Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30  All

Author Topic: M112: Gilmore Girls Mafia (Game over)  (Read 68316 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: M112: Gilmore Girls Mafia (Day 3)
« Reply #450 on: February 05, 2018, 02:44:32 pm »

I mean it's true that I had other reasons why I wasn't present until after the deadline. I wasn't trying to prevent TWM's lynch.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
Re: M112: Gilmore Girls Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #451 on: February 05, 2018, 03:08:55 pm »

Well, Joseph is also lurking on the site in general, for future reference.
Wasn't technically lurking, I had it open in a browser tab I wasn't using. If I'd been scum, I would definitely have bothered to move my vote though
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Shuffle iT Username: Swowl
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 06, 2018, 03:10:14 am »

If it is a Mafia Janitor - What is the upside to killing the guy you Janit? Like if you are the only one left and we know the other is goon then we know they don't know so why janit them and kill them? BC of this I think we could eliminate it to a Mime Janitor. They are one shot either way so it only really matters for PoE reasons but stil.

So, just saying, probably not a mafia janitor.
Jesus how did i fuck that up
real good. That’s how
Town:  14 wins, 14 losses (1 MVP)
Skum: 7 wins, 7 losses (1 MVP)
3-Party: 4 wins, 1 loss

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #453 on: February 06, 2018, 07:17:35 am »

If it is a Mafia Janitor - What is the upside to killing the guy you Janit?

What is the downside?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 06, 2018, 12:10:41 pm »

Schadd has not yet surfaced. Schadd, will you address the fact that you are obviously scum?
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 06, 2018, 12:58:38 pm »

If it is a Mafia Janitor - What is the upside to killing the guy you Janit?

What is the downside?

Idk I’m assuming the janitor doesn’t get the results either.
real good. That’s how

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
Re: M112: Gilmore Girls Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #456 on: February 07, 2018, 01:39:47 am »

Hi everyone, I'm a mime. I'm telling you so you'll lynch me out of WIFOM.
This is true. I know because I'm the other mime
Vote for vote: joseph I dislike his mime claim more than silver's because joseph already opened with the dumb SK claim. Feel like he realized this would be a weird way to get early attention and see it dissipate after silver did his. Whereas silver's just looks like early game antics.

Highly doubt either of them are actually mimes.
pre-emptively answers "why aren't you scumreading silverspawn?" which is somewhat partnery

There is frustratingly little to go on.

But in conclusion, everyone is town except for Robz who might be mime and Awaclus and DatSwan. Therefore that's the scum team. Let's lynch DatSwan.
i often mass townread people as scum, i guess i do it as town sometimes. i feel as though it's more of a scum thing but i can't remember instances of many people doing it. he's not very re-evaluatey after twm's flip.

I actually think silverspawn is making a whole lot of sense--including about how I've probably been wrong in my approach to this game!
do you remember what you were referring to with this? the only thing i can find is that he calls you a mime, in which case lmao

Sorry.. would possibly have moved to silver, but the site keeps timing out on me!
somewhat obvious weak doc target. sorta seems like something they wouldn't bother mentioning unless it was useful in that way

whether vig should claim if they exist is worth discussion i think. definitely if they shot space / rr but that's a bit obv and unlikely

It's not pure omgus, but IDP is one of my stronger town reads.
i'd agree. what with twm hounding on him eod2, and other stuff

Had to go to work, I put my vote where I wanted it but didn't see any results. And it seems like TWM was town.

Orly?
do you remember why that was interesting?

Like can i still talk if there is a chance i am hung?
excerpted from ds's conversations on tinder

Most suspicious looking people are me and schadd. But I'm not scum, so Vote: schadd.

hm I guess I was wrong.
one would think

Janit
same

Schadd has not yet surfaced. Schadd, will you address the fact that you are obviously scum?
kind of unuseful and frustrating. and it's not like you read people on the basis of how they are when they are frustrated

for town i think idptg (the "free nk" thing felt like neither scum nor mime, twm), theorel (wholesome twm push, sensical explanation. i read some game a while ago from more of a while ago where he was town and did those things. i think if he were mime he would... try to be lynched or not nightkilled at all), swan (counterwagon to twm, i guess more of the town content i was looking for - |||, |||; somewhat confirmed not mime since he could have qh'd himself (here i am helping mafia with mimehunting i guess)), joseph (also wholesome twm push i guess. less intense townread.)

so robz silverspawn awaclus are the big candidates.

robz: said "mime" a lot. not really asking people stuff/seeming to develop thoughts. i think he tends to do more of that as town but not starkly. i'm thinking mime a bit more than scum.

silverspawn: sensical weak doctor target, the one TWM think i quoted. also, of the poe'd, makes the most sense to me as planning around getting to endgame; robz and awaclus seem more coasty. i guess awaclus is coasty as whatever alignment. the mass townread thing would make a little bit of sense as a mime thing.

awaclus: marginally scum by spidey sense. i have 0.00 ways to distinguish scum him from mime him, which i think is a common sentiment.

vote: silverspawn

lemme know if i worded something confusingly
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 07, 2018, 03:29:37 am »

PPE schadd post:

We need the consider that -i believe- the rules state in the set up we are in now, if we lynch mafia then town wins (so if only town and 1 mime remain then we win). Could be wrong but that seems to be what is meant.

Worth noting because if the remaining mime picked up on that (assuming RR wasn’t one) then they would be assumedly trying to :
1) get lynched
2) get Town lynched
3) not get mafia lynched

If i am right - and yeah I’m bringing it up again - i think reverting to a “least likely mime lynch scenario seems like a good idea.
real good. That’s how

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 07, 2018, 04:11:29 am »

uh schadd did you look at how the EoD progressed?

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #459 on: February 07, 2018, 04:54:04 am »

PPE schadd post:

We need the consider that -i believe- the rules state in the set up we are in now, if we lynch mafia then town wins (so if only town and 1 mime remain then we win). Could be wrong but that seems to be what is meant.

Worth noting because if the remaining mime picked up on that (assuming RR wasn’t one) then they would be assumedly trying to :
1) get lynched
2) get Town lynched
3) not get mafia lynched

If i am right - and yeah I’m bringing it up again - i think reverting to a “least likely mime lynch scenario seems like a good idea.

Avoiding the mime lynch is important, but we also do need to lynch mafia before the game ends if we want to win.

theorel

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: theorel
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 07, 2018, 10:48:25 am »

PPE schadd post:

1) get lynched
2) get Town lynched
3) not get mafia lynched

What that actually means is that mafia is unlikely to want to shoot mime (because mime doesn't want to lynch mafia...).  Of course, if mafia is more confident in their ability to appear townie than appear mime-y, then they may just shoot the mime because the mime could seem unlynchable, which hurts mafia more.

What that does to town priorities is:
1. Lynch Mafia <-we have to do this to win.  Mime is not helping us, and mafia is unlikely to shoot the mime for us until late-game if they can avoid it.
2. Don't lynch the mime <-we have to do this to win.

Assuming mafia nk's town each night, and our other powers don't help...we have 2 lynches left to try to get mafia.

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 07, 2018, 10:49:25 am »

PPE schadd post:

1) get lynched
2) get Town lynched
3) not get mafia lynched

What that actually means is that mafia is unlikely to want to shoot mime (because mime doesn't want to lynch mafia...).  Of course, if mafia is more confident in their ability to appear townie than appear mime-y, then they may just shoot the mime because the mime could seem unlynchable, which hurts mafia more.

1. Lynch Mafia <-we have to do this to win.  Mime is not helping us, and mafia is unlikely to shoot the mime for us until late-game if they can avoid it.

Assuming mafia nk's town each night, and our other powers don't help...we have 2 lynches left to try to get mafia.
Oh, 3 lynches...I treated mime as a mafia at end-game.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 07, 2018, 01:59:48 pm »

PPE schadd post:

1) get lynched
2) get Town lynched
3) not get mafia lynched

agreed. My point was more from a Re read PoV type of thing.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 07, 2018, 02:17:19 pm »

Quick run-down of people from my perspective, since I'm trying hard not to get behind on this...

Robz: doesn't seem that helpful; especially missing in the early game. A number of his opinions seem to run contrary to mine, which doesn't necessarily mean scum, but does make me wary of even agreeing with him.

Awaclus: is being his usual self.

RR: Middle of the road Roadrunner. Not too worried either way just now.

silver: Being weirdly provocative, but not in an argumentative way, which I feel is in itself odd. Maybe too odd a change in behaviour for him to be actual scum, where he'd want to be more careful. I could still believe mime, maybe.

Theorel: towny, pushing the game along. Not lynching here.

Space: Spaaaaace :-) Just to be clear, I'm not advocating a space-lynch here!

Joseph: Well, the mimes are lucky if he's one of them, because I always want to lynch him. I do think he's non-mime here, because of the slip about the goons, but I'm happy to keep him off the table for the moment.

TWM: I could vote here from omgus, and he's also another player whose thoughts on what we ought to do now run opposite to mine, but actually he posted some pretty reasonable stuff earlier on, so maybe he's not all bad.

schadd: I feel like he's usually more creative and expansive. But then when I re-read, he _has_ been posting commentary and things, it's just all pretty null and not constructive. Maybe he's nullish-scummy?

DatSwan: He's oddly on top of some small bits of setup stuff, but also kind of disengaged. He's a reasonable candidate for someone with a non-town wincon, but I'm not currently sure which way.

IDP: Reads as plain old town to me.

Meh, the existence of mimes makes me really wary of voting, especially after how well I tripped into voting Lekkit in D1.
I think vote: schadd is safer than some of the others, and has a reasonable chance of being scum.

OK so first off if you haven't - go re read Space.
This is a post from her right towards the end of the day. She has two VERY clear "town reads" - Theorel and IDP. She also says "regular RR" and IDK what she means in that sense.
Since she has flipped Weak Doc, I am acting under the assumption she probably Doctored one of these three targets.

I am going to go through and check the other ways of the multi deaths rn, but from what I can tell there are 4 options that hit Weak Doctor, and one of them does not include a Janitor - so only 3 options and it appears that to have 2 deaths here, we had to "do one of them to ourselves".

OK whatever rambling now. I will put something together in a minute.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 07, 2018, 03:05:41 pm »

OK do not have time to do all of this rn actually:

Easy stuff so far. The 2 players that absolutely could of secured my lynch yesterday were Theorel and Joseph. They didn't. Don't really see how the other Mafia would justify not doing that in that situation so going to say there is no Mafia between those two.

real good. That’s how

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: February 07, 2018, 04:06:00 pm »

OK do not have time to do all of this rn actually:

Easy stuff so far. The 2 players that absolutely could of secured my lynch yesterday were Theorel and Joseph.

and me.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 07, 2018, 04:08:50 pm »

So schadd (and anyone else) if you think I am scum you must believe that I just let my partner die for no reason whatsoever. Less reason than even Theorel and Joseph, because I have actually expressed a desire to lynch DatSwan.

That borders on sillyness. Idk what game you're in if you think we're partners.

What the EoD looks like if anything is that both lynches were about equal in out come... vote: DatSwan

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 07, 2018, 04:13:26 pm »

uhm. incorrect.
I was not on TWM.
You, or someone that is not already on TWM (i.e. Joseph or Thoerel), move to me... obviously I move to him to tie it up. Same place we ended just with one vote more on each.

real good. That’s how

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 07, 2018, 04:54:31 pm »

Please take 10 seconds to think about what DatSwan just said and realize for yourself that it makes no sense.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 07, 2018, 05:23:37 pm »

? How does that make no sense. Please respond before someone else does because i would really love to hear your justification.
real good. That’s how

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 07, 2018, 05:31:14 pm »

Are we just On different pages about the VC?
It’s 3-3. You switch from Awc to me and make it 4-3, then I defend by going TWM to bring 4-4.

Whereas at 3-3 if one of the people on TWM switch to me and make t 4-2, then when i switch it is 4-3 and i still die.

So yeah I’m pretty confident in saying this one “those are the two players that could of individually secured my lynch.”

real good. That’s how

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 07, 2018, 05:39:43 pm »

Ok, you were actually present at the deadline. I have absolutely no clue why you left it at a tie if you could have decided otherwise. That's insane as any alignment. Who takes a 50% chance of dying voluntarily?

But it doesn't actually change anything in regards to me or Awaclus or anyone else. I had no idea you were there to cast a balancing vote. I've never seen anyone behave that way.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 07, 2018, 09:33:37 pm »

I
Ok, you were actually present at the deadline. I have absolutely no clue why you left it at a tie if you could have decided otherwise. That's insane as any alignment. Who takes a 50% chance of dying voluntarily?

But it doesn't actually change anything in regards to me or Awaclus or anyone else. I had no idea you were there to cast a balancing vote. I've never seen anyone behave that way.

I mean i did bit tbf. But also - either take this now, or whatever push for me and when i flip VT re evaluate, i def considered that may be something that i have to deal with - however just assume my asinine  approach from an unbiased perspective for a moment.... if i am as i claim, a stupid person doing something weird as Town, lookat what we learned. HOW, even more than you who as you stated are “clearly fine with lynching me” would either Joseph or Theroel be mafia?
We cleared 2 of the remaining players. Obv having the redacted plus the town pr death at night wasn’t good, but we have *assumedly* 6-1-1 and just cleared 2 of the 8 by our shared logic. If you are Town and i am town (not sure I’m sold on that but whatever just assuming) that’s 50% of the field. So yeah i did something weird. And if i gotta get lynched for it then whatever. But even tomorrow after an assumed no plus my town lynch, we are some variation of *assumedly* 4-1-1.

We should take advantage of the situation at hand and do a claim. I know i know PRs and shit but if we do it i think we can limit down the info pretty well. Just off of last night we lost the Space info and we have to guess whether or not RR was anything.
real good. That’s how

theorel

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 07, 2018, 11:02:56 pm »

The_Wine_Merchant (3): theorel, joseph, Space
DatSwan (2): schadd, Robz
Awaclus (1): silverspawn
silver (2): awaclus, DatSwan
IDPTG (2): RR, Wine

Well I guess I have to vote: datswan

I don't know how many times this quote needs repeated...C'mon guys.  TWM moved his vote with 4 minutes left, and had 2 choices who to put up as an alternative to his own.  In precisely 0 worlds does he pick his scum partner securing a guaranteed scum-lynch when he can instead secure a 50% chance of town-lynch.  No way is datswan scum.

The only possible scum players (IMO) are schadd, Robz, silverspawn, awaclus, and IDPTG.

Now, I find it unlikely that TWM voted alongside his partner, because it makes it impossible for his partner to save him.  Clearly, he was also trying to save himself by persuading space to vote for silver.  This makes silver at least a little less likely to be scum (since otherwise TWM would have pushed stronger for datswan maybe?)

That leaves awaclus and IDPTG as the most likely scum.
He was voting for IDPTG before he switched to Datswan...that vote lasted all of 10 minutes...it's not like he was making a viable wagon, he could have been trying to get IDPTG's attention.  Roadrunner was also the nk, which could easily be IDPTG killing the one person that was voting for him yesterday.  I had assumed that vote lasted longer when I was reading earlier.

Um, yeah...that's it.  It's really one of those two.  I lean awaclus, but I could be persuaded that it's IDPTG.  let's please lynch one of them instead of some less-likely-to-be-scum player.

Swowl

• Pawn
  • Snow.Owl.Duh.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 07, 2018, 11:09:39 pm »

So schadd (and anyone else) if you think I am scum you must believe that I just let my partner die for no reason whatsoever. Less reason than even Theorel and Joseph, because I have actually expressed a desire to lynch DatSwan.

That borders on sillyness. Idk what game you're in if you think we're partners.

What the EoD looks like if anything is that both lynches were about equal in out come... vote: DatSwan

Also this is strange. Bc partner or not you are suggesting that people should NOT consider you skum (mafia, whatever) based on the fact that you did not  switch to me from a third party, and then you open the day with voting me? I just don’t get it - in your mindset you could of had me yesterday. At the time of this vote you clearly didn’t think i was at board for end of day yesterday. So like what? You liked the TWM case over me? - but you didn’t secure TWM lynch
Or you liked me over him but didn’t secure my lynch.
Or neither i guess.

I mean again i don’t think this is gonna carry a lot of weight right now but i am assuming i am today’s lynch - so as much as it pains me to admit I was probably wrong , someone at least remember how this we t down... bc SS overanyone had the easiest out to switch to me and did not do it.

They are probably not mafia.
real good. That’s how
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 [19] 20 21 ... 30  All

Page created in 0.077 seconds with 20 queries.