Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 181  All

Author Topic: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- GAME OVER  (Read 423341 times)

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile
Re: Mafia 100: Forum All-Stars -- DAY 1
« Reply #850 on: May 17, 2017, 11:49:39 am »

In my experience scum make a much greater effort to be "pro-town" than town.

What does pro-town even really mean? It's such an empty concept imo.

This is the sort of thing I am thinking of. In village mafia ashersky (as scum) came up with a plan that would almost always result in a town win. We had some small chance of manipulating it and such, but really it was impossible for town to lose.

Nothing that dramatic is going to happen thus game, but it is totally within reason that scum would overly concern themselves in trying to make sure we only do things today that benefit town. Like, "don't clutter the thread." "Don't mass claim." Etc.
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #851 on: May 17, 2017, 11:50:23 am »

Like, why would you go for the "I'm not bussing" argument rather than the "I'm not scum" argument so hard?
There both true
i agree this is scummy from mcmc. scum likes it when they can refute a point without lying. something about it being more fun when you can get away with talking around the issue instead of "hard lying".

O

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #852 on: May 17, 2017, 11:50:32 am »

I'm totally willing to sheep eevee into a Andrew hammer if we get there. He's posted but i can't remember any of them, which usually means they were low-content.

I'm comfortable with where my vote is for the time being though.

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: May 17, 2017, 11:50:45 am »

In my experience scum make a much greater effort to be "pro-town" than town.

What does pro-town even really mean? It's such an empty concept imo.

This is the sort of thing I am thinking of. In village mafia ashersky (as scum) came up with a plan that would almost always result in a town win. We had some small chance of manipulating it and such, but really it was impossible for town to lose.

Nothing that dramatic is going to happen thus game, but it is totally within reason that scum would overly concern themselves in trying to make sure we only do things today that benefit town. Like, "don't clutter the thread." "Don't mass claim." Etc.

Actual link to the post: http://forum.dominionstrategy.com/index.php?topic=11385.msg398614#msg398614

On my phone, referencing is hard
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: May 17, 2017, 11:53:53 am »

So many PPE's there will be...:

J Reggie - I find his tying himself to Gkreig really, really weird. It started with his 4th post of the game:

Ahhh, 65 games later, and I can still count on waking up in the morning to find myself driving a nice D1 wagon.

O, Ash, mcmc - I'm flattered that I'm your first vote in such a big game!

For many of you this is my first time playing with you. Would people mind posting preferred nicknames when being addressed/voted? I don't feel like typing The_Wine_Merchant out every time when I imagine TWM will suffice.

Generally I go by Galz.

I used to always view your profile instead of going to the mafia game threads. Now it's gkrieg. I go by J Reggie, or JReggie, or JR, or whatever you want to call me really. Just don't call me late to dinner.

6th post:

gkrieg, what do you think about pps as SK?

and 8th post:

To make reads easier, from this point until an undisclosed later time, I will automatically be scumreading anyone who votes gkrieg and townreading anyone who votes pps.

That's a LOT of love for Gkrieg in a very brief period of time.

And then there was this:

vote: The_Wine_Merchant

Serious vote.

Is anybody else no longer able to automatically bold on mobile?

Which has been the center to conversation between mcmc and TWM, but Reggie - I don't believe you ever actually explained WHY it was serious, or what your case was? You dropped "Serious Vote", and then instantly changed the subject. In fact, your next two posts on the subject (a ways a part) are:

vote: The_Wine_Merchant

Serious vote.

Is anybody else no longer able to automatically bold on mobile?
Not OMGUSing. But when people have to specify if it is a serious vote, that is suspicious. Why would anyone think this wasn't a serious vote?

RVS. Or if they're scum.

and

Three votes on me. Don't know why.

Because you're scum.

When he finally answered me on the subject of Gkrieg, he brought up the whole TWM thing again...

To galz: I think the reason I did that gkrieg/pps thing was to get somewhere. There was a disagreement and I was taking a side, and sort of encouraging other people to take sides. Once something more interesting happened (in this case TWM being scummy and then getting scummier when people started accusing him) I forgot about it and moved on.

The "people" that started accusing him was you! And you never actually accused him of anything, just put your vote on, said it was serious, and called him scum - with no case or reason.

The following you state that you previously said something... that I can't seem to find you saying anywhere. In a QT maybe?

Also, I had previously said I would be basing my reads off of something superficial. That's done.

Lastly, and this may or may not be anything, but the first time J Reggie used the word "serious", was pregame when discussing WW's:

I haven't played in forever, so I forget--do NKs and power roles get executed night 0, or is it just for the bidding process?

There won't be power usage Night 0. There will be draft ordering, QT discussion for mafia members, and bidding.

Do werewolves have a QT N0?

This is a serious question

I think at the moment I'm definitely happy with my vote on Reggie. The weird interaction between him and Gkreig early, followed by his tunneling of TWM with no rhyme or reason, plus the "I had previously said I would be basing my reads off of something superficial" - which to my knowledge was never said in thread are enough for me at this time.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #855 on: May 17, 2017, 11:55:27 am »

Speaking of ashersky, where is he? 17 posts seems uncannily low for him

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #856 on: May 17, 2017, 11:55:43 am »

That is not hard evidence. Why should someone be more likely to say that as scum than as town?

Because town doesn't say it.
Why should scum say it?

By accident.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #857 on: May 17, 2017, 11:56:42 am »

That is not hard evidence. Why should someone be more likely to say that as scum than as town?

Because town doesn't say it.

false.

Yeah, town doesn't say it because it would be a false statement coming from town.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #858 on: May 17, 2017, 11:58:12 am »

Disagree. I am town and I agree with O.

So you're also his scum partner.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: May 17, 2017, 11:59:48 am »

Curious: what will you think if 10 people will say the same?
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #860 on: May 17, 2017, 12:01:07 pm »

I will think that town is going to lose for sure.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: May 17, 2017, 12:01:53 pm »

Me too!
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: May 17, 2017, 12:02:36 pm »

But why? Seriously why?

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #863 on: May 17, 2017, 12:03:37 pm »

oops disconnected and botched reply.

Reply: In my opinion, massclaim = bad. But the discussion might overall be protown independently, and is definitely not just RVS discussion which is inherently nice.
This O guy might not be town, but he probably is. But he is basically thinking all the things I am! So I like him!

I think this was the post that originally got my scum senses tingling in TWM.

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #864 on: May 17, 2017, 12:04:08 pm »

But why? Seriously why?

Because O confessed that he isn't town. If there were 4 townies who agreed with that confession, that would be disastrous.

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: May 17, 2017, 12:04:18 pm »

quote significantly shortened

I think at the moment I'm definitely happy with my vote on Reggie. The weird interaction between him and Gkreig early, followed by his tunneling of TWM with no rhyme or reason, plus the "I had previously said I would be basing my reads off of something superficial" - which to my knowledge was never said in thread are enough for me at this time.

To make reads easier, from this point until an undisclosed later time, I will automatically be scumreading anyone who votes gkrieg and townreading anyone who votes pps.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #866 on: May 17, 2017, 12:05:02 pm »

Thank you, I was just about to post this.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: May 17, 2017, 12:05:21 pm »

But why? Seriously why?

Have you never played with Awaclus?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #868 on: May 17, 2017, 12:06:23 pm »

And Galz, my first gkrieg reference was because he's a board mod, which you used to be, which means that on mobile sometimes I accidentally click on his name instead of "mafia game threads".

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #869 on: May 17, 2017, 12:06:59 pm »

That's a good question, actually. LaLight of all people should know how effective my scumhunting technique is, given that I've read him correctly every single time.

Galzria

• Jester
  • Since 2012
    • View Profile
« Reply #870 on: May 17, 2017, 12:07:25 pm »

The second quote (first in time) has nothing to do with the second quote. His EXACT quote was "I had previously said I would be basing my reads off of something superficial" - When in fact he never said anything of the sort.
Quote from: Voltgloss
Derphammering is when quickhammers go derp.

Faust has also been incredibly stubborn this game. In other news, it's hot in the summer, and water falls from the sky when it rains.

Mafia Record:
TOWN Wins: M3, M5, M6, M11, M17, M28, M32, M105, M108, M114, M118, M120, M122, DM1, DoM1, OZ2, RM45, RM47, RM48, RM49, RM55
TOWN Losses: M4, M7, M8, M9, M13, M14, M18, M31, M110, M111, M113, M117, M125, RM3, RM4, RM54
SCUM Wins: M2, M19, M23, M100, DM3, RM1, RM2, RM48, RM50
SCUM Losses: M15 (SK), M102 (Tr), OZ1, RM55

Total Wins: 30
Total Losses: 20

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #871 on: May 17, 2017, 12:08:38 pm »

Please people, you're not going to convince Awaclus that he's wrong and you not posting isn't going to convince people that he's right. This is the definition of gumming up the thread.

That almost auto-corrected badly...

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #872 on: May 17, 2017, 12:09:25 pm »

To whoever said bussing is bad (Mcmc?), you are wrong. 2 of my 3 scum games (won all 3), bussing was key. Andrew and I bussed each other, I ended up offline so I missed the hammer, so he lynched me and went on to win MVP.  Ashersky (primarily) and I (supporting) bussed J Reggie D2 with a fake tracker result and went on to win and both survived. Bussing D1 or D2 is particularly strong for scum.

PPE 4ish
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #873 on: May 17, 2017, 12:09:30 pm »

The second quote (first in time) has nothing to do with the second quote. His EXACT quote was "I had previously said I would be basing my reads off of something superficial" - When in fact he never said anything of the sort.

Except I did, and it's referenced in the second quote.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: May 17, 2017, 12:09:50 pm »

That's a good question, actually. LaLight of all people should know how effective my scumhunting technique is, given that I've read him correctly every single time.

That was not the point. Point was why then you don't think Cuzz is town who agrees with O and why the hell you know there would be exactly 4 townies?

Pages: 1 ... 33 34 [35] 36 37 ... 181  All

Page created in 0.066 seconds with 16 queries.