Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 48  All

Author Topic: Newbie Mafia 9: Grown-up Mafia (Game Over!)  (Read 121965 times)

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
Re: Newbie Mafia 9: Grown-up Mafia (Day 1)
« Reply #250 on: December 05, 2016, 01:22:16 pm »

• LaLight: Kind of doing things without actually doing/contributing anything. For example talking about moving game forward, but not actually doing anything to actually help move game forward. Which is kind of anti-town in my opinion
  • Calamitas: Long debate about claims, and not a lot else. Seems towny for now, because that debate kind of made sense from both perspectives
  • JaketheBaseballGod22: Defending RVs and discussing one vote quite a lot, but newbies probably do that a lot anyway. Would need to look at previous games on him
  • NotTheRealAlec: Apparently not playing. Lynch on him would be crapshoot random
  • Joseph2302: Town
  • Roadrunner7671: Has he done anything this game other than RVs? Doing nothing = not helping town
  • IDontPlayThisGame: Completely new player getting into the hang of the game. He's trying to push game along by asking for contributions from inactive players, and some good posts made e.g. #200. This seems pro-town. D1 pass for him
  • faust: Massclaim discussion, seems reasonably towny to me, even though I disagree that we should massclaim. Potentially dangerous to even talk about it in a newbie game (newbies are more claim without thinking hard about it), but doesn't seem to me like a risk that scum!faust would take
  • gkrieg13: Not a huge amount of content posted. Null read on him for now

Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 05, 2016, 01:25:54 pm »

So I'll say something about 8 and 9 of your list.  scum!faust would definitely take a risk like that, but if you really read his argument, you can see that he is actually right, and was not saying we should mass claim, but that certain PRs would be better as IC (by them claiming) than being what they really are.

I feel like I have actually posted more content than most of the people on your list.  I have taken stands on everything that has been going on.  I'm actually surprised I'm null on your list honestly.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 05, 2016, 01:31:14 pm »

1. LaLight
Starts off the conversation by giving everyone a list of questions to answer. He wasn't opposed to the mass claim and said both sides had a point. I'm inclined to see those two as town-leaning, although the claim stance less so. He seems like helpful town LaLight from NM8 (assuming I'm remembering correctly). Going with town for now.

I do agree that LaLight is being helpful, but I have been on his team as scum before, and he didn't get much suspicion then, so I would keep my eye on him if I were you.

2. Calamitas
Mainly posting against the mass claim. As LaLight pointed out, both scenarios (claim vs no claim) help town, so I'm not convinced that this would indicate scum!Calamitas (is that the correct format?). Null read
Calamitas would be honest about the setup as either alignment.  I wouldn't take any setup talk from him as alignment indicative.  One more thing, faust did not propose a massclaim. 

3. JaketheBaseballGod22
Posted about Alec and created a defense against my accusation. As I said, his posts seem different from when I played with him as town, but that's mainly due to the grammar (which is a change I'm very happy to see). Still not convinced he's town, but I'm not totally sure that he's scum.
Unvote

4. NotTheRealAlec
Four posts. One votes Jake, one's a quote of the voting list, one says he'll be better about posting, and the last says he has no prior mafia experience. Nothing to read imo. Since it's his first game and people were kind enough to do this for me in mine, I'm not inclined to put him in today's lynch pool just because of lurking.

5. Joseph2302
Some RVS stuff and answering LaLight. Seemed to go VLA, so I don't think there's anything to read. I'm looking forward to his analysis.

6. Roadrunner7671
Talks about whether we're in RVS and takes a stance on claiming. He also confirms that Jake's account has not been compromised. Nothing to read yet.

8. faust
Tries to trick Alec into giving away his alignment. Personally, I support that move. Brings up, and subsequently defends, the mass claim. He also moves the game along by asking people (like yours truly) to stop saying we should move on and actually provide something to move on to. I don't know if that's a town or scum move; I'm inclined to think it's neither and it's for the sake of the game. [Oh, just a request. I'm fine with most nicknames, but I'd rather not get stuck with Idon] Overall, I'm leaning town vet trying to move the game along.

9. gkrieg13
Agrees with faust on claiming which is, as mentioned before, neutral. Supports lynching Jake, but I don't know if that means anything just now. I've got nothing.

I'll say that I only sort of jokingly support Jake's lynch, in the sense that I will pretty much always support a Jake lynch.  I think up to this point, he isn't that helpful to town, but that he is getting much better.

So basically, we get to the end and all I have are town and null reads. It's possible that scum happen to be the people I'm not getting reads on, but I doubt that's the case given probability and the experienced people in this game. I need to learn how to read people because at this point I'm not doing much good for anyone.

PPE: 3

My stuff is in bold above (well I mean except for the unvote.)

LaLight

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: LaLight
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 05, 2016, 01:34:46 pm »

Ugh, come on I'm always, always helpful, especially in nms! Will contribute more after watching lasr westworld epispde :P
Wins: 15, 10
Losses: 11, 5, 1
Draws: 1
MVPs: 4
Mod/Co-mod: 18

I always have a limited access to forum on weekends.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 05, 2016, 01:36:41 pm »

Didn't realize either that the deadline is so close.
In regard to the "theory" debate I still stand by my position that a PR claim is absolutely horrible. My read on faust has diminished though since he seems to genuinely believe that such a claim would benefit town. I don't see why but I buy that he believes that.

In regard to other reads I have literally nothing to offer. LaLight drives the game forward which is absolutely alignment-unindicative. Rest hasn't said anything particular alignment indicative either.
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: December 05, 2016, 01:38:06 pm »

Ugh, come on I'm always, always helpful, especially in nms! Will contribute more after watching lasr westworld epispde :P

That is exactly what I'm saying.  You would be just as helpful as scum!

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: December 05, 2016, 01:44:40 pm »

So, then I'm null but you advise to keep an eye on me, not Calamitas. Why? :)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: December 05, 2016, 01:55:01 pm »

So, then I'm null but you advise to keep an eye on me, not Calamitas. Why? :)

It seemed like he was reading more town on you than on Calamitas.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: December 05, 2016, 02:51:46 pm »

So

1) LaLight - Innocent Child of this game, see, his name is green!
2) Calamitas - claim stuff. Looks townie from this perspective
3) Jake - As usual hard to read, would lynch.
4) Alec - well, you know
5) Joseph - First meaningful post is #247. Before that nothing at all. Would lynch.
6) Roadrunner - Every post contains the RVS abbreviature. Also, never answered my initial questions. Also may be in a team with Alec? :)
7) IDontPlayThisGame - clear newb!town. Tries to enter the game. One more thought about him I'd better keep to myself for the best.
8 ) Faust - looks townie at everything. yeah, can be a bold scum here, though i don't think so. Feels kinda frustrated? idk. wouldn't lynch, faust is great to be in a team with.
9) GKrieg13 - here we go. my prime suspect. there was a previous case, then this:

I feel like I have actually posted more content than most of the people on your list.  I have taken stands on everything that has been going on.  I'm actually surprised I'm null on your list honestly.

Yeah? Talking about lynching Jake a lot, agreeing with faust, making a LOT of SHORT posts, and then trying to get me. You feel here as lazy scum trying to hover a flashlight on everyone else (maybe even on your partner (not me)) to make them feel nervous, but without actual case. As if you want a no-lynch in the end. I even see that if you outlive the night you will become the activest of the activest people on D2. I don't know if I'm right, but you're the most suspicious one here. I know that as town you are playing much, much better.

Vote: GKrieg13

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: December 05, 2016, 04:19:20 pm »

Alec wasn't at school today, so I didn't even have the option to prod him.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

LaLight

• Jester
  • Because I'm a potato
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: December 05, 2016, 04:31:50 pm »

Huh, who asked the replacement then?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: December 05, 2016, 05:07:03 pm »

So

1) LaLight - Innocent Child of this game, see, his name is green!
2) Calamitas - claim stuff. Looks townie from this perspective
3) Jake - As usual hard to read, would lynch.
4) Alec - well, you know
5) Joseph - First meaningful post is #247. Before that nothing at all. Would lynch.
6) Roadrunner - Every post contains the RVS abbreviature. Also, never answered my initial questions. Also may be in a team with Alec? :)
7) IDontPlayThisGame - clear newb!town. Tries to enter the game. One more thought about him I'd better keep to myself for the best.
8 ) Faust - looks townie at everything. yeah, can be a bold scum here, though i don't think so. Feels kinda frustrated? idk. wouldn't lynch, faust is great to be in a team with.
9) GKrieg13 - here we go. my prime suspect. there was a previous case, then this:

Yeah? Talking about lynching Jake a lot, agreeing with faust, making a LOT of SHORT posts, and then trying to get me. You feel here as lazy scum trying to hover a flashlight on everyone else (maybe even on your partner (not me)) to make them feel nervous, but without actual case. As if you want a no-lynch in the end. I even see that if you outlive the night you will become the activest of the activest people on D2. I don't know if I'm right, but you're the most suspicious one here. I know that as town you are playing much, much better.

Uh, I have been going for a lot of short posts, because I've been playing games much more on feel lately, especially on D1.  I think the use of gut for me has been pretty effective lately.

Also D1 is the exact right time for hovering and trying to point the flashlight at people.  I want people to feel nervous so I can see who acts normal under the pressure and who doesn't.

I would also argue that I'm usually not as into the game D1, as you can see from the game that just finished that you modded.  I feel like most of this case is OMGUS (just a reaction to me calling you scummy)

Also where did I talk about lynching Jake a lot?  I think there have only been a few different posts where I have mentioned lynching Jake, and they were all just to get a reaction from Jake.  It worked, because I believe Jake is reacting very differently to pressure in this game than he did in his last game, where he was town.  He seemed to just shake off the pressure in this game, where he had a sort of doom and gloom, "I'm going to die today, so lynch these people tomorrow" point of view.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: December 05, 2016, 06:42:26 pm »

Ok so will post my full reads and cases some but for now I will just vote and a short why

He is acting very strange will elaborate tomorrow don't kill him before I post my reads.
Baseball For Life
Mafia Record Overall (6-14) 30%

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

Scum Wins (2-3) 40% M87L, M94W, ZM23L, M99L, ZM24W

MVP's: None

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
  • Shuffle iT Username: IDontPlayThisGame
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: December 05, 2016, 06:53:19 pm »

Ok so will post my full reads and cases some but for now I will just vote and a short why

He is acting very strange will elaborate tomorrow don't kill him before I post my reads.

I think that's a short enough why to not even count as a why

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: December 05, 2016, 06:57:08 pm »

Feels like scum Jake. Town Jake isn't so sheepy. I mean, Jake was sheepy enough to even capitalize the K in 'gkreig,' just like LaLight did!
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: December 05, 2016, 07:08:00 pm »

Feels like scum Jake. Town Jake isn't so sheepy. I mean, Jake was sheepy enough to even capitalize the K in 'gkreig,' just like LaLight did!

1) The "g" and "k" aren't capitalized in gkrieg's forum name.
2) Jake votes for "GKrieg13". I don't remember Jake ever writing someone's full name in the game I played with him.
3) Jake also asks us not to kill gkrieg, but nonetheless puts him one vote closer to being lynched.

Jake, can you explain these?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: December 05, 2016, 07:16:14 pm »

1) The "g" and "k" aren't capitalized in gkrieg's forum name.
2) Jake votes for "GKrieg13". I don't remember Jake ever writing someone's full name in the game I played with him.
3) Jake also asks us not to kill gkrieg, but nonetheless puts him one vote closer to being lynched.

Jake, can you explain these?

Just for the record, I'm happy that LaLight actually spells it right, even if he doesn't get the capitalization right!

That is a little bit strange, but how do we know that town!Jake isn't sheepy?  Like do you have any data for that RR?  I actually remember him being very sheepy, but then he gets these "concrete reads" that are wrong, like on McGarnacle in M89.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: December 05, 2016, 07:16:32 pm »

Or on EFHW in one of his older games.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: December 05, 2016, 11:20:41 pm »

Ok well truth be told I just copy pasted what LL said because I was very busy and voting from my phone but also mods don't recognize some of my nicknames for people as votes so I have to spell out there names for it to work. Alright so here's what I mean by strange.

In my games with Big G always has fewer than 10 posts D-1 and never gives small short posts. I can give examples if needed. Also in my games with Big G has made a few wise post every couple pages that are very detailed and never posts a lot like now. Also can give examples if needed. In fact in one of the games I played with I accenditly proded him because he didn't post for so long. Also there is no other good D-1 cases besides people trying to grasp at straws against me.

Btw completely separate and not part of my case I just wanna kill a vet D-1 instead of me
Baseball For Life

Town Wins (4-11) 26.7% M88L, M89L, NM9L, M91L, M95L, M97L,NM10W, RMM41L, M100L, M103L, M105W, M107W, RMM45W, M109L, RMM46L

IDontPlayThisGame

• Baron
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: December 05, 2016, 11:44:59 pm »

In my games with Big G always has fewer than 10 posts D-1 and never gives small short posts. I can give examples if needed. Also in my games with Big G has made a few wise post every couple pages that are very detailed and never posts a lot like now. Also can give examples if needed. In fact in one of the games I played with I accenditly proded him because he didn't post for so long. Also there is no other good D-1 cases besides people trying to grasp at straws against me.

Some examples would be nice.

Btw completely separate and not part of my case I just wanna kill a vet D-1 instead of me

This may not be a part of your case, but it certainly hurts it in my eyes...

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #270 on: December 05, 2016, 11:45:08 pm »

Ok well truth be told I just copy pasted what LL said because I was very busy and voting from my phone but also mods don't recognize some of my nicknames for people as votes so I have to spell out there names for it to work. Alright so here's what I mean by strange.

If you look at this game, I also got prodded to activity by the deadline being so close.  Also if you look at all of my past games, I would say that I have more than 10 posts on D1 in nearly all of them.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 05, 2016, 11:46:12 pm »

And also there hasn't been much to comment on in this game.  No one has really done anything.  If you don't believe me, name 3 things that have happened in this game.

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 05, 2016, 11:47:43 pm »

Ok not how I wanted to phrase that much rather have said anyone other than me.
Baseball For Life

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 05, 2016, 11:48:22 pm »

And also there hasn't been much to comment on in this game.  No one has really done anything.  If you don't believe me, name 3 things that have happened in this game.
Me, Myself and I
Baseball For Life

JaketheBaseballGod22

• Steward
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 05, 2016, 11:49:13 pm »

I will get you some examples hopefully tomorrow or maybe tonight if I can
Baseball For Life

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 48  All

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 16 queries.