Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 181  All

Author Topic: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- GAME OVER  (Read 423527 times)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- DAY 2
« Reply #1675 on: May 22, 2017, 10:44:40 am »

I was against lynching anyone at the top of the post count charts in general.

I was about type something about how premature it is to call scum teams (dude, just try to get one right), but then I remembered I've said the same thing to mcmc many times before. Probably not an alignment-tell for him, although I don't remember his alignments from previous times (people are usually town, so probably town though).

I guess I'll bite anyways, why me+galzria+twm?
A) your post said you didn't want to lynch two people, for gkrieg you gave a reason "making sense and being helpful" that player is now a confirmed townie and dead because of mafia. For twm you couldn't come up with anything other than "I don't like lynching him".
B) TWM was actually in pretty hot water, I now know two townies(myself/jreggie) who were advocating for his lynch. If Twm is town that's a great wagon for scum to join. But what happens is galzria storms the thread an eloquently convinces a huuuge number of players to jump over to jreggie (yourself included) decimating the twm wagon at the same time since jreggie was a big proponent of it.
C) Then because people want to "wait" both you and galz find ways to slither off the jreggie wagon so that when it eventually gets lynched you are nowhere on the wagon.
D) after voting twm most of the day jreggie had moved his vote to galz.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1676 on: May 22, 2017, 10:52:12 am »

Isn't gkrieg a very common early kill, why are people surprised he got got? The stronger players tend to get nightkilled early because scum fears them, and here we have two scum shooting. If I had to have guessed yesterday, gkrieg would have been in my top three people most likely to die.

We are really marching in lockstep with PPS in this game, and I'm not sure what to make of it. Basically, he's been townreading me all game, and while correct and appreciated, I don't know if it's something I should feel comfortable with. Then again, I agree with his reads and general view of the game as well.

Inclined to think he is town, but it's not something I'd put past him doing intentionally as scum. I'm surprised no one else has been commenting on it, I know we are all very cognizant on everything revolving our own selves, but this seems like something worth analyzing. To be fair, I'm not sure if it's more him sheeping me (he certainly has more original thoughts and reads town than I have), or me sheeping him. It feels odd to be connected to someone like this, and I'm kind of just now realizing that it's happening.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1677 on: May 22, 2017, 11:13:12 am »

Cuzz's attempts to discredit me and anyone who might suspect him by suggesting there's no evidence that he is scum is convincing me further that he is in fact scum.

Oh this is very cool, I wanna talk about this some more.

Can people weigh in on whether they actually buy Andrew's case on me? Knowing myself to be town I obviously find it unconvincing, but trying to put myself in the shoes of others I don't think it's very strong either, but I'd like to be corrected if I'm wrong on that.

If Andrew is town and truly thinks I'm scum I would expect a much stronger argument, with quotes and research and fleshed-out reasoning and stuff. This is either scum or bad town play.

Andrew, you could start by answering this question that you've ignored in favor of empty tunneling:

Just because I don't post about something (like reads) doesn't mean I don't have an opinion on it. I wasn't voting gkrieg because I was trying to get caught up, which I never did, and I didn't want to derphammer by accident as unlikely as that would be.

And since I did correctly interpret your sarcastic response to Jimm...

Vote: Cuzz

Andrew, can you explain why you think my response to Jimmmm is indicative of a scum alignment?

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1678 on: May 22, 2017, 11:15:33 am »

There are so many people I'd be willing to lynch today:

Andrew
Space
Dylan
iguana
RR
Jake
Jimmmmm
ash
sudgy

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1679 on: May 22, 2017, 11:17:57 am »

Andrew
Space
Dylan
iguana
RR
Jake
Jimmmmm
ash
sudgy

meant to put Eevee on here too actually. That's literally half the game and you're not all scum. Play stronger town games, people.

also, I wanna bump the following because I think it's important and it has yet to be addressed:

I want to know more about Jake and Jimmmm's votes for mcmc.

To both of you: What do you think about mcmc's mistake regarding the scum QT? Please read that carefully because I think it should be clearly accounted for if you truly believe he is scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1680 on: May 22, 2017, 11:18:47 am »

Andrew
Space
Dylan
iguana
RR
Jake
Jimmmmm
ash
sudgy
This must be the most lazy would-lynch list I have ever seen. Is it anything but the lower end of the post count?
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1681 on: May 22, 2017, 11:22:48 am »

Andrew
Space
Dylan
iguana
RR
Jake
Jimmmmm
ash
sudgy
This must be the most lazy would-lynch list I have ever seen. Is it anything but the lower end of the post count?

I dunno. I haven't done a post count lately.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1682 on: May 22, 2017, 11:25:29 am »

I feel like Cuzz had come out of the gate here on d2 very towny.
Can you say why?

1) Some from the EoD1 going into today, but his whole fascination with the "slip-that-wasn't-a-slip" comes across towny
2) He came out scum hunting rather than just randomly speculating about the kills.  There was no "oh, that's interesting.  I am so surprised about that kill" that can come from scum
3) confirmation bias
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1683 on: May 22, 2017, 11:27:00 am »

You assume I ignored it because it would support your cause to mislynch town. You also keep referring to my "case" on you and ask for people to comment on it. But here's the thing: I don't have a case! At least I didn't when I first voted and I don't have to have a case to think you're scum either. You reacting so strongly and constantly trying to draw attention to my vote on you has made you my number one scum read. I also like how you accuse me of tunneling when actually you're the one who keeps relentlessly pushing me.

To answer your question (which I missed), I just thought you were being snarky for little to no reason besides maybe trying to provoke Jimm. You can say that's towny any day of the week and I can't really argue with you, but I saw it as scummy.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1684 on: May 22, 2017, 11:29:25 am »

Cuzz is the one who looks the most partnerish, but you know, the evidence is thin.

I honestly have no clue how you got this from what Calamitas posted. 
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1685 on: May 22, 2017, 11:29:42 am »

@faust

I made it clear yesterday, though, that I subscribe to LaLL in the early game and I will not shy away from that. It would have caught Calamitas yesterday.

The people who were so much more in favor of lynching a non-lurker because the wagon analysis provides so much more information are not telling me anything super useful about JReggie's wagon right now (to be fair I believe JReggie was one of these people)

ppe:3

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1686 on: May 22, 2017, 11:30:36 am »

Also,  PPS is town.

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1687 on: May 22, 2017, 11:33:47 am »

You assume I ignored it because it would support your cause to mislynch town. You also keep referring to my "case" on you and ask for people to comment on it. But here's the thing: I don't have a case! At least I didn't when I first voted and I don't have to have a case to think you're scum either. You reacting so strongly and constantly trying to draw attention to my vote on you has made you my number one scum read. I also like how you accuse me of tunneling when actually you're the one who keeps relentlessly pushing me.

To answer your question (which I missed), I just thought you were being snarky for little to no reason besides maybe trying to provoke Jimm. You can say that's towny any day of the week and I can't really argue with you, but I saw it as scummy.

This is helpful, thanks. You voted for me without a reason but also maybe because I was snarky and now I am your number one scumread but also you still don't have a case on me.

Also I can accuse you of tunneling me while also not denying that I am tunneling you. The difference is that I presented a case.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1688 on: May 22, 2017, 11:34:42 am »

Cuzz is the one who looks the most partnerish, but you know, the evidence is thin.

I rather got it from what Cuzz posted about Calamitas.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1689 on: May 22, 2017, 11:35:29 am »

It would have caught Calamitas yesterday.
It hasn't though for some reason. In fact, I do not recall you voting for Calamitas at any point.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1690 on: May 22, 2017, 11:37:01 am »

I agree, I thought space looked more partnery than cuzz did. To Fausts credit he did vote with a bit of "this is the best I got right now" attitude.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

Cuzz

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1691 on: May 22, 2017, 11:37:53 am »

It would have caught Calamitas yesterday.
It hasn't though for some reason. In fact, I do not recall you voting for Calamitas at any point.

I didn't. But he was on my top 5 lynch targets list. Which iirc is part of the reason you're voting for me. I guess from your perspective that could look like a pretty soft bus, though, so I kinda get it.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1692 on: May 22, 2017, 11:41:34 am »

Hey cuzz, I don't think other townies think andrew's case on you has any merit.

The difference is how "helpful" I feel pps/cuzz/2.7/faust are being compared to how galzria acted yesterday is one of the main reasons I have flipped my tune on galz from heavy town to kinda scummy. I feel like pps/cuzz/2.7/faust all have good thought out arguments about lots of different things that every once in awhile don't make perfect sense and every once in awhile are confusing. And I feel like galz has made much more specifically directed posts as though there is an agenda to his helpfulness.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1693 on: May 22, 2017, 11:42:50 am »

Also I think if someone is a rolecop they should do that to Faust and then really think about their results if they do that and then probably claim and I don't want to talk about this anymore.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1694 on: May 22, 2017, 11:43:28 am »

Mostly caught up in terms of reading everything. I'm going to walk to my local coffee shop and when I get back I'll sit down and start looking things over in more detail.

Mcmc - I like how you're thinking. I can't say much about my "timing" of starting the Reggie wagon in comparison to derailing a TWM one - that's just when I was on and what I saw. As far as the connection with Eevee - you're right and it bothers me too (I mentioned it d1 as standing out to me). If he's scum I'm going to look a hell of a lot like his partner.

Eevee - don't be scum? Kthnx.

Cuzz - I'm one of the people that wanted to look at the Reggie wagon d1. I'll be getting to that today.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1695 on: May 22, 2017, 11:45:56 am »

I just read through Cuss's D1 posts, and I honestly have no clue how you drew your conclusions.

But really, what I find most interesting is how Andrew joined you on a fairly terrible case against Cuzz.  I don't know exactly how it makes me feel other than the general sense of scumminess permeating that little wagon, and I don't necessarily know if that is scum!faust or scum!andrew.  Right now I am leaning more on scum!andrew sheeping faust on a case that seems plausible ("because faust posted it and is a good mafia player obviously"), didn't really look into it, and liked the idea of lynching Cuzz.

PPE: I power through PPEs and don't even bother with them.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1696 on: May 22, 2017, 11:47:49 am »

I just read through Cuss's D1 posts, and I honestly have no clue how you drew your conclusions.

But really, what I find most interesting is how Andrew joined you on a fairly terrible case against Cuzz.  I don't know exactly how it makes me feel other than the general sense of scumminess permeating that little wagon, and I don't necessarily know if that is scum!faust or scum!andrew.  Right now I am leaning more on scum!andrew sheeping faust on a case that seems plausible ("because faust posted it and is a good mafia player obviously"), didn't really look into it, and liked the idea of lynching Cuzz.

Cna you show me a better case that has been made than the one I made on Cuzz?

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1697 on: May 22, 2017, 11:48:12 am »

Cuzz*

Not Cuss.  Sorry.  Typing can be hard

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1698 on: May 22, 2017, 11:48:37 am »

I think if I'd been part of a scum faction, the smart thing would have been to keep my inferences quiet.

This is real scummy.

Hmm. I assert that it isn't, because I'm not scum. Why do you think I'd be more inclined to say something like that as scum than as town, especially given the context in which I said it?

I just think generally scum is more cognizant of and vocal about "what they'd do as scum."
I have been accused of doing this both times when I was town (and also when I was mafia). I think it has more to do with whether someone is more introspective or not. I agree that it cane be a sign, but I think in this context it is more likely to be pretty neutral.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1699 on: May 22, 2017, 11:50:33 am »

Need to put things down that I am thinking. I can't seem to access my QT at the moment, so I am going to put this here even though they aren't fully fleshed out yet. So sorry for lack of explanations behind them.

I am getting scummy vibes from 2.7 and Eevee. I want to go back and reread both of them and figure out why. faust feels very town. Still think O is town.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 181  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 16 queries.