Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 63  All

Author Topic: M96: Fibonacci Mafia (Game over! Scum won!)  (Read 159842 times)

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Witherweaver
    • View Profile
Re: M96: Fibonacci Mafia (Day 2)
« Reply #725 on: March 14, 2017, 09:05:18 pm »

Your sig I mean.

schadd

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: schadd
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: March 14, 2017, 09:08:47 pm »

i would like to lynch eevee
I think I get why but I'm curious for you to elaborate, I actually have eevee as towny currently.
i would prefer not to elaborate at this time

Do you still feel this was schadd? If so would you elaborate and if not would you at least tell us what you were thinking at the time?

i do. will later do so

I would not quickhammer as scum on D1. I would hammer for sure but I'd follow intent to hammer protocol.
i would no longer like to receive correspondences of this kind
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: March 14, 2017, 09:09:16 pm »

eerg, quote wrong somehow but probably clear
I thought you thought it was a slip because I said 'Jake's partners' instead of 'Roadrunner7671.'

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: March 14, 2017, 10:40:49 pm »

Lol. "Dylan needs to post more." *I post my general impressions of the game* "THIS IS SCUMMY, LYNCH HIM"

Ok I exaggerate, but I thought the immediate reaction to one post was funny. It's like you were waiting for me to say something so you could target me for anything other than being inactive mcmc.

Some clarification.  The eevee mcmc buddying might have been more eevee towards mcmc than the other way around.

\

I think mcmc is actually my 2nd highest townread, for providing the highest quality of analysis.

Had a busy day, glad to have been missed! Going to sleep soon now as well, very tireeed.

I don't think mcmc or ash are good lynches. Mcmc is driving the conversation so much, I think there is some utility in that. Ash is playing a little different than I'd expect, but I don't think he is looking scummy. Definitely interesting though, like I feel there is something I'm missing.

schadd I can never read, but he seems super sure I'm scum. (I'm not!!)

Robz and PPS continue being less forceful than I'd expect, but I don't really have a strong read to push either, so it feels hypocritical to blame them too much.

I think best lynch candidates would be the quiet, least splashy people. When my eyes are less tired, I think I'll look into rereading the rest of the lower posters, always thought that was a useful exercise for the time commitment.

I would like to reiterate I don't think mcmc is a good lynch. He is basically being singled out for scumhunting too aggressively? I think it's a common reaction to want to lynch someone who has done well lately as scum, because you don't want to be duped by the same person repeatedly over short period, but do we really want to lynch the guy who is driving most of the action? It doesn't even look like particularly opportunistic scumhunting, sure I would agree he is more engaged than I would expect from townmcmc day 1, but this looks to me like punishing him for trying, which kind of sucks.

Reread PPS, which was definitely a weird experience. He doesn't have a lot of posts, but his posts are very full of content. Makes it seem like it's not that he has nothing to say, but more that he is choosing to stay on the back, which is interesting. Not someone I'd be looking to lynch though, I think high content:post ratio is pretty towny in general. My instinct would have been that he has been less helpful than he has, and I think PPS is a pretty self-aware guy and that doesn't seem like a style scum would want to play.

Btw, I love being scum and unless it's RMM I am pretty meh on being town.

So, I am clearly town this game.
This is a somewhat weird quote, because PPS seems pretty in tune with what's happening in the game. Or is it meh as in not as eager to put in a lot of effort?

Woah lots of stuff happened. I don't like the hammer from pps with zero announcement. I guess I don't find it overly scummy but I don't like it.

Is there any way Joseph is Lying so I don't have to figure out the setup implications of what is going on and we just hit scum?
This sums up my feelings for the hammer. I know PPS has done these earlier as town, has he done it as scum?

Even when Eevee tries to say something mcmc said is scummy, it comes out like:

Woah lots of stuff happened. I don't like the hammer from pps with zero announcement. I guess I don't find it overly scummy but I don't like it.

Is there any way Joseph is Lying so I don't have to figure out the setup implications of what is going on and we just hit scum?

Joseph is IC, no way around it.
Slight scum points for mcmc for trying to suggest Joseph is not an IC. I don't think this applies to such an experienced player like mcmc, but in general I think it's scum's first instinct to try to discredit any IC that is arising.
(emphasis mine)

Hey schadd and pps do you feel like we are having a conversation and idp is sitting in the corner of the room adding random interjections?

Those people always seem scummy to me.
I like this point. Definitely feel like scum often ends up doing that, because they are scared of presenting original ideas, but want to seem like they are participating and contributing.

That Joseph went poof after supposedly resurrecting himself immediately after the lynch looks super duper fishy to me. I mean, when I am scum I troll the twilight for the lulz, but most do exactly what he just did.
Yeah, the disappearance definitely makes me feel like this is a possibility as well. One can hope.

This post-lynch scramble is strengthening my townread on mcmc. A lot of opinions I find myself reading and thinking "that's good point", and they aren't safe and obvious points, but things I hadn't thought of myself at least.

Why and why?
he made a comment that was unhelpful other than making it seem like he wasn't the one planning the nightkill.

i should go ahead and make the case of my thoughts yesterDay at some point
Which comment?

First paragraph defends mcmc's actions. Second paragraph uses my suspicions of mcmc to partially justify voting for me:
Why is that towny? I think scum is more likely to throw vague suspicions around (and I also think that regardless of his alignment mcmc probably just didn't see the question, I don't think scummcmc-would try to dodge like that).

I actually reread Dylan before my vote, but just didn't have time to type a longer post. I saw low activity (most of the 15 posts were not game-related) non-towny voting, I particularly disagreed with him suspecting mcmc as the main contribution because I thought mcmc looked towny all day.

In a separate post I will see if mcmc buddied eevee as much and answer other questions that I think I saw directed at me.
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: March 14, 2017, 11:10:00 pm »

Ok. Got a bit of time to look at what mcmc was talking about Day1:

mcmcsalot, Witherweaver, Robz888, schadd, Eevee, AndrewisFTTW, pingpongsam

Vote #1: March 8, 5:18 pm- mcmc
Vote #2: March 9, 9:39 - Robz
Vote #3: 9:44 - WW
Vote #4: 10:37 - schadd
Vote #5: March 10 8:44 - Eevee
Vote #6: 11:13 - Andrew
Vote #7: 11:15 - PPS

So it was relatively fast, but mostly it was the end that was fast there. Like I said, I could see PPS doing a hammer here if he were scum and if his partners were on already (even if they weren't), but aside from that I haven't really been super suspicious of PPS and that alone isn't worthy of a vote I think.

I guess I just don't see what exactly makes others so sure that all mafia couldn't be on the wagon. I am not necessarily saying that is the case, but I could see it happening, especially if one of mcmc or Robz is scum. They get it started, someone like schadd or Eevee or Andrew jump on midway and PPS finish it off. But I don't think that is necessarily anymore likely than one of Dylan or IDPTG being mafia.

Looking back at IDPTG and Dylan (and myself to be thorough) during that time period I see me being having posted, but I feel like I wasn't really aware of the Joseph wagon until it was voted. I do remember seeing mcmc's vote and thinking that Joseph looked like Joseph from the last game I was in where he was a bit odd.

IDPTG had an opportunity to vote, but declined it instead trying to get Joseph to stop acting crazy.

And Dylan was on during the early part, but was more focused on mcmc.

I guess the question I am trying to figure out here is whether Dylan as scum or IDPTG as scum would have had an opportune moment to join the Joseph wagon and both did, but decided not to. That doesn't necessarily make them town. What I see more is that Joseph was a pivot wagon away from mcmc with Dylan/ash/joseph on it and other that were on it had left for Joseph. Could that be a driving reason for PPS's hammer, making sure that the Joseph wagon didn't dissipate (there was very little substance behind most of the votes) and switch back to mcmc?
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: March 14, 2017, 11:11:51 pm »

So to answer the question:

I don't see a compelling argument to say that there has to be mafia off wagon. Nor do I see a compelling argument that all of mafia had to be on wagon. I feel that both sides have a relatively equal chance of finding mafia. Obviously knowing my alignment gives a bias toward there being less of a chance for off wagon, but I think that is a useful bias.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: March 14, 2017, 11:29:15 pm »

Mcmc -> Eevee

Here he disagrees with Eevee gently.
I'm kind of surprised people aren't taking any positions on ashersky's thing. Less sure I'm right myself with this many others seeing it differently. Ash, was this the reaction you anticipated you'd get?

I saw it and read some of the surrounding posts, it just seems like a really ash thing to do. The one thing I thought is if ash is town and not the ub he definitely made the ub sweat a little bit because of even bringing it up. This favors scum slightly because they can gauge people's reaction to try and guess who the real ub is. So overall I think slight edge toward that post helping scum but then there's the why would ash want to be in the spotlight if he is scum blah blah blah. So pretty neutral, as I said a very ash thing to do.

Reread IDPTG, he didn't seem overly scummy to me. I doubt he'd be the biggest lurker, and the posts actually seem pretty full of content for their size and quantity, he's been commenting on multiple issues and we really haven't had much happening yet.

This is what I thought whic is why I wanted ww to answer my question of why he is voting for idp.

Dylan was indeed a very fast reread. As far as I can tell, of his 11 posts, only this has been relevant to the game:

So far, I don't really think there has been anything that scummy from anyone. I could definitely see a possible scum narrative for Ash, but I just don't think it is as likely as him being town.  Mcmc's concern, whether accurate or not, seems townie. schadd seems like schadd, so at least we know noone has kidnapped him and taken his place.

which looks like a fine post, although the expressed opinions seem to be on the safer side. Not that I have any scathingly hot takes myself, it is still early. We only have 4 days until the deadline though, so it would be good to get something happening soon. Is it just me or have we gone to the day of the deadline with almost no serious wagons pretty often in the near history, especially day 1?

Hey eevee wanna let the people I ask questions answer them and then react to those answers with your own instead of jumping the gun...that being said I agree with your analysis that Dylan's post was very safe.

Yea eevee I think your worrying is valid and townie but also non-helpful. Just start interrogating people and then following up with an analysis of their answers and a reasoning for your interrogation, even if that reason is I wanted that player to post something.

I think I get why but I'm curious for you to elaborate, I actually have eevee as towny currently.

Want to lynch: ash, witherweaver, pps
Could be convinced: Joseph, dylan
Don't want to lynch based on my ability to read later: robz, TWM
Townie: eevee, idp, schadd, Andrew

town: andrew, robz, pps, ww, milk macaroon
dunno: twm, ask her sky, joseph, d32
want to lynch: idptg
want three lynch: eevee

Oh boy, milk macaroon may be my new favorite nickname. Also I still dunno what you see in eevee though he is a little quiet. I feel like I want eevee to be town and it is hindering my ability to read him though idk, maybe I am just viewing him as towny and then I'm being overconcerned with it being a read because I like him.

Evolution of reads

Want to lynch: ash, Joseph, dylan
Could be convinced: pps, idp, witherweaver
Wish I didn't like you people so darn much be more alignment indicative: robz, eevee
Townie: twm, schadd, Andrew

Evolution of reads
Want to lynch: ash, Joseph, dylan
Could be convinced: pps, idp, witherweaver
Wish I didn't like you people so darn much be more alignment indicative: robz, eevee
Townie: twm, schadd, Andrew

Revolution of reads
Got lynched: Joseph (wagon) mcmcsalot, Witherweaver, Robz888, schadd, Eevee, AndrewisFTTW, pingpongsam
Scummy scum(off wagon): ash, dylan, idp
Keeping an eye on you killers(on wagon): eevee, pps, robz, witherweaver
Do more: TWM
Townie: schadd, Andrew

Witherweaver fos'd eevee pretty quickly, could be on wagon scum going after a townie quickly. I would bet this lynch has more townie on it because of how fast it went.

Probably the main reason I have suspicions of pps is because I remember in my scum games recently, me/jake/lalight had to all be on wagon for awhiiiile, we kept thinking we would have scum off wagon but the wagons would stall for so long we would all have to jump on eventually. This feels like townies honestly likeing this lynch.

Vote: Joseph

Reread him, I could definitely see a scum narrative in his voting history (first voted for ashersky, when the tide turned against lynching ash, changed his position to "town because of his antics). Nothing really struck to me as towny in his posting either, hard to put a finger on it but I don't get the impression he is trying to figure things out, more that he wants a lynch through that isn't him. This claim question strengthens that impression, I think town is more concerned with concealing their role because it's better for town regardless of your role, whereas scum might be more anxious to claim because they think it might help get them out of hot water. Basically, for town one can think "well, if I die, it might actually help us win if it happens in the right way", whereas scum MUST avoid getting lynched day 1, because if they go down their team is in very big trouble.

L-2, if I do my math right.

This is eevee's vote that either didn't like, it is posted 2 hours after a vote count and before the vote count eevee said he was going to reread andrew(which witherweaver asked for opinions on)

Joseph is IC, no way around it.
Slight scum points for mcmc for trying to suggest Joseph is not an IC. I don't think this applies to such an experienced player like mcmc, but in general I think it's scum's first instinct to try to discredit any IC that is arising.

You do know Joseph could still be lying. So eevee also didn't read the setup lol

Eevee's reply to that a number of posts down: "Guilty." (Didn't feel like wasting space to actually post quote.)

Or maybe Calamitas isn't in this game.
Yea he's not, TWM is though and he's kinda a people person version of cal
I have absolutely zero recollection of TWM making any posts that aren't "sorry, still busy, I'll get to it". I guess he has been busy still, then?

Yea, this was okay when he was my scumpartner lurking and not getting called out. He pretty much missed an entire day which is bad.

i also feel that feeling

vote: eevee
I feel Vote: Eevee is the right thing to do.

Why and why?

This is the first time I think mcmc mentions Eevee's buddying.

Yea I think the big bummer in this game is that after what was pretty much a complete reread of the days major wagons and how they formed, I feel like I have solid town reads on robz/schadd/ww they have me pegged as town which is correct, they pegged ash correctly as town, their votes for the dead townie Joseph all make sense. I then have decent narratives for pps, eevee, and Andrew which I could see going either way, town or scum and then I have TWM, idp, and dylan which are all so null due to how little they posted it's impossible to figure out which way to tilt the narratives for pps/andrew/eevee.

It's like pps/andrew/idp could very easily be the scum team. Idp is lurky off wagon, pps and Andrew were pushing for the lynch of an active townie, didn't overly discourage people from moving to ashersky, and finally left all prior reads and hammered townie!joseph. That's one narrative that makes good sense and I could see being true.

The issue being twm/dylan/eevee could also be the scum team with eevee buddying me much the way I buddied faust recently, get an active townie to push lynches for you, didn't come to much bigger conclusions than anyone else, and have his scum partners just lurk the entire day away.

Now being forced to pick between these types of narratives(these aren't the only two teams just examples) I absolutely don't want to punish active town andrew and pps for having slightly different opinions than me, especially because mine were wrong about Joseph in the first place. I would much rather lose to pps and andrew because twm and Dylan and idp just lurked way to hard as town. If that makes sense.

So sorry schadd and witherweaver, zero of my eevee scum alarms are ringing, his defense is exactly what I would have said.

Twm on the other hand is increasingly unhelpful which I find interesting.

Eevee was the primary mover from the mcmc wagon to the Joseph wagon yesterday. I'm not sure what everyone else is considering him for but that is the most solid piece of evidence.

Eevee wasn't the primary mover at all. Eevee was never on my wagon, he was on joesph as an Rvs vote, eevee always townread me and then after a vote count he unvoted his Rvs vote, reread Joseph and then put him to l-2 with yes by the best explaination in the world but robz/ww/schadd all jumped quickly on the wagon with no explaination so I can't see how eevee's vote for Joseph is any scummier than the rest of our votes.

Ok. So there are pretty much all the interactions between Mcmc and Eevee. I do have to admit I did notice Mcmc acting more like schadd's buddy that acting like Eevee's, but there was only one moment where it seemed like you were skeptical of Eevee at all. Thanks for making me do this, because it at least confirmed my instinct that there was at least some buddying going on involving you too.

I may vote dylan. schadd and I have been way more buddy buddy than eevee and I. Also the conclusions dylan made are that if I am town, he wants to lynch andrew or pps which is basically what I had said about how andrew and pps moved from me to Joseph scummily. He makes no conclusion about what me being town says about eevee. Then he says if I'm scum eevee is certainly scum, which I don't know how he has gotten to. Then he ends with a scummy if we're going to look off wagon twm is the scummy one but doesn't give any reasons whatso ever as to why.

All he is doing is setting up people he wants to lynch with almost no reasons other than mcmc and eevee are buddying eachother.

Also I want to clarify I really think his explaination for why andrew and pps are people he would look to if I were town is indicative of him being scum. After a complete reread it's a really general reasoning that is setting up where he can pivot when I flip town. He's not even thinking about what eevee flipping town would mean which is wierd since it's an eevee/me interaction not just me. It's just very "I've made one read I'm basing all my other reads on so I can change them" I do this as scum lots.

If you are town, then Andrew and PPS were the two scummiest people in the way they moved off your wagon. I don't care if you said that, because if you are town, then I would have more reason to agree with you anyway.

If you are town, I still think Eevee's buddying would look scummy, but not quite as much as it would if you are also scum.  I don't know why any town would ever buddy anyone unless they had a confirmed result that proved to them that the person was town, so I see buddying and I automatically think the person is scummy.

"All he is doing..."  I gave reads and thoughts on why those were my scum reads. So is posting a reads list and including several scummy people on it just setting up people you want to lynch? That's kind of the point of posting reads, is so people know who you are looking at as potential lynches.

And the last paragraph was just wrong. You mean to tell me that when you are town and you have a read that you are pretty confident in and roughly a half dozen others that you are meh about, and those weak reads have interacted in various ways with your strong read such that some look more like partners and others look likely to be opposite aligned, that your reads on the other people wouldn't change depending on the actual alignment of that strong read? Yeah right.

Anyway, if Eevee flips town, then I just completely misread him, but it wouldn't affect my other reads too much except to remove the partner narrative that I saw.

Andrew, your question about me mentioning 3 conftowns. I was referring to both dead townies who ended on Mcmc's wagon and myself.  And my gut says of you and PPS, you would be scummier, but I would definitely need a reread before actually lynching. That was just my gut reactions after reading the whole game through once.

PPE 2
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: March 14, 2017, 11:32:18 pm »

Typo: there should have been "buddying involving you two" not "you too." One of the few times where that mistake actually can change how someone interprets the comment.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: March 15, 2017, 03:30:13 am »

Vote Count 2.3

Eevee (2): Witherweaver, schadd
IDontPlayThisGame (1): mcmcsalot
mcmcsalot (2): pingpongsam, AndrewisFTTW
Dylan32 (2): Robz888, Eevee
AndrewisFTTW (1): The_Wine_Merchant

Not Voting (2): IDontPlayThisGame, Dylan32

With 13-3 alive it takes 5+1 to lynch.
Day 2 ends Monday, Mar 21-1 at 1am FT.

Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: March 15, 2017, 07:09:25 am »

i would prefer not to elaborate at this time

Do you still feel this was schadd? If so would you elaborate and if not would you at least tell us what you were thinking at the time?

i do. will later do so

I would not quickhammer as scum on D1. I would hammer for sure but I'd follow intent to hammer protocol.

Andrew asked, but I should refrain because your feelings?
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: Eevee
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: March 15, 2017, 01:45:40 pm »

It's not a secret I've townread mcmc all game - it's been on the forefront a lot because he was actually in risk of getting lynched early so it felt prudent to express that read. If you are going to read "buddying" (whatever the term entails), I think I'll be an easy scumread for you for all eternity then. I haven't gotten the feeling mcmc has been buddying me at any point, I think his read on me has been going back and forth. When you post a lot, you end up saying a lot of different things.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
  • Shuffle iT Username: mcmcsalot
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: March 15, 2017, 02:13:53 pm »

It's not a secret I've townread mcmc all game - it's been on the forefront a lot because he was actually in risk of getting lynched early so it felt prudent to express that read. If you are going to read "buddying" (whatever the term entails), I think I'll be an easy scumread for you for all eternity then. I haven't gotten the feeling mcmc has been buddying me at any point, I think his read on me has been going back and forth. When you post a lot, you end up saying a lot of different things.

So it's posts like this from eevee that make me wonder why schadd and ww are still voting him. Eevee has given an accurate representation of how and why he buddied me and how and why I have read him. I get to know he is right about me and I get to know I think his reasons for viewing me as towny are reasons I believe town!eevee would have to town read me. Eevee also always gets crap mostly from scum about his buddying which is an eevee personality thing. This is a big reason I'm moving over to vote: dylan, his big posts about the interactions between me and eevee don't really go anywhere and in the end he claims eevee is scummy regardless of my flip due to his buddying. I think schadd and ww being on eevee made scum!dylan think he could get support for an eevee lynch so he scumread me and eevee's interactions and keeps saying if I'm town he will agree with my scum reads towards Andrew and pps due to the wagon movement but before he does that he still thinks eevee's scummy for finding me townie. It just seems like an all over the place non conclusive scum case.
Wins: M19, M21, M23, M24, M26, M39, M91, M94, M102, M104, M107, M114, M115
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113
Winrate: 38.2%(13/34) 29.6%(8/27), 71.4%(5/7)

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: March 15, 2017, 02:18:32 pm »

request prod: robz

His last post was almost 48 hours ago.
Losses: M20, M22, M25, M27, M30, M31, M35, M38, M40, M42, M46, M60, M90, M93, M96, M98, M100, M101, M106, M111, M113

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: March 15, 2017, 02:23:42 pm »

Unvote

Dylan, why aren't you voting?  Your post seems to say you think Eevee is scum.

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: March 15, 2017, 02:25:40 pm »

Fine, fair. I'm here, reading, lurking, prioritizing other things at the moment.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: March 15, 2017, 02:26:34 pm »

he asked, but not you; anything you say about what you would have done as scum is obviously bunk

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: March 15, 2017, 02:27:15 pm »

At schadd and ww, you guys have to do a lot of work to get me to lynch eevee. I am still seeing his posts leaning townie. I didn't mention it in my last post but with the amount of discussion going on, if eevee is scum and he has two partners to protect him and it's been as long as it had been with no posts it's highly unlikely scum!eevee is actually in danger of getting lynched and therefor probably doesn't post at all, just let town or mafia continue to lurk.

Also my eevee read aside, you guys are saying you want to lynch on wagon, on a fast wagon that seemed to be townie backed, and you don't want to lynch one of the two people who moved off a wagon they supported and onto a wagon they hadn't previously supported one of which hammered without any warning. Again this is practically putting reads aside since I have started to town read pps but I would still lynch him for that move and hammer over eevee who unvoted an early wagon position and isn't one of the mega low posters and has been correctly town reading me for believable reasons. Like I just don't see it.

Ppe: witherweaver yay! Also yes I thought it was strange dylan wasnt voting.

mcmcsalot

• Explorer
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: March 15, 2017, 02:35:00 pm »

Didn't mean to quote myself there.

pingpongsam

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: pingpongsam
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: March 15, 2017, 02:57:47 pm »

he asked, but not you; anything you say about what you would have done as scum is obviously bunk

Okay, I missed the context. But no, what I say about me can still be legitimate you just can't trust it until I've flipped.
You are the brashest scum player on f.ds.

schadd

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: March 15, 2017, 02:59:39 pm »

frankly i wouldn't trust it even if you flip town here. that's sort of the question here, isn't it?

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: March 15, 2017, 04:27:20 pm »

Reads:

schadd: Is sure I'm scum, otherwise seems like a nice fellow.
IDPTG: There have been some weird posts that have given me pause, but in the big picture I'm starting to think he just views the game differently from me, probably partially due to having played less or having played elsewhere (?). Jury is still out, the caution he is exhibiting makes me uneasy, but there have also been posts that have seemed very towny to me. Going back and forth, I guess.
TWM: I'm totally buying the "I really would post more if I had time, because he's been very engaged when here, to the point of producing some really long and hard to follow posts last page. Something doesn't feel right to me, but I don't even know what it is. Hopefully this increased activity level will sustain, should make him easier to read.
Dylan: Agree with what mcmc has been laying out. Seems.. calculated?
mcmc: Couldn't scum mcmc just let it be and hang back at some point? Especially because I feel his involvement has been pretty big in me not getting a bigger wagon, which I view as an especially towny contribution.
Robz: I don't remember anything from him one way or another. I guess there could be some meta-analysis to be made of what Robz being this inconsequential for a game might mean (probably leaning on scum more , especially as he hasn't really been needing to do anything - just townies lynched and no votes on him all game), but all in all very null.
PPS: Has he ever done anything so bold as the quickhammerscum? Especially because it didn't look like (to me anyways) scum was in much danger at the time, there was no competing wagon to Joseph at all. I guess if we at some point find out PPS was scum, we should look who stood to gain from the quickhammer, as in who could have been potential alternative targets. I'm not really loving PPS's explanations for the quickhammer, but town has bad explanations all the time.
Andrew: Feels way more present and aggressive today than he did yesterday, I would generally characterize big changes in style as towny because scum would be more cautious, but in this case it might be more Andrew getting his wings under him. I think he's posting pretty useful content for later if we get flips though, that's very good.
WW: I feel the activity and analysis combined make him pretty towny. One trait I remember marveling at as his scumbuddy has been "how can he be so fearless as to post that", I remember maybe him being more traditional and subdued in this game. I'm generally in a constant state of paranoia about WW, he is probably the hardest guy for me to read, but I'm wagering a bold townread here - don't let me down WW!

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: March 15, 2017, 04:29:02 pm »

WW: I feel the activity and analysis combined make him pretty towny. One trait I remember marveling at as his scumbuddy has been "how can he be so fearless as to post that", I remember maybe him being more traditional and subdued in this game. I'm generally in a constant state of paranoia about WW, he is probably the hardest guy for me to read, but I'm wagering a bold townread here - don't let me down WW!

This is pretty bold of you if we're both scum.

Eevee

• Saboteur
  • A wild Eevee appears!
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: March 15, 2017, 04:31:11 pm »

But that's impossible!

Wait, do you think that's possible?

Witherweaver

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: March 15, 2017, 04:31:49 pm »

But that's impossible!

Wait, do you think that's possible?

I don't know; if you're scum I'm going to have to check myself.

AndrewisFTTW

• Saboteur
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: March 15, 2017, 04:37:24 pm »

I agree with mcmc on Dylan, except I don't think it's necessarily scummy, I see it as a sincere attempt to reread and scumhunt and just not knowing exactly what he should be looking for and confusing a consistent townread for buddying. And also more scum points for mcmc for immediately jumping on a new player's attempt to properly contribute.

As for mcmc's other post, it's really easy (and suspicious) to call the last two people on a wagon scummy, though I happen to agree about pps being scummy for how he quickhammered. You say I jumped from one wagon to another and that's what's scummy. It is? There were a lot of other people who switched wagons yesterday including you switching from ash but I'm not pointing to it calling it scummy because it's not (correct me if I'm remembering this wrong). I think you suddenly have a scum read on me because I'm voting for you and that's pretty much the extent of it.
Wins: M39, M41, M48, M96, M97, M102, M105
Losses: M40, M43, M45, BM17 (?), RMM13, RMM17, RMM20, NM7, ZM18, M100, M109
MVPs: M97
Mod/Co-Mod: M46, M49, M52, NM10
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 63  All

Page created in 0.092 seconds with 17 queries.