Dominion Strategy Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 78  All

Author Topic: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (Game Over! Mafia win!)  (Read 193070 times)

silverspawn

• Adventurer
  • Shuffle iT Username: sty.silver
    • View Profile
Re: RMM 33: Heroes Mafia (D3)
« Reply #1350 on: July 31, 2016, 03:15:16 pm »

Thought: a relevant factor is the plausibility of J Reggie's action as mafia. He would have team mates, so we can assume that he only does this if it at least looks like good play.

Best case for mafia!J Reggie is that we lynch Haddock and then him. So a trade has to be good for scum in order to have come from scum.

If this game is 10-3 or 9-3-1, I don't think it is sensible. I think it's only good play in a 9-4 setup. Unless J Reggie thought he would go down anyway, but I don't think he would. We considered him semi-flavor cleared.

What would help is if we knew the reason for our second NK. If no-one claims it, then we probably have a SK, and in a world with a SK, I don't think J Reggie's play is sensible to have come from mafia, and then we lynch Haddock.

Please verify if this makes sense before anyone claims.

PPE 4

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: July 31, 2016, 03:16:51 pm »

Why?

In a choice between twon!me and town!you, scum might prefer me. And if not, it's still mostly a wash where scum doesn't really care and their main focus is to avoid incriminating wagon positions.

If you are town, then last night's 3-way wagon was on 3 town and scum super didn't care who got lynched. Splitting it up three ways is a great way for all of them to avoid much responsibility.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

J Reggie

• Jester
  • Shuffle iT Username: J Reggie
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1352 on: July 31, 2016, 03:17:05 pm »

Pretty sure haddock and Faust are both scum. I just need to convince the rest of you. Haddock, sorry I misunderstood what you were saying in the neighborhood. Yes, maybe I should have waited longer to claim, but I wanted to out the scum as asap as possible. I guess that just gives them more ammo to mislynch me. But I can guarantee that the results I claimed are 100% what I got, so it's up to all of you who aren't haddock or Faust.

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: La-Ya
  • Ah... German Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: July 31, 2016, 03:17:48 pm »

Man, lots of stuff!

It's clear that either Haddock or J Reggie is scum. Haddock never did claim in the neighborhood, but no one asked him to (that is, in the neighborhood.) He later said that he wasn't happy about chairs/EFHW because she's completely null to him. He said that he didn't see himself claiming in the main thread, which I guess is scummy. Although at the same time, if he was scum and didn't want to claim, wouldn't he just pretend to be away while asking gkrieg for a false flavor claim? Haddock, what do you have to fear if scum knows your role?
"In your face." -Jacob
"Ooh. You just got burned." -Jack
"First place again, disciple!" -Ruikai
"Ugh... 399 cursors. Time to hack!" -Ben
"You gotta do your homework, dude!" -Yul
"Come on man, let the plat play." -The Plat
"It's nice to have a good 'in your face' every once in a while." -Jacob
"OBJECTION!!! The witness is being SUPER gross." -Phoenix Wright
"Milord, Inquisitor Fey sentences that burger to my stomach!" -Maya Fey
"Dude, I only had 4 cups of coffee this morning so I'm gonna crash." -Swi
"Okay, okay. My team name is: Team Lyle: the Advancing Armadillo." -Lyle
"I’m sorry Cedric, we just have to do what we have to do to get me to be a op." -Paul
"Well, I prefer loyal people. I don’t want anyone to be a La-Ya except for me." -La-Ya
"I don't play Monkey vs. Monkey. I'm too busy in pacifist mode, watching my buildings survive and thrive!" -Joshua
Lyle's mom: Are you guys going to play regular Dominion, or are you going to play cheat?
Lyle: Of course we're playing Cheat Dominion!

faust

• Board Moderator
  • Shuffle iT Username: faust
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: July 31, 2016, 03:17:58 pm »

What would help is if we knew the reason for our second NK. If no-one claims it, then we probably have a SK, and in a world with a SK, I don't think J Reggie's play is sensible to have come from mafia, and then we lynch Haddock.

At first I thought "I don't want to force claims", but really, if some towny did kill Cron/Seprix, then claiming that would more or less confirm J Reggie as scum.
You say the ocean's rising, like I give a shit
You say the whole world's ending, honey it already did

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: July 31, 2016, 03:19:07 pm »

And remember we have one Tracker flipped already. This would imply two Trackers, which seems like overkill.

Agreed. But you don't even need the ninja. Is there any plausible reason why one player doing kills twice is worse than spreading them? If anything, one player means that guilty results don't stack, that's a good thing.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: July 31, 2016, 03:19:33 pm »

Although at the same time, if he was scum and didn't want to claim, wouldn't he just pretend to be away while asking gkrieg for a false flavor claim?
Usually fake claims are provided at game start.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: July 31, 2016, 03:20:51 pm »

And remember we have one Tracker flipped already. This would imply two Trackers, which seems like overkill.

Agreed. But you don't even need the ninja. Is there any plausible reason why one player doing kills twice is worse than spreading them? If anything, one player means that guilty results don't stack, that's a good thing.
Well there's blocking roles. But mostly I agree; I just don't buy into the narrative that scum has an extra kill.

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: July 31, 2016, 03:21:16 pm »

At first I thought "I don't want to force claims", but really, if some towny did kill Cron/Seprix, then claiming that would more or less confirm J Reggie as scum.

Maybe.

we should really hear Haddock's claim.

Well there's blocking roles. But mostly I agree; I just don't buy into the narrative that scum has an extra kill.

no, I don't think that either.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: July 31, 2016, 03:21:43 pm »

Pretty sure haddock and Faust are both scum. I just need to convince the rest of you. Haddock, sorry I misunderstood what you were saying in the neighborhood. Yes, maybe I should have waited longer to claim, but I wanted to out the scum as asap as possible. I guess that just gives them more ammo to mislynch me. But I can guarantee that the results I claimed are 100% what I got, so it's up to all of you who aren't haddock or Faust.
Any reason for your read other than blatant OMGUS?

iguanaiguana

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: iguana iguana
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: July 31, 2016, 03:22:34 pm »

My vote is on Haddock. I'm pretty sure I picked the right one for the day. I am done for the day now and I don't think I need to participate too much more so I won't be.
Point iguana. Not that points really matter with a result, but still.
Igu is town or trying the hardest he ever has as scum.

teamlyle

• Young Witch
  • Shuffle iT Username: La-Ya
  • Ah... German Hello?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: July 31, 2016, 03:22:36 pm »

By the way Haddock, I think we'd all appreciate it if you claimed. Thanks
"In your face." -Jacob
"Ooh. You just got burned." -Jack
"First place again, disciple!" -Ruikai
"Ugh... 399 cursors. Time to hack!" -Ben
"You gotta do your homework, dude!" -Yul
"Come on man, let the plat play." -The Plat
"It's nice to have a good 'in your face' every once in a while." -Jacob
"OBJECTION!!! The witness is being SUPER gross." -Phoenix Wright
"Milord, Inquisitor Fey sentences that burger to my stomach!" -Maya Fey
"Dude, I only had 4 cups of coffee this morning so I'm gonna crash." -Swi
"Okay, okay. My team name is: Team Lyle: the Advancing Armadillo." -Lyle
"I’m sorry Cedric, we just have to do what we have to do to get me to be a op." -Paul
"Well, I prefer loyal people. I don’t want anyone to be a La-Ya except for me." -La-Ya
"I don't play Monkey vs. Monkey. I'm too busy in pacifist mode, watching my buildings survive and thrive!" -Joshua
Lyle's mom: Are you guys going to play regular Dominion, or are you going to play cheat?
Lyle: Of course we're playing Cheat Dominion!

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: July 31, 2016, 03:23:32 pm »

I really don't think that helps. Him claiming not to have a targeting roel is good enough for me. You seem awfully eager to out PRs.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: July 31, 2016, 03:23:50 pm »

I would not.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: July 31, 2016, 03:24:16 pm »

My vote is on Haddock. I'm pretty sure I picked the right one for the day. I am done for the day now and I don't think I need to participate too much more so I won't be.

Vote: iguana

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1365 on: July 31, 2016, 03:25:19 pm »

iguana has figured out how to play mafia; are it takes is 10 minutes of skimming the thread and then who's scum falls right into your lap.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1366 on: July 31, 2016, 03:26:04 pm »

Just reading through today's posts, it seems obvious. I already had a scum read on you, and now you pushing my lynch when I have incriminating evidence is telling.

I would not.

Obviously not, because he's your partner.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1367 on: July 31, 2016, 03:26:45 pm »

Just reading through today's posts, it seems obvious. I already had a scum read on you, and now you pushing my lynch when I have incriminating evidence is telling.  No.

FTFY

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1368 on: July 31, 2016, 03:27:43 pm »

I would not.

Obviously not, because he's your partner.

Why would I not want my partner to unpack that juicy fakeclaim we've prepared from the start?

silverspawn

• Adventurer
    • View Profile
« Reply #1369 on: July 31, 2016, 03:28:01 pm »

I really don't think that helps. Him claiming not to have a targeting roel is good enough for me. You seem awfully eager to out PRs.

uhm. okay, sure. don't claim.

So how do you - or anyone - explain the mafia! J Reggie narrative, if we can't explain the second NK, hence have a 9-3-1 setup?

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1370 on: July 31, 2016, 03:28:54 pm »

Just reading through today's posts, it seems obvious. I already had a scum read on you, and now you pushing my lynch when I have incriminating evidence is telling.  No.

FTFY

Faust, how is this helpful to you at all as town or scum? I gave a reason, which I think is a good reason, and you just crossed it out and wrote no? I think that's more of a scummy thing to do than towny, but I just don't get it.

Haddock

• Minion
  • Shuffle iT Username: Haddock
  • Doc Cod
    • View Profile
« Reply #1371 on: July 31, 2016, 03:29:16 pm »

I'm pretty sure it's better for town overall if I dont claim today.
If I'm mislynched you'll understand why. On the other hand I'd rather we just lynched reggie.
The best reason to lynch Haddock is the meltdown we get to witness on the wagon runup. I mean, we should totally wagon him every day just for the lulz.

M Town Wins-Losses (6-2, 75%): 71, 72, 76, 81, 83, 87 - 79, 82.  M Scum Wins-Losses (2-1, 67%): 80, 101 - 70.
RMM Town Wins-Losses (3-1, 75%): 42, 47, 49 - 31.  RMM Scum Wins-Losses (3-3, 50%): 33, 37, 43 - 29, 32, 35.
Modded: M75, M84, RMM38.     Mislynched (M-RMM): None - 42.     Correctly lynched (M-RMM): 101 - 33, 33, 35.       MVPs: RMM37, M87

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1372 on: July 31, 2016, 03:29:47 pm »

So how do you - or anyone - explain the mafia! J Reggie narrative, if we can't explain the second NK, hence have a 9-3-1 setup?
I think he would have gone down today if he hadn't claimed to have used his 1-shot.

faust

• Board Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1373 on: July 31, 2016, 03:30:53 pm »

Faust, how is this helpful to you at all as town or scum? I gave a reason, which I think is a good reason, and you just crossed it out and wrote no? I think that's more of a scummy thing to do than towny, but I just don't get it.
Well, your reason was the definition of OMGUS. So you might as well have admitted to it. Like, I may be OMGUS's bitch, but at least I'm man enough to admit it.

J Reggie

• Jester
    • View Profile
    • Jeff Rosenthal Music
« Reply #1374 on: July 31, 2016, 03:33:45 pm »

I think he would have gone down today if he hadn't claimed to have used his 1-shot.

There's no way I would have made this bold of a claim as scum. It's really weird but it's what I got, and I have to make my assumptions off of it.
Pages: 1 ... 53 54 [55] 56 57 ... 78  All

Page created in 0.098 seconds with 16 queries.