Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24  All

Author Topic: Mafia Forty Seven: Village Mafia - Game Over, Town Wins Flawlessly!  (Read 75503 times)

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile

/tag
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile

so.....D4 of stack the deck rerun ends on the 12th. 

And this game starts on the 12th?  (or earlier?)
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile

PMs will be sent out on Wednesday the 9th of July. Please make sure you have at least looked at the setup and are sure you want to play before then.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile

I really like the setup. It looks great.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile

I'm excited!
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: irrationalE
    • View Profile

I don't really understand the joke behind this (other than that it is a cat).  But it pops up every now and then.  And I want my PM
Man. I had four strips of bacon yesterday. Was one automatically undercooked, one automatically overcooked? No, let's put a stop to that right here, all four strips were excellent.

Hydrad

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Hidrad
    • View Profile

I think I have refreshed the page way to many times looking for a pm
For anyone else, such a statement would be a scum tell.  For Hydrad, it's simply a tell that you're reading something from Hydrad.

Voltaire

• Jester
  • flavor text
    • View Profile

I think I have refreshed the page way to many times looking for a pm

Set up e-mail notification of PMs and get on with your life.*

*just kidding

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile

Yep, today's the day. They'll be sent by 7:30 if all goes well.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile

Thread Locked except for tagging and subbing.

Teproc

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Teproc
  • aka Le Teproc
    • View Profile

/tag
Mafia play advice: If you are not content with the way the game is going, always assume that it is your fault.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile

PMs have been sent, please confirm by PM or in the mafia QT.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile

Day 1 will start 24 hours after I receive all confirmations, which has not happened yet (I will tell you when it has).

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile

I have received all confirmations. However, I am unsure when exactly I will have access tomorrow, so day could start at any time tomorrow starting at 3pm forum time.

liopoil

• Margrave
    • View Profile

Everything was peaceful in the village... but then came news from a bordering village from a noble scout that knights were approaching to pillage the city. The villagers, not wishing to need to rebuild their estates, endeavored to protect the province by trashing the knights. The knights were masquerading as villagers themselves in order to swindle them into throwing their own into the death cart. And so the game of mafia began in the village.

Day 1 start!

Vote Count 1.0:

Not Voting(12): 2.71821....., Robz888, Witherweaver, Jimmmmm, Hydrad, Ichimaru Gin, Beyond Awesome, Chairs, Eevee, Voltaire, A Drowned Kernel, Ashersky

With 12 alive it takes 7 to lynch

Day one ends on Tuesday, July 22nd at 8pm forum time

In the Hand: Nobody
In the Deck: Everybody
In the Discard: Nobody

THREAD UNLOCKED

apologies for starting day a little late, I did not have internet access today on a laptop until now.

ashersky

• Board Moderator
  • 2013/2014/2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
    • View Profile

I have a plan!

I think I broke the setup, but I discussed it with the mod pre-game and he says he considered it and does not consider it a problem.  So I think we should definitely go for it.  I think scum will be pissed.

1.  We massclaim our roles.  We run Village up to lynch if needed to confirm him.
1a.  Scum, at this point, have two options -- fake claim the three safe villages that aren't in the game OR counterclaim town.
2.  Sort out the counterclaims.  If someone counterclaims, well, we know (at least) one is lying scum.  So that's easy.
2a.  If we have exactly 12 village claims, we know that no one counterclaimed and that the three scum are using the three not in the game.  Keep that knowledge in your pocket.
3.  We lynch the Mining Village.  I am the Mining Village, unfortunately for me.

Here's my explanation for all this.

On (1), none of our roles are that strong, or worth saving.  They are all passive.  However, there are two specifically that are much more game-changing than the others.  Mine (Mining Village) and Squire.

For (1a), scum will have thought about this.  For specific villages, there are ways to prove or disprove claims.  If they fake claim Necropolis and don't end up in the hand on N1, for example.  He's easily verified by going to L-1, too.  Mining Village and Squire, if the extra day/night phase doesn't happen.  Fortress, if there's no night kill and they don't end up in hand the next night.  Border Village, depending on what Village they copied, as above.  Basically, Walled Village, Fishing Village, Wandering Minstrel, and Dame Molly are the only truly non-confirmable claims in the game.  Due to this, depending on what fakeclaims they got this game, they may opt to try to counterclaim the stronger town roles.  I'd say Squire makes the most sense, given winning that argument gets them an extra night to kill.  Might be worth trying to out the City or Madman, too.

(2) is self-explanatory.  Lynch one, if wrong, lynch the other.

At (2a) is where things are most complicated, but best for town.  We know that we won't mislynch a townie based on conflict.  And now we can just pickoff the confirmable claims over the coming days.  We've already run Village up to lynch and confirmed the IC.  Then see (3).

(3)  Lynch the Mining Village on D1.  If it's a fakeclaim, awesome.  But even if it isn't, we should always always always in every game lynch the Mining Village first.  It's a guaranteed no-kill N1 because there's no N1, it puts us into D2 with one less mislynch and better POE given we have the Village as IC.  If the Border Village chose Village to copy, we have 2! ICs on D2.

That's the D1 plan, folks.  My thoughts on things after D1 (since I'll be dead).

Lynch the Wandering Minstrel next.  We've taken out the Mining Village, which is super pro-town.  Squire is the exact opposite, and only helps scum.  If you lynch the enabler, Squire doesn't work anymore.  Yes, it's a mislynch at worst, but it protects town from a double-night, which is absolutely worth it.

After that, POE will catch the scum fairly quickly, as there will be plenty of ICs created through role interactions (Necro's hated status, Enabler death, Fortress 1-Shot BP result, etc.).

Thoughts?  Claim order doesn't matter.
f.ds Mafia Board Moderator

2013, 2014, 2015 Mafia Mod of the Year
2015 f.ds Representative, World Forum Mafia Championships
2013, 2014 Mafia Player of the Year (Tie)

11x MVP: M30, M83, ZM16, M25, M38, M61, M76, RMM5, RMM41, RMM46, M51

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: Beyond Awesome
    • View Profile

I love villages. May the engines begin!

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile

Vote: ashersky obviously.

I'm at work at the moment; I'll have a closer look at the setup tonight when I get home.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

I agree with your plan Ash and had a similar thought and wonder if it was against the rules, but nowhere does it say it is.

I am the Village and I have nothing against you guys running the votes up on me since it takes one more to lynch me anyway.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile

I agree with your plan Ash and had a similar thought and wonder if it was against the rules, but nowhere does it say it is.

I am the Village and I have nothing against you guys running the votes up on me since it takes one more to lynch me anyway.

Village = IC.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Village = IC.

Yes, so according to Ash's plan, aren't you guys supposed to vote for me first and then lynch Ash?

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Village = IC.

Yes, so according to Ash's plan, aren't you guys supposed to vote for me first and then lynch Ash?

No need. Scum are never going to claim Village.

Beyond Awesome

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile

Village = IC.

Fair enough, but I have nothing against everyone getting the votes on me to confirm I'm the village.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
    • View Profile

Village = IC.

Fair enough, but I have nothing against everyone getting the votes on me to confirm I'm the village.

I do. It's a waste of time and an unnecessary risk.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 24  All

Page created in 0.267 seconds with 20 queries.