Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 181  All

Author Topic: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- GAME OVER  (Read 419222 times)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- DAY 1
« Reply #675 on: May 17, 2017, 09:48:59 am »

Space, lalaight, and iguana will you do a reread of just twm and if you want me as well and then post your conclusions. I find all of you towny, and I find all of your votes in bad places.

On the other hand space if you would like to do a lalight reread and explain why you find him scummy I'll take that as well.

Eevee, jimm, 2.7, Gkrieg, still want you to weigh in on O (whose not ozzle, so I know less about him then I thought)
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #676 on: May 17, 2017, 09:51:19 am »

Lynching on the basis of lurking is retarded.

Vote:Awaclus

really all the confirmation I needed that Awaclus's mafia persona is a edgier version of my 16 year old self's.

Lynching on the basis of rude, unhelpful one-liners surely won't be some exceedingly pro-town strategy, but I've already stated I put pro-fun before pro-town so at least I'm consistent.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: May 17, 2017, 09:51:39 am »

I can't really get who's more scummier, mcmc or TWM

mcmc hasn't struck me as scummy at all even once. in fact, all the suggestions that he might be are striking me as scummy.

TWM, meh, null. i don't have any issues with people calling him scummy.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: May 17, 2017, 09:51:50 am »

Vote: Awaclus

damn vote formats.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: May 17, 2017, 09:52:15 am »

The purpose of my post was to get O to understand why everyone is against him. If that's fluff then, uh, woops.

maybe, but i do agree with the initial assessment of your insertion.

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: May 17, 2017, 09:53:23 am »

Space, lalaight, and iguana will you do a reread of just twm and if you want me as well and then post your conclusions. I find all of you towny, and I find all of your votes in bad places.

On the other hand space if you would like to do a lalight reread and explain why you find him scummy I'll take that as well.

Eevee, jimm, 2.7, Gkrieg, still want you to weigh in on O (whose not ozzle, so I know less about him then I thought)

I find O to be a very useful pro-town player right now and would greatly object to lynching him today.

I am interested in your list of players you asked for opinions. 2 on your wagon, and two not-as-active players. Why us four?
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: May 17, 2017, 09:54:03 am »

Back to Vote: mcmc
I don't want to tunnel, I specifically remember a game where I found liopoil(someone I was scum with his first time) scummy early day one and I confirmation biased everything from them on and he turned out to be town.

But man this looks like you gave up pushing me because it wasn't going to work out for you(the votes didn't come for me and they stayed on you). Your reason for unvoting me was because I told people to write stuff down with is as you pointed out pro-town but not towny. Now I explain why setup speculation is really bad for town on day 1 which is also pro-town but not towny and you decide to vote me again.

Can you give me your reasoning for re voting me, like what exactly you found scummy about my recent posts?
I have confirmation bias and everything you are doing is scummy to me.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #682 on: May 17, 2017, 09:54:19 am »

Lynching on the basis of rude, unhelpful one-liners surely won't be some exceedingly pro-town strategy, but I've already stated I put pro-fun before pro-town so at least I'm consistent.

Why are you playing the game if you're not even trying to win?
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: May 17, 2017, 09:54:32 am »

But that doesn't mean I am wrong and I am trying to be aware of my bias.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: May 17, 2017, 09:55:46 am »

I was under the impression that there was a civility pledge in this community. If I am mistaken about that let me know now and I'll replace out.

Are you just triggered by the use of that word or are you seriously offended by the assertion that lynching lurkers D1 in a 20+ person game is really low on the scale of effective strategies?

If the former, I'm not seeing it as a violation of the pledge until you ask for that to stop and it continues, if the latter, I'm not seeing as a violation of the pledge ever.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: May 17, 2017, 09:56:12 am »

I'm pretty sure I answered that twice, to have fun. Please do try and keep up. Winning is a primary vehicle to that objective but not the only one and not always a necessary one.

Mafia is a social party game, if I wanted to play purely for competition I'd play dominion or chess.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #686 on: May 17, 2017, 09:58:15 am »

I'm pretty sure I answered that twice, to have fun.

So your fun is more important than the fun of 22 other people who joined up for the game? Fucking hell.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

pingpongsam

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: May 17, 2017, 09:58:43 am »

I'm pretty sure I answered that twice, to have fun. Please do try and keep up. Winning is a primary vehicle to that objective but not the only one and not always a necessary one.

Mafia is a social party game, if I wanted to play purely for competition I'd play dominion or chess.

See, this is where O and I are very much of the same mind.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: May 17, 2017, 09:59:44 am »

So your fun is more important than the fun of 22 other people who joined up for the game? Fucking hell.

No, I'm quite confident everyone but you would have more fun in this game if you were more pleasant.

I'm actually the one here prioritizing the fun of 22 people here.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #689 on: May 17, 2017, 10:01:13 am »

By joining up for games and purposefully not playing properly. Right.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #690 on: May 17, 2017, 10:02:19 am »

My fun and the fun of hopefully the majority of mafia players and people who play games in general is more important than the fun of one person who only cares about winning at all costs no matter whose feelings he hurts or what damage he causes. Seriously, if you're only playing to win and not to have fun doing it, what are you really doing?

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: May 17, 2017, 10:02:23 am »

I am having way more fun with O than I have had with others. So please leave me off your list of 22 people. Thanks.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 17, 2017, 10:02:50 am »

vote: Awaclus

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #693 on: May 17, 2017, 10:04:05 am »

My fun and the fun of hopefully the majority of mafia players and people who play games in general is more important than the fun of one person who only cares about winning at all costs no matter whose feelings he hurts or what damage he causes. Seriously, if you're only playing to win and not to have fun doing it, what are you really doing?

If you're not playing to win, you're pulling off a reinoe.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: May 17, 2017, 10:05:10 am »

By joining up for games and purposefully not playing properly. Right.

We have differing definitions of properly. Using this board to get your rocks off in some overly aggressive, overly personal debating style is not proper in my opinion. That's what Reddit is for or something.

Unless you can get some consensus here I have no clue why I should accept your view of what is proper.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #695 on: May 17, 2017, 10:05:59 am »

Unless you can get some consensus here I have no clue why I should accept your view of what is proper.

Trying to win is proper because that way you don't ruin the game for everyone else.

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: May 17, 2017, 10:07:32 am »

Trying to win is proper because that way you don't ruin the game for everyone else.

I certainly am trying to win. And I certainly don't think I'm ruining the game for everyone else. So far I'm definitely not ruining it for me, TWM, J Reggie and probably Cuzz. I appear to be ruining it for you. I apologize, but at the same time I admittedly don't care enough to change anything about that.

Cuzz

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Cuzz
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: May 17, 2017, 10:07:44 am »

I was under the impression that there was a civility pledge in this community. If I am mistaken about that let me know now and I'll replace out.

Are you just triggered by the use of that word or are you seriously offended by the assertion that lynching lurkers D1 in a 20+ person game is really low on the scale of effective strategies?

If the former, I'm not seeing it as a violation of the pledge until you ask for that to stop and it continues, if the latter, I'm not seeing as a violation of the pledge ever.

I find that word inherently uncivil. This is not RSP though and I will not participate in a discussion adjudicating that position.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #698 on: May 17, 2017, 10:08:34 am »

I certainly am trying to win.

Then you must be not town. Vote: O

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #699 on: May 17, 2017, 10:09:18 am »

If you're not playing to win, you're pulling off a reinoe.

I think I'm done with this conversation. Let me know when we get back to scumhunting.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 181  All

Page created in 2.614 seconds with 20 queries.