Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 181  All

Author Topic: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- GAME OVER  (Read 423559 times)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- DAY 1
« Reply #1300 on: May 18, 2017, 08:23:45 pm »

But I'm serious. I want Galz to say a reason for typing a zero instead of an o, which is not something that happens accidentally, or else there might have to be some mod action.

0 is directly above O on my keyboard, idk why it couldnt be accidentally.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: May 18, 2017, 08:28:08 pm »

But I'm serious. I want Galz to say a reason for typing a zero instead of an o, which is not something that happens accidentally, or else there might have to be some mod action.

But it is a capital, so it would've come out as )

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: May 18, 2017, 08:39:54 pm »

But it is a capital, so it would've come out as )

it's at the start of a sentence and Galz has been typically capitalizing those, but we don't know that he woulda tried to input a capital letter there.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: May 18, 2017, 08:45:20 pm »

D1 sucks.
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: May 18, 2017, 08:45:51 pm »

O - I reread Awaclus and came to the same conclusion I've had about him the entire game thusfar:

He came in like RR with a statement of not participating because it's too large. Unlike RR, he then got on you for some seeming scumslip where you admit you're trying to win by making town lose - which I responded to at the time:

He's openly admitted that he's trying to win, and have fun at the same time.

And have town not win at the same time.

Lynching on the basis of rude, unhelpful one-liners surely won't be some exceedingly pro-town strategy

I certainly am trying to win.

He's saying he's voting you for being anti-fun, and that it "surely won't be some exceedingly pro-town strategy" --- In the same way that voting someone who is being anti-town (RR's "I'm not reading all this") "surely won't be some exceedingly pro-town strategy" - as neither are exceedingly likely to find scum.

At least that's my take.

He then continues to push this false notion of what you said, in the face of almost universal agreement against him from everyone else here. There isn't much content to his posts other than "O is scum, O is scum, O is scum, O is scum, O is scum".

LaLight, would you mind shedding some, um, light on the following? And how does that relate to his play so far this game?

That's a good question, actually. LaLight of all people should know how effective my scumhunting technique is, given that I've read him correctly every single time.

Honestly, he hasn't really contributed much of anything outside of his "O is scum" campaign - which never had legs to begin with. It reminds me of our first games together O (here's the nostalgia for you), where I was certain based on your playstyle every game that you were scum, and you never were. I think I usually ended up lynched D1 back then, and you went on to be town. Shows how well that worked for me.

Ultimately right now I feel the same way about Awaclus as I previously stated about RoadRunner:

Lastly, RR is a poor lynch choice for being "anti-town". At least, for now. If nothing better surfaces as d1 continues and he hasn't tried to play we can reevaluate. Until then, I don't like it.

Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #1305 on: May 18, 2017, 08:48:42 pm »

Lastly, RR is a poor lynch choice for being "anti-town". At least, for now. If nothing better surfaces as d1 continues and he hasn't tried to play we can reevaluate. Until then, I don't like it.
Just out of curiosity, do you still feel this way about Roadrunner?
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: May 18, 2017, 08:54:20 pm »

O - I reread Awaclus and came to the same conclusion I've had about him the entire game thusfar:

He came in like RR with a statement of not participating because it's too large. Unlike RR, he then got on you for some seeming scumslip where you admit you're trying to win by making town lose - which I responded to at the time:

He's openly admitted that he's trying to win, and have fun at the same time.

And have town not win at the same time.

Lynching on the basis of rude, unhelpful one-liners surely won't be some exceedingly pro-town strategy

I certainly am trying to win.

He's saying he's voting you for being anti-fun, and that it "surely won't be some exceedingly pro-town strategy" --- In the same way that voting someone who is being anti-town (RR's "I'm not reading all this") "surely won't be some exceedingly pro-town strategy" - as neither are exceedingly likely to find scum.

At least that's my take.

He then continues to push this false notion of what you said, in the face of almost universal agreement against him from everyone else here. There isn't much content to his posts other than "O is scum, O is scum, O is scum, O is scum, O is scum".

LaLight, would you mind shedding some, um, light on the following? And how does that relate to his play so far this game?

That's a good question, actually. LaLight of all people should know how effective my scumhunting technique is, given that I've read him correctly every single time.

Honestly, he hasn't really contributed much of anything outside of his "O is scum" campaign - which never had legs to begin with. It reminds me of our first games together O (here's the nostalgia for you), where I was certain based on your playstyle every game that you were scum, and you never were. I think I usually ended up lynched D1 back then, and you went on to be town. Shows how well that worked for me.

Ultimately right now I feel the same way about Awaclus as I previously stated about RoadRunner:

I see what your saying but this all just looks like town awaclus but @awaclus if you are scum and i'm just reading you wrong maybe try to not kill your partners this time. Just saying it means you win more as scum (which i know you like).
Baseball For Life

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: May 18, 2017, 08:57:44 pm »

Busy day at work for me. Still happy with my j Reggie vote.

Half of TWM's posts make me think he is scum, the other half town, I think we will be able to figure him out a lot better on D2/D3, not really interested in lynching him today.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: May 18, 2017, 09:00:20 pm »

Regarding the O vs 0 thing - it's not a "thing". It was a mistype. It's NOT cryptography.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: May 18, 2017, 09:02:02 pm »

This is absolutely crazy to think that the 0 is some sort of cryptography.

The question: does town!Reggie do this or scum!Reggie? I think this comes from scum!reggie trying additional diversion techniques to draw away from their wagon
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: May 18, 2017, 09:03:01 pm »

This is absolutely crazy to think that the 0 is some sort of cryptography.

The question: does town!Reggie do this or scum!Reggie? I think this comes from scum!reggie trying additional diversion techniques to draw away from their wagon
Yep
Baseball For Life

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: May 18, 2017, 09:07:09 pm »

wat da fuq?
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: May 18, 2017, 09:07:44 pm »

I see the cases on LaLight and totally understand them. However I don't see scum!LaLight going this hard after town D1.

Also I'm further convinced that mcmc is bussing. There is no reason for him to be talking this much about scum play theory of not to de-implicate himself.
Also
vote: J Reggie

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: May 18, 2017, 09:12:27 pm »

I'm not a big fan of the fact that LaLight supports the idea that scum were the ones responsible for "derailing" the Reggie wagon, regardless of Reggie's alignment - but when asked specifically about the 4 (only FOUR!) people to have left the wagon he doesn't have strong reads on any of them.

It feels... fabricated.

Actually. Vote: LaLight. His responses just don't ring genuine to me.

Except, the wagon hasn't ever truly been derailed. It is alive and well.

I mean, yeah, there were unvotes after jimmmmm asked people to slow down a bit, but "derailed" seems strong.

I do find it interesting how quickly Galzria's alternative LaLight wagon room off with 3 sheep following quickly behind him.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: May 18, 2017, 09:14:42 pm »

I see the cases on LaLight and totally understand them. However I don't see scum!LaLight going this hard after town D1.

Also I'm further convinced that mcmc is bussing. There is no reason for him to be talking this much about scum play theory of not to de-implicate himself.
Also

This is part of that half I find scummy from TWM.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: May 18, 2017, 09:15:32 pm »

Also

Cause scummy jokes are scummy.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: May 18, 2017, 09:15:56 pm »

Also

Cause scummy jokes are scummy.

Clearly

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: May 18, 2017, 09:21:10 pm »

I'm not a big fan of the fact that LaLight supports the idea that scum were the ones responsible for "derailing" the Reggie wagon, regardless of Reggie's alignment - but when asked specifically about the 4 (only FOUR!) people to have left the wagon he doesn't have strong reads on any of them.

It feels... fabricated.

Actually. Vote: LaLight. His responses just don't ring genuine to me.

Except, the wagon hasn't ever truly been derailed. It is alive and well.

I mean, yeah, there were unvotes after jimmmmm asked people to slow down a bit, but "derailed" seems strong.

I do find it interesting how quickly Galzria's alternative LaLight wagon room off with 3 sheep following quickly behind him.

In this context the use of the verbiage "derailed" was directly related to LL's reason for voting Reggie - that is he felt scum were taking advantage of the down time to jump off a scum!Reggie wagon in the hopes of derailing it.

Outside of that context though, I had implicated that I felt the wagon was slowing down earlier on when, having peaked at 8 votes and almost 18 hours since my initial case, it was sitting at just 6 and most people had had an opportunity to check in and weigh in on the wagon. That was when I made my post unvoting and talking about looking at the wagon (something I still need to do in more detail). Since then it has spiked back up and down. LaLight was one of the first people back on in fact, which lead me to my current vote.

I do share an awkward feeling about PPS, O and Eevee all jumping onto the LaLight wagon as soon as I cast the first vote though. Eevee especially, which is why he's going to be my next reread prior to looking at the Reggie wagon - because I'm pretty sure he sheeped onto that one as well.

Mafia Record:

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: May 18, 2017, 09:30:13 pm »

J Reggie (6): 2.7128...., Dylan32, Sudgy, gkrieg13, LaLight, JaketheBaseballGod22

@ TWM your vote isn't formatted correctly.

@J Reggie if TWM votes for you, I'm very willing to put you at L-2. Can we have a talk about this "plan" of yours?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: May 18, 2017, 09:47:28 pm »

Vote: J Reggie

The cryptography thing is just awful.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #1320 on: May 18, 2017, 09:50:40 pm »

Vote: J Reggie

The cryptography thing is just awful.

Iguana tell me right now how many votes Jreggie has after that.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: May 18, 2017, 09:52:06 pm »

Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: May 18, 2017, 10:35:10 pm »

Let's hear that plan thing. O and I are both willing to vote here.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: May 18, 2017, 10:40:56 pm »

I think he's at 8. I am also willing to vote.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: May 18, 2017, 10:53:53 pm »

Though I think the plan is just a form of claiming, don't do that unless your at l-1
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)
Pages: 1 ... 51 52 [53] 54 55 ... 181  All

Page created in 0.06 seconds with 21 queries.