Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30  All

Author Topic: M112: Gilmore Girls Mafia (Game over)  (Read 68324 times)

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
Re: M112: Gilmore Girls Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #475 on: February 07, 2018, 11:14:19 pm »

Thought - weak thought but thought - IDP nolynch vote could of been solid attempted defense for TWM. Doesn’t put him on either wagon and can prettttyyy safely assume one isn’t gonna get rolling on him
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 07, 2018, 11:49:25 pm »

Thought - weak thought but thought - IDP nolynch vote could of been solid attempted defense for TWM. Doesn’t put him on either wagon and can prettttyyy safely assume one isn’t gonna get rolling on him

Ah yes. Because I leave it as a No Lynch vote instead of voting you and saving my partner. Unless you're also my partner in which case I leave it as a 50-50 so I can use this defense, but then we'd have 3 scum or 3 mimes and that's just not this game.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 08, 2018, 12:56:35 am »

Ah yes. Because I leave it as a No Lynch vote instead of voting you and saving my partner. Unless you're also my partner in which case I leave it as a 50-50 so I can use this defense, but then we'd have 3 scum or 3 mimes and that's just not this game.

I said "weak thought". Also, you wanna like weigh in?
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 08, 2018, 12:57:15 am »

other than to you know make a weak defense to my weak thought. or anything. helpful. at all.
real good. That’s how

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 08, 2018, 03:25:37 am »

I don't know how many times this quote needs repeated...C'mon guys.  TWM moved his vote with 4 minutes left, and had 2 choices who to put up as an alternative to his own.  In precisely 0 worlds does he pick his scum partner securing a guaranteed scum-lynch when he can instead secure a 50% chance of town-lynch.  No way is datswan scum.

The only possible scum players (IMO) are schadd, Robz, silverspawn, awaclus, and IDPTG.

Now, I find it unlikely that TWM voted alongside his partner, because it makes it impossible for his partner to save him.  Clearly, he was also trying to save himself by persuading space to vote for silver.  This makes silver at least a little less likely to be scum (since otherwise TWM would have pushed stronger for datswan maybe?)

That leaves awaclus and IDPTG as the most likely scum.
He was voting for IDPTG before he switched to Datswan...that vote lasted all of 10 minutes...it's not like he was making a viable wagon, he could have been trying to get IDPTG's attention.  Roadrunner was also the nk, which could easily be IDPTG killing the one person that was voting for him yesterday.  I had assumed that vote lasted longer when I was reading earlier.

Um, yeah...that's it.  It's really one of those two.  I lean awaclus, but I could be persuaded that it's IDPTG.  let's please lynch one of them instead of some less-likely-to-be-scum player.

Thanks. You're right.
unvote

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: February 08, 2018, 03:26:36 am »

Also this is strange. Bc partner or not you are suggesting that people should NOT consider you skum (mafia, whatever) based on the fact that you did not  switch to me from a third party, and then you open the day with voting me? I just don’t get it - in your mindset you could of had me yesterday.
Just didn't pay enough attention

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: February 08, 2018, 03:34:08 am »

Reread TWM... not much to analyze there.

I'd like to vote for Awaclus but EoD says otherwise.

vote: schadd then. He's the only one left who was actually voting for the opposing wagon.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: February 08, 2018, 03:46:48 am »

vote: schadd then. He's the only one left who was actually voting for the opposing wagon.

Re read space
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: February 08, 2018, 03:48:56 am »

Re read space

Also don’t want that to be taken out of context. Nothing wrong with a schadd vote but on the topic of reads... i recommend space
real good. That’s how

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: February 08, 2018, 07:36:42 am »

Why does EoD say otherwise?

Just answer this one question: why did TWM vote for datswan (instead of you) if schadd is partner?
The ONLY REASON schadd couldn't join TWM's vote to save him is because TWM chose to vote for DatSwan.

The reason that awaclus couldn't join him, is because he changed his vote with 4 minutes left, and awaclus wasn't around in that 4-minute window.  Now, given that no one was evidently around except space (no one else was posting), it's completely reasonable that his partner simply couldn't save him.  But it's still UNREASONABLE that TWM would set it up so that his partner couldn't save him (unless he knew ahead of time that his partner wasn't going to be around).
But in that case it makes just as much (or more) sense for him to vote away from his partner rather than alongside his partner.

What is the EoD argument against schadd, that includes TWM's CHOICE to vote for Datswan?

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
Re: M112: Gilmore Girls Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #485 on: February 08, 2018, 01:25:51 pm »

Schadd asked me what said silverspawn did to prompt me to say he was making sense. There was this, and then his several posts calling town on various players and giving opinions... in a very townie way, I think.

Thoughts:

schadd is making sense. I have never seen this before. Probably town.
Everyone is assuming mime is playing obviously (suspecting Joseph / Robz). A good mime would play in such a way that it doesn't look like she's a mime. I know this argument always applies and also applies for mafia, but nonetheless, I feel like we're assuming a lower standard there. If I was a mime, I would probably either play a really lazy game or something really weird, but not ostensibly anti town like Joseph and Robz are. I think they are both non-mime and might be scum, particularly Joseph.

Joseph claimed SK last game, was unhelpful, got lynched Day 1, it was bad for town.

Well that doesn't help.

This is what I'm mostly talking about. This assumes Mime's have a really superficial way of approaching the game

So if we lynch them both then they win on that. However, if we lynch one and the other dies to an NK they do not win (I think that is correct).

Thing is, if you are a Mime... why would you claim mime? If you want to get lynched an not NKed... just doesn't really make any sense. I mean even if you draw the attention during the day to yourself, then there is the whole night meta.. if you get killed then your team loses on the spot. You will be targeted by Mafia most likely and it will put a weird spin on Town where we have to decide what to do. I feel as if the much better strategy would of been to act as "Mafia-y" as possible if the goal was to be lynched.

If you are Town... why would you claim mime? I can only assume if you are VT then to proc PRs and help to gain information down the road. I suppose it puts mimes in a spot where they cannot really claim, however why would you want to.

If you are Mafia... why would you claim mime? Well, it makes it unlikely that you will be lynched. It also means that the Mimes will know you are lying obv, but since your team would control the NK you don't have to worry about being shot at night.

Further fun note: Considering that the mimes can only protect one of themselves at night, we can absolutely assume that one of the mime claims is a lie (since they cannot target themselves). So if one of them claimed, the other one could just proc them each night or hope they get get lynched I guess. But if both claim then how do they determine who skum would aim at at night? Just from a rational point, all likelihood aside, I just don't see how both mimes could possibly claim and find an upside in it.

I will finish reading tonight and get more to this later.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: February 08, 2018, 04:26:30 pm »

uh schadd did you look at how the EoD progressed?
i did thanks for asking

OK so first off if you haven't - go re read Space.
This is a post from her right towards the end of the day. She has two VERY clear "town reads" - Theorel and IDP. She also says "regular RR" and IDK what she means in that sense.
Since she has flipped Weak Doc, I am acting under the assumption she probably Doctored one of these three targets.

I am going to go through and check the other ways of the multi deaths rn, but from what I can tell there are 4 options that hit Weak Doctor, and one of them does not include a Janitor - so only 3 options and it appears that to have 2 deaths here, we had to "do one of them to ourselves".

OK whatever rambling now. I will put something together in a minute.
i guess i entirely forgot they might have been trying to doctor somebody and not weak somebody

but i think it's unlikely they targeted theorel or idp (theorel would be the most obvious doc target) since       they are probably town

i think it's unpossible they targeted me

and one way or another i think having a scum lynch shifts the focus from trying to earn mislynches (i.e. doc correctly) to trying to scumhunt (i.e. weak correctly) (since each lynch is in theory equally likely to hit jester as scum) (if i'm trying to imagine space's thought process at least)

Schadd asked me what said silverspawn did to prompt me to say he was making sense. There was this, and then his several posts calling town on various players and giving opinions... in a very townie way, I think.
oh excuse me i meant to ask, where did he say you had been wrong in your approach to the game
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: February 08, 2018, 05:46:05 pm »

Assuming mime play would be so obvious.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: February 09, 2018, 01:25:31 am »

Can you say like one thing that does t make people think your a mime?
real good. That’s how

Robz888

• Margrave
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: February 09, 2018, 09:17:30 am »

Can you say like one thing that does t make people think your a mime?

Apparently not!

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: February 09, 2018, 09:21:13 am »

Vote Count 3.1

Awaclus (1): theorel
schadd (3): Robz888, Awaclus, silverspawn
silverspawn (1): schadd

Not Voting (3): Joseph2302, DatSwan, IDontPlayThisGame

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to lynch. Day 3 ends Feb 12 at 4:30 am forum time.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: February 09, 2018, 02:21:18 pm »

So schadd is on L-2. Will reread when I have time (still on holiday)

Vote: Joseph2302 for now
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: February 10, 2018, 02:58:11 pm »

I think I am good with a vote: Awaclus for rn.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: February 10, 2018, 10:35:28 pm »

Thoughts on me switching to schadd to clear him as mime?
real good. That’s how

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: February 10, 2018, 11:17:15 pm »

;)
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: February 10, 2018, 11:28:03 pm »

actually now that i look at it i think it's unlikely awaclus is mafia

note that any person you think is the second mafia needs to be, within reason, somebody space could have chosen to target

cursorily i can find exactly one time they mention awaclus, without mentioning a read

there's nothing implicit that i can really see (awaclus isn't, like, objectively scummy by eod2, i guess there is a bit of a meta thing where people would want to cop awaclus but i also don't see space as relying on that to be clear)

awaclus doesn't get nk'd exceptionally often so i don't see them targeting him for doctor reasons (and they'd still be thinking of the case where he's scum anyway)

do u disagree mr swan?

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: February 10, 2018, 11:29:24 pm »

is he mime? one wonders.

it's not unlikely! i would say.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: February 11, 2018, 02:30:17 am »

actually now that i look at it i think it's unlikely awaclus is mafia

note that any person you think is the second mafia needs to be, within reason, somebody space could have chosen to target

cursorily i can find exactly one time they mention awaclus, without mentioning a read

there's nothing implicit that i can really see (awaclus isn't, like, objectively scummy by eod2, i guess there is a bit of a meta thing where people would want to cop awaclus but i also don't see space as relying on that to be clear)

awaclus doesn't get nk'd exceptionally often so i don't see them targeting him for doctor reasons (and they'd still be thinking of the case where he's scum anyway)

do u disagree mr swan?

I don’t disagree but like when is he ever objectively anything?
Also it doesn’t matter because i think the least likely person in any game to get doctored would be awaclus.

All that being said - if you are mime then gg.

vote:schadd

On the other hand - i have the chance to clear you as mime, and as participation is extremely low in the game and DL is like tomorrow
real good. That’s how

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: February 11, 2018, 10:00:40 am »

hey whaddup

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: February 11, 2018, 10:04:09 am »

i mean... if he's never objectively anything... then you don't target him with an investigative thing that relies on people to make an assumption when it works
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 30  All

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 16 queries.