Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 40  All

Author Topic: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (Game Over - Cylons Win!)  (Read 99061 times)

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
Re: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (D2)
« Reply #475 on: August 29, 2016, 08:10:16 pm »

There was a lot going on and I didn't notice it hadn't been answered. Like who you think is scummy

Fair, but I have no useful reads at the moment.. I'm just in survival mode. Which I recognise is not necessarily for the good of the town, but please understand that in all my werewolf experience, not being dead was part of the victory condition, so claiming our equivalent of VT was common when someone was being hounded. And I feel like you're hounding me.

Some of my logic earlier made me think that you (gkrieg), Mail-mi and Chairs had to be town, but that was based partly on diedre's scumreads and partly on assuming that either diedre or Silver has to be scum. I think I put too much trust in Silver having a plan, and his sarky comment earlier kind of burst that bubble for me. I'm certainly mistrustful of him now, but I don't have good evidence.

I don't know what to make of RR, actually. RR-Silver would have made sense, and now RR's whole new extra-info thing makes not a lot of sense at all, though I guess it hints that he might have something to help town. My inclination is to wait and see how things get clarified, apart from the part where me waiting and seeing might make you want to lynch me.

Sorry.. it's gone 1am for me now, and I have a lot of work over the next few days that requires me to keep real-people hours :-(
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

chairs

• Young Witch
  • Why don't you have a seat over there...
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: August 29, 2016, 10:39:48 pm »

Also I'm very confused how EFHW was the NK.  I would guess more on the side of SA/chairs just because of that kill.
Can you please elaborate on that?

Well if you read the first day, she was woefully wrong with her reads.  So I feel an experienced player wouldn't kill her N1, unless they got an N0 action or something.  She is an experienced, good player, so I can see someone new reading one of her games and thinking she would be a good kill.

...are you suggesting I'm a new player?

(Also, in the one game where I got to call NKs, I was pretty spot on - but then, I was a vig that game, soooo)

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: August 29, 2016, 11:02:51 pm »

Also I'm very confused how EFHW was the NK.  I would guess more on the side of SA/chairs just because of that kill.
Can you please elaborate on that?

Well if you read the first day, she was woefully wrong with her reads.  So I feel an experienced player wouldn't kill her N1, unless they got an N0 action or something.  She is an experienced, good player, so I can see someone new reading one of her games and thinking she would be a good kill.

...are you suggesting I'm a new player?

(Also, in the one game where I got to call NKs, I was pretty spot on - but then, I was a vig that game, soooo)

I just don't think you would've looked back over the day to see who to kill maybe?

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: August 29, 2016, 11:16:29 pm »

Working on Rewind Mafia (which you should all join!). Will contribute when that's done.
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: August 29, 2016, 11:46:58 pm »

Wow everyone's talking about Roadrunner. I feel so special
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #480 on: August 30, 2016, 02:53:00 am »

From what RR is saying, he must have information that proves the existence of a delayed doctor?  So I guess I would go with iguana and silver are IC for now?
I wouldn't actually go that far to make them (almost) confirmed town since I have (IMO justified) doubts about the credibility of roads information (see post above). What do you think about that, do you actually believe RR?

seriously iguana is much more IC than I am based on those results.

I think your abc doesn't work for this situation because I think you are misinterpreting to what RR was referring to with his extra information that he doesn't feel he should have.

No, all that reasoning was from before RR even said anything about his extra information. I'd just assumed earlier that Silver's reason for not even asking RR for an argument on diedre was that he must have believed RR had extra information.

I sort of said this already, but me only plan this game was to play more relaxed and based on mood to re-develop my affection for mafia after the stupid finals... and, well,, hoping that results in town reads. I don't even remember all those things I've supposedly done.

vote: SA

This one is obvious. He wasn't close to being lynched, yet he's overreacting. Actually overreacting, unlike chairs.

Calamitas

• Tactician
  • Shuffle iT Username: Calamitas
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: August 30, 2016, 03:08:22 am »

Would one really say something like that if he feels actually guilt for using outside info?
Oh, i just don't like mafia games.

Town (5/9): M85, RMM35, M87, NM9, M90RMM38, M92, M91, M102,
Scum (3/3): M84, M88, M100

MVPs (1): M84

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: August 30, 2016, 03:46:26 am »

Would one really say something like that if he feels actually guilt for using outside info?
I would! And I keep looking back on it and I'm lessand less sure it's outside information. It might've been small talk.

I do that a lot. I like to chat with the mod.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: August 30, 2016, 03:53:40 am »

Have I unvoted yet? I seriously doubt diedre is scum. So I'll mine as well reread because I have nothing else to do

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: August 30, 2016, 04:20:46 am »

I forgot to reread

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: August 30, 2016, 04:23:11 am »

I do not have any information that proves there is a delayed doctor. I only have information that makes me more inclined to believe Silverspawn. Also gkrieg is either super towny or super scummy, I can't decide which

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: August 30, 2016, 04:27:43 am »

Vote: gkrieg
The key is to read his posts assuming he's already confirmed scum, not confirmed town. I always read people giving them the benefit of the doubt but that might not be such a good idea.

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: August 30, 2016, 04:31:38 am »

The key is to read his posts assuming he's already confirmed scum, not confirmed town. I always read people giving them the benefit of the doubt but that might not be such a good idea.
Which specific posts did raise your suspicion?

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: August 30, 2016, 04:32:49 am »

Which specific posts did raise your suspicion?
I'm just going to quote them with a brief description

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: August 30, 2016, 04:34:20 am »

Guys I just found a legitimate scum slip of gkrieg's! This is great!

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: August 30, 2016, 05:00:42 am »

My wifi cut out though, so the suspense builded

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: August 30, 2016, 05:01:38 am »

It's going to again, I can already tell. So we'll save the dramatic reveal for 4 or 5 hours, okay? It's not like anyone's awake, anyway

SpaceAnemone

• Thief
  • Shuffle iT Username: SpaceAnemone
  • Correct Horse Battery Staple
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: August 30, 2016, 05:05:40 am »

It's going to again, I can already tell. So we'll save the dramatic reveal for 4 or 5 hours, okay? It's not like anyone's awake, anyway

I'm awake, and interested! But I have to go to meetings soon... please post juicy stuff to get my through my day :-)
Congratulations! Your SpaceAnemone evolved into UniverseAnemone!
Town games: M84(L), M85(W), M86(L), M87(W), M88(L), M90(L), M92(W), M94(L), M97(L), M99(W), M100(L), M104(W), M107(W), M110(L), M112(L), RMM37(L), RMM40(D), RMM41(L), RMM43(L), RMM47(W), ZM23(W).
Scum games: M89(D), M108(L), NM8(W&MVP), NM10(L)   Mod: NM9, RMM38, RMM42.   Pronouns: they/them

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: August 30, 2016, 05:06:59 am »

I'm awake, and interested! But I have to go to meetings soon... please post juicy stuff to get my through my day :-)
Now I'm at 20% battery. We're going down  :(

Calamitas

• Tactician
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: August 30, 2016, 05:24:22 am »

Now I'm at 20% battery. We're going down  :(
Slowly I get willing to vote for you :D

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
Re: M84: Battlestar Galactica Mafia (N0)
« Reply #495 on: August 30, 2016, 08:08:03 am »

Vote Count 2.5

The lesson learned here is not to ask follow-up questions, but simply to say “Thank you, Captain Apollo, for saving our collective asses!”

chairs (2): Calamitas, diedre
silver (1): iguana
mail-mi (1): chairs
SA (3): mail-mi, gkrieg, silver (L-2)
gkrieg (1): RR

Not Voting (1): SpaceAnemone

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to lynch.

Deadline: 7pm, 3 September.
« Last Edit: August 30, 2016, 08:47:31 am by Haddock »
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: August 30, 2016, 08:17:46 am »

I am voting for two people at once! I had no idea!

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: August 30, 2016, 08:47:53 am »

I am voting for two people at once! I had no idea!
I don't know what you're talking about.  Surely you must be imagining things.

EDIT: I guess I should make this clearer.  There was indeed an error in the vote count.  It's now fixed, I believe.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

mail-mi

• Saboteur
  • Shuffle iT Username: mail-mi
  • Come play some Forum Mafia with us!
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: August 30, 2016, 09:07:39 am »

Um, huh? Wouldn't that just create more confirmation bias than anything else?
I currently imagine mail-mi wearing a dark trenchcoat and a bowler hat, hunched over a bit, toothpick in his mouth, holding a gun in his pocket.  One bead of sweat trickling down his nose.

'And what is it that ye shall hope for? Behold I say unto you that ye shall have hope through the atonement of Christ and the power of his resurrection, to be raised unto life eternal, and this because of your faith in him according to the promise." - Moroni 7:41, the Book of Mormon

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: August 30, 2016, 09:20:36 am »

So, based on how this day is going since I reported my result, I suppose people expect me to say something like this:

"Oh golly silverspawn, well I never had the slightest inkling you were a doctor! What a solid explanation for my result; we most definitely shouldn't lynch you now! In fact, why don't we all just ask you to decide who we should lynch next? You are our wise and most gracious leader!"

But actually, no, that's not where my head is at. I have a result on silverspawn that incriminates him at least 90% of the time, probably more. He has a fakeclaim, as should be expected of of any experienced scum player. But is it a solid fakeclaim? Not really. Most importantly, his fakeclaim relies on us believing that he thought he could get scum to shoot Seprix D2. Can I please remind everyone that Seprix is the player who gets mislynched as town in almost every town game he plays? Scum almost never shoots for him.

I agree that the delayed doctor claim is somewhat original as far as fake claims go, but when you think about it, what else could he possibly claim? He can't claim to be an investigator - who investigates his claimed top townread? And if he claims some kind of protective role, then how did Seprix die? So he claims the only town role it could be: delayed protection. If this is silver's true role, we had the worst luck ever and the stars aligned against us in so many ways at once. I refuse to believe in the probability.

In 90% or more of cases, silverspawn has some kind of scum role here and was responsible for Seprix's death last night. If we lynch him, then silver gets to be the most pro-town scum ever, who did no harm and only killed another scum for us. But if we believe his claim and let him live out the rest of the game, then we are true sheep who probably deserve to be slaughtered.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 40  All

Page created in 0.107 seconds with 16 queries.