Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 85  All

Author Topic: M91: trouble in the Scouncil (schadnd mafia) (g@me over)  (Read 208047 times)

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
Re: M91: trouble in the Scouncil (schadnd mafia) (D1)
« Reply #400 on: January 02, 2017, 09:43:32 pm »

How about this. We don't lynch Joseph today but if he's still alive tomorrow we lynch him. If he dies during the night the n we know he was being truthful. Does that satisfy everyone? If so who are possible D-1 lynchs for us. I say one of the lurkers like Mcmc or Awa

This seems awful. If we follow your plan (and Joseph is telling the truth) we don't lynch him today, scum NKs someone else, and we mislynch him tomorrow.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: January 02, 2017, 09:43:37 pm »

How about this. We don't lynch Joseph today but if he's still alive tomorrow we lynch him. If he dies during the night the n we know he was being truthful. Does that satisfy everyone? If so who are possible D-1 lynchs for us. I say one of the lurkers like Mcmc or Awa
No! Think about that for a second.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
  • Shuffle iT Username: TWM
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: January 02, 2017, 09:43:51 pm »

From the few historical games I read a lurker lynch ended up being pretty random. I would be more inclined to go for RR (he had some stuff in the past that I found suspicious) or Robz if we are choosing to keep Joseph alive.

And I don't like if/then statements. I feel like they are too easy for mafia to manipulate.
Wins: M91, M96, NM10, M98, M102, M105
Losses: M100, M103, M104, M109, M112

MVPs: M91, M96
Win percentage: 54.5 (6/11)

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: January 02, 2017, 09:46:06 pm »

I would be more inclined to go for RR (he had some stuff in the past that I found suspicious)
Oh yeah, we've never played before! I play differently, and I used to get lynched a bunch for it because different = scummy. I've grown a bit as a player, but mostly I can get away with weird stuff because I'm RR. Sort of like Joseph, except less extreme.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: January 02, 2017, 09:47:55 pm »

From the few historical games I read a lurker lynch ended up being pretty random. I would be more inclined to go for RR (he had some stuff in the past that I found suspicious) or Robz if we are choosing to keep Joseph alive.

And I don't like if/then statements. I feel like they are too easy for mafia to manipulate.

This is my third game and all three have been with both Jake and RR. In the previous two, they both seemed really scummy and they were both town.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: January 02, 2017, 10:02:25 pm »

This is my third game and all three have been with both Jake and RR. In the previous two, they both seemed really scummy and they were both town.
I'm always town 8) but seriously for all the people who think my idea is terrible or don't want to lynch Joseph, Then who? Make some cases on others so we have a actual lynch pool. I'll make one for one of my preferred lynch's. Mcmc is total lurker and should be lynched. He hasn't posted in almost 3 days. Come on lurkers shouldn't get a pass.
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 02, 2017, 10:04:48 pm »

Can someone unvote Joseph please, this L-1 is insanity.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Robz888

• Margrave
  • Shuffle iT Username: Robz888
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 02, 2017, 10:05:25 pm »

Maybe my perspective is warped because my first experience with Jake was in 87, where he acted just as crazy has he's acted in every subsequent game, and he was scum.
I have been forced to accept that lackluster play is a town tell for you.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: January 02, 2017, 10:08:21 pm »

Make some cases on others so we have a actual lynch pool.
You can do this if you want!

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 02, 2017, 10:12:15 pm »

Why Robz?

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: January 02, 2017, 10:27:18 pm »

There are cases on my strongest lynch candidates how about you make one Calm if you don't want a Joseph lynch that bad?
Baseball For Life

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: January 02, 2017, 10:28:33 pm »

Maybe my perspective is warped because my first experience with Jake was in 87, where he acted just as crazy has he's acted in every subsequent game, and he was scum.
I think I acted crazier that game.
Baseball For Life

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: January 02, 2017, 10:39:06 pm »

There are cases on my strongest lynch candidates how about you make one Calm if you don't want a Joseph lynch that bad?
Here's a case: Due to the fact that no one counterclaimed Joseph, he is an IC.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: January 02, 2017, 10:41:52 pm »

Not IC but pretty pretty close to it, certainly enough to not bot lynch him today!

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 02, 2017, 10:43:15 pm »

Not IC but pretty pretty close to it, certainly enough to not bot lynch him today!
Sure, not an IC because of Mason stuff.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: January 02, 2017, 11:25:00 pm »

Why Robz?

It was revealed that Robz had pushed for and achieved a lynch on a claimed PR Day1 previously as mafia in M88.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 02, 2017, 11:26:08 pm »

Sorry M89

I refuse to lynch Joseph without a counterclaim. Like I would hope that I died in the night if that happened so I didn't have to talk again about how horrible of a lynch it would be.

Why would it be so horrible?

Well because right now he should be IC. And switching the UB to an IC isn't that bad. There is also a chance that a PR dies that he could inherit. We lynched Jake in a game a few games ago when he was a vanilla cop and we shouldn't have. Actually Robz had the same argument that game as well

Can you source that game?
Looks like M89 is the one you were referring to. Robz was scum that game.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 03, 2017, 02:32:47 am »

faust: Why did you vote Robz?
I wanted to vote for someone who is not Joseph, and Robz hadn't been townie.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 03, 2017, 02:38:17 am »

The issue with lurker lynches: Yes they are somewhat random. But they will still be somewhat random on D2, D3 etc., since lurkers won't give much to determine their alignment. It's better to have active players in the game that can be read. A lurker is always a blank and needs to be lynched at some point unless the game goes really well.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: January 03, 2017, 02:42:31 am »

And vote: Robz again.

I cannot imagine this sentiment (lynching a claimed UB without counterclaim) coming from town!Robz unless he is UB or Mason.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #420 on: January 03, 2017, 03:43:40 am »

This seems awful. If we follow your plan (and Joseph is telling the truth) we don't lynch him today, scum NKs someone else, and we mislynch him tomorrow.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: January 03, 2017, 04:09:11 am »

Vote: Jake
You have been yelling at people all game for voting me saying it was a easy mislynch but then you vote me when your backed into a corner trying to find some one else to lynch so you survive... OK
You're so insistent on such a bad lynch (wanting to lynch an uncontested PR), that screams scummy to me.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #422 on: January 03, 2017, 05:28:23 am »

I have been posting actively.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: January 03, 2017, 08:10:02 am »

And vote: Robz again.

I cannot imagine this sentiment (lynching a claimed UB without counterclaim) coming from town!Robz unless he is UB or Mason.
I agree, but I still not see a narrative that makes sense for robz. If he is actually a UB he is going to get killed due to his behavior anyways, in that regard it's identical to a claim. If we actually lynch Joseph and he flips town, robz is going to be under heaviest suspicion. Neither scum!robz nor non-mason/UB!robz would want that.

The_Wine_Merchant

• Alchemist
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: January 03, 2017, 08:43:45 am »

The issue with lurker lynches: Yes they are somewhat random. But they will still be somewhat random on D2, D3 etc., since lurkers won't give much to determine their alignment. It's better to have active players in the game that can be read. A lurker is always a blank and needs to be lynched at some point unless the game goes really well.

Yeah. That makes sense. I guess my supposition was based on the idea that the players were inactive or lurking for a short period of time and would become active at a later date, especially with much of this game taking place during the western holiday season.

I happen to have been able to be more active because of the holidays, but that is because I was mostly sitting at home in warm pajamas next to a heater alternatively drinking coffee and cider. But sadly , that lurxury is coming to an end.

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 85  All

Page created in 0.064 seconds with 16 queries.