Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 58  All

Author Topic: Mafia 82: Speed-Dating Mafia - Game Over - Mafia Win!  (Read 130095 times)

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
Re: Mafia 82: Speed-Dating Mafia - Day 1
« Reply #350 on: June 07, 2016, 04:09:47 am »

Even more terrible, terrible votes. If you're playing like Awaclus, you're playing like scum a good town game.

FTFY.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: June 07, 2016, 04:41:11 am »

nevermind, unvote. For a moment I thought I was onto something, but those latest igu posts aren't scum.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: June 07, 2016, 04:54:54 am »

I could vote ADK I think... these are too many "by the book" votes where he votes for someone because they committed some "generic" scumtell like "I can see why you're voting for me" or "he's trying to find reasons to vote for someone", and ADK doesn't really take meta or other relevant circumstances into account. These are easy stances to take.

I still like my Haddock vote better though.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: June 07, 2016, 10:27:15 am »

silverspawn and Faust are in almost 100% agreement this game. Interesting.

Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: June 07, 2016, 10:44:15 am »

well, they're in a QT, so might be syncing their information there before posting it.
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: June 07, 2016, 12:08:48 pm »

Vote Count 1.6

silverspawn (0): Roadrunner
iguana (2): Haddock, Awaclus, ADK
Haddock (0): gkrieg, faust, iguana
ADK (0): Seprix
Seprix (0): Joseph

Not voting (3): Jimmmmm, ced, silverspawn
With 12 alive it takes 7 to majority lynch

Day ends Saturday, June 11th at 1 p.m.

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: June 07, 2016, 12:55:43 pm »

Eh I'm not a fan of lynching iguana right now.  This seems like town!iguana

Joseph2302

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: Joseph2302
  • "Better to be lucky than good"
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: June 07, 2016, 02:03:52 pm »

Agreed
Mafia Stats: (correct as of 2017)
Town: 22 games, 8 wins
Scum: 5 games, 3 wins

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: June 07, 2016, 03:33:34 pm »

Oh hai Haddock. We have some misunderstandings with each other here. Let's deal with them.

OK so here's me trying to put something more concrete down about iguana.

Ced will come shortly.

My thoughts on II centre around the fact that he's being way too analytical; I do not expect iguana to be this analytical in his style.  Maybe this is his conscious effort to change his style.  But scum can hide behind that.  I'm talking about posts like this:
Actually delaying information until the correct time to reveal it is always the best play, and we often do not observe that on this forum.

In this case, talking a lot about how scum should act just gives scum a better idea of how they should act and allows them to know what we anticipate them doing before they do it.
Another thing to possibly discuss would be whether or not we should observe some kind of proxy voting system. We have to vote together, but if people disagree they could put proxy votes on different people and we could tally the votes.

OTOH, the only time we observed a system like this is when silverscum used it to lead the town to destruction in Trees mafia, and made sure to get a bad no-lynch through that way.

So I'm conflicted.

Nothing to say about this. You quoted some quotes where I was trying to solve the game and then called them scummy. Lawl.

You said it yourself, buddy:
Where was I ever ... analytical and solvy and heartfelt the whole way through? Oh yeah, I remember, that one game where I was scum!

This is my town meta people. I am a town.
I mean, up to the bit in italics, this is my whole point in those quotes.  You're being analytical and solvy, and that's not what I've come to expect from town!you.

That's just a general feeling.  Actually outright scummy things he's done:

Gather the wagons.
I want to hear his true motivation for these careless RVS votes. I want to hear something that comes from his heart of hearts.
This is the kind of highly emotive stuff that looks great at first sight and works well for people trying to look towny, but actually means essentially nothing.  Perfect scum chat.

He also has a big thing about Faust, where he pushes him really hard for inadequately-explained reasons:

I highly approve of this wagon on Faust. I've never seen a scummier D1 for him.
Voting for reactions... not necessarily scummy for silver

kinda scummy for Faust tho

Let's kill Faust
and then totally flip-flops on him later on.  Again not for any reason I can actually tell.  It's weird.

My reasoning here is simple: I love a Faust lynch. It makes me excited because it's really hard to accomplish. It brings out my emotions. This is mainly because of RMM28, where he just really got me excited for that scum!Faust lynch I was never able to pull off. So of course when we are on the border of the RVS stage, I am inclined to drive a Faust lynch, especially when I see some signs to indicate that it might be the right move.

Now, you say I flip-flip on him later on "not for any reason [you] can actually tell." This is strange, because I dropped my vote after Faust town-slipped. Everyone (I believe) dropped their vote on Faust at that point.  So claiming that I did so 'for no reason' looks absurdly similar to bold-faced lying.
That was after the Faust townslip?  I was so far behind here I forgot about the existence of the Faust townslip, let alone exactly when it occurred.  OK, that's decent enough.  It still doesn't really explain your scumread on Faust in the first place, though, which I strongly disagree with.
The explanation for that you give here, I dunno.  Don't think it's good enough.

I told ced this: "Gkrieg, Haddock & ADK are more just normal solvy type players that you would expect to find in a mafia game."

From that, ced inferred that you are "quite analytical," a phrase I did not in fact say. I said you were "solvy" IE: competent. From "quite analytical" you misconstrued further into "super analytical." That phrase was in fact your own invention.  Again, manipulative.
OK, that's reasonable.  I would prefer it if you'd mentioned that I don't tend to manage to contribute useful analysis D1, but sure that's OK.  Obviously I wasn't trying to deliberately misconstrue "quite analytical" into "super analytical", that's just my hyperbole.

Are you and ced both scum then, and in which order ought we kill you?
::)

Overall, OK.  I mean.  I tend to agree, your recent stuff looks like town you.  I'll move my vote as soon as I find someone better.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: June 07, 2016, 04:00:42 pm »

Reading ADK, summary:  I think he looks towny.  I don't agree with his reasons for finding faust scummy early on, but I believe that he believed them.   Not much to say other than that.  He's done nothing scummy.  Whoever is voting for him (someone is but I can't remember who), explain?
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #360 on: June 07, 2016, 05:53:28 pm »

Joseph is playing so much more reserved, that I think he is scum trying not to stand out. He is so much more out there as town.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 07, 2016, 05:57:14 pm »

We need to stop leveraging information off mods, feels kind of dirty.

The speccy would probably suck if there's a Mafia/Mafia QT there.

Need a reread to work out my scumreads.

Also, I don't see how it's scummy to claim town.
It's scummier to claim scum.

gkrieg: 10
Roadrunner: 18
Joseph: 16
Jimmmmm: 5
ADK: 19
Awaclus: 13
Haddock: 5
silverspawn: 24
faust: 56
Seprix: 37
ced: 20
iguanaiguana: 32
Hm, so Haddock has less posts than I'd expect usually.
Apart from that, no real surprises in the post count.

Agreed

I don't know, all of this seems like pretty empty, safe contributuons.
DM me for ideas on a new article, either here or on Discord (I check Discord way more often)

Seprix

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 07, 2016, 05:57:49 pm »

vote: Joseph

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 07, 2016, 06:03:07 pm »

Huh.  That's not bad.  Are those really all of his posts?  I could go with that.

Roadrunner7671

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Roadrunner7672
  • Forum Mafia Record: 18-33-2
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 07, 2016, 06:06:17 pm »

Huh.  That's not bad.  Are those really all of his posts?  I could go with that.
That would ruin my date though.
Oh God someone delete this before Roadrunner sees it.

Jimmmmm

• Torturer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Jimmmmm
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 07, 2016, 06:44:53 pm »

I don't know, all of this seems like pretty empty, safe contributuons.

I can get behind this. Vote: Joseph

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 07, 2016, 07:01:39 pm »

Great minds think alike...

but no, it's somewhat weird, and I'm not quite sure what to make of it. I townread silver somewhat, but potentially that's what he's after.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: June 07, 2016, 07:06:47 pm »

Some town to scum:

iguanaiguana
Seprix
silverspawn
ced

Jimmmmm (+)
gkrieg
Roadrunner

Awaclus (+)
Joseph (+)
ADK
Haddock

Plusses are people I'd be fine lynching more than their position in this list suggests because they're lurky.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 07, 2016, 07:11:03 pm »

I'm going to bed now.

Faust when you get a chance can you give a reason for your scumread on me?
I thought I responded fairly well to the case that was originally presented and to my memory you haven't offered any new reasons.

ced

• Salvager
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 08, 2016, 03:20:37 am »

Also, some more setup talk. I feel we should address the partner requests thing. I feel like it will be best if everyone picks their highest scumread, because scum-town neighborhoods are much better if they're lovers.

I disagree. What I think we want is for scummy people we want to lynch to be partnered together. That way, if the right pair becomes lovers we can maybe get a double lynch out of it. Of course, nonlover scumpairs would suck.

OK so with ced, not actually much to say.  He is actilurking really hard for a big part of the game.

Then there's a period where he only asks people questions, rather than actually contributing any of his own thoughts?  I always find that kind of thing kinda scummy, but I probably shouldn't I guess.  It's a town playstyle for some people.  Like this:

This is how I usually play. I like to hear people's thought processes and don't really like to proceed when I don't understand them.

I told ced this: "Gkrieg, Haddock & ADK are more just normal solvy type players that you would expect to find in a mafia game."

From that, ced inferred that you are "quite analytical," a phrase I did not in fact say. I said you were "solvy" IE: competent. From "quite analytical" you misconstrued further into "super analytical." That phrase was in fact your own invention.  Again, manipulative.

Are you and ced both scum then, and in which order ought we kill you?

Except I inferred the "solvy"="analytical" thing in the QT right after you posted it. Why didn't you correct me then?

Swamped with work right now but I'm free all day Thurs.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 08, 2016, 05:58:55 am »

Overall, OK.  I mean.  I tend to agree, your recent stuff looks like town you.  I'll move my vote as soon as I find someone better.

What's that recent stuff that looks like town!iguana?

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 08, 2016, 06:10:46 am »

Faust when you get a chance can you give a reason for your scumread on me?
I thought I responded fairly well to the case that was originally presented and to my memory you haven't offered any new reasons.

Can do. As you will not be surprised to hear, I disagree.

First, faust is saying that town reading him is the safe option. Well that's just not true this game. Faust was being scum read by several people. I wanted to head that off. Going against the grain like that is rarely the safe play.
Going against the grain is the safe play more often than not; for example, being on a mislynch wagon is bad, and a najority is always on a mislynch wagon. The same way being on my wagon is bad, because I'll be nightkilled and then it looks bad. And it does nothing for scum because they know I won't be lynched D1. I have gone, what, 30-something games without being lynched D1?

Finally, apparently my "this is weak" talk is scummy? Yeah, no. Not at all. Anyone who has played with d1!me should know better than to think that.
Provide examples for what you mean here.

In other news, I am being found scummy on d1. And all is right with the world again.
Standard attempt to invalidate a scumread on you.

Other than that, you seem a bit disconnected from the game. Like you're not naturally responding to things, but rather make rereads and stuff to appear more active.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 08, 2016, 08:50:28 am »

This game is way too slow. Prods can be issued after 24 hours, yes?

Request prods on: Awaclus, ADK, silverspawn

Awaclus

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: Awaclus
  • (´。• ω •。`)
    • View Profile
    • Birds of Necama
« Reply #373 on: June 08, 2016, 08:56:55 am »

Well, it's certainly not my fault the game is slow. My vote is successfully where it needs to be.
Bomb, Cannon, and many of the Gunpowder cards can strongly effect gameplay, particularly in a destructive way

The YouTube channel where I make musicDownload my band's Creative Commons albums for free

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 08, 2016, 09:06:35 am »

Well, it's certainly not my fault the game is slow. My vote is successfully where it needs to be.

You're funny. And wrong. But mostly funny.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 58  All

Page created in 0.075 seconds with 20 queries.