Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 78  All

Author Topic: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (Game Over! Mafia win!)  (Read 193058 times)

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (D4)
« Reply #1700 on: August 08, 2016, 02:21:52 pm »

So I think the only real question is whether you or Haddock made the kills, and then also who is scum with you/haddock.

J Reggie, who do you think the third scum could be?
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1701 on: August 08, 2016, 02:35:19 pm »

So I think the only real question is whether you or Haddock made the kills, and then also who is scum with you/haddock.

Why do you think there are three scum left? Or do you mean including Jan? Because I've made it pretty obvious that I'm convinced the remaining scum are haddock and Faust.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1702 on: August 08, 2016, 02:38:29 pm »

Any thoughts on EFHW/Cellovix?

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: La-Ya
  • Ah... German Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1703 on: August 08, 2016, 03:37:13 pm »

So let's see what Cellovix does and follow his lead!

Sorry to interrupt the conversation here but unvote
"In your face." -Jacob
"Ooh. You just got burned." -Jack
"First place again, disciple!" -Ruikai
"Ugh... 399 cursors. Time to hack!" -Ben
"You gotta do your homework, dude!" -Yul
"Come on man, let the plat play." -The Plat
"It's nice to have a good 'in your face' every once in a while." -Jacob
"OBJECTION!!! The witness is being SUPER gross." -Phoenix Wright
"Milord, Inquisitor Fey sentences that burger to my stomach!" -Maya Fey
"Dude, I only had 4 cups of coffee this morning so I'm gonna crash." -Swi
"Okay, okay. My team name is: Team Lyle: the Advancing Armadillo." -Lyle
"I’m sorry Cedric, we just have to do what we have to do to get me to be a op." -Paul
"Well, I prefer loyal people. I don’t want anyone to be a La-Ya except for me." -La-Ya
"I don't play Monkey vs. Monkey. I'm too busy in pacifist mode, watching my buildings survive and thrive!" -Joshua
Lyle's mom: Are you guys going to play regular Dominion, or are you going to play cheat?
Lyle: Of course we're playing Cheat Dominion!

EFHW

• Spy
  • Shuffle iT Username: EFHW
  • EFHW="ee-foo". Really, how else would you say it?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1704 on: August 08, 2016, 03:40:56 pm »

Now before people start saying "how could haddock have made two kills in one night?" let me say that it's not unheard of. I made two kills in one night as scum with haddock in Fruit Ninja.

Also, a word of advice from outside of the game, which I am currently being informed of:
"Meow!" -- my cat.

As I said before, I am pretty sure that one person made both of those kills, and that they were targeted by a motivator. My role PM states the existence of a motivator in this game, who I assume is now dead.
Seriously?  Somehow I missed that.  Why haven't you brought it up again before? 

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1705 on: August 08, 2016, 03:55:43 pm »

This changes a lot.  I wish someone had corrected me when I said there couldn't have been two nk's! I said it in thread and in the qt. This makes Haddock look worse.  I don't have time right now to check vote counts, but I'm looking at returning to that wagon.

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1706 on: August 08, 2016, 04:39:04 pm »

Now before people start saying "how could haddock have made two kills in one night?" let me say that it's not unheard of. I made two kills in one night as scum with haddock in Fruit Ninja.

Also, a word of advice from outside of the game, which I am currently being informed of:
"Meow!" -- my cat.

As I said before, I am pretty sure that one person made both of those kills, and that they were targeted by a motivator. My role PM states the existence of a motivator in this game, who I assume is now dead.
Interesting theory. But I think a Motivator usually doesn't work on factional abilities.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1707 on: August 08, 2016, 04:41:39 pm »

I guess Haddock could be some sort of Serial Killer... it would work for them.

On another note though: None of the roles flipped so far reads "Motivator" to me. If we still have a living motivator who has targeted Haddock, it's probably worth it to claim.

Thinking about the SK!Haddock theory... it doesn't really make sense with his play.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1708 on: August 08, 2016, 04:46:13 pm »

Why do you think there are three scum left? Or do you mean including Jan? Because I've made it pretty obvious that I'm convinced the remaining scum are haddock and Faust.
This is just your OMGUS. Though my play in retrospective makes more sense than I originally thought, considering Haddock was lynchproof. Still, other stuff.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1709 on: August 08, 2016, 05:39:49 pm »

Cellovix: by non-threatening, I think I meant people who most likely weren't scum. Or wouldn't take over the cutie or use the info to hurt us.
Wait. So you supposedly have a power that can catch scum among the people in your neighborhood... and you try to invite people who are not scum? In what kind of twisted parallel universe does that make sense?

gkrieg13

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: gkrieg
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (D3)
« Reply #1710 on: August 08, 2016, 05:43:33 pm »

Vote Count 4.3

J Reggie (2): faust, Haddock
Haddock (1): J Reggie
Not Voting (4): Cellovix, iguanaiguana, EFHW, teamlyle

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.  Day 4 ends 11 am Monday August 15
« Last Edit: August 09, 2016, 11:49:24 am by gkrieg13 »

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: August 08, 2016, 05:48:14 pm »

This is just your OMGUS. Though my play in retrospective makes more sense than I originally thought, considering Haddock was lynchproof. Still, other stuff.
"makes more sense as scum", that should read.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: August 08, 2016, 06:13:42 pm »

Catching up.

@Haddock

From your perspective, JReggie is confirmed scum.  Who is scum with him, and why?  If you've done that analysis already would you mind pointing me to it?
I hadn't done this.  Now I'm back I'll do it.

My general reads shape at the moment is (scummiest to towniest)

Reggie

Cellovix
faust
EFHW
iguana

lyle

So the possible partner pairings are
Reggie/Cellovix
Reggie/faust
Reggie/EFHW
Reggie/iguana

Well, I think Cello could make sense as Reggie's partner - if Cello bussed Jan, his fairly even-handed approach to Reggie fits.

Reggie/faust seems a bit unlikely given faust's play today.  And faust doesn't read like scum-scum,he reads like an SK (the existence of which is looking less likely as now we have more nights with only 1 kill).

EFHW doesn't really fit to me. With Reggie pushing me crazy hard, scum!EFHW would probably avoid pushing me at all.

So, yeah, Cello or iguana.  Of those, Cellovix is scummier by a margin.

So let's see what Cellovix does and follow his lead!
Grah.  Get a grip, guys.  Deciding to autosheep someone at this stage?  No.  It's like you're treating Cello as an IC, which - he's nowhere close.  If you're going to sheep anyone it should be lyle; not that I'm condoning autosheeping anyone right now.

Haddock has also been really quiet in it.
Duh.  I posted there quite a bit until Reggie made it clear he was scum.  Of course I haven't posted there since; why would I?  I'm reading it though.

I think scum planned for haddock ...
Why would scum!me have any idea that your supposed investigative power was in any way linked to your neighbourhood?  No way does scum predict this.

I still think you may be reading your role wrong.  I think there's a good chance that someone like Hiro (Seprix?) had a power that made your power work, but could only "motivate" you rather than being an actual motivator.  faust is right that none of the flipped roles look anything like motivator to me. 

Did I already mention my silver theory?  I think he is probably responsible for one of the N2 kills.  "Psychotic Dual Personality" sounds a lot like an odd/even night killing ability of some kind.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1713 on: August 08, 2016, 06:21:00 pm »

Cellovix: by non-threatening, I think I meant people who most likely weren't scum. Or wouldn't take over the cutie or use the info to hurt us.
Wait. So you supposedly have a power that can catch scum among the people in your neighborhood... and you try to invite people who are not scum? In what kind of twisted parallel universe does that make sense?

I'm pretty dumb, I guess. I wasn't really expecting to catch scum; I was more expecting to give my neighborhood buddies a sort of clear (as should be obvious from what I said D2 about my power). Turns out I did catch scum, and Yay I guess, except no one believes me so boo.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1714 on: August 08, 2016, 06:22:01 pm »

Why would scum!me have any idea that your supposed investigative power was in any way linked to your neighbourhood?  No way does scum predict this.

I said that my investigative power was for people in my neighborhood. Again, read my D2.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: August 08, 2016, 06:39:06 pm »

I said that my investigative power was for people in my neighborhood. Again, read my D2.
You did?  I don't remember that.

The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: August 08, 2016, 06:57:08 pm »

Iguana, please clarify your role as much as possible without quoting. This is really important.

iguanaiguana

• Minion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1717 on: August 08, 2016, 07:11:29 pm »

Iguana, please clarify your role as much as possible without quoting. This is really important.

I have in the past.

I have two abilities.

The first one is like, if the motivator targets you, you get to be fancy and travel back in time to do some secret stuffs.

The second one is top secret nachos.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: August 09, 2016, 04:07:07 am »

I'm pretty dumb, I guess. I wasn't really expecting to catch scum; I was more expecting to give my neighborhood buddies a sort of clear (as should be obvious from what I said D2 about my power). Turns out I did catch scum, and Yay I guess, except no one believes me so boo.
Except there is no result you could get that would clear someone. And you apparently thought that your power was good enough to act purposefully scummy. This story doesn't add up.

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: August 09, 2016, 08:20:01 am »

Iguana's story doesn't add up either, because a motivator lets someone do something twice, not enable someone for the first time. So it could be mod imprecision or a flavor thing or he made it up. But that's not enough to feel like the 2 nks are explained. /disappointed.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: August 09, 2016, 08:30:33 am »

Iguana's story doesn't add up either, because a motivator lets someone do something twice, not enable someone for the first time. So it could be mod imprecision or a flavor thing or he made it up. But that's not enough to feel like the 2 nks are explained. /disappointed.
I really want to ask iguana whether the word "Motivator" is actually used (and whether it's capitalised) - but would that be mod-quoting?

I still think silver is responsible for that 2nd kill.  Anyone want to actually comment on that theory?

EFHW

• Spy
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: August 09, 2016, 08:37:11 am »

I really want to ask iguana whether the word "Motivator" is actually used (and whether it's capitalised) - but would that be mod-quoting?

I still think silver is responsible for that 2nd kill.  Anyone want to actually comment on that theory?
I said the same in the qt.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: August 09, 2016, 08:43:37 am »

I said the same in the qt.
About silver?  I must have missed you mentioning that. I just Ctrl+F'd "silver" and couldn't find you mentioning him, which admittedly is not the best search process ever.

I see Cello saying he reckons silver wouldn't have vigged either of them.  There may be some validity to that, I should have a look at silver's reads.
We should take into account that "Dual Personality" may mean something stronger than just odd/even night ability.  It could be odd/even night alignment changing.  Which would explain a weird kill from silver AND his failure to claim responsibility. 

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: August 09, 2016, 08:44:46 am »

Looking back at silver's reaction to the nightkills:

stupid green.
I'm guessing a town vig shot Seprix?  Should we have them claim the kill?  Was a very poor shot regardless with him and Lyle confirming each other as town.
why would a vig shoot seprix? Isn't cron the more likely vig target?

Well, I can definitely see these posts coming from someone who knows he's responsible for Cron's death.

But I think silver asked for a vig claim at some point. Let me check.

I found this:
What would help is if we knew the reason for our second NK. If no-one claims it, then we probably have a SK, and in a world with a SK, I don't think J Reggie's play is sensible to have come from mafia, and then we lynch Haddock.
Yeah, I don't think silver posts this if he thinks he's responsible for the second nightkill.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: August 09, 2016, 08:50:54 am »

I found this:
What would help is if we knew the reason for our second NK. If no-one claims it, then we probably have a SK, and in a world with a SK, I don't think J Reggie's play is sensible to have come from mafia, and then we lynch Haddock.
Yeah, I don't think silver posts this if he thinks he's responsible for the second nightkill.
Hmm.  You're probably.  I mean maybe he does that if I'm right in my wild guess that he's variable-alignment.  But that's a stretch I guess.

Pages: 1 ... 67 68 [69] 70 71 ... 78  All

Page created in 0.074 seconds with 16 queries.