Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 9: Grown-up Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 121859 times)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 9: Grown-up Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #325 on: December 06, 2016, 05:19:59 pm »

I would just say that half the game is vets and also lynching vets is fun because they never get lynched but people look at the case not some tiny thing on the side because the case against Big G is valid and it's the best case we have.

Have to say I don't like LaLight's reads list. The timing is bad; coming after some other people doing the same thing, this looks like a thing scum would do that's easy to fake. Then most "would lynchs" are (acti-)lurkers, which is fine, but also very generic.

Eh i did it as far as i had the computer.

Also, Jake, i've made gkrieg case.
That's good too all cases on Big G have valid points that I think everyone should look and decide whether to lynch him or not

Also, 1 of the vets (me) gets mislynched quite a lot
Me too I always die D-1 or D-2 despite me claiming even when I'm doctor or cop.  Also Faust's case against Big G is strong too and we need a lynch so I implore all to take a hard look at Big G and decide whether he's worthy of your vote or not.

Jake, you really need to stop doing this weird tunneling thing D1.  I have responded to your case on me.  If you want to convince people that I really am scum, you need to respond to my response.  Your attitude of just telling everyone that I'm scum and that they need to look at me won't convince anyone, but will impair your ability to actually find scum.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: December 06, 2016, 05:21:51 pm »

I have also defended myself but have yet to see more arguments against my defense from Jake. If you think your case is so good, why aren't you refuting my defenses?

I don't know how scummy this will make me but i'm inclined to give you D1 pass here for several reasons such as strong town game from your side and the fact you are always lynched as town D1 so this must have some explanation. I feel scum vibes from you but they are not so strong i want to lynch you here and now.
:3

The phrasing of this gives me a town read on LaLight.

So right now I have town reads on faust, LaLight

mild town read on IDPTG, and Joseph

null on Jake and RR, Dylan as well.  Jake was townie until he was role fishing with Dylan, although he has done that before as town.

So I guess that leaves Calamitas?

He hasn't been as active, or sensible as I would've expected.  D1 in these small games is hard.
In which regard haven't I been sensible?

I guess it is mainly the active part.  I feel like you usually have a say in what is going on, and that it is sensible, so the fact that you haven't been as active and commenting on what has been going on makes it feel like you haven't been as sensible.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: December 06, 2016, 05:23:34 pm »

Just don't claim, why is this even a debate...

Also it is quotes like this that downplay the validity of faust's argument.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: December 06, 2016, 05:25:20 pm »

I have also defended myself but have yet to see more arguments against my defense from Jake. If you think your case is so good, why aren't you refuting my defenses?

I don't know how scummy this will make me but i'm inclined to give you D1 pass here for several reasons such as strong town game from your side and the fact you are always lynched as town D1 so this must have some explanation. I feel scum vibes from you but they are not so strong i want to lynch you here and now.
:3

The phrasing of this gives me a town read on LaLight.

So right now I have town reads on faust, LaLight

mild town read on IDPTG, and Joseph

null on Jake and RR, Dylan as well.  Jake was townie until he was role fishing with Dylan, although he has done that before as town.

So I guess that leaves Calamitas?

He hasn't been as active, or sensible as I would've expected.  D1 in these small games is hard.
In which regard haven't I been sensible?

I guess it is mainly the active part.  I feel like you usually have a say in what is going on, and that it is sensible, so the fact that you haven't been as active and commenting on what has been going on makes it feel like you haven't been as sensible.
I have never been really active D1 with either alignment, usually I cannot contribute with reads since there is little-none to work with.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: December 06, 2016, 05:26:02 pm »

I got that. Now can you answer my questions here:
Did you consider that we might have a theory disagreement? I mean gkrieg thinks the same way I do, and we have more experience in this than you. Are we scumpartners then?
Gkrieg might haven't thought it through, but I still don't like it. Bringing it up the first place is orders of magnitudes worse though.

Or posts like this saying that I might have not it through.  Your argument is that you are right, because the person supporting faust didn't think, and not considering the fact that your argument might just be wrong.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #330 on: December 06, 2016, 05:27:29 pm »

Just don't claim, why is this even a debate...

Also it is quotes like this that downplay the validity of faust's argument.
It still don't believe it is a valid argument, will post my full analysis of the setup tomorrow. Didn't find the time today but tomorrow I will have plenty.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: December 06, 2016, 05:28:10 pm »

Didn't realize either that the deadline is so close.
In regard to the "theory" debate I still stand by my position that a PR claim is absolutely horrible. My read on faust has diminished though since he seems to genuinely believe that such a claim would benefit town. I don't see why but I buy that he believes that.

In regard to other reads I have literally nothing to offer. LaLight drives the game forward which is absolutely alignment-unindicative. Rest hasn't said anything particular alignment indicative either.

I mean this just sounds lazy, which is fine, but the rest of your posts revolve solely around what faust has said.  You have given nothing else to go on for future days.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: December 06, 2016, 05:34:57 pm »

So far, no-one has done anything that seems really very scummy to me. That probably means at least 1 scum is a vet,maybe both. Newbies are more likely to be more obvious as scum.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: December 06, 2016, 05:37:29 pm »

From the newbies, I'd say IDPTG is towniest. Absolutely no idea about Alec/Dylan, although I don't much want to lynch someone who's subbed in with 2 days to go in D1. Jake seems crazy, although that might just be how he is.

Joseph2302

• Jester
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: December 06, 2016, 05:50:48 pm »

And the 6 vets are harder to read, so will need longer rereads

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: December 06, 2016, 06:29:54 pm »

In light of some minor rule violations, we would like to remind all players that communication about the game outside of the thread is strictly forbidden. Specific players have been warned.
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: December 06, 2016, 06:46:47 pm »

Will defute Big G's defense if possible tomorrow if not then I'll reread and try to find more lynch canadites
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

Dylan32

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: Dylan32
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: December 06, 2016, 06:51:12 pm »

Hey everyone! Good to be here.  gkrieg, thanks for that comment about the game that just ended, although you conveniently left out me screwing up, getting modkilled, and handing the game to scum haha.

Yeah, this game seems like it developed maybe a little bit slower than the other 2 I've been in, but I suppose that's to be expected for a newbie game.  If nothing happens this might be tough for me because I've felt like I've been pretty slow at coming up with reads so far previously, but here's my thoughts so far.

gkrieg honestly scares me because he plays such a good town game that I really want him alive, but I just know the game I decide to not be suspicious of him and fully trust him will be the one that he is scum and it bites me in the butt.  would not lynch today.

I only have that one previous game with Jake where he was lynched D-1 as the cop.  He seems more controlled and toned down which is a good thing regardless of alignment, because I feel like if he keeps this up it'll be easier to judge his content and not just lynch him to keep him from dominating the thread.  That may not quite be worth town points, but I do see some improvement that if kept up will make his games less tedious to try to read through to sort out fluff and OMGUS from real content, so props for that!

I don't particularly care for the immediate role fishing by Jake, but considering it was right after LL asking my alignment (obviously town, as you can tell from Alec's rock solid content :D ), I am going to take it for now as more of a joke than scummy.

I don't particularly think faust's idea about the weak PRs claiming was particularly scummy, because there are times when town does have more to gain by outing a PR than not, case in point me outing Robz as scum (prior to screwing up) in LL's game that just ended.  Of course this is a different situation than counterclaiming a scum lie, but there are still similar types of pros and cons that must be considered.  I don't think it should happen yet, but I don't see faust bringing it up as scummy like Calamitas did.

So far, I think I'm probably most suspicious of Calamitas so far, mainly because I don't care for the "I'm never active D1" because I don't think that is particularly helpful for town.  The way he has approached the theory dispute does seem sort of unusual though.  Faust clearly explained his points, and the closest Calm got to acknowledging them was basically "I guess he genuinely believes that."

I don't think I've seen anything yet that I can't see someone doing as town, so most of my reads are pretty null to town leaning so far.  Although it probably wouldn't take much to swing me either direction so far.

For now I'm going to Vote: Calamitas.  I guess this is more of a "he's less townie" vote more so than a "he's most scummy" vote, but that's the best I've got right now.

PPE2
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: December 06, 2016, 07:49:16 pm »

So

1) LaLight - Innocent Child of this game, see, his name is green!
2) Calamitas - claim stuff. Looks townie from this perspective
3) Jake - As usual hard to read, would lynch.
4) Alec - well, you know
5) Joseph - First meaningful post is #247. Before that nothing at all. Would lynch.
6) Roadrunner - Every post contains the RVS abbreviature. Also, never answered my initial questions. Also may be in a team with Alec? :)
7) IDontPlayThisGame - clear newb!town. Tries to enter the game. One more thought about him I'd better keep to myself for the best.
8 ) Faust - looks townie at everything. yeah, can be a bold scum here, though i don't think so. Feels kinda frustrated? idk. wouldn't lynch, faust is great to be in a team with.
9) GKrieg13 - here we go. my prime suspect. there was a previous case, then this:

I feel like I have actually posted more content than most of the people on your list.  I have taken stands on everything that has been going on.  I'm actually surprised I'm null on your list honestly.

Yeah? Talking about lynching Jake a lot, agreeing with faust, making a LOT of SHORT posts, and then trying to get me. You feel here as lazy scum trying to hover a flashlight on everyone else (maybe even on your partner (not me)) to make them feel nervous, but without actual case. As if you want a no-lynch in the end. I even see that if you outlive the night you will become the activest of the activest people on D2. I don't know if I'm right, but you're the most suspicious one here. I know that as town you are playing much, much better.

Vote: GKrieg13

Uh, I have been going for a lot of short posts, because I've been playing games much more on feel lately, especially on D1.  I think the use of gut for me has been pretty effective lately.

Also D1 is the exact right time for hovering and trying to point the flashlight at people.  I want people to feel nervous so I can see who acts normal under the pressure and who doesn't.

I would also argue that I'm usually not as into the game D1, as you can see from the game that just finished that you modded.  I feel like most of this case is OMGUS (just a reaction to me calling you scummy)

Also where did I talk about lynching Jake a lot?  I think there have only been a few different posts where I have mentioned lynching Jake, and they were all just to get a reaction from Jake.  It worked, because I believe Jake is reacting very differently to pressure in this game than he did in his last game, where he was town.  He seemed to just shake off the pressure in this game, where he had a sort of doom and gloom, "I'm going to die today, so lynch these people tomorrow" point of view.

Ok so will post my full reads and cases some but for now I will just vote and a short why

He is acting very strange will elaborate tomorrow don't kill him before I post my reads.

Just skimmed back through, and I'm surprised I missed this somewhat interesting tidbit.  gkrieg says he was just trying to get a reaction from Jake, doesn't even say whether or not he thinks the reaction was scummy, and then Jake votes seemingly OMGUS but says don't kill him?  This seems weird: not the OMGUS vote, because Jake reacted the same way to McG and others in M89, but weird like why would you vote and say "Don't kill him"?

gkrieg, do you think the difference in Jake's reaction to the so-called flashlight was more of an alignment-related difference or more of a newbie-improving/changing-his-gameplay difference?
Forum Mafia Record - Wins: 14 - NM9, M97, RMM41, M99, M102, M104, M119, M126, RMM56, M133, M134, RMM58, RMM59, RMM61, RMM60; Losses 15 - RMM37, M89, M94, M95, M96, M100, RMM47 M109, M110, M120, M127, M129, M131, M132, M136; MVPs: 1 - NM9

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: December 06, 2016, 08:00:12 pm »

I'm hoping that it is just Jake maturing. I think he still has many effects from his town play here. His tunneling of me without a very good case, and his OMGUS of me are what I would expect from town!Jake

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: December 06, 2016, 08:01:02 pm »

Also I think that puts Calamitas at L-1

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: December 06, 2016, 08:24:47 pm »

Request Vote Count
Baseball For Life

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: December 06, 2016, 08:26:19 pm »

I'm hoping that it is just Jake maturing. I think he still has many effects from his town play here. His tunneling of me without a very good case, and his OMGUS of me are what I would expect from town!Jake
It may not be the best case but it's decent when put together with others against you and it's D-1 so your not going to have the best cases on people but yours is by far the strongest.
Baseball For Life

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: December 06, 2016, 08:57:47 pm »

It may not be the best case but it's decent when put together with others against you and it's D-1 so your not going to have the best cases on people but yours is by far the strongest.

See you keep making these statements that don't have any backing. Have you looked at what I've put up on Calamitas?  Who else have you looked at?

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: December 06, 2016, 10:51:21 pm »

He is acting very strange will elaborate tomorrow don't kill him before I post my reads.

Did Jake ever explain why he doesn't want us to kill the person he's voting for?

Dylan32

• Young Witch
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: December 06, 2016, 11:10:20 pm »

Did Jake ever explain why he doesn't want us to kill the person he's voting for?

I don't remember seeing it if he did.  It's confusing, but it's also something that is well within the realm of things I could see town!Jake do from the little bit I've seen him play before.  That's obviously not a sure thing, but I can kind of see it being more consistent with town than scum!Jake.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: December 06, 2016, 11:52:13 pm »

I don't particularly care for the immediate role fishing by Jake, but considering it was right after LL asking my alignment (obviously town, as you can tell from Alec's rock solid content :D ), I am going to take it for now as more of a joke than scummy.

I think it was definitely a joke referencing an early post where faust (I think) asked that of Alec.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: December 07, 2016, 12:17:25 am »

Vote Count 1.LL

faust (1): Calamitas,
Calamitas (3): faust, GKrieg, Dylan32 L-1
Jake (1): Lalight
GKrieg13 (1): Jake

Not Voting (3): Roadrunner7671, Joseph, IDontPlayThisGame
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: December 07, 2016, 12:23:34 am »

This is an interesting bunch of people voting for Calamitas. I'm pretty sure one (or both?) of them is clearly scum. Also, Dylan's putting to L-1 may be either newcomer's mistake or a good faked one.

I see two good possibilities:

1) intent to hammer so if Calamitas flips town we could scumhunt one of three people frankly or he flips scum and it's good after all.
2) start scumhunting now, presuming one of his voters is scum. Actually there might be, because his partner may bus. Yeah, right.

Vote: Dylan32
You should've noticed this is L-1.
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: December 07, 2016, 12:39:17 am »

This is an interesting bunch of people voting for Calamitas. I'm pretty sure one (or both?) of them is clearly scum. Also, Dylan's putting to L-1 may be either newcomer's mistake or a good faked one.

I see two good possibilities:

1) intent to hammer so if Calamitas flips town we could scumhunt one of three people frankly or he flips scum and it's good after all.
2) start scumhunting now, presuming one of his voters is scum. Actually there might be, because his partner may bus. Yeah, right.

Vote: Dylan32
You should've noticed this is L-1.

Why are those the only options?  Calamitas could just be scum.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 48  All

Page created in 0.161 seconds with 16 queries.