Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 66  All

Author Topic: RMM42: Space Alert Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 189261 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: RMM42: Space Alert Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #975 on: February 08, 2018, 01:08:22 am »

Vote: Gkrieg L-1

Gkrieg is the least present of the people in the top half. So that seems like a good choice.

How does this make sense?

Haven't had time to catch up. I'm not scum.  If the case on me is just that I was in the top half of the draft and on the wagon yesterday, those are pretty crappy reasons.  Of the votes on me, the ones from LaLight and iguana look the scummiest.  No real reasoning, and very lazy votes.
What did you do tonight?

Did not take a first action, moved redwards, used the lift.
What? Why would you waste an action?

I just wanted to get down to the bottom level, and also didn't want to ruin everyone else's plans.  I figured there would be more congestion at the central lift, and since I couldn't go blueward, I figured going red and using the lift would be the best choice, that would help other people get down the lift.  I had a couple of other reasons that I would rather not say.

Well, go ahead and not say them then. But vote: gkrieg

Back to L-1 (I think?)

I wanted to save the cards I had, and didn’t want to block other people who had thought I had done something different.

Skumpy

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: skumpy
    • View Profile
« Reply #976 on: February 08, 2018, 04:00:56 am »

Sorry all, I'm going to use my one apologies-for-not-saying-much-recently card now. I should be able to post some more stuffs tomorrow.

In case anyone cares where we are with claiming actions:
Full claim: Awaclus, Skumpy, theorel, gkrieg, LaLight
Partial-to-satisfactory claim: silverspawn, Haddock, EFHW, RoadRunner
Still mostly unknown: faust, e, Iguana

Keep in mind there's still 2 red actions missing - apparently, they've just vanished into thin air? mcmc may have got one, but the other is still a question mark.

WV: Iguana

@Awaclus: Can you get a printout again tonight? It'd also be nice to have a 2nd from somebody, whether they state their intentions to or not now.
He is (and take this in a positive light Skumpy) eccentric, flamboyant and excessive at times. His posts are ones that cause people to look at him and say "huh?"

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #977 on: February 08, 2018, 04:02:11 am »

WV: Skumpy
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #978 on: February 08, 2018, 04:09:11 am »

Keep in mind there's still 2 red actions missing - apparently, they've just vanished into thin air? mcmc may have got one, but the other is still a question mark.
Hot take: scum!gkrieg commuted.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: February 08, 2018, 04:11:22 am »

Weak Visit: Haddock

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: February 08, 2018, 04:13:39 am »

Why would he anyway? Copped for that matter

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: February 08, 2018, 04:13:58 am »

Deadline is a day away, correct? Do we want an early lynch?

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: February 08, 2018, 04:18:03 am »

And do we have plan for tonight?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: February 08, 2018, 04:22:32 am »

Let's take a look at some wagons:

gkrieg13 (6): 2.71828....., silverspawn, LaLight, theorel, iguana, faust

CheesyJelly (8): theorel, 2.71828....., EFHW, gkrieg13, silverspawn, mcmcsalot, iguanaiguana, Haddock

iguanaiguana (5):
faust, gkrieg13, LaLight, silverspawn, CheesyJelly

Jelly and iguana wagons from D1.

What I see is a pretty large overlap of the Jelly and gkrieg wagons that makes me uneasy. The gkrieg wagon also features the 2 scummiest remaining players in the top half. This is something that could go very wrong very quickly.

The iguana wagon was something I always wanted to check for overlap with Jelly as the Jelly wagon has kind of made iguana obsolete on D1. The people to push that... silverspawn and gkrieg.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: February 08, 2018, 04:22:40 am »

unvote

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: February 08, 2018, 04:23:21 am »

Why would he anyway? Copped for that matter
Well he can take energy away from red, and prevent being Copped.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: February 08, 2018, 04:24:48 am »

I am still willing to return to silver, but staying on gkrieg is also fine. Fwiw I think they both are scum

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #987 on: February 08, 2018, 04:25:47 am »

Hurr durr. If only there wasn't EFHW's result, I would be voting silver like there's no tomorrow.

Oh well. Vote:theorel The whole "I'll wiggle the mouse" thing was super duper town-cred-grabby anyway. I guess I should reread though.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #988 on: February 08, 2018, 04:27:57 am »

Hurr durr. If only there wasn't EFHW's result, I would be voting silver like there's no tomorrow.

Oh well. Vote:theorel The whole "I'll wiggle the mouse" thing was super duper town-cred-grabby anyway. I guess I should reread though.

There's 4 scums, anyone could do the kill, EFHW's result doesn't clear silver in one bit. Other than that we don't know if EFHW is telling the truth as well.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: February 08, 2018, 04:28:10 am »

You also want to add a space in the vote

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #990 on: February 08, 2018, 04:43:09 am »

Now reread Haddock. His day one was very much like gkrieg's. The way he came in could have been staged.

Boo!

We weren't supposed to do any Space-Alerty things during N0, right?  Cos I totally lost track of time and did nothing.
He did the hammer with protest. That could also have been staged.

Day two he has given some thought to claiming strategies and his color claiming idea was sensible, even though the rationale was unclear (at least to me) until it was too late to follow it. He could have insisted earlier on - didn't because too busy? because actually didn't care (is scum)? because unsure of himself?

So, I can put scum or town narratives on his play. Reserving judgement for the moment.
This is me trying to insist.
if we claim blue/red movement, we're giving scum more data to figure out who left the upper deck. of course if people used actions, we need to communicate this anyway, but in other cases I don't see any benefit.
I see a fairly decent benefit to it in that it forces scum fakeclaims to start boxing themselves in before they have too much other information.
Also how does left-right information help with up-down information? There are still way too many possibilities for them to get anything out of it.

But whatever.

Yeah awa's behaviour is particularly terrible the more I think about it.
I don't have the energy to fight faust.

vote: silver for provoking Awaclus
What the hell even is this?  Do you not acknowledge that Awaclus's play has been horrific (even by his standards)?

I could vote either Awaclus or gkrieg at this point but prefer vote: Awaclus

Also wv: faust

The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: RMM42: Space Alert Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #991 on: February 08, 2018, 04:44:29 am »

All that said, I think some minimal coordination is fine.  For instance, I volunteer to wiggle the mouse during the first space-phase (assuming I'm not lynched).  The danger is, if I'm scum I can choose not to wiggle the mouse and potentially mess up other players using lifts when they don't expect.  But, I'm town, so I know that won't happen.  You'll just have to judge if the danger of me being scum is worth it, and plan accordingly.  I don't even know when I'm going during the night-phase at this stage, so even if I'm scum I can't plan to mess people up any more than if I didn't volunteer for it.  And of course, if the mouse isn't wiggled tomorrow you'll know I'm scum.
I mean look at that whole paragraph. Even including a "I'm town". Plus implication that he should be townread once the mouse is wiggled.

Anyways, I'm just gonna vote for someone and hope to shake myself out of theory talk (ha! like I can stop myself).  vote: CheesyJelly.  There, I'll try to do some actual scum-hunting or something tomorrow.
Super-late RVS vote.

At least I know why CheesyJelly is being voted for.  And...well, it's not a bad reason.  It seems like he's following the authority that he's suspicious of.  Of course it seems that way because he didn't actually give a reason for his vote.  He also jumped on the Haddock v. iguana thing, which as far as I can tell is pretty much random.

Okay, I can go back to my (formerly 100% random) vote of vote: CheesyJelly.
Badly-reasoned jump on the Jelly wagon after he briefly voted somewhere else.

That said, I think the RR vote is better than the iguana one...not sure how I feel about it relative the CJ lynch.
Hedge hedge.

large snip
As for the wagons, CJ's not the towniest guy around, and I do admittedly have half the information, but it's starting to reek of a dual town wagon. There's no concern, no frantic movement, everybody seems content to just let the wagons ride out. Which naturally includes 4 scum. I'll look dumb when CJ ends up being scum...eh. I'll vote there if needed, but I agree with basically everybody else that there are better options. Such as RR.
I don't think this is true, gonna get some data to back it up but if I am correct as I think I am, cheesy has been the dominant wagon amidst attempts to jump back to iguana (whos wagon was first), over to roadrunner, and finally to you. So scum is not happy settling on cheesy, remember there is four scum so they can make up half of a wagon themselves, obviously they don't want to but there haven't been tons of I would vote cj but comments which I would expect from scum waiting to hop on a town wagon.

I'm looking forward to seeing that information.  I think it's worthwhile also seeing how the attempted RR-wagon has gone.  At this moment, it looks like the RR wagon has had a harder time building than the CJ wagon, with maybe even more people claiming he's scummy.  Anyways, if so it might be a strong argument for RR being scum as well.
Increasingly looking to maybe keep the "RR is scum" notion alive while continuing to vote Jelly.

So, is scum avoiding the CJ wagon, because they don't want to get their hands dirty and CJ's town, or are they hoping that they can get away without him being lynched somehow?  I mean, if he's scum scum would have hammered for the cred right?

Or maybe they're just not around to try to do that?  I dunno, maybe I'm just getting cold feet.  I prefer being absent at deadlines...
Oh, look at me, I'm so townie for having second thoughts on the player I pushed all D1 and still I'm not unvoting!

I think if someone did something scummy overnight it's awaclus, and I think just shrugging and moving on is exactly what scum would want to happen.  I'm feeling less benevolent towards too-scummy-to-be-scum since O abused the notion as scum.

I'm still a little under the weather, so I'm gonna stick a vote: awaclus here...not sure how often I'll be checking back in.
Super easy scumread here in D2. Just go for the player who did something questionable.

There's the possibility Lalight went down, filled Central, and moved blue...but I'm not sure why that would result in the comment you quoted:
I definitely can say my night was good :)
I'm good with vote: Lalight
Same happens here. None of these bear much original thought.

Let me do a long post justifying my jump on the leading wagon.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #992 on: February 08, 2018, 04:45:56 am »

You also want to add a space in the vote
Maybe Space will do it for me?

Maybe not. vote: theorel

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #993 on: February 08, 2018, 04:47:42 am »

There's 4 scums, anyone could do the kill, EFHW's result doesn't clear silver in one bit. Other than that we don't know if EFHW is telling the truth as well.
It doesn't clear him, but of all the actions he could have taken as scum, at least some are targeting, most prominently Roleblock, Cop, kill.

I don't think scum!EFHW risks fakeclearing scum!silver.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #994 on: February 08, 2018, 04:50:38 am »

Basically for silver to be scum he would have gone to red and disabled blue, as that is non-targeting. But scum would rather have someone lower in the resolution chain do that, as it's not blockable anyway.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #995 on: February 08, 2018, 04:51:54 am »

What the hell even is this?  Do you not acknowledge that Awaclus's play has been horrific (even by his standards)?

How is this an alignment tell?

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #996 on: February 08, 2018, 05:42:10 am »

How is what an alignment tell?
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #997 on: February 08, 2018, 05:56:06 am »

Awaclus' play obviously

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #998 on: February 08, 2018, 06:48:16 am »

Awaclus' play obviously
If that is what faust means, I'm not sure how it's even a question.

Awaclus sabotaged town during the night. 

Maybe that comes from town!Awa not paying attention, but it's just as likely to come from scum!Awa knowing that his reputation for psychotic town play will get him a free pass (oh look what happened).

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #999 on: February 08, 2018, 07:20:38 am »

If that is what faust means, I'm not sure how it's even a question.

Awaclus sabotaged town during the night. 

Maybe that comes from town!Awa not paying attention, but it's just as likely to come from scum!Awa knowing that his reputation for psychotic town play will get him a free pass (oh look what happened).
How did Awaclus sabotage town?
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 66  All

Page created in 0.057 seconds with 16 queries.