to mislynch me today and will figure out the rest as he goes along, which is fine, scum only needs 1 scumread per day.

All in all, what I would expect as scum, almost TOO perfectly. Everyone, please tell me all the confirmation bias I am in, I have to admit I've never done a case on scum before, not of this importance, usually all that was needed was "oh he's fakeclaiming, lynch"; I would love EVERYONE's opinion on this.

mail-mi, ewww on that raerae vote, no explanation at this stage of the day is bad, as raerae posted, no one has good cases on her, if she's scum you'll need to convince people to join her wagon man.

And just to be clear, I also reread DatSwan and LaLight and I find both of them to be scummy.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 30, 2019, 08:34:59 pm »

@MiX I'm still trying to understand what exactly is going on in this game. My reread was more like a detailed skim. I'm excited to get to day 2 so I can start with a fresh day.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 30, 2019, 09:03:48 pm »

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but is there any advantage to going to the end of d1 with a no lynch, especially when there isn't enough of a consensus? I mean i'd rather come out of N1 3v12 then 3v11.

Is the value of not accidentally lynching a towny worth the information gained in after the n1 kill?

FNG

Debatepro

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Debatepr0
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: January 30, 2019, 09:05:01 pm »

... out of N1 3v12 then 3v11.
Revised... 3v9 than 3v8.
FNG

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 30, 2019, 10:30:40 pm »

Kid woke up mid-post so I kind of had to rush that.  We've got 7 people on those two wagons, while it's possible that all seven of them are town, that just seems unlikely.  Basically I'm trying to narrow the field here.  I think the wagon on me is the scummiest since none of them have given reason for voting for me.  I'm going to vote: mail-mi, he's not giving reasons AND he knows my play.  I'm less cool with a LL lynch simply because you're advocating it, no offense, just can't vote at the recommendation of somebody I think is scummy.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 30, 2019, 10:59:00 pm »

I'm sure this is a stupid question, but is there any advantage to going to the end of d1 with a no lynch, especially when there isn't enough of a consensus? I mean i'd rather come out of N1 3v12 then 3v11.

Is the value of not accidentally lynching a towny worth the information gained in after the n1 kill?

Not a stupid question but there's been much debate about it on both sides over the years.  I think generally it's considered a better idea later game depending on how lynches and NKs have gone but I can't give you any concrete facts saying one way or the other.  I'm against it strictly because I think lynching moves the game along.  It isn't a great reason but it's the only one I got.

shraeye

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: shraeye
  • More Graph Theory please
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: January 30, 2019, 11:00:12 pm »

Giving passes for activity is NOT a good idea.  It's the flipside of lynching somebody for not being around.  Dislike.
Who is this respnding to? Are you under the impression that anyone is giviing MiX an activity pass? Because I didn't see anything like that.
Literally responding to you

I will not accept being the mislynch: I am very easily the most active player in the entire game, removing me from the game now is the biggest mistake town could make.
Seconded. Scum loves all this attention on MiX.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: January 30, 2019, 11:00:55 pm »

@silverspawn
you ducked the important question in that post.  He's your chance to correct that.

Yeah, I have no idea why I was voting for her, though, and you probably don't have a great reason, either, so I don't think that means as much.
......why you assuming Joseph's lack of reasons?

Also, why you not giving raerae and me vet-cred?  We got 5 MVPs between us.

In that case, I was just inactive for too long. So how many games did you play?

Silver, what changed?

Nothing changed, I was always and am still null on faust this game.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 30, 2019, 11:01:33 pm »

datswan is making no sense in his "claiming town" argument against raerae. Not sure if it makes him scum.

I also think it makes no sense; but I don't think it makes him scum.  I feelin' town on that man; I'm often confused but  I keep getting the "I'm town"-flavor of confusing from him.

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 30, 2019, 11:02:50 pm »

@MiX I'm still trying to understand what exactly is going on in this game. My reread was more like a detailed skim. I'm excited to get to day 2 so I can start with a fresh day.
Wow, MiX got suddenly super excited when you suggested LaLight.

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 30, 2019, 11:04:03 pm »

he knows my play.

in my defense, it's been at least 2 years since I've played with you.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 30, 2019, 11:08:20 pm »

he knows my play.

Doesn't change the fact that you didn't have a reason.

Also, WHY DON'T YOU REMEMBER EXACTLY HOW I WAS???  I THOUGHT WE HAD SOMETHING!!

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 30, 2019, 11:14:31 pm »

he knows my play.

true. i'm kinda skirting through this day on very little time. I'm much busier right now than I expected to be. I'm also just kinda waiting for a new day to start off fresh.

Also, you're married.

Uncleeurope

• Pawn
    • View Profile
« Reply #570 on: January 30, 2019, 11:16:20 pm »

Awwww, isn’t it just beautiful to watch relationships die so quickly.
Don't worry, no one can read uncle correctly.

Uncleeurope Eddie

shraeye

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 30, 2019, 11:23:24 pm »

he knows my play.

true. i'm kinda skirting through this day on very little time. I'm much busier right now than I expected to be. I'm also just kinda waiting for a new day to start off fresh.

Also, you're married.
Hey now; every marriage is an opportunity in disguise.

raerae

• Thief
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 30, 2019, 11:34:11 pm »

he knows my play.

Also, you're married.

Details, details.

But also, since you really haven't had the time to do some sincere scumhunting and don't have strong reads, surely you wouldn't mind not voting today?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 31, 2019, 12:21:02 am »

he knows my play.

Also, you're married.

Details, details.

But also, since you really haven't had the time to do some sincere scumhunting and don't have strong reads, surely you wouldn't mind not voting today?

maybe not, but wagons are good, and I can sheep good cases, at least for today.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 31, 2019, 01:32:20 am »

So let's see.

Strong Town Read:  Debatepro, arishipshape

Mild Town Read: EFHW, MiX

Null: faust, mail-mi, Uncleeurope, DatSwan, Joseph2302, shraeye

Mild scum: raerae, LaLight

Only putting Lalight at mild scum because he's so very absent, and afaik he prefers playing town to scum. Alignment-dependent low motivation could be a thing. Especially since he feels similar about the kind of content as I do; in that situation you have less motivation to do anything as scum, because you can probably get away with it, and you don't mind if you don't really keep track of what's happening so much. I distinctly remember feeling that way in past games.

Actually, that sounds kind of convincing. Anyone want to vote: LaLight?

I do really prefer playing town, it's just that my overall activity is lower for the last... year? My god
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 100  All

Page created in 0.101 seconds with 16 queries.